The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 04:31 PM
Gentry

Speaking of being named after a family member, is it considered poor taste to give a child born out of wedlock a royal name? I mean, could Louis' child be called Henri or Guillaume or Theresa or Charlotte, or would that be frowned upon? or would it not matter at all? Also do they get the four to seven names like most royal children, or just one or two?

Old 02-27-2006, 05:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know. I guess it would be sort of inappropriate, but it is 2006 so they should be a little leanient.

Old 02-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Commoner

Does anyone now whe Tessy is due? Beginning of march or end of march?
Old 02-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Serene Highness

I think they only get two names or so. They probably wouldn't carry a royal name just because those are most of the time reserved for heirs.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:23 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissluxi
Does anyone now whe Tessy is due? Beginning of march or end of march?
I think the duedate is March 22nd, give or take a few days.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

So we finally have an official date?
Old 02-28-2006, 06:58 PM
Serene Highness

I think we do although this can vary.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

The unoffical countdown: 21 days!
Old 03-01-2006, 08:31 PM
Nobility

21 days... I can't imagine how the family must feel about that! (Well, I sort of know. I'm an aunt so I've been through it too) I mean the baby is so close to being born. I wonder if MT has bought any baby clothes for the new addition to the family or something like that.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm sure she has. Baby clothes are the sutest kind!
Old 03-02-2006, 06:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by msfroyste
the reason why we haven't heard if they've split or not, is because they want to keep this in the dark as much as possible, as, ugly as it sounds, they wish to keep as much of their pristine image alive, even though it's already been tarnished. if louis and tessy have split, more than likely, we won't hear anything about it, until after the baby is born- official or otherwise. but who knows, perhaps someone close to the court could fill us in, or someone from some other country could do the same.
These kids are not ready to have kids themselves. A child is a lifelong commitment and not an toy. Somehow I imagine the Grand Dukes will end up raising the baby while the continue to raise the two kids that are the baby's young parents.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:32 PM
Nobility

I think the Grand Dukes will help out every once in a while seeing as how Louis and Tessy are so young but I don't think they'll end up taking over. But I can see them needing a lot of help with raising their child.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Gentry

By moving to switzerland they will definately recieve less help from the grand dukes and tessy's parents becasue although they can travell whenever they want to it's not the same to live in luxembourg city (where both of them have their families to help them with the child) than to by themselves...

by the way.. is the baby borned in switzerland or are they moving after the birth? .. as far as I know no member of a royal family can be borned in a foreign country.. but this one hasn't got any title so.. who knowss?
Old 03-03-2006, 12:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiress Victoria
By moving to switzerland they will definately recieve less help from the grand dukes and tessy's parents becasue although they can travell whenever they want to it's not the same to live in luxembourg city (where both of them have their families to help them with the child) than to by themselves...

by the way.. is the baby borned in switzerland or are they moving after the birth? .. as far as I know no member of a royal family can be borned in a foreign country.. but this one hasn't got any title so.. who knowss?
No one knows...I wish we did, but we don't. I personally have not heard a peep about the baby since the official announcement in September. :)
Old 03-03-2006, 12:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
These kids are not ready to have kids themselves.
AMEN! Sing it, sister [or brother]!!!! :)
Those are my feelings exactly. I'm happy enough for them but I have a bad feeling in my bones about this baby. I don't believe for a minute that Tessy and Louis are at all prepared for such a huge undertaking.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:25 AM
Commoner

I am pretty much sure that the baby will be born here in Luxembourg, all the cildren of the grand duke and the grand duchess have been born in the same hospital (maternité grande duchesse charlotte) and there was (as far as I know) always the same doctor who helped (Dr.Borsi) and there fore I think that Louis and Tessys baby will also be born in this hospital.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by suturegeisha
AMEN! Sing it, sister [or brother]!!!! :)
Those are my feelings exactly. I'm happy enough for them but I have a bad feeling in my bones about this baby. I don't believe for a minute that Tessy and Louis are at all prepared for such a huge undertaking.
Brother!
And. like the Grand Duchess of Luxemburgo, of spanish origins. And it does not matter what spanish/latin/latin american country she is from, spanish/latin women are extremely family oriented if not possesive. So I predict the Grand Duchess will be keeping a close eye on her grandchild even if the couple moved to the moon. That lucky baby is going to be part of one loving close knit family and the Grand Duchess could easily take over until the young parents mature some more. Just because they are able to reproduce does not make you an adult ready for the world before you get your life together.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

But they said that Louis and Tessy were living in Switzerland.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:58 AM
Gentry

already??.. but weren't they moving after the baby is borned?
Old 03-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't really know if they have moved there yet. I jst assumed.