Prince Louis Will Become A Father!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!
I was shocked at first!
But Congratulations to the parents-to-be!!
Julia

Congratulations to the young couple :)

norwegianne said:
I think that it takes a lot of maturity for a 19-year-old and a 20-year-old to stand up for their actions in such a manner. There are "easier" ways out of the situation, that many others their age might have taken if they had found themselves in the same situation. Accepting and acknowledging their actions by keeping the results, says to me that they are adults who are aware that sometimes actions have serious consequences, and are willing to face that.

I've been told that raising a child is never easy, and I don't think that is something that is different whether you are 20 or 30 when you get them. These two have the support of their families, and each other.

I suppose all that is left is wishing them the best of luck.
I don't think it's "they." I'm guessing she saw a way to ensure herself a steady income for the next 18 years or so.

Lindy80 said:
I don't think it's "they." I'm guessing she saw a way to ensure herself a steady income for the next 18 years or so.

And you know this how? Do you know her? Her family? Their circumstances?

:mad:

In this situation, marriage is a good option but not the best solution in this time of their young lives,anyways just cheers and best wishes for the upcoming royal baby.. :)

The Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte was cremated.

Let's not condemn this situation. Children being born outside of marriage happens too much. Some couples who get married young make it and others not. The main things are a couple does what is best for the baby and what is best for them.

Lindy80 said:

This is a very bad thing to say, you shouldn't judge her like that :( . He knews what he was doing, right? You will sorry me but I think people who make this kind of commentaries are a little jealous of her.
We don't know this girl, so we should only be happy for them!

Regina said:
This is a very bad thing to say, you shouldn't judge her like that :( . He knews what he was doing, right? You will sorry me but I think people who make this kind of commentaries are a little jealous of her.
We don't know this girl, so we should only be happy for them!

Correct!:)

By the way you could say that for every commoner marrying a royal but in my eyes these statements are most of the time unfair because they love eachother and it isn't all about money or celebrity.;)

I wouldn't like to change with her because she will be in the spotlight of the medias and she will enter a completly new world of gloss and glamour.;)

For Prince Louis it will be a big changing too; up to now Guillaume (Hereditary grand Duke), Felix (representing the Grand Ducal house in sport events... and he is handsome:D ) and Alexandra (only girl of the five children) were in the main interest for the medias (if you loke this forum you will remark that there weren't many news or pictures from Louis in the past), but in the future he will move into the spotlight; how can he handle this new situation?

I asked myself how 23 year old Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume is feeling about 4 year younger Louis becoming a father. Strange situation!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
im very happy 4 them but ive got 2 say he is quite young and it isn not the right message 2 send out 2 kids..i mean i expect many luxemburgian kids look up to their royal family

Wow. He's the same age as me, it's just weird to think he's going to be a father. If they aren't getting married yet I'm sure her intention wasn't to "trap" him because to trap someone you also have to marry them. And I'm sure if they marry and then later divorce she won't get too much money because she won't get custody of the child like how Princess Diana didn't.

Last edited:
lady_windsor said:
im very happy 4 them but ive got 2 say he is quite young and it isn not the right message 2 send out 2 kids..i mean i expect many luxemburgian kids look up to their royal family

Personally I think, that if one is going to read some sort of deeper meaning behind it all and Prince Louis is expected to be someone that the other teens look up to, that it is the exact right message to send to kids/teens - it tells them that certain actions may have consequences, and should therefore not be done if you're not ready to deal with them. It's a wake-up call, to put it like that. And it shows that it may happen to anyone, regardless of status.

Not that I think that teens try to emulate what the royal family does... A recent survey in Norway showed that teens were the ones who cared the least about what the royal family did - they usually have other role-models they prefer. Granted the Norwegian royal family is a bit settled these days, and don't have hot marriagable sons... but it's a good indicator.

It's also, in my opinion, wise that they don't rush into marriage. Certainly, it is ideal for a child to grow up with two parents who are in a relationship, but that relationship has to be in a way that is beneficial to both parents and child. It doesn't help if either party feels forced into it. A nasty divorce might be far worse for the child to go through than having two parents who might not be married, but are on friendly terms.

And who knows what will happen in the future?

I agree with you, Anne, it's wiser they don't rush into marriage. Who knows? Maybe in a few years, they will issue a statement saying they have decided to marry, and that will be a decision taken very quitely.

I don't know Anne, if they break up it may not be on the best terms. Many times people break up and the partners try to turn the child away from the other. When a child is involved it gets more complicated. I hope they both really love each because they are going to be connected the rest of their lives. They may not rush to marriage, but married or not they will always be one. They are connected by flesh and blood.

Obviously either the TGDHs forgot to teach their son about birth control, or they.. OOPS!!...forgot about it in the heat of it.

Oh to be a fly on the wall when he told his parents and grandfather.....

Let's face facts, he comes from one of the wealthiest royal families, that child will want for nothing...

I am not going to dignify it with a congratulations...who knows if she trapped him, or they both really wanted a child together, or they were planning on marrying anyway somewhere down the road.

I certainly hope othe Luxembourg teens do no try and emulate him in anyway, 19 is way to young and immature..

But that is just how I feel.

drimal said:
By the way you could say that for every commoner marrying a royal but in my eyes these statements are most of the time unfair because they love eachother and it isn't all about money or celebrity.;)

Very well said! If we jugde this girl and say she tryed to catch him then we have to jugde Mette-Marit, or Letizia, etc, just because they were not rich before they married.
IMo, beside the parents, one of the most happy persons with this is Maria Teresa! I really think she must be delighted to have a new baby in family. :)

Another new little royal baby on the way!:D I hope the three of them are all safe and healthy, which is what is always the most important thing.

Regina said:
Very well said! If we jugde this girl and say she tryed to catch him then we have to jugde Mette-Marit, or Letizia, etc, just because they were not rich before they married.
IMo, beside the parents, one of the most happy persons with this is Maria Teresa! I really think she must be delighted to have a new baby in family. :)

I wouldn't be so affirmative. Of course, most of the times, a new baby is more than welcome. But there must have been a real shock for the Grand-Dukes and Grand-Duke Jean. How much I would have liked to be a fly on the wall when Louis spoke of it to his parents.

I'm very surprised by the news.On one hand it is sad and yet quite silly for two young people to impose parent-hood on themselves at such a young age. On the other hand the couple (and their families) should be commended for owning up to the responsibility of their actions, and not insisting on an abortion or keeping the baby a "family secret".

I wish the couple all the best of luck.

Alisa said:
I'm very surprised by the news.On one hand it is sad and yet quite silly for two young people to impose parent-hood on themselves at such a young age. On the other hand the couple (and their families) should be commended for owning up to the responsibility of their actions, and not insisting on an abortion or keeping the baby a "family secret".

I wish the couple all the best of luck.

Well said, Alisa! *applause*

norwegianne said:
Personally I think, that if one is going to read some sort of deeper meaning behind it all and Prince Louis is expected to be someone that the other teens look up to, that it is the exact right message to send to kids/teens - it tells them that certain actions may have consequences, and should therefore not be done if you're not ready to deal with them. It's a wake-up call, to put it like that. And it shows that it may happen to anyone, regardless of status.

Not that I think that teens try to emulate what the royal family does... A recent survey in Norway showed that teens were the ones who cared the least about what the royal family did - they usually have other role-models they prefer. Granted the Norwegian royal family is a bit settled these days, and don't have hot marriagable sons... but it's a good indicator.

It's also, in my opinion, wise that they don't rush into marriage. Certainly, it is ideal for a child to grow up with two parents who are in a relationship, but that relationship has to be in a way that is beneficial to both parents and child. It doesn't help if either party feels forced into it. A nasty divorce might be far worse for the child to go through than having two parents who might not be married, but are on friendly terms.

And who knows what will happen in the future?

I agree, Anne. I know their situation isn't ideal, but it could have been handled a lot worse. Louis could have left his girlfriend when he found out, or the family could have hid it for a long time.

I am glad that they are taking responsibility for their actions and I am glad that the grand ducal family has been open about this. No matter what type of situation that paved the way for this, the two have to be parents and be the best they can. It seems as if the mother is independent and had plans of her own, so I kind of don't think she was conniving. But who knows. I hope these two do marry. And I hope the child will have a title. I am so shocked, but this type of thing is normal in the U.S. (unfortunately!!!). I hope the Grnad Duke and his wife are ok.

it is very common in the united states. i graduated with 6 girls pregnant or have already had a child. my graduating class was that of 60 so 1/10 of my class was or had been pregnant. no one was bothered by this statistic either. very sad thing

I think that unless anyone here knows them personally, we won't know what both of their thoughts on the baby are, so it might be bad to speculate.

Yeah it is sad. It is like everytime you turn around some young lady is a single mother or some young man has gotten someone pregnant. I always think in my head, does this have to be this way? Doesn't one have a better vision for the future???

lamass said:
it is very common in the united states. i graduated with 6 girls pregnant or have already had a child. my graduating class was that of 60 so 1/10 of my class was or had been pregnant. no one was bothered by this statistic either. very sad thing

lamass said:

It's amazing how different things can be from one place to another. I too live in the US, and the area I grew up in teenage pregnancy was almost a non-entity. There was one girl 3 years ahead of me who had a baby shortly after she graduated...but in the other years before me, my year and the years since there haven't been any that I know of...

drimal said:
Correct!:)

I wouldn't like to change with her because she will be in the spotlight of the medias and she will enter a completly new world of gloss and glamour.;)

For Prince Louis it will be a big changing too; up to now Guillaume (Hereditary grand Duke), Felix (representing the Grand Ducal house in sport events... and he is handsome:D ) and Alexandra (only girl of the five children) were in the main interest for the medias (if you loke this forum you will remark that there weren't many news or pictures from Louis in the past), but in the future he will move into the spotlight; how can he handle this new situation?

I asked myself how 23 year old Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume is feeling about 4 year younger Louis becoming a father. Strange situation!:rolleyes:

i can imagine, from the point of view of an eldest child, guillaume is feeling more on the grounds of one really big "what the...?" imo, we have a right/obligation to reproduce before any of our younger siblings. it's a slap in the face if we don't. however, things like this do happen, and eventhough things will always be awkward for them all from now on, i think they'll all accept it and move on, with very little future resentment in the future. as for louis and his g/f comming into the spotlight more, i don't think that'll be the case, but who knows. louis has lived a private life up until now, and i think he, his g/f, and the baby will continue to do so, unless something else happens or comes up. like i said before, i wish them all the best.

Has Guillaume a girlfriend?I´m sure if he has one then he will now be very serious that she won´t be pregnant.

I was extremely shocked at the news that Louis is about to become a father, especially when the rumours were aimed at Felix! And to tell you the truth, I am extremely disappointed in him. You see, I had a friend in a similar situation and because it wasn't a western culture we were brought up in, it was very difficult for them. While my friend didn't necessarily give up some of the benefits of a carefree young life, it had to accommodate more around their kid. In addition to that, a lot of sacrifices were made.

I think someone said that Louis's parents would not be thrilled and I'm sure they aren't not only because they are part of a royal family, but because they know that Louis is too young to be in the situation he finds himself in. They know that he shouldn't have to sacrifice the years were he is supposed to start looking after himself by looking after someone else. Having said that, I think they know that they only thing they can do is to be there for him. Life is so much easier when you know you can count on your family.

Also, this announcement was made perhaps after the lady's first trimester, much like in the tradition of announcing royal pregnancies.

Interestingly, I'm sure we enjoyed all the photos that they family has released within the year (eg, when they were all in black tie, another when they were wearing white tops and jeans) and it's kind of hard to think that Louis will have to start his own set of family pictures!

I wish Louis and his girlfriend the best of luck.

liv said:
Has Guillaume a girlfriend?I´m sure if he has one then he will now be very serious that she won´t be pregnant.
What happened to Louis will serve as an eye opener for Guillaume..He's the heir and he has to be more careful of his actions..Indeed, he's human but reality cant hide the fact that he is born royal..People looked up to him and his family..Everything he does, people watch and say something..In every action comes responsibility..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom