The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow he is hot, that whole family is. Tessy is in the military. Im sure she is responsible and very mature for her age. Louis is very lucky, he has the meens and support to take care of this child. I think things will change for them but I dont think it will ruin their life. He is so attractive, he is too young to be tied down. He should enjoy years of having fun. But, now he will have to just live a more toned down life. How long have they been going out? Do they live together. Will she move into the palace?

Old 12-30-2005, 03:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
Will she move into the palace?
Since she and Louis aren't married yet I doubt that she'd actually move into the palace. It might happen if the two got married but I'd think they'd want to find their own place to live where they could start a family (or continue it anyway).

Old 12-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I dont think the matter of marriage matters right now. They will have to live together married or not. They might get a place of their own but moving into the palace would be more efficient.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I dont think the matter of marriage matters right now. They will have to live together married or not. They might get a place of their own but moving into the palace would be more efficient.
I read in a Belgian newspaper that they are planning to set up house together in Switzerland.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Switzerland! Why so far away. I like switzerland and I think it is a great place to raise a family but why move. It kinda looks like the RF is kicking him out. Maybe those are the rumours the Grand Duke was talking about in his speech. Whatever they choose I hope they work things out.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Wow he is hot, that whole family is. Tessy is in the military. Im sure she is responsible and very mature for her age. Louis is very lucky, he has the meens and support to take care of this child. I think things will change for them but I dont think it will ruin their life. He is so attractive, he is too young to be tied down. He should enjoy years of having fun. But, now he will have to just live a more toned down life. How long have they been going out? Do they live together. Will she move into the palace?
I know, they're soooo hot! They had been going out for year before she got pregnant.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:36 PM
Courtier

Is there any new news about the baby?

www.one.org
Old 01-30-2006, 06:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

No, but Louis wasn't at his grandfather's bday party.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathilde1286
Is there any new news about the baby?
We will need to wait until the baby is born.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:29 PM
Courtier

It's March, right?

www.one.org
Old 01-31-2006, 05:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes. I wonder if they know what gender the baby will be.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:28 PM
Nobility

I sort of think it will be a girl :). But it still seems a bit early to start guessing now.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Why do you think the baby will be a girl? =]
Old 01-31-2006, 08:21 PM
Nobility

I can just really imagine Louis having this adorable little blond haired girl just running around smiling in family pictures. (Oh and I take back that "too early" remark. I just realized that March is NEXT month!)
Old 01-31-2006, 10:11 PM
Nobility

Wow, I've been mostly a read-only participant in this forum. But, some of the responses to this thread have led me to respond. I must admit I really did not know all of these royal families existed. In America, we mostly hear about the British Royal family and occasionally the Monaco family.

The second most puzzling aspect for me in reading these threads (the first is the Mary haters/worshippers discussions) is this negative judgment of those princes/princesses who have out of wedlock children WHEREAS similar princes/princesses who are having pre-marital sex aren’t judged negatively. I find the judgment of this young prince (and now his family) and others that you sneer at and turn your nose at because of their out of wedlock children so puzzling and hypocritical. Do you think William and Harry are virgins? Were Mary, Letizia, Mathilde, Maxima, etc. all virgins before they had their weddings and then legitimate children?

It is amazing to hear so many of you gush about other royal/princely families that are so much more perfect or righteous because they do not have these “illegitimate” children. Is the immoral act the pre-marital sex or not being more responsible in using birth control? You do realize that out of wedlock children are produce when you have out of wedlock sex.
If the judgment is based on the pre-marital sex, do you actual believe that your favorite prince/princess couple refrained from sex before they got married and had their perfect little prince/princess that you gush over as you watch their christenings?

It’s not just this forum, but in America it is very common to label people who have out of wedlock children as immoral, but the same label is not applied to couples that have pre-marital sex. I’m sorry, but I find this all so puzzling and hypocritical.

Continue on.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think anybody in this thread has labelled Prince Louis or his girlfriend immoral or trashy or anything of that nature.

Initially, when the news was first announced I think shocked is a good word to describe the general reaction and concensus. Mainly because the gossip mill had the situation pegged to Louis' brother Felix and not him.

But I think that there was also shock about the age of Louis and his girlfriend. If you follow the thread of when Prince Albert of Monaco confirmed that he had a two-year-old son, nobody was that shocked about it -- they were more shocked that such a situation hadn't happened sooner considering Albert's reputation as a playboy.

If you read especially the second half of this thread (when the shock had worn off), you'll see many responses about how members wish Louis and his girlfriend and their baby the best. The members who have posted in this thread are genuinely happy for them now and are interested in the well being of Louis and his girlfriend's life and the birth of this child.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia
Wow, I've been mostly a read-only participant in this forum. But, some of the responses to this thread have led me to respond. I must admit I really did not know all of these royal families existed. In America, we mostly hear about the British Royal family and occasionally the Monaco family.

The second most puzzling aspect for me in reading these threads (the first is the Mary haters/worshippers discussions) is this negative judgment of those princes/princesses who have out of wedlock children WHEREAS similar princes/princesses who are having pre-marital sex aren’t judged negatively. I find the judgment of this young prince (and now his family) and others that you sneer at and turn your nose at because of their out of wedlock children so puzzling and hypocritical. Do you think William and Harry are virgins? Were Mary, Letizia, Mathilde, Maxima, etc. all virgins before they had their weddings and then legitimate children?

It is amazing to hear so many of you gush about other royal/princely families that are so much more perfect or righteous because they do not have these “illegitimate” children. Is the immoral act the pre-marital sex or not being more responsible in using birth control? You do realize that out of wedlock children are produce when you have out of wedlock sex.
If the judgment is based on the pre-marital sex, do you actual believe that your favorite prince/princess couple refrained from sex before they got married and had their perfect little prince/princess that you gush over as you watch their christenings?

It’s not just this forum, but in America it is very common to label people who have out of wedlock children as immoral, but the same label is not applied to couples that have pre-marital sex. I’m sorry, but I find this all so puzzling and hypocritical.

Continue on.
Well said, Alexandria.

I don't think anyone knows whether any royals were virgins before. That said, it's not really an appropriate topic. Like Alexandria posted, most of the posts are from well-wishers, anyways. This is a royal forums...most people are going to be "gushing" for their favorite RFs...even so, if a RF did have an illegitimate child, which there are...nobody hates them for it. Like I said, it's a royal forum...people here are here to discuss royal families and follow their events. Again, we admire and critic them. A Christening is a joyous thing, why would anyone taint an event like that with slander?? No one is placing any kind of judgment of prematital sex, anyway. Maybe it's you who thinks a royal family is perfect or righteous if they do not have illigetimate children...no one has said that.

Children ARE produced out of wedlock sex, but there are also children produced out of conjugal sex.

www.one.org
Old 02-01-2006, 03:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia

Continue on.
I do not think that anybody is gushing about any princess because they didn't have children out of wedlock (don't think much gushing is beind done, either). If you think of Mette-Marit, who had a child out of wedlock prior to marrying the Hakoon, she was supported rather than bashed by many posters. I also wonder whether it wasn't many of the European posters who had a relatively relaxed attitude towards the whole issue than many of the Americans.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Calm down! This birth is happening whether you want it to or not. Please don't make hasty generalizations about anything, whether it be the the people posting on this forum or the country that you live in. It might have been covered up a hundred years ago, but that does not mean that it is now. Royals are far more open. Have you ever lived in the real word?
Old 02-01-2006, 10:29 PM
Gentry

will Louis's child have a title prince or princess?