Prince Louis Will Become A Father!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I don't see what's the problem with nannies's help. I wish everybody could have persons (family, nannies, friends) to help them in raising their childs. Obviously the parents are the only responsibles for their baby's education and are they who should give love and affection, but a help from others is always wellcome, why not?

It would be better if they had children after they get married but things happens and like some members already said they assumed what they had done with responsability. And I'm happy for them. And happy to see that both families are supporting them. If this happend in others royal houses I honestly think the result would be very different from this one.

BMC said:
Anyway, I'm curious about the reaction in Luxembourg to this news. What do the people there think about all of this?

As far as I can tell, I think they're pretty, er, upset.
I've been doing a bit of investigating as to the whole situation. Didn't somebody say that Tessy Anthony [or Hansen, or Hansen-Anthony, I've seen it all three ways] was a nurse in the army? I think she's also a photographer- there are a lot of photos credited to her that I've found, especially for the newspapers.
I also found an article in the Belgian paper Het Nieuwsblad, but my Dutch is atrocious so I had to translate it via Altavista. Here's a quick rundown of the points of the article [if I posted the actual text you'd all laugh, it looks like Engrish]:
-A newspaper reporter from Tageblatt said that there have been rumours going around about Louis for a few weeks- he has gotten his driver's license six weeks ago and they were waiting to hear about his first speeding ticket, but got hit with the news that his girlfriend was pregnant instead!
-Radio Luxembourg played the Vaya Con Dios song "Don't Cry For Louie" nearly all day on the day this was announced. [Is this for real? Someone from Luxembourg?]
-Apparently, the younger population of Luxembourg really doesn't care about it, but the elderly are "furious". It goes on to say that "they wonder why she has not been sent to Switzerland in shame." [I'm paraphrasing that]
-Tessy has been honorably discharged from the Luxembourg army for a few months now.
-There are specualtions as to how the pair met- some say it happened in Kosovo, when Louis went to visit the troops there on an official appearance, and others say it happened in Switzerland, where Louis was concluding military school [I didn't know that].
-Louis and Tessy are apparently now staying in London for a little while, where the Royal Family has an apartment.
-Tessy is from a village in the south of the country called Niedercorn.
-"It is the intention that they will not live together in Luxembourg, but under the same roof as the Royal Family." So, I guess this means she's moving into Colmar-Berg with them? :confused:
-The reporter states that Luxembourg's papers have never really covered the romantic antics of the family before, because the palace would never confirm anything. This is a big deal to them, and even so, "we didn't make it the head item of the newspaper." [I'm guessing he means headline]

And at the top of this article, it claims that "all of this happened in super-Catholic Luxembourg!" [Like, OMGWTFBBQ!]

So, that's pretty interesting stuff. I'm still looking for other articles- they're hard to find.

Regina said:
Honestly I don't see what's the problem with nannies's help. I wish everybody could have persons (family, nannies, friends) to help them in raising their childs. Obviously the parents are the only responsibles for their baby's education and are they who should give love and affection, but a help from others is always wellcome, why not?

It would be better if they had children after they get married but things happens and like some members already said they assumed what they had done with responsability. And I'm happy for them. And happy to see that both families are supporting them. If this happend in others royal houses I honestly think the result would be very different from this one.

So, that makes it acceptable...because you are royal with money and servants, let someone else raise your child while you continue to grow up?

Oh yeah, that sends a great message to your country's people.

I have a cousin, 29, makes $15.00 an hour working at Jewel (a grocery store in Chicago). She got pregnant while on vacation in Puerto Rico three years ago. She barely has an education or enough to live on, but she was smart enough to realize the consequences of her actions.

She does not have a trust fund or castles or servants.

She refused all financial help saying her daughter was her responsibility to raise and take care and no one else's.

And you know what? Her daughter is an intelligent, well-behaved, smart, beautiful little girl who is well fed and immaculately clean.

Letting him off the hook to continue "growing up" and before he needs to become a full fledged adult is not the answer by letting his parents or the servants raise the baby till he or Tessy, or both of them together, are ready to be proper parents.

My God...I never realized our morals and values have sunk that low in this world where all this is perfectly acceptable...and cheered at..

Sometimes tough love with a child would go a long way. If Charles had been that way with Harry, instead of ignoring his grief and being around during the all important teenage growing years, maybe he would have turned out better.

Anyway, I have to agree with delieante. This thread has made the forum way too upsetting. I miss the good old days when all we had to worry about was if Guillaume was still dating Pia Haraldsen, because there was nothing confimed.

Well...we are all entitled to our own beliefs....I just choose to live with reality. I do not look at these princes like a starstruck 14 year-old girl looking for the next pinup on my wall.

These are real men who need to realize their positions in life are not one of an ordinary life, but of a public one, it is not fair but that is the way it is.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Anyway, I have to agree with delieante. This thread has made the forum way too upsetting. I miss the good old days when all we had to worry about was if Guillaume was still dating Pia Haraldsen, because there was nothing confimed.

I think some people are upset and think some of the comments in this thread may be harsh because this is the first time that something serious and real has occured with any of the Grand Ducal couple's children. The kids are all young and for many, many years were quite protected and sheltered as they were in school and not in the public eye much. Even William and Harry of Great Britain, with the special request made by St. James' Palace for the boys to be left alone while they were at Eton and university, were still under more scrutiny than the Luxembourg princes and Princess Alexandra.

Now though we have to realize that these children are obviously growing up and doing adult things, good and the slightly more controversial. Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume is taking on more royal duties and we are seeing him going on trips abroad with his parents (and with this, more coverage and pictures of him), while his younger brother will be a father soon.

As someone who moderates this particular forum and reads all the threads here, very often I read posts to the effect of "He's soooooooooo cute!" or "Yeah a new picture!" because that's all that could be said. There wasn't much news about the Grand Ducal couple or their children. Now there is concrete news and the news is more mixed than being absolutely postive and wonderful, and there will be mixed reaction to the news.

I am seeing more and new members participating in this part of the forum; members who didn't normally participate in threads about the Luxembourg royals but because of this latest news are offering up their opinons.

It doesn't mean that those of you who used to fawn over Guillaume, Louis, Felix or Sebastian can't anymore. (Check out any thread on Felipe or Frederik and you'll see grown women with husbands/boyfriends, children and careers fawning over both men!) There is still room for gushing over your favourite Luxembourg prince. But there is also room for others to make their opinons known about the latest development in the family, good or bad, positive or critical, harsh or kind. This is what a forum is about -- open discussion.

Just because threads are no longer gushing and full of "ooooooohhhhs" and "ahhhhhhhs" does not mean that the forum is no longer fun. It just means that things are changing and that posts reflect that. There is no need to leave because of this change. It just means looking at the forum differently.

I quite dont know what to say....as a girl who was born out of wedlock myself I feel more for the baby then the parents. (Heck I dont know much about MY birthfather.....) I think this is quite the last straw about my love affair with royalty...it really seems that they ARE too human after all. I am not bashing royals but its strange how ppl react to this. I feel a bit sad about this, but I was expecting something like this to happen to at least one of the royals one of these days in this crazy world. I heard a roumour about something like this in Spain and about Guillaume of course you will not believe me so I wont talk about it. I dont know maybe the castles and fairytales are really stupid in the first place.....sigh whats the point anymore?

Queen Astrid said:
I quite dont know what to say....as a girl who was born out of wedlock myself I feel more for the baby then the parents. (Heck I dont know much about MY birthfather.....) I think this is quite the last straw about my love affair with royalty...it really seems that they ARE too human after all. I am not bashing royals but its strange how ppl react to this. I feel a bit sad about this, but I was expecting something like this to happen to at least one of the royals one of these days in this crazy world. I heard a roumour about something like this in Spain and about Guillaume of course you will not believe me so I wont talk about it. I dont know maybe the castles and fairytales are really stupid in the first place.....sigh whats the point anymore?

I think what we all need to remember is that they are all human with human foibles.

Queen Astrid said:
I think this is quite the last straw about my love affair with royalty...it really seems that they ARE too human after all. I am not bashing royals but its strange how ppl react to this. I feel a bit sad about this, but I was expecting something like this to happen to at least one of the royals one of these days in this crazy world.

Actually I felt that way myself too. Adios!

Busy weekend for posters, I haven't figured out who started or spread the rumor about a pregnancy. We heard wron that it was Prince Felix but Did Louis or Tessy let it slip to the press? Somebody told someone about it -
and not just this past week! Her family has not come forward to support their daughter.
Wittykitty:confused:

wittykitty said:
Busy weekend for posters, I haven't figured out who started or spread the rumor about a pregnancy. We heard wron that it was Prince Felix but Did Louis or Tessy let it slip to the press? Somebody told someone about it -
and not just this past week! Her family has not come forward to support their daughter.
Wittykitty:confused:

They released a statement. It isn't a rumor.

My Opinion

:) Well said Alexandria. I am not going anywhere. I, myself yall enjoy reading everybody's opinions and comments about the entire Luxembourg royal family, even reading my own. But, we must all realize like someone already said that the children of Grand Duke Henri and Maria are growing up and we must all realize that they are human beings just like us everyday and year around. This is the reality of human behavior, and in this case this is what Louis choose for himself.:rolleyes:

Soon we might see Guillaume down the line getting married and having children before we all can say" I didn't see this coming so soon." I am still in shock about Louis being a father soon but I myself realize he is becoming of age now and he might already have plans about this whole situation, so let's not all get uptight about it:D .

:D SO LET'S KEEP THE OPINIONS COMING YALL:D !!!!!!!!!!!!
la francaise

I meant somebody started on the story a Luxembourg prince got a girl pregnant. It has a source, did somebody see Tessy buy a pregnancy kit at a drugstore or go to a ob/gyn office? Somebody knew she was dating a Lux pprince but not sure witch brother so maybe assumed it was Felix but it was Louis.
Wittykitty:cool:

suturegeisha said:
As far as I can tell, I think they're pretty, er, upset.
I've been doing a bit of investigating as to the whole situation. Didn't somebody say that Tessy Anthony [or Hansen, or Hansen-Anthony, I've seen it all three ways] was a nurse in the army? I think she's also a photographer- there are a lot of photos credited to her that I've found, especially for the newspapers.
I also found an article in the Belgian paper Het Nieuwsblad, but my Dutch is atrocious so I had to translate it via Altavista. Here's a quick rundown of the points of the article [if I posted the actual text you'd all laugh, it looks like Engrish]:
-A newspaper reporter from Tageblatt said that there have been rumours going around about Louis for a few weeks- he has gotten his driver's license six weeks ago and they were waiting to hear about his first speeding ticket, but got hit with the news that his girlfriend was pregnant instead!
-Radio Luxembourg played the Vaya Con Dios song "Don't Cry For Louie" nearly all day on the day this was announced. [Is this for real? Someone from Luxembourg?]
-Apparently, the younger population of Luxembourg really doesn't care about it, but the elderly are "furious". It goes on to say that "they wonder why she has not been sent to Switzerland in shame." [I'm paraphrasing that]
-Tessy has been honorably discharged from the Luxembourg army for a few months now.
-There are specualtions as to how the pair met- some say it happened in Kosovo, when Louis went to visit the troops there on an official appearance, and others say it happened in Switzerland, where Louis was concluding military school [I didn't know that].
-Louis and Tessy are apparently now staying in London for a little while, where the Royal Family has an apartment.
-Tessy is from a village in the south of the country called Niedercorn.
-"It is the intention that they will not live together in Luxembourg, but under the same roof as the Royal Family." So, I guess this means she's moving into Colmar-Berg with them? :confused:
-The reporter states that Luxembourg's papers have never really covered the romantic antics of the family before, because the palace would never confirm anything. This is a big deal to them, and even so, "we didn't make it the head item of the newspaper." [I'm guessing he means headline]

And at the top of this article, it claims that "all of this happened in super-Catholic Luxembourg!" [Like, OMGWTFBBQ!]

So, that's pretty interesting stuff. I'm still looking for other articles- they're hard to find.
Tessy Antony is a nurse at the army it's Tessy Hansen who is a photographer in Luxembourg I think they just put the wrong name by error!
as for the song on the radio I don't know anything about it I wasn't at home on the day it was announced.
It's true that the younger population doesn't care about at worst they would do some jokes about it but nothing more. I haven't spoken to elderly ppl yet but I guess they must be quite shocked about it since they are pretty conservative...
I can't answer to the other questions, all I can do is confirm that the village Niedercorn in the south of the country really exists.

Lady Marmalade said:
So, that makes it acceptable...because you are royal with money and servants, let someone else raise your child while you continue to grow up?

Oh yeah, that sends a great message to your country's people.

I have a cousin, 29, makes $15.00 an hour working at Jewel (a grocery store in Chicago). She got pregnant while on vacation in Puerto Rico three years ago. She barely has an education or enough to live on, but she was smart enough to realize the consequences of her actions.

She does not have a trust fund or castles or servants.

She refused all financial help saying her daughter was her responsibility to raise and take care and no one else's.

And you know what? Her daughter is an intelligent, well-behaved, smart, beautiful little girl who is well fed and immaculately clean.

Letting him off the hook to continue "growing up" and before he needs to become a full fledged adult is not the answer by letting his parents or the servants raise the baby till he or Tessy, or both of them together, are ready to be proper parents.

My God...I never realized our morals and values have sunk that low in this world where all this is perfectly acceptable...and cheered at..

Sometimes tough love with a child would go a long way. If Charles had been that way with Harry, instead of ignoring his grief and being around during the all important teenage growing years, maybe he would have turned out better.

I think you are too nervous :) and you should read well the posts before reply. I'm very glad for your cousin and even more happy for your cousin's baby, but that doesn't change my opinion. I think that having family support, friends or nannies helping us when we have children is just great!
You talk like if you knew Louis. How do you know he and Tessy won't take care of their child? Let's wait and see. I'm an optimist person and I believe in their capacity to being parents and treat well this new baby!! I'm 100% sure of it!!

Last edited:
Well said Regina:)

To Lady Marmalade,
I see all the points in which you are trying to make and I agree. But at the same time you personally can not put your views on other people. Meaning just because other people agree to having nannies take care of their kids doesn't mean that the biological parents themselves are not going to step up and be the parents in rasing their kids. In which this case is to Louis and his girlfriend. I believe they are going to take care of their offspring and their parents are gonna make sure of it:D .

One would hope he and Tessy will be hands on parents.

There is too much in this world of shoving the responsibility onto parents due to the fact their children were not smart enough, or in rarer cases, the protection backfired, to have mom and dad, or other relatives, or, if you are rich enough, a nanny take care of your child.

I do not try to impress my beliefs onto others.

I live realistically, and not with stars of infatuation in my eyes over a prince.

I do not think he is to be patted on the back for what he and Tessy have done.

I will save my applause for the two of them if and when they step up to the plate and take full responsibility as parents when their baby is born equally.

If you make the crime, then you do the time....so to speak.

Maybe if others would take responsibility for their actions rather then expect others to bail them out all the time, we would live in a better world.

Thank you for your kind words in regard to my cousin. She truly is a shining example of how a parent should be.

I think it is ridiculous in this day and age of modern birth control that someone as well-educated as Grand Duke Louis and Tessy would be so foolish. Part of being royal is to have a sense of duty and responsibility to provide a role model for others. This is selfish and self-indulgent behavior at its worst.

I can only imagine how Henri and Maria-Teresa feel. While we live in a modern society, it is still a great disgrace in the world of royalty to have such a thing occur. Hopefully, Louis will learn his lesson and grow into being a responsible adult.

:) Lady Marmalade,

I don't recall reading anything that stated Louis would not step up and be a hands on parent. You sound so sure that he already choose to be a bad parent from the beginning, without even any confirmation from the royal house of Luxembourg that Louis decided to not be involved in his child's life. Unless you know something we don't know, please do tell us to better understand if you do know.:D I personally don't know what is being said or done behind closed doors of the royal family and what they plan on doing in the future. So, what I'm trying to get you to see is that we don't know what is going on behind closed doors and we can not make any assumptions (according to you )= that he will not take his responsibility on raising his child.:rolleyes:
You are welcome!!!!

Last edited:
Well, branchg maybe they wanted to have a baby, we will never know unless one of us asked him:) .

la francaise said:
Well, branchg maybe they wanted to have a baby, we will never know unless one of us asked him:) .

Yes, of course, this is very possible. But Louis certainly should have known better as a royal with responsibilities to put his duty first. There is plenty of time to get married and have a baby. Why now?

Are there any pictures of Tessy and Louis together? Or any recent pictures of her?

What a difficult situation. Being the stepmother to an 18 year old son, I pray each and every day, I and his father do not have to face this particular event. 19 is not what it used to be 20 years ago. 19 these days is still very young. Although I do agree that with all the technology these days, a young man & woman should have the common sense to use what is available to them, I also realize that being Catholic means not believing in the use of birth control. I can only hope that they take responsibility for their actions. Also, being born into a royal family does not mean that you have it easy or that you should have it easy (ie, nannies & child care). I have always been of the belief "you made your bed, now you have to lie in it"..... Good luck to them.

I follow the Lux family but rarely post, but I am interested to know what everyone thinks about this now that it has come up:
I myself am a Catholic and I find it interesting (and frankly appalling) that certain Catholics say, "Yes, she got pregnant but that's because we're Catholic and don't believe in birth control." BUT IT IS AGAINST CATHOLIC TEACHING TO HAVE PRE-MARITAL SEX IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! Why obey one rule very strictly while completely disregarding the first rule (which would really just make the other point irrelevant)?!

I totally agree the best birth control is abstinence. But if you can't refrain from sex then there is an alternative. Being Catholic (or any religion for that matter) is no excuse, that is for sure.
SpiffyBallerina said:
I follow the Lux family but rarely post, but I am interested to know what everyone thinks about this now that it has come up:
I myself am a Catholic and I find it interesting (and frankly appalling) that certain Catholics say, "Yes, she got pregnant but that's because we're Catholic and don't believe in birth control." BUT IT IS AGAINST CATHOLIC TEACHING TO HAVE PRE-MARITAL SEX IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! Why obey one rule very strictly while completely disregarding the first rule (which would really just make the other point irrelevant)?!

I don't know too many modern Catholics (and I was born and raised Catholic myself) who DON'T use birth control. So to argue Louis and his girlfriend should be two virginal Catholics in the 21st Century is probably ridiculous.

Well Louis eventually didn't want to follow the value rule:
NO SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE.
And since he did maybe that's because he doesn't plan on following any catholic rules that are being taught in his household from the beginning.:(

And on this birth control thing, many people use birth control for many reasons besides engaging into any sexual behavior.:eek: Even though birth control is really used for sexual behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom