Prince Sebastien, Current Events Part 1: May 2004 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sebastian plays Rugby on Luxembourg's U18 (under 18) national team. He apparently became an excellent rugby player during his schooling in England which apparently ended in September. He's no different than any other player. He has a completely normal relationship with the team except that his father is the one who presents the trophies ;) Henri was present at his recent success over Croatia in the championships in France.

According to wikipedia (no, it's not the most accurate source, but we'll take what we can get) Sebastien goes to Ampleforth College.

i think he used to go there but now he's in 11th grade at the International School of Luxembourg.
hahaha cause only us cool kids go there :p

Luxembourgish. You will find that if you run a German translator on it that it will translate most of the words. You'll be able to get the gist of the article with German.

Articles on Wort will alternate between Luxembourgish and straight German. Luxembourg is Lëtzebuerg in Luxembourgish, Luxembourg in French, and Luxemburg in German you will see any of these varieties in Luxembourg and the news sites. When you go to Wort and you click on Lëtzebuerg for news in Luxembourg just assume that it's Luxembourgish or German and use a German translator where necessary.

On the first moment I thought it' s German. My uncle who was in Luxembourg said that their language is mixture of French and German.

It is a dialect of High German, however, it is a mixture of German and French with some original words. I read Luxemburger Wort everday in the Lëtzebuerg section, and several other local Luxembourg news sources. I'm so used to reading various news from Luxembourg in Luxembourgish it that I can hardly tell the difference in the German and Luxembourgish anymore.....me thinks my German is turning into Luxembourgish (but I won't complain about that).

With the usual English infiltration because apparently "bad hair day" is "bad hair day" in Luxembourgish, too ;)

I actually translated that article from Wort about Sebastian and his rugby several weeks ago. It's here in the Lux section somewhere.

Wow! Sounds interesting! Was it something connected with charity? Or they were on vacation there?
Thank you so much for information, grim_lady :flowers:

I think this was strictly vacation-related. There wasn't a lot of fuss about it and there was never a press release. That's part of the reason why I was surprised to find this.

I knew they are catholics, but to visit some catholics events in spare time! That's say a lot to me! Such a great family! :wub:

From the articles posted, it comes out very clearly that they were there because of the World Youth Day and not for other purposes... of course that is an experience quite similar to a vacation, because you are with people of your age and you have also a lot of fun and some visiting.
I found very intresting that they travelled with the Legion of Christ, a topic relevant also for actual news about prince Felix.

From the articles posted, it comes out very clearly that they were there because of the World Youth Day and not for other purposes... of course that is an experience quite similar to a vacation, because you are with people of your age and you have also a lot of fun and some visiting.
I found very intresting that they travelled with the Legion of Christ, a topic relevant also for actual news about prince Felix.

Why is the Legion of Christ relevant for news about Prince Felix?

I loved Seb's Luxembourg tee shirt.

Has anyone else noticed that Prince Sebastien is getting more handsome?

I did! I was looking some pictures yesterday and, gosh, i guess i just missed that moment when we stopped being just good looking boy and become very handsome young man!

very good what they did, it's good that the family is very Catholic.

and I agree that sebastian every day is getting more handsome, he will be a handsome man!!!

Why is the Legion of Christ relevant for news about Prince Felix?

Because the Legion of Christ has an University in Rome offering a master in Bioethics (the one I presume the prince will take).

Because the Legion of Christ has an University in Rome offering a master in Bioethics (the one I presume the prince will take).

Oh yeah, I forgot this. I thought it was to do with travels.

Do you know if this is a 1 year program or a 2 year program. I've looked at the website but I do not read Italian so I cannot tell.

Oh yeah, I forgot this. I thought it was to do with travels.

Do you know if this is a 1 year program or a 2 year program. I've looked at the website but I do not read Italian so I cannot tell.

2 years. Is it normal for a master program to have lessons only a day per week?

I'm only familiar with the US graduate degree system. Here it takes a lot more than 1 day per week, but there are many programs that are only 1 year here.

What's the course Bioethics all about?
(well, eh, I'm a freshman in college and I'm one year younger than him).

Bioethics is the philosophical study of the ethical controversies brought about by advances in biology and medicine. Bioethicists are concerned with the ethical questions that arise in the relationships among life sciences, biotech, medicine, politics, law, philosophy, and theology.

-Wikipedia

Anyone see the movie Gattaca?

The masters program I'm in is one day a week. You have the option of taking two days but mostly it is one day per week. I think on the graduate level it is designed with the idea in mind that most people at this point are employed at full-time jobs and want to spend as little time at school as possible and get it done-that's why my program does it that way-because its assumed that by the time you get to grad school you have other commitments that an 18 year old undergraduate freshman wouldn't have.

Prince Sébastian is in Promi.

'Ich will nicht anders sein' I think means 'I do not want to be different'. Maybe someone better on the language can correct if it's wrong :)

Promi

It's recent. The rugby team participated in press interviews just recently which is why the coverage of Seb in Revue, Promi and other mags.

It's recent. The rugby team participated in press interviews just recently which is why the coverage of Seb in Revue, Promi and other mags.

Thank you Lalla Meriem. What are the other Magazines which has Sebastien"s picture as their coverage?

Thank you Lalla Meriem. What are the other Magazines which has Sebastien"s picture as their coverage?

Revue and Promi are both magazines that are part of a larger publishing group. Other magazines are published by the same company and often utilize the same articles in different languages. I was referring to those other magazines like Tageblatt and such which come from the same sources.

Back
Top Bottom