Prince Louis, Tessy and Family, News & Events 2: April 2017 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no Tessy, that post. I've always rooted for her, she seemed so relatable. Now I still do, I feel bad for her and she seems so vulnerable. She sounds like your pal who goes through a bad breakup and pretend she's not as affected by things, not hurt or adrift. The one who turns to social media to vent and post things that say "Look at me, I'm ok, I'm happy, I have a lot of people who LOVE me!" The difference is, my friends who go through these things have their social media accounts private and the only people who get to read their mess online are friends. In her case it's the people of a whole country plus a thousand more. For public and private folks, it really is best to just keep quiet.

I will say this, I follow her on Instagram and between all the pictures of herself, you hardly notice pictures of the boys. It's gotten to be a bit excessive.

Noah and Gabriel are twelve and eleven respectively which seems old enough to know whether or not they want to appear in their mother's Instagram posts; and whilst I do think that she does seem to post about her children a lot, it does seem that Noah and Gabriel are fairly happy in the photos so perhaps they don't mind featuring in her Instagram at the moment. However, something might change which means that Noah and Gabriel might no longer want to be constantly posted about on Tessy's Instagram, which could lead to them leading more reserved lives from the public as adults (just a potential situation here which is something for Tessy to consider). I don't mind parents posting photos of their children on Instagram as long as the children have consented (and when they're too young to consent, I think occasional casual shots are fine). However, there was one comment Tessy made when she was upset with the media over negative comments and she mentioned something like "at least my sons love me" (can't remember the exact post), which is slightly unnecessary IMO.

Honestly posting pictures of her sons is no different then any other mother. Do people complain Princess Madeleine posts pictures of her kids on social media?? Tessy isn't a member of the royal family any more, wasn't ever really officially. She isn't held to the same restrictions as she was back in the day. She likely doesn't see it any different, then the royal family posting pictures of her sons on their website or at certain events. They are her kids.

She is of a younger generation. Its not comparable to someone like Alexandra Manley, who may not be as big into social media. Or Diana, who there was no social media. At Tessy's age, sharing your life and happiness on social media is common for people of all walks of life.

[...] Tessy isn't a member of the royal family any more, wasn't ever really officially.[...]

Did I miss something?

Up to today she still is S.A.R. la princesse Tessy de Luxembourg, Princesse de Nassau, Princesse de Bourbon de Parme née Antony.

As long she holds that position, I would recommed her to restrict her social media exposure.

Did I miss something?

Up to today she still is S.A.R. la princesse Tessy de Luxembourg, Princesse de Nassau, Princesse de Bourbon de Parme née Antony.

As long she holds that position, I would recommed her to restrict her social media exposure.

Bravo et touche, Duc! :flowers:
And congratulations on 8000 posts!!
654758-congratulations-bravocado-gif

Whoever she is she needs to pay a lot less attention to social media. A lot.

Last edited:
Honestly posting pictures of her sons is no different then any other mother. Do people complain Princess Madeleine posts pictures of her kids on social media?? Tessy isn't a member of the royal family any more, wasn't ever really officially. She isn't held to the same restrictions as she was back in the day. She likely doesn't see it any different, then the royal family posting pictures of her sons on their website or at certain events. They are her kids.

She is of a younger generation. Its not comparable to someone like Alexandra Manley, who may not be as big into social media. Or Diana, who there was no social media. At Tessy's age, sharing your life and happiness on social media is common for people of all walks of life.

Yes, Madeleine posts photos of her children sometimes. But Tessy has posted photos of her sons, from which it is easy to find out where they move and visit in London. It is a security issue, which I think that the Cour would be interested in. The world is full of people who are desparate and could kidnap a royal child and ask for ransom.
I also think that Tessy has taken some photos of her sons away from her Instagram.

Tessy prepared for the photoshooting tomorrow with Hanadore with the dress from the designer Adebayo Jones

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhQy6ZAhnK7/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

And a new picture with her boys

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhRtkAoBmOM/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

Tessy posted in her Instagram Prince Gabriel to recite a poem!

"My handsome poet ❤️✨"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhTV0qBho5E/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

And the photoshout with Hanadore for Tessy and her boys its wrap

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhTvDPJhhwP/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

Tessy back to Luxemburg with her boys to visit family

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhWt_x7Bo_8/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

"Bike day out driving around Buckingham Palace" Tessy with the boys!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhpcNURhzw7/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. If people want to read them, go to Tessy's Instagram page.

:previous:
Not everybody is on Instagram nor do they want to be......

Gabriel looks so much like Louis!

I feel a bit uncomfortable with showcasing minors to such extent...

Tessy might have asked Gabriel if he wants this moment to be posted.

The Grand Ducal Monarchs went to a State Visit to France.
The last evening at the Musée Rodin the Whole familiy was there except Prince Sebastien. But Prince Louis looked sad and lost !
This thread is about Tessy's Glory !

She probably got the photoshoot for free if she promoted the studio and photographer. She isn't stupid, every brand she mentions she gets paid for

Prince Louis, Tessy and Family, News & Events, Part 2 (April 2017 - present)

Tessy posted in her Instagram Prince Gabriel to recite a poem!

"My handsome poet ❤️[emoji92]"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhTV0qBho5E/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

And the photoshout with Hanadore for Tessy and her boys its wrap

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhTvDPJhhwP/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

And this is the exact reason why I think Tessy's posts are more intrusive in comparison to other royals. Most other royals just post portraits or casual shots of their children; whereas this video, unless Gabriel gave Tessy his permission, seems a little on the personal side (and whilst Tessy is no longer a member of the GDF, she is still a public figure through her charity work and is still associated with the GDF). And reading the comments on the post; I wouldn't feel comfortable if I were Tessy reading that a grown woman has a crush on my 12 year old son... (I'm sure the comment was meant in a nice way, but still.)

Last edited:
And this is the exact reason why I think Tessy's posts are more intrusive in comparison to other royals. Most other royals just post portraits or casual shots of their children; whereas this video, unless Gabriel gave Tessy his permission, seems a little on the personal side (and whilst Tessy is no longer a member of the GDF, she is still a public figure through her charity work and is still associated with the GDF). And reading the comments on the post; I wouldn't feel comfortable if I were Tessy reading that a grown woman has a crush on my 12 year old son... (I'm sure the comment was meant in a nice way, but still.)

Very much agree. Other royals share photos of their kids because they know it's expected, so they have to balance it out between sharing and privacy. Tessy would have been in an ideal situation to raise her kids in complete privacy if she'd wanted to because her kids are not in the line of succession, but she seems to need a lot of validation and to constantly remind people she is the mother of two princes. I wonder how Prince Louis feels about this. With their background and profiles, they'd be easy targets for opportunists.

(OT but I've always admired Hollywood celebrities who manage to keep their kids out of the limelight. I also have colleagues who have express instructions not to post photos of their kids on social media, simply because they think it should be the child's decision in the future if he/she want his/her face to be on the internet or not.)

Is it not somewhat at odds for a cosmetic clinic to be supporting a charity advocating education, inspiration and empowerment of women and girls?

Here come be empowered, don't let anyone tell you you're a lesser being just for being a girl....oh and get free botox on your next visit ....huh

Very much agree. Other royals share photos of their kids because they know it's expected, so they have to balance it out between sharing and privacy. Tessy would have been in an ideal situation to raise her kids in complete privacy if she'd wanted to because her kids are not in the line of succession, but she seems to need a lot of validation and to constantly remind people she is the mother of two princes. I wonder how Prince Louis feels about this. With their background and profiles, they'd be easy targets for opportunists.

(OT but I've always admired Hollywood celebrities who manage to keep their kids out of the limelight. I also have colleagues who have express instructions not to post photos of their kids on social media, simply because they think it should be the child's decision in the future if he/she want his/her face to be on the internet or not.)

These are my sentiments exactly. I can imagine that most other royals in this situation would try to remain as private citizens, showing up only at events such as their royal children's birthdays and other events relating to their children. I've never seen "previous princesses" such as Countess Alexandra of Frederiksborg appear in the limelight as much as Tessy. Whilst it is the individual's wish as to whether or not they want to carry on with public life, I agree that Tessy does seem to want to remind her Instagram followers and others of her associations with the GDF and that doesn't set off a very good image to me. I used to like Tessy but since the divorce my feelings are changing somewhat, and it's a shame because she does admirable charity work but these kind of things throw me off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure why this thread is called, Prince Louis, Tessy and family as the only thing I ever see is what Tessy is doing. Just saying.

Louis does not seem to be putting himself out in public.. Tessy does.. and the boys are too young

Louis does not seem to be putting himself out in public.. Tessy does.. and the boys are too young
Exactly, Tessy should be a little more circumspect or those that have Instagram can keep the posts from Tessy to themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom