The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 11:00 PM
Gentry

are they moving together when the child is born? Now they are forced to grow up.. face the situation maturely and raise the baby in a normal, familiar environment.. with both parents living together... even more having the economic means to do so as Louis is royal... If they were so adult to do it (hope it was an accident).. now they should be adult enough to affront its consequiences, quit partying and face paternity which is not an easy job...

Old 02-14-2006, 12:51 AM
Commoner

Very likely, the child will become plain Mr or Miss until the parents marry in which they will become Count or Countess. Because Tess isnt of noble or royal descent and Louis is the third son of the Grand Duke. I do hope Louis does the right thing and marry Tess even if its for a short while to ensure the child is legitimate. This is vitual for the child's future within the Royal family of Luxembourg.

www.maltagenealogy.com
Old 02-14-2006, 01:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiress Victoria
are they moving together when the child is born? Now they are forced to grow up.. face the situation maturely and raise the baby in a normal, familiar environment.. with both parents living together... even more having the economic means to do so as Louis is royal... If they were so adult to do it (hope it was an accident).. now they should be adult enough to affront its consequiences, quit partying and face paternity which is not an easy job...
They're moving to Switzerland....they probably want to stay out of the heat of the media's lights.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tancarville
Very likely, the child will become plain Mr or Miss until the parents marry in which they will become Count or Countess. Because Tess isnt of noble or royal descent and Louis is the third son of the Grand Duke. I do hope Louis does the right thing and marry Tess even if its for a short while to ensure the child is legitimate. This is vitual for the child's future within the Royal family of Luxembourg.
I certainly hope that if Louis and Tessy do get married, it's because they love each other and not just in order to legitimize a child. That's terrible.
"The child's future within the royal family of Luxembourg...."
--The baby will be so far down the line of succession, I don't think the subject of it's future within the royal family even matters all that much.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:13 AM
Commoner

I know having a baby is something you don't make alone but I really feel sorry for Louis He sure did not know things could go that far Come on! They are a catholic family and his parents certainly raised him in a different way.... To me, she did it on purpose to get a better status, to keep him or whatever Anyway, I admire the whole family and the way they face such a difficult event and all I can do is wishing them good luck!!!
Old 02-14-2006, 11:19 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by suturegeisha
Not unless:
a] the parents get married and/or
b] the Grand Duke decides to give them that title

I think, if Louis and Tessy do wind up getting married someday, that the baby will get the title of prince or princess. After all, Henri elevated his cousins, niece and nephews from "Count/ess of Nassau" to "Prince/ss of Nassau" and they got the added title of His/Her Royal Highness. So I see no reason why he would not do it for his own grandchild.
Yes, but to me, that's the whole point: His cousins had been named "count of Nassau" instead of "Prince of Luxembourg" for the simple reason that Henri's brother, Jean, married a divorced woman. What about Louis who has a child without even been married???
Oh my gosh, poor him, he simply did not understand things could go this far!!!
Old 02-14-2006, 11:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandempressxx
Many of the royals today have nannys, I thinks that louis and tessy will get all the help they need, lets also bear in mind that they are still very young,
I wish them all the best, and lets not forget they both have a very supporting family unit behind them...:o
Aww..isn't that sweet? These two reckless kids make a mistake and someone else has to pay and take care of it. That's teaching them responsibility!!

They did the crime (so to speak) let them do the time...
Old 02-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Courtier

Henri brother Jean gave up his rights to the throne to have a career in business. That is why his children only had Count titles, until Henri 'upgraded' them. It wasn't because he married a divorced women (I don't think she was prevously married)
Old 02-14-2006, 12:22 PM
jacadenasso

Oppie, you are not completely right. Prince Jean renounced to his rights after having an illegitimate child with Helene Vestur, who wasn't a divorced woman (although they are now divorced). He was going to announce his engagement to a noble lady when the whole scandal (in those times a royal having a natural child and specially in Luxembourg was a disgrace for the family) went up, so the engagement was cancelled (the lady has never been identified), and Jean married Helene, with whom he had three more children. The real reason of his renunciation was the birth of Marie-Gabrille, not that he wanted to dedicate to business.
Until the 90s their children were plain Mr/Miss Nassau, until Grand Duke Jean created them Count/Countess de Nassau, and after the death of Josephine-Charlotte, Henry upgraded them to Prince/Princess de Nassau and Royal Highnesses, although without succession rights.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Jean abdicated because he was having a child out of wedlock. I've never heard that he was engaged to someone else. And you have to understand, they don't have to get married if they don't really want to.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:44 PM
jacadenasso

He didn't abdicated, only the reigning sovereign can do that. He renounced to his rights, which is very different.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelle
Yes, but to me, that's the whole point: His cousins had been named "count of Nassau" instead of "Prince of Luxembourg" for the simple reason that Henri's brother, Jean, married a divorced woman. What about Louis who has a child without even been married???
No, no, no. Jean did not marry a divorced woman. He and Helene had a child together before they got married- far before, actually, about a year- and that, I'm certain, had much to do with Jean renouncing his right to the throne. The only way a prince of the country can get married- and keep his titles and succession rights- is if he seeks official permission from the Grand Duke. I don't know if Jean did not seek father's permission at all, or if he did ask and his father disapproved, but the marriage was not officially sanctioned by the Grand Duke and therefore Jean lost his succession right for himself and his descendants. You can see jcadenasso's post above [#374], who does a very good job of explaining the title situation with Prince Jean.
They were Count/ess of Nassau until 2004, when Henri upgraded their titles to Prince/ss of Nassau. In Luxembourg, only the children of a reigning Grand Duke or Hereditary Grand Duke can be titled Prince/ss of Luxembourg, so Marie Gabrielle, Constantin, Wenceslaus, and Carl Johan would not have been Prince/sses of Luxembourg anyhow. See for example Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla's children- Prince Guillaume's marriage was approved by the Grand Duke and so his children have succession rights to the throne, but their titles are Prince/ss of Nassau.

I would be the last to shout hip hip hooray for a 19 year old having a child out of wedlock, but as long as he's happy, who cares what we think, right?
Old 02-15-2006, 03:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelle
Indeed, the "counts of Nassau", the children of prince Jean and the ones of prince Robert, have been upranked to "princes of Nassau".
Old 02-15-2006, 03:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I would be the last to shout hip hip hooray for a 19 year old having a child out of wedlock, but as long as he's happy, who cares what we think, right?
I know. Its not like they all read this and care about our opinions.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:47 AM
Serene Highness

I have feeling that Louis panicked after he learnt about Tessy's pregnancy. I don't think he will be participating father, he is so young. He and Tessy probably split already. She will take care about her baby maybe with help of her mother but being young and having good child support she will have fun soon, and the baby will end up rised by nannies. I'm sorry it sounds so cynical but I have so strange feelings about this couple because of young age. Of course I would like to be wrong.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
They're moving to Switzerland....they probably want to stay out of the heat of the media's lights.
they are going to switzerland???? since when???
Old 02-22-2006, 11:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by foiegrass
they are going to switzerland???? since when???
That was stated in a Belgian article about the prince a few months ago.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Of course, I would think that they would be out of the limelight more in Luxembourg because of the privacy laws there.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:59 PM
Serene Highness

I thought they had already split I don't think there really is a need persay to live together because of the child. Times have changed although for the child it would be best.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:08 PM
Commoner

wait did they break up for sure, or is everyone merrly guessing?

Closed Thread