The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 10:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

So is Jean HRH again?

Old 10-01-2005, 10:09 PM
Royal Highness

Yeah and is he in the line of succession?

Old 10-02-2005, 12:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
So is Jean HRH again?
Yes, ma'am, yes he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
Yeah and is he in the line of succession?
No, he isn't. He gave his rights to the throne up completely when he married Helene.
This does make me wonder what's going to happen with Louis, though...only time will tell, I guess.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:51 AM
Aristocracy

I don't think it will matter if Louis loses his succession rights- he has two older brothers, so the chances of Louis and/or his children inheriting the Grand Duchy are remote. Especially if Luxembourg changes its succession laws so that the first born child is automatically the heir, instead of the first born son.

If I was in Louis' shoes I would have a long talk with my Uncle Jean, who got himself in the same trouble. Though Jean was much older than Louis when he got Helene Vestur pregnant, I think he could still give his nephew some sound advice on how to deal with all of this.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
So is Jean HRH again?
Jean never lost his HRH in the first place. He kept his HRH and his title, but his wife and kids didn't get anything at first.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC
Thanks.:)

Does anyone have a scan of the article? (I'd buy the magazine, but they don't sell it anywhere near me...) I think there's a new picture from Prince Henri's birthday on the left in black and white.

Here's the picture on the site....(source- pointdevue.fr)
Old 10-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaLynn07
Thanks.:)

Does anyone have a scan of the article? (I'd buy the magazine, but they don't sell it anywhere near me...) I think there's a new picture from Prince Henri's birthday on the left in black and white.

Here's the picture on the site....(source- pointdevue.fr)

Same here...I've never seen any Point De Vue magazines at my local store. My friend's cousin lives in France and gets the magazine and she had it this summer when she came to visit but I'm not sure if I could get my friend to get her cousin to send the article...though I might ask later.

Still I can't believe that he is going to have a baby! He is a year older than myself and it's just so hard to believe that someone around our age would have a baby. But I am happy that he's willing to accept responsibility. He seems much more mature than most of the boys I know!
Old 10-03-2005, 09:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Can someone get the article?
Old 10-06-2005, 10:39 AM
Aristocracy

A lot of people my age are married and having children. I am only 22 and some of my friends have 3 and 4 year olds. Some people wait and others don't. I wish Louis and Tess the best of luck. Making the decision not to get married just for the baby shows some maturity. Although I am sure they love eachother, a baby and a new marriage is a lot.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseMary
A lot of people my age are married and having children. I am only 22 and some of my friends have 3 and 4 year olds. Some people wait and others don't. I wish Louis and Tess the best of luck. Making the decision not to get married just for the baby shows some maturity. Although I am sure they love eachother, a baby and a new marriage is a lot.
Yeah it is something to think through , but I think they will be just fine, especially having support from family members as a whole.:)
Old 10-06-2005, 03:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseMary
Why do you think they love each other? They are just kids!
Old 10-06-2005, 03:30 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy80
I am going to say they love each other because they are expecting a baby on the way and they are going on their second year as a couple now so that would pretty much say without words spoken that they love each other and care for one another by their actions alone.:) They are not kids. They are young adults who chose their destiny to have a baby together.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
That doesn't mean that they don't know what love is or if they are in love with each other. After two years, regardless of your age, you know if you are in love with someone with whom you have an intimate and romantic relationship. If you don't love the person, then why stay with them for two years? My guess is that they do love each other.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:35 PM
Gentry

I wish them all the best !!!!
Old 10-06-2005, 04:32 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Kids?! I think people of 13/14/15 years old, or 16, are kids but young adults of 19 and 20 years old are definitively not kids.
Love is for all ages: 60, 40, 90 and 20 too.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Honestly, who knows if they are really in love. Only time can tell (i.e. if they eventually get married.)
Old 10-06-2005, 10:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Honestly, who knows if they are really in love. Only time can tell (i.e. if they eventually get married.)
Maybe they won't ever get married but will still be in love. Who knows...it's happend before.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

True, but its not that common, especially since he is royal.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:13 PM
Aristocracy

I may be the only one out there but I for one agree with Lindy80, I myself am the same age as Louis and perhaps it is just me and the social group I associate myself with but in no way are my friends and I grown enough to handle “adult situations” on our own. They are too just kids, no one is that grown at 19. All any guy at that age wants is sex.

Old 10-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

But we don't know who he is friends with.