The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 07:13 PM
Gentry

:) Lady Marmalade,

I don't recall reading anything that stated Louis would not step up and be a hands on parent. You sound so sure that he already choose to be a bad parent from the beginning, without even any confirmation from the royal house of Luxembourg that Louis decided to not be involved in his child's life. Unless you know something we don't know, please do tell us to better understand if you do know. I personally don't know what is being said or done behind closed doors of the royal family and what they plan on doing in the future. So, what I'm trying to get you to see is that we don't know what is going on behind closed doors and we can not make any assumptions (according to you )= that he will not take his responsibility on raising his child.
You are welcome!!!!

Old 09-26-2005, 07:17 PM
Gentry

Well, branchg maybe they wanted to have a baby, we will never know unless one of us asked him:) .

Old 09-26-2005, 07:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by la francaise
Well, branchg maybe they wanted to have a baby, we will never know unless one of us asked him:) .
Yes, of course, this is very possible. But Louis certainly should have known better as a royal with responsibilities to put his duty first. There is plenty of time to get married and have a baby. Why now?
Old 09-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Courtier

Are there any pictures of Tessy and Louis together? Or any recent pictures of her?
Old 09-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

What a difficult situation. Being the stepmother to an 18 year old son, I pray each and every day, I and his father do not have to face this particular event. 19 is not what it used to be 20 years ago. 19 these days is still very young. Although I do agree that with all the technology these days, a young man & woman should have the common sense to use what is available to them, I also realize that being Catholic means not believing in the use of birth control. I can only hope that they take responsibility for their actions. Also, being born into a royal family does not mean that you have it easy or that you should have it easy (ie, nannies & child care). I have always been of the belief "you made your bed, now you have to lie in it"..... Good luck to them.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:57 PM
Courtier

I follow the Lux family but rarely post, but I am interested to know what everyone thinks about this now that it has come up:
I myself am a Catholic and I find it interesting (and frankly appalling) that certain Catholics say, "Yes, she got pregnant but that's because we're Catholic and don't believe in birth control." BUT IT IS AGAINST CATHOLIC TEACHING TO HAVE PRE-MARITAL SEX IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! Why obey one rule very strictly while completely disregarding the first rule (which would really just make the other point irrelevant)?!
Old 09-26-2005, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I totally agree the best birth control is abstinence. But if you can't refrain from sex then there is an alternative. Being Catholic (or any religion for that matter) is no excuse, that is for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffyBallerina
I follow the Lux family but rarely post, but I am interested to know what everyone thinks about this now that it has come up:
I myself am a Catholic and I find it interesting (and frankly appalling) that certain Catholics say, "Yes, she got pregnant but that's because we're Catholic and don't believe in birth control." BUT IT IS AGAINST CATHOLIC TEACHING TO HAVE PRE-MARITAL SEX IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! Why obey one rule very strictly while completely disregarding the first rule (which would really just make the other point irrelevant)?!
Old 09-26-2005, 08:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know too many modern Catholics (and I was born and raised Catholic myself) who DON'T use birth control. So to argue Louis and his girlfriend should be two virginal Catholics in the 21st Century is probably ridiculous.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:34 PM
Gentry

Well Louis eventually didn't want to follow the value rule:
NO SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE.
And since he did maybe that's because he doesn't plan on following any catholic rules that are being taught in his household from the beginning.:(
Old 09-26-2005, 08:37 PM
Gentry

And on this birth control thing, many people use birth control for many reasons besides engaging into any sexual behavior.:o Even though birth control is really used for sexual behavior.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Quote:
NO SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE.
And since he did maybe that's because he doesn't plan on following any catholic rules that are being taught in his household from the beginning.:(
Some Catholic's follow all Catholic doctrine & some pick & choose (I'm Catholic myself). Maybe Louis is like that as well (I'm no saying he is)....younger Catholic's (and even some older ones) in this day & age pick & choose what to believe.....I'm not saying it is right or wrong.

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 09-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Royal Highness

Smile

Quote:
:) Lady Marmalade,

I don't recall reading anything that stated Louis would not step up and be a hands on parent. You sound so sure that he already choose to be a bad parent from the beginning, without even any confirmation from the royal house of Luxembourg that Louis decided to not be involved in his child's life. Unless you know something we don't know, please do tell us to better understand if you do know. I personally don't know what is being said or done behind closed doors of the royal family and what they plan on doing in the future. So, what I'm trying to get you to see is that we don't know what is going on behind closed doors and we can not make any assumptions (according to you )= that he will not take his responsibility on raising his child.
You are welcome!!!!
Hi,

Well, you are right, I do not know them personally. All I am saying is that if anyone has sex and the result, with or without protection, is a baby 9 months later, then be the parents to the baby and raise the child responsibly.

We do not if they really love each other, if she did this for her own reasons..got pregnant on purpose, if he thought he was some stud showing off to his buddies, they both wanted to rebel against their parents..

We don't know...

I just feel in today's world that going overboard with applause and congrats is just a little too much..

We all, each and every one of us, have the right to profess our thoughts on this and many of you have written very eloquent and well thought-out posts.

In the United States, time and time again, young people have babies due to mutually consented sex and then expect someone else to raise the baby so they can continue going to school or just growing up.

If you are mature enough to take the risk of creating another life, then you better me mature enough to handle the responsibilities that go along with it for the rest of your life.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:56 PM
Royal Highness

What astounds me even more is how none of you have any sympathy or curiosity other than will the baby have a title, will they marry, and so on....

In these situations, when the couple, rich or poor, is so young, it is the baby who loses out...royalty or no royalty...

No amount of castles, nannies, trust funds, a throne, jewels, etc. can make up for the unconditional love of a parent...

Just look at how Harry turned out (PRE-SANDHURST)...if daddy would have used some of his own past demons of feeling abandoned as a child and turned his thoughts to Harry after Diana died instead of carefully orchestrating the grande dame world premiere entrance of Camilla onto the world stage, maybe he would not have had such difficult teen years....

But that is for another post..
Old 09-26-2005, 10:15 PM
Royal Highness

I just want to know if anyone is going to lose/not gain a royal title and status.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:45 PM
Aristocracy

I'm not sure what else we should have sympahty for or be curious about. As a child of a single mom myself, I don't feel sympathy for the baby. If fifteen years down the road, the child's life is terrible because Tessy and Louis forced it onto nannies or because they married and then had a messy divore or because they were bad parents, then I will feel sympathy for it - just like one would feel for any normal child in the same situation. Until then, I am with Reina - what will the royal status situation be like?
Old 09-27-2005, 12:49 AM
Courtier

I don't think the baby will have titles (even if the Lux family would like to give it one) because giving a title to an illegitimate child is not really done in royal circles these days. Maybe if they get married, THEN the baby might get a courtesy title.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
NO SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE.
Being a catholic myself, I think they are rules far more important than "no sex before marriage" or "births control". The sexual matters shouldn't be the more important in any religion.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:52 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
Hi,

Well, you are right, I do not know them personally. All I am saying is that if anyone has sex and the result, with or without protection, is a baby 9 months later, then be the parents to the baby and raise the child responsibly.

We do not if they really love each other, if she did this for her own reasons..got pregnant on purpose, if he thought he was some stud showing off to his buddies, they both wanted to rebel against their parents..

We don't know...

I just feel in today's world that going overboard with applause and congrats is just a little too much..

We all, each and every one of us, have the right to profess our thoughts on this and many of you have written very eloquent and well thought-out posts.

In the United States, time and time again, young people have babies due to mutually consented sex and then expect someone else to raise the baby so they can continue going to school or just growing up.

If you are mature enough to take the risk of creating another life, then you better me mature enough to handle the responsibilities that go along with it for the rest of your life.
Waouh! Astonishing moralizer speech! I've already stated that people with such opinions have generaly never faced this kind of events, but my statement is going stronger when I read you. It's so easy to say "they should", "he must", "she has to". But one never knows how in real life (not in perfect moral world that some seem to desire so much) one will face an unexpected pregnancy. And because you believe there should be no sex before marriage just doesn't mean noone should have sex before marriage.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:28 AM
Courtier

here's something i heard, they're planning on living in switzerland.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:44 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane
Waouh! Astonishing moralizer speech! I've already stated that people with such opinions have generaly never faced this kind of events, but my statement is going stronger when I read you. It's so easy to say "they should", "he must", "she has to". But one never knows how in real life (not in perfect moral world that some seem to desire so much) one will face an unexpected pregnancy. And because you believe there should be no sex before marriage just doesn't mean noone should have sex before marriage.
I really agree with you. I'm a devout catholic, so obviously I would like royal families give a different examples to their people, but we don't know how things happened. For me, the worst would be a abortion or trying to shut up the girl. Some people here say "they made it, now they have to pay for it!" or "they made their own bed, now... etc" This is very hard things to say! When I heard people talking like this I believe they have some jealous. They are not murders or thiefs, and maybe they really wanted a baby, who knows? They will have a baby, their parents will suport them (not only with money, but with LOVE), so all we have to do is be happy for them and desire the best for the baby.
I agree when Danielane says real life is very different from perfect life. We can't judge anyone. We can jugde actions, not people.

Quote:
That's correct!! maybe one day they will give an interview and then they will have the chace to explain everything.