The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 10:36 AM
Nobility

WOW!
I was shocked at first!
But Congratulations to the parents-to-be!!
Julia

"Looking back on her short life I often wonder why we did not see that she was quite too good for this world, her fit companions were the Angels." ~Margaretta Eager about Princess Elisabeth of Hesse (1895-1903)
Old 09-23-2005, 10:38 AM
Serene Highness

Congratulations to the young couple :)

Old 09-23-2005, 10:38 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
I think that it takes a lot of maturity for a 19-year-old and a 20-year-old to stand up for their actions in such a manner. There are "easier" ways out of the situation, that many others their age might have taken if they had found themselves in the same situation. Accepting and acknowledging their actions by keeping the results, says to me that they are adults who are aware that sometimes actions have serious consequences, and are willing to face that.

I've been told that raising a child is never easy, and I don't think that is something that is different whether you are 20 or 30 when you get them. These two have the support of their families, and each other.

I suppose all that is left is wishing them the best of luck.
I don't think it's "they." I'm guessing she saw a way to ensure herself a steady income for the next 18 years or so.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:45 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy80
I don't think it's "they." I'm guessing she saw a way to ensure herself a steady income for the next 18 years or so.
And you know this how? Do you know her? Her family? Their circumstances?

Old 09-23-2005, 10:54 AM
Nobility

In this situation, marriage is a good option but not the best solution in this time of their young lives,anyways just cheers and best wishes for the upcoming royal baby.. :)

Old 09-23-2005, 10:57 AM
Nobility

The Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte was cremated.

Let's not condemn this situation. Children being born outside of marriage happens too much. Some couples who get married young make it and others not. The main things are a couple does what is best for the baby and what is best for them.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:02 AM
Courtier

From Hello magazine

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...3/princelouis/
Old 09-23-2005, 01:08 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy80
This is a very bad thing to say, you shouldn't judge her like that :( . He knews what he was doing, right? You will sorry me but I think people who make this kind of commentaries are a little jealous of her.
We don't know this girl, so we should only be happy for them!
Old 09-23-2005, 02:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
This is a very bad thing to say, you shouldn't judge her like that :( . He knews what he was doing, right? You will sorry me but I think people who make this kind of commentaries are a little jealous of her.
We don't know this girl, so we should only be happy for them!
Correct!:)

By the way you could say that for every commoner marrying a royal but in my eyes these statements are most of the time unfair because they love eachother and it isn't all about money or celebrity.

I wouldn't like to change with her because she will be in the spotlight of the medias and she will enter a completly new world of gloss and glamour.

For Prince Louis it will be a big changing too; up to now Guillaume (Hereditary grand Duke), Felix (representing the Grand Ducal house in sport events... and he is handsome ) and Alexandra (only girl of the five children) were in the main interest for the medias (if you loke this forum you will remark that there weren't many news or pictures from Louis in the past), but in the future he will move into the spotlight; how can he handle this new situation?

I asked myself how 23 year old Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume is feeling about 4 year younger Louis becoming a father. Strange situation!
Old 09-23-2005, 02:37 PM
Courtier

im very happy 4 them but ive got 2 say he is quite young and it isn not the right message 2 send out 2 kids..i mean i expect many luxemburgian kids look up to their royal family
Old 09-23-2005, 02:59 PM

Wow. He's the same age as me, it's just weird to think he's going to be a father. If they aren't getting married yet I'm sure her intention wasn't to "trap" him because to trap someone you also have to marry them. And I'm sure if they marry and then later divorce she won't get too much money because she won't get custody of the child like how Princess Diana didn't.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_windsor
im very happy 4 them but ive got 2 say he is quite young and it isn not the right message 2 send out 2 kids..i mean i expect many luxemburgian kids look up to their royal family
Personally I think, that if one is going to read some sort of deeper meaning behind it all and Prince Louis is expected to be someone that the other teens look up to, that it is the exact right message to send to kids/teens - it tells them that certain actions may have consequences, and should therefore not be done if you're not ready to deal with them. It's a wake-up call, to put it like that. And it shows that it may happen to anyone, regardless of status.

Not that I think that teens try to emulate what the royal family does... A recent survey in Norway showed that teens were the ones who cared the least about what the royal family did - they usually have other role-models they prefer. Granted the Norwegian royal family is a bit settled these days, and don't have hot marriagable sons... but it's a good indicator.

It's also, in my opinion, wise that they don't rush into marriage. Certainly, it is ideal for a child to grow up with two parents who are in a relationship, but that relationship has to be in a way that is beneficial to both parents and child. It doesn't help if either party feels forced into it. A nasty divorce might be far worse for the child to go through than having two parents who might not be married, but are on friendly terms.

And who knows what will happen in the future?
Old 09-23-2005, 04:15 PM
Royal Highness

I agree with you, Anne, it's wiser they don't rush into marriage. Who knows? Maybe in a few years, they will issue a statement saying they have decided to marry, and that will be a decision taken very quitely.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know Anne, if they break up it may not be on the best terms. Many times people break up and the partners try to turn the child away from the other. When a child is involved it gets more complicated. I hope they both really love each because they are going to be connected the rest of their lives. They may not rush to marriage, but married or not they will always be one. They are connected by flesh and blood.

Old 09-23-2005, 05:02 PM
Royal Highness

Obviously either the TGDHs forgot to teach their son about birth control, or they.. OOPS!!...forgot about it in the heat of it.

Oh to be a fly on the wall when he told his parents and grandfather.....

Let's face facts, he comes from one of the wealthiest royal families, that child will want for nothing...

I am not going to dignify it with a congratulations...who knows if she trapped him, or they both really wanted a child together, or they were planning on marrying anyway somewhere down the road.

I certainly hope othe Luxembourg teens do no try and emulate him in anyway, 19 is way to young and immature..

But that is just how I feel.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:26 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by drimal

By the way you could say that for every commoner marrying a royal but in my eyes these statements are most of the time unfair because they love eachother and it isn't all about money or celebrity.
Very well said! If we jugde this girl and say she tryed to catch him then we have to jugde Mette-Marit, or Letizia, etc, just because they were not rich before they married.
IMo, beside the parents, one of the most happy persons with this is Maria Teresa! I really think she must be delighted to have a new baby in family. :)
Old 09-23-2005, 06:01 PM
Courtier

Another new little royal baby on the way! I hope the three of them are all safe and healthy, which is what is always the most important thing.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
Very well said! If we jugde this girl and say she tryed to catch him then we have to jugde Mette-Marit, or Letizia, etc, just because they were not rich before they married.
IMo, beside the parents, one of the most happy persons with this is Maria Teresa! I really think she must be delighted to have a new baby in family. :)
I wouldn't be so affirmative. Of course, most of the times, a new baby is more than welcome. But there must have been a real shock for the Grand-Dukes and Grand-Duke Jean. How much I would have liked to be a fly on the wall when Louis spoke of it to his parents.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:06 PM
Royal Highness

I'm very surprised by the news.On one hand it is sad and yet quite silly for two young people to impose parent-hood on themselves at such a young age. On the other hand the couple (and their families) should be commended for owning up to the responsibility of their actions, and not insisting on an abortion or keeping the baby a "family secret".

I wish the couple all the best of luck.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
I'm very surprised by the news.On one hand it is sad and yet quite silly for two young people to impose parent-hood on themselves at such a young age. On the other hand the couple (and their families) should be commended for owning up to the responsibility of their actions, and not insisting on an abortion or keeping the baby a "family secret".

I wish the couple all the best of luck.
Well said, Alisa! *applause*