The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #601  
Old 01-08-2019, 09:27 AM
moby's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post

Something happened in life that makes people angry and bitter, it is called life's. Nobody just becomes angry and bitter just for the sake of being bitter and angry. Tessy is in need of help instead of blame, why do so many forget there was a husband in this scene? Being royal does that excuse him.......it takes 2 people to break and make a marriage......look at both of them. And your right, I do not believe Tessy IMHO was ever really excepted in the royal family......
I think most people on here have acknowledged that she is in need of help and not in the best place right now. I also think she gets blamed because she is the one who likes to air her troubles in public. This is precisely why it is crucial to be discreet, if you're careful about what you publish about your personal life, there will be less ammunition for criticisms. It's hard to criticize Louis because he knows to be quiet but no doubt about it, had he been acting like her, everyone would blame him. Anyway, for the nth time, I hope she has friends who are able to help and not enable her bitterness and sense of entitlement.
__________________

__________________
It seems to me that origination is perhaps instinct, not intellect. -Joe Strummer

Reply With Quote
  #602  
Old 01-08-2019, 09:28 AM
M. Payton's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: USA, United States
Posts: 1,804
It is *Bitterness and rage* that is the driving force right now behind her behavior and actions. She might have damn good reason to be this way and we will never know unless she decides to tell us. People seems to forget that it takes **2** to make and break a marriage and just because she came from a poor or a family with less means does not mean she is a gold digger. What happened to make her this way, where is her family, her so called friends, someone close to her should be able to see what she is doing and try to get her some help. I agree what she needs to be quiet and get off social media yet I get the impression that she is all alone out there regardless of her boys in boarding school, or Louis in France or a home, there seems to be no one around to get her some help. Blaming someone with out knowing all the facts is so short sighted and narrow minded...........Louis imho seems like a very weak insecure little boy still letting mom or dad or whomever pull the strings of his life, give him a place to live, give him money, give him a job through friends, give give some more and he will never grow up to be a real man who accepts responsibility for his actions either. Both these so called adults need help to grow up for age does not mean your grown into adulthood.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #603  
Old 01-08-2019, 12:59 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 8,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
It is *Bitterness and rage* that is the driving force right now behind her behavior and actions. She might have damn good reason to be this way and we will never know unless she decides to tell us. People seems to forget that it takes **2** to make and break a marriage and just because she came from a poor or a family with less means does not mean she is a gold digger. What happened to make her this way, where is her family, her so called friends, someone close to her should be able to see what she is doing and try to get her some help. I agree what she needs to be quiet and get off social media yet I get the impression that she is all alone out there regardless of her boys in boarding school, or Louis in France or a home, there seems to be no one around to get her some help. Blaming someone with out knowing all the facts is so short sighted and narrow minded...........Louis imho seems like a very weak insecure little boy still letting mom or dad or whomever pull the strings of his life, give him a place to live, give him money, give him a job through friends, give give some more and he will never grow up to be a real man who accepts responsibility for his actions either. Both these so called adults need help to grow up for age does not mean your grown into adulthood.
You say that we do not know the full story and probably need to spare Tessy. But then you clash with that by going all out against Louis, the one in this who is the completely unknown and invisible one. That is not consequent, to be fair.

Louis has never sought the media, has never attacked his wife, has been in praise of her even and keeps distance from Instagram and the likes. For me that shows reasonability, that shows responibility, that shows adult behaviour.

That the Prince has no job says nothing. He has the luck to be in a position to pursue his own interests. His children seem in excellent care and education. Until at least the finish of their education, the two boys will have a totally carefree life as all will be provided and paid for them by the Grand-Duke.

It is easy to say he needs a job, while he has a free appartment in Paris with a cook and a maid. The dude is damn' right to do what he likes to do: doing charities and studies. Why commute and work? There will be entrecôte de veau with pommes duchesse tonight, served with a glass of fine Merlot. And his shirts are hanging in his closet, crisp and clean from the iron service. Lucky boy.
Reply With Quote
  #604  
Old 01-08-2019, 01:13 PM
M. Payton's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: USA, United States
Posts: 1,804


First I never said to spare anyone, so please do not put words in my comment. Yes Louis has been quiet and of course I expect that of him as he is taking the advice I assume of lawyers and parents.......and as I said before there is more to this then what we are seeing and reading. And with Louis being so quiet just how does anyone know if he even sees the boys and helps with their guidance in life. Recently all the pictures of the royal family for many events show that the boys are not there...with the royal family.

Tessy needs help Now not tomorrow, she is acting out with all this anger and needs to deal with it. This is called mental health for she is showing that if not getting the help she needs, she is headed for a breakdown...she is not dealing with a clear head now.

And I stand by my opinion that there has been *2* people in this marriage, not one..........Both are accountable...........period!

Yes Louis is lucky he has a rich dad and is handed everything in life on a silver platter.......that does not make him an innocent party in this marriage!
Reply With Quote
  #605  
Old 01-08-2019, 02:23 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 20,232
I don't think anybody talks about guilt or innocence in the context of this divorce. Members just state how distasteful it is that Tessy is making such a spectacle of herself and is dragging her former husband and in-laws through the mud. She may have a point or not, few of us will know. But it would be more edifying if she kept silent about it, stopped running to the DM and stopped posting all kinds of nastiness on social media. Her sons of an age that they must be able to read these things.

The sooner she gets help the better.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #606  
Old 01-08-2019, 02:29 PM
M. Payton's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: USA, United States
Posts: 1,804

Yes it is horrible what she is doing and yet there is lots of blame being placed on her for this break-up as I have seen here. Playing the blame game without knowing all the facts is to me being narrow minded for then when truth comes out it backfires big time. I am of the opinion that in any divorce there is a reason from both parties, there are 2 people in the marriage not just one. Tessy is in a horrible place now and it will effect her entire life as well as the boys for they will hear of this if not now eventually.....she needs help now, not later and I wonder where all her family is and these so called friends of hers?

It takes 2 to tango be it good or bad....
Reply With Quote
  #607  
Old 01-08-2019, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post

Yes it is horrible what she is doing and yet there is lots of blame being placed on her for this break-up as I have seen here. Playing the blame game without knowing all the facts is to me being narrow minded for then when truth comes out it backfires big time. I am of the opinion that in any divorce there is a reason from both parties, there are 2 people in the marriage not just one. Tessy is in a horrible place now and it will effect her entire life as well as the boys for they will hear of this if not now eventually.....she needs help now, not later and I wonder where all her family is and these so called friends of hers?

It takes 2 to tango be it good or bad....
Its her affair.. if she wants to get hielp that's her choice. If she does not want to gt help that is her choice.
Reply With Quote
  #608  
Old 01-08-2019, 02:39 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 27,954
Tessy at her Instagram
"I’m delighted to begin my role today as Official Ambassador of Montessori St Nicholas Group – a UK ‘early childhood’ education training provider and charity."
https://www.instagram.com/p/BsXs6dOFRGD/
Reply With Quote
  #609  
Old 01-08-2019, 05:37 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
I think most people on here have acknowledged that she is in need of help and not in the best place right now. I also think she gets blamed because she is the one who likes to air her troubles in public. This is precisely why it is crucial to be discreet, if you're careful about what you publish about your personal life, there will be less ammunition for criticisms. It's hard to criticize Louis because he knows to be quiet but no doubt about it, had he been acting like her, everyone would blame him. Anyway, for the nth time, I hope she has friends who are able to help and not enable her bitterness and sense of entitlement.
I also don't believe anyone here is particularly singling Tessy out; I think it's purely because Tessy has been so vocal and active online and saying some pretty questionable things relating to the GD family and her divorce etc which irks a lot of us here (myself included). If the situation was reversed and it was Louis posting such comments and acting in such a way; I would question him and disagree with him, too.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #610  
Old 01-08-2019, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I also don't believe anyone here is particularly singling Tessy out; I think it's purely because Tessy has been so vocal and active online and saying some pretty questionable things relating to the GD family and her divorce etc which irks a lot of us here (myself included). If the situation was reversed and it was Louis posting such comments and acting in such a way; I would question him and disagree with him, too.
I doubt if Louis would behave in such a way... I didn't know much about Tessy, and then heard she was getting a divorce. and since then it has been all her prattling away on social media and making a fuss about things..
If she wants to keep the friendship of the LRF, that's not the way to go about it. And if she isn't interested in remaining royal, why not just shut up talking, and get a job (a proper job) and get on with it?
Reply With Quote
  #611  
Old 01-08-2019, 10:46 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 8,227
I quite admired Tessy when she and Louis first married. Now I think she is a gold-digger by virtue of her own divorce demands. The LRF has paid for both Louis and Tessy's extensive further education in both the US and the UK, providing accommodation, childcare, study fees, living allowances, etc.

That is no small amount of money involved and they had paid it willingly. Right about the time Tessy is on top of her game, great job, social circle, wardrobe, etc. a petition for divorce is applied for by Tessy in the UK in the belief that wives get a better deal in the UK and that prenups are only in play when both parties agree.

Of course, this was wrong and while the Decree Nisi was granted with little fanfare, the financial settlement had to be agreed upon before a Decree Absolute would be issued. So, since then we have been treated to a social media barrage of Tessy the Humanitarian, Tessy and Charity, all of which include couture gowns and flying all over Europe. Tessy with a 75,000 pa salary.

Then comes the supposedly final court case for the financial aspect and Tessy plays the loving mother representing herself, who has given up her job and expects the Court to order the LRF to give her the family home and car and continue to support her in the manner to which she has become accustomed which, since she no longer has a job, means living in style in that lovely house.

But, where is Louis in all this, has he been her trenchant enemy? No, when questioned he has supported her and railed against the gold-digger label attached to his wife. However, since the Decree Nisi, he left his job and relocated to France (probably to reassess his life and start over). Not surprisingly he chose to move into the "Family" owned property where his sister is also residing. Nobody is better than family when life zings you unexpectedly.

But, while Tessy was all over social media bragging about her wonderful achievements, job and accomplishments, using her children as props, Louis said and did nothing to publically hit back IMO to protect his children from ugly publicity. He got done over like a dog's dinner, his voluntary work with an NGO being seen as him being jobless and living off his family.

So, I despise Tessy. She was given so much, opportunities, lifestyle, two beautiful children, and not only was she not grateful, she disrespects the very people who have made this all possible. Now she is packing a hissy fit because the Judge told her he could not (and would not even if he could) order her soon to be ex-husband's family to give her their house, pay for its upkeep, feed and clothe her in style and let her continue to be a Princess. Wow. I really understand how hard done by she is . . . not!
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #612  
Old 01-09-2019, 08:45 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,229
Curiously they were 2 Events in Luxembourg.
A picture of the whole family without grand children because the 2 boys of Prince Louis were not there , the 2 girls of Prince Felix were not on the picture.
For Grand Duke Jean 's Birthday , the Tessy most beloved Member of the Grand Ducal Family , the two boys were again with Tessy .
Without GrandChildren the Grand Duchess MT took her 2 dogs on her knees.
Reply With Quote
  #613  
Old 01-09-2019, 05:53 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I doubt if Louis would behave in such a way... I didn't know much about Tessy, and then heard she was getting a divorce. and since then it has been all her prattling away on social media and making a fuss about things..
If she wants to keep the friendship of the LRF, that's not the way to go about it. And if she isn't interested in remaining royal, why not just shut up talking, and get a job (a proper job) and get on with it?
Yes, Louis has always seemed to be a more reserved and private person, hence why the "if" of my post was used in a hypothetical sense
Agree with you about Tessy though. I liked her and admired her before all this debacle, though now she's becoming one of my least favourite "royals".
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #614  
Old 01-09-2019, 09:55 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I quite admired Tessy when she and Louis first married. Now I think she is a gold-digger by virtue of her own divorce demands. The LRF has paid for both Louis and Tessy's extensive further education in both the US and the UK, providing accommodation, childcare, study fees, living allowances, etc.

That is no small amount of money involved and they had paid it willingly. Right about the time Tessy is on top of her game, great job, social circle, wardrobe, etc. a petition for divorce is applied for by Tessy in the UK in the belief that wives get a better deal in the UK and that prenups are only in play when both parties agree.

Of course, this was wrong and while the Decree Nisi was granted with little fanfare, the financial settlement had to be agreed upon before a Decree Absolute would be issued. So, since then we have been treated to a social media barrage of Tessy the Humanitarian, Tessy and Charity, all of which include couture gowns and flying all over Europe. Tessy with a 75,000 pa salary.

Then comes the supposedly final court case for the financial aspect and Tessy plays the loving mother representing herself, who has given up her job and expects the Court to order the LRF to give her the family home and car and continue to support her in the manner to which she has become accustomed which, since she no longer has a job, means living in style in that lovely house.

But, where is Louis in all this, has he been her trenchant enemy? No, when questioned he has supported her and railed against the gold-digger label attached to his wife. However, since the Decree Nisi, he left his job and relocated to France (probably to reassess his life and start over). Not surprisingly he chose to move into the "Family" owned property where his sister is also residing. Nobody is better than family when life zings you unexpectedly.

But, while Tessy was all over social media bragging about her wonderful achievements, job and accomplishments, using her children as props, Louis said and did nothing to publically hit back IMO to protect his children from ugly publicity. He got done over like a dog's dinner, his voluntary work with an NGO being seen as him being jobless and living off his family.

So, I despise Tessy. She was given so much, opportunities, lifestyle, two beautiful children, and not only was she not grateful, she disrespects the very people who have made this all possible. Now she is packing a hissy fit because the Judge told her he could not (and would not even if he could) order her soon to be ex-husband's family to give her their house, pay for its upkeep, feed and clothe her in style and let her continue to be a Princess. Wow. I really understand how hard done by she is . . . not!
Absolutely agree with you. To me, Tessy is a gold digger as the press initially suggested. Let me note that while it does take "two to tango," and Louis did get Tessy pregnant, we have to ask ourselves who had everything to gain and who had everything to lose with this pregnancy?

Just looking at Tessy's instagram, it is clear that she loves luxury. It's all about parties, gowns, and even tiaras, she's forever dropping names and even calls herself "Tessy from Luxembourg," even though I'm not sure that she is still a princess or can style herself one.

I use to like Tessy. To me, she was a poor girl that had proven to the royal family that she could become polished and refined, but lately, she has unsheathed her claws and is proving those that didn't want her in the first place were right! Very sad.
Reply With Quote
  #615  
Old 01-09-2019, 10:01 PM
kathia_sophia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South, Portugal
Posts: 2,320
I think the big problem with Tessy is sharing her whole life and divorce story with the world. Even if she is not a gold digger, her constant self-praise, lavish lifestyle, etc., really don't help her at all. If she wanted to raise awareness of some sort, she is failing big at it! She needs to reflect and approach her situation differently, and possibly, more privately.
__________________
♫A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.♥
Reply With Quote
  #616  
Old 01-11-2019, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bay Area, United States
Posts: 3,495
Prince Louis will attend the Kagami Biraki 2019 festival on January 13. He is patron of the Luxembourg Federation of Martial Arts since 2010.

Source: Agenda - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg
Reply With Quote
  #618  
Old 01-13-2019, 01:32 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 8,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayarena View Post

[....]

Just looking at Tessy's instagram, it is clear that she loves luxury. It's all about parties, gowns, and even tiaras, she's forever dropping names and even calls herself "Tessy from Luxembourg," even though I'm not sure that she is still a princess or can style herself one.

[....]
Tessy is still married to Son Altesse Royale le prince Louis Xavier Marie Guillaume de Luxembourg, prince de Nassau, prince de Bourbon de Parme. As legally wedded wife, she can be addressed with her husband's style and titles, as is the longstanding custom on the Continent. So to be honest: so far Tessy is correct, she is still a princess by marriage and not pretending something or so.
Reply With Quote
  #619  
Old 01-13-2019, 01:43 PM
Skippy's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,358
My take is that Tessy dreads falling into oblivion and is hanging on to this for as long as she can.
And if it wasn't for her sons, she would be plain, ordinary Ms. Tessy Antony from Luxembourg (assuming she won't have a title after the divorce).

So in that case I do think that her and Louis's sons are her claim to fame.
__________________
29th July, 1981: Lady Diana Spencer becomes HRH The Princess of Wales
8 juli 2000: Church blessing of TH Prince Bernhard and Princess Annette of Orange-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven-Sekrève
3 mei 2008: HRH Princess Margarita de Bourbon de Parme remarries Mr. Tjalling ten Cate
12th October, 2018: Wedding of HRH Princess Eugenie of York and Mr. Jack Brooksbank
Reply With Quote
  #620  
Old 01-13-2019, 01:54 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 8,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
My take is that Tessy dreads falling into oblivion and is hanging on to this for as long as she can.
And if it wasn't for her sons, she would be plain, ordinary Ms. Tessy Antony from Luxembourg (assuming she won't have a title after the divorce).

So in that case I do think that her and Louis's sons are her claim to fame.
If that is true, why then not work out, do mediation, kick-start the marriage and look what works and what does not work? For a so-called gold digger and "holding to titles" it is strange she requested the divorce. (I believe it was her initiative?). So I am not sure if Tessy really clings to royal status. It is sad that she and Louis could not find a middle way.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Louis and Princess Tessy to Divorce: January 18, 2017 Ilse Prince Felix, Princess Claire, Prince Louis, Princess Alexandra, Prince Sebastien and Families 738 12-27-2018 06:05 PM
Prince Louis, Princess Tessy and Family, Current Events 1 (March 2007 - April 2017) Marengo Current Events Archive 534 04-03-2017 05:24 AM




Popular Tags
"chinese gordon" baltic republics bonaparte book british royal family britishroyals camilla christian ix clothes current events current events thread dailyfail discussão documentary duchess of sussex duchessofsussex duke of sussex duke of york dutch royal family earl of wessex fashion felipe vi genetics greece headship her children introduction iñaki urdangarín jack brooksbank juan carlos king king felipe and queen letizia current events king philippe lady louise mountbatten-windsor letizia meghan markle modernization monaco northampton osborn porphyria prince charles prince daniel prince harry prince harry of wales prince nicholas prince of belgium princess alexia princesses princess louise prince william queen mary of teck quizz royal royal ancestry royal geneology royal wedding sarah ferguson savoy saxony state visit surname swedish royal family swedish royal registry the crown titles uk styles visit from sweden wedding windsor castle windsor wedding



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:52 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises