The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 01:12 PM
Gentry

Deciding not to have an abortion is the first step we all can agree upon in taking responsiblity for your actions.

Old 09-27-2005, 01:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by la francaise
What are you saying?

Tell me what rules are you talking about from your point of view as being a catholic in your opinion?
"being a catholic in your opinion": I'm sorry but I have the impression I misunderstood you? Do you think I'm not a good catholic or not catholic at all because I said there were matters far more important than sexual matter?
Naively, I thought rules Jesus taught like loving each other, charity and all that is in Gospel was far more important than forbidding to people loving each other to have sex. How to say? I believe this is a private matter, and that people should be entitled to have their own opinion and reflexion on the matter.

Old 09-27-2005, 01:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
First of all, my words reflect my beliefs. And yes, I have seen this situation occur in my family, so please do not attack my own beliefs on here.

We are each entitled to our own comments on with.

I suggest, with all due respect, you you tourself, show some consideration to others' posts on here.

I am not preaching to anyone here, just offering another view of this situation.

I suggest you re-read some of the rules about proper and respectful postings to this site.

Thank you.
You saw this situation in your family, but did you face it personnally?
Of course we are entitled to our own comments, that's why my personal comments are that I'm sick with moralizer comments of "we shall do like this, not like that... and so ever".
Old 09-27-2005, 01:18 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
I can't wait myself . I am interested in hearing what they have to say about anything regarding there situation.
I think this interview will be even more exciting than the one Princess Diana gave to Panorama some years ago!
Old 09-27-2005, 01:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Okay Folks

Let's not jump down each others throat. We are all members here so lets respect one another. If you don't agree to another members opinions that's fine but don't judge as in " my opinion is right and yours is wrong because I don't understand where your coming from or can't comprehend your point of view". This is just an example of what I'm trying to say here.

Thank you
la francaise
I agree with this.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
But you see sexual matters entails alot more than sex: having a baby out of wedlock, the hgh chance of emotional, mental, physical scars if the relationship does not work out, disease, etc. I think that preaching against fornication/adultery is important b/c there are so many consequences that come with pre-marital sex. So God was looking out for us after all b/c of so many consequences.
Well, I'll say I'm pro-contraception, so that I think an out of wedlock pregnancy can be avoided.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:28 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane
"being a catholic in your opinion": I thank you for this very disdainful thought, you obviously think I'm not a good catholic or not catholic at all because I said there were matters far more important than sexual matter.
Naively, I thought rules Jesus taught like loving each other, charity and all that is in Gospel was far more important than forbidding to people loving each other to have sex.
First of all I'm not in any form trying to contempt you in any way form or fashion. Your disdainful thought is all wrong of what I'm saying here. I'm not catholic and don't have any intentions on being,other people here are and that's fine. To you or anyone here I never said you was a bad catholic and if you are so what . I don't care period. Somewhere in this thread you must have my opinions confuse.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:31 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
"being a catholic in your opinion": I thank you for this very disdainful thought, you obviously think I'm not a good catholic or not catholic at all because I said there were matters far more important than sexual matter.
Naively, I thought rules Jesus taught like loving each other, charity and all that is in Gospel was far more important than forbidding to people loving each other to have sex.
When we belong to some religion, we have to follow it in everything, we can't choose "I want this, but I don't want that!". or "This is very good for me but this is too much!".
I never saw written in Gospels that "Jesus taught like loving each other, charity and all that (...) was far more important than forbidding to people loving each other to have sex". Jesus taught we should always do God's will, in every circunstances. That's what Jesus taught. Louis and Tessy had pre-marital sex (was not a very good decision) and she got pregnant. They decided to have the baby and that was God's will, that's why I admire them like I also admire Princess Mette-Marit.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
First of all I'm not in any form trying to contempt you in any way form or fashion. Your disdainful thought is all wrong of what I'm saying here. I'm not catholic and don't have any intentions on being because other people here are. To you or anyone here I never said you was a bad catholic and if you are so what . I don't care period. Somewhere in this thread you must have my opinions confuse.
Yes I realised I misunderstood your post... That's why I edit mine in an other way...
I'm sorry to have been offensive with you. Let's say I'm tired after a difficult day...
Old 09-27-2005, 01:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
When we belong to some religion, we have to follow it in everything, we can't choose "I want this, but I don't want that!". or "This is very good for me but this is too much!".
I never saw written in Gospels that "Jesus taught like loving each other, charity and all that (...) was far more important than forbidding to people loving each other to have sex". Jesus taught we should always do God's will, in every circunstances. That's what Jesus taught. Louis and Tessy had pre-marital sex (was not a very good decision) and she got pregnant. They decided to have the baby and that was God's will, that's why I admire them like I also admire Princess Mette-Marit.
I won't enter in a theological debate but I don't agree at all with you. One's relationship with God and the religion is not a formal one, it's too an human one, which is full of the experiences, of the doubts of the person, of what she is. Maybe it's hard for some to understand that one can feel that or her belongs to a religion and has problems with some dogmas or teachings. I have lot of difficulties with some matters of the Roman Catholic religion, I agree with lot of matter of faith which make catholics different of protestants, or the orthodox. Religion is an human matter, let's considere humans have the right to disagree or have problems with some matters.
By the way, I've the impression God has never forbidden to have sex before marriage, but that's an other matter.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:22 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Yes I realised I misunderstood your post... That's why I edit mine in an other way...
I'm sorry to have been offensive with you. Let's say I'm tired after a difficult day...
It's all good . We are all post members here.:)
Old 09-27-2005, 02:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannelore
Silly silly couple, it's not easy to have children when you're not yet a real adult yourself. Their young carefree lives are over now, and it won't be easy, a child is a huge responsability.
I agree absolutely with your opinion!
Poor silly youngsters, children themselves. And in a catholic country, too. Poor grandparents, too. I must have been hell for them all to discuss the situation.

Anyway, the child is coming, nothig to do, God bless all of them.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:45 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra
I agree absolutely with your opinion!
Poor silly youngsters, children themselves. And in a catholic country, too. Poor grandparents, too. I must have been hell for them all to discuss the situation.

Anyway, the child is coming, nothig to do, God bless all of them.
Both of you are correct:) . I agree Louis and Tessy are young adults themselves but did the both of you ever thought that maybe this was a planned baby even though they are not married?
Old 09-27-2005, 02:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamass
i think they are being very adult about things. they did not wimp out by aborting the pregnancy nor did they run away. they faced up to what is going on and i believe this will be a life changing thing, but i think they are ready. no one is really ever ready but their families will help them become somewhat ready. yes it is shocking but they are being more mature about it than many people worldwide.
Is it possible to get an abort in a strong catholic country? Of course there always are ways, I know, but it should have been that kind of a secret, that it would have very llikely become known everywhere. A juicy secret...

Fortunately they did the best thing they could do in that situation, to tell their parents.
Poor, poor youngsters! And what will become of the child, if the parents-to-become one day will go their own paths! Who takes then the responsibility for the little one. Money there will be enough, thet sure, but money is not everything...
Old 09-27-2005, 03:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
You saw this situation in your family, but did you face it personnally?
Of course we are entitled to our own comments, that's why my personal comments are that I'm sick with moralizer comments of "we shall do like this, not like that... and so ever".
Yes, to my first cousin and sister so that is good enough to see it firsthand.

We all moralize at differrent levels. If you are sick of my statements, that is not anything I can control.

Remember, we all the have the right to post with respect to others on here. Please remember that the next time you post yourself.

Thank you.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by suturegeisha
...look at Prince Jean, Henri's brother, and his [ex?] wife Helene Vestur- their first daughter was born before they ever got married.
Why ex-wife? Are Jean and Helene divorced? I never heard of that!
Old 09-27-2005, 03:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

We all moralize at differrent levels. If you are sick of my statements, that is not anything I can control.

Remember, we all the have the right to post with respect to others on here. Please remember that the next time you post yourself.

Thank you.
But you were never in this situation, so that you can't say: I faced the situation, I knew how it was to be pregnant out of wedlock and to have a choice to do. I feel it. Well, I stop here. You don't seem to understand my statement.

Ah, I'd like to remind everyone a sentence I love from the french philosoph Voltaire, a sentence I agree completely with: "I will fight your ideas, but I'm ready to be killed for you have the right to express it".
Old 09-27-2005, 03:36 PM
Royal Highness

[QUOTE=Alexandra]
Quote:
Originally Posted by suturegeisha
...look at Prince Jean, Henri's brother, and his [ex?] wife Helene Vestur- their first daughter was born before they ever got married. QUOTE]

Why ex-wife? Are Jean and Helene divorced? I never heard of that!
Nothing official has been stated but they were rumours according to which Jean and Hélène were divorced, and that Jean re-married. But Hélène was seen at the confirmation of princess Alexandra, so I guess she's still accepted by the family.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Thank you.
A last thing: you're of course entitled to express your opinion. But I have the right to say I'm sick of moralizing statement.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:46 PM
Nobility

But, since they will have a baby but will not marry... Will the child have any titles? Or it will be like Prince Jean "case" :-p?