The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 05:06 PM

Re:

The Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte must be spinning her grave let alone turning.
Of course, they won't have to be hands on parents - I assume they'll use nannies being so young....what message does it send to the youth of Luxembourg?
Still, all children are a blessing and it's not his/her fault even if the conception was accidental. I do hope they'll marry so the child will be legitimate.
What title will the baby get?

Old 09-22-2005, 05:30 PM
Courtier

im still in shock... although relieved its not felix

Old 09-22-2005, 05:45 PM
Nobility

yes! remember that people were saying that Felix was going to be a father and was going to get married (thank god! I still have a chance! hehehe), it was Louis! I wish the best for the parents!!! But, I still thing that they´re too young to have children.....but......what is done it´s done!
Old 09-22-2005, 06:39 PM
Serene Highness

Wow. I'm really shocked. Nonetheless, congrats to them...I hope that things work out for the best. (I thought this was a joke for a second when I read this...it's definitely not.) I wonder how the Luxembourgian royal family has taken this...
Old 09-22-2005, 06:53 PM
Nobility

I've read all these posts and yes- I agree this is surprising. I also agree that it's commendable that these two are being open and honest about the situation.

I can't help think that European families have come a long way in the past 100 years. It's not so long ago that such "undesireable" pregnancies were kept hidden, with the women set up in private living accomodations and the children never formally recognised.

There has been a lot of talk on this board about Prince Albert's illegitimate son... it seems like the Luxembourg royals, through this public announcement, are deliberately setting a different experience for this baby.

I think it's a good thing for all involved, but especially for this innocent little new person.

Eliza
Old 09-22-2005, 07:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by azile1710
I've read all these posts and yes- I agree this is surprising. I also agree that it's commendable that these two are being open and honest about the situation.

I can't help think that European families have come a long way in the past 100 years. It's not so long ago that such "undesireable" pregnancies were kept hidden, with the women set up in private living accomodations and the children never formally recognised....
I completely agree. It could wind up being better having the baby and pregnancy known about rather than it coming up later. (Maybe not, I can't say I know...just my opinion..)
Old 09-22-2005, 07:57 PM
Aristocracy

I had heard some time ago that louis was dating a nurse who was working in the army so that must be her then! although the article said that she was a soldier! she must be a very strong girl since she went to kosovo! in some way I admire her for that.
and honestly would you prefer them having the child and always keeping the secret rather than making it public?
Old 09-22-2005, 08:21 PM
Royal Highness

Very surprising news! I think that Louis seems to be very responsible; I wish them both the best.

I really do not think that it's fair to make assumptions or to spread gossip such as, "she got pregnant to hold onto him" or "she got pregnant to give birth to a prince." No one here knows what goes on behind closed doors nor do they know the dynamics of their relationship.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Courtier

will the she have any official role in the near future being the mother of the grandchild of the grand duke and duchess? clearly she won't have a title yet since she's not married to louis...how about the grandchild of the grand duke, will he/she bear a title even if he/she is born out of wedlock?

also....does anyone have any information about this girl's background? no idea where she came from etcetc....
Old 09-22-2005, 09:49 PM
Heir Apparent

omgomgomgomgomg i just read about this in an e-mail here at uni and what a BIG surprise!! Whoa we didn't even know Louis had a girlfriend in the first place...i kind of feel sorry for him because there goes part of his youth...having a baby is a beautiful thing but he's sooooooo young and now he has all these responsibilities and he has sooooo much more to experience before settling down and starting a family and all...but nonethelss congratulations Louis ^___^
Old 09-22-2005, 10:18 PM
Aristocracy

i think they are being very adult about things. GOOD FOR THEM. they did not wimp out by aborting the pregnancy nor did they run away. they faced up to what is going on and i believe this will be a life changing thing, but i think they are ready. no one is really ever ready but their families will help them become somewhat ready. yes it is shocking but they are being more mature about it than many people worldwide.

CONGRATS TO THE BOTH OF THEM AND MAY THEY HAVE A HEALTHY, BEAUTIFUL CHILD.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:18 AM
Nobility

Personally, I think it's great that they're being open about it. I would hate for this to turn into another Prince Albert type of situation. Also, I think that by acknowledging the pregnancy up-front it could keep things from getting too scandalous. What's done is done, they've obviously already decided how they're going to handle it, so there's no use is trying to hide it. And, finally, congrats to the parents-to-be!!
Old 09-23-2005, 01:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree about it better that they’re letting the public know that Louis will become a father now, instead of trying to hide it. Can you imagine the scandal (not to mention the headlines!) if the news came out say five years from now? It wouldn’t make the Family look too good.

I still don’t know a great deal about Tessy, but Louis seems to be a private person, so it’s no surprise that there isn’t too much on her, and/or their relationship.

Old 09-23-2005, 03:45 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamass
i think they are being very adult about things. GOOD FOR THEM. they did not wimp out by aborting the pregnancy nor did they run away. they faced up to what is going on and i believe this will be a life changing thing, but i think they are ready. no one is really ever ready but their families will help them become somewhat ready. yes it is shocking but they are being more mature about it than many people worldwide.

CONGRATS TO THE BOTH OF THEM AND MAY THEY HAVE A HEALTHY, BEAUTIFUL CHILD.
I couldn't say better.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:40 AM
Heir Apparent

i was really surprised at first but hey... congratulations. many other royals would have kept the child "in secret" and not have the courage to accept they had a child so young. i think it's the best thing that they accepted that and said what their plans were in a serious way, accepting they don't want to marry soon.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-23-2005, 05:43 AM
Courtier

well, congrats to louis and everyone involved. i hope everything goes well for them and, especially, the baby. i think it's a good thing to go public even before the child is born. i think j-c is turning over in her grave, and as for gd jean, it would be interesting to know what he thought. as for mt and henri being grandparents, i think if they take an active interest in the child, they'll be some of the most energetic and interesting grandparents to have. in the interest of the child, i hope they do marry b/c i've seen what can happen to both the parents and the children born out of wedlock and it usually isn't pretty.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:18 AM
Courtier

Why on earth should this happen? Whatever it is, the thing has happenned and I wish them all the best. Guillaume and Felix have become uncles by now.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:33 AM
Aristocracy

Oh wow...this is shocking after breakfast news. I agree with all of you, that it's good they are going public with this and not trying to hide it - that would only cause problems in the end. And I think it's great that they aren't being rushed into marriage either. They both seem responsible and mature too. I wish them both success and congratulations!
Old 09-23-2005, 09:41 AM
Aristocracy

Does anyone know how long they have been a couple?

Old 09-23-2005, 10:35 AM
Courtier

In the statement it was said that they have been a couple for about one year...