The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-10-2018, 04:32 AM
Royal Highness

It just seems so pointless, what is the point of this website? To promote herself it seems, stick to instagram I'd say!

Old 08-10-2018, 08:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
Wow. I can't believe I used to admire her. The website just reeks of narcissism.
i too liked tessy a lot, but all this self-promotion is becoming a bit much. i am starting to doubt if she does all her 'humanitarian' work because she cares or because of the personal benefit it has for her and her profile. proof of this is that she is totally inconsistent across her channels: for example, in this interview she is asked:

"You support lots of
charities: which cause is
closest to your heart?
Any cause that involves young
adolescents because they are the
future of our society"

yet, in her website, there is no mention of young adolescents or anything like it. how can it be the cause closest to her heart when she doesn't even feature it on her website? it would seem to me that any cause that attracts public and media attention will be the one 'closest to her heart'.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:45 AM
Serene Highness

So true. It is unfortunate that she has gone this route, and it's very off-putting. The simple fact of the matter is, if it weren't for the title that came with marrying Prince Louis, she wouldn't be asked to speak in any of these events. These titles she bestows on herself are also strange--"philanthropist", "activist", "humanitarian"-- those are titles that have to be earned, and titles bestowed on somebody by others. The way she's doing things is simply cringe-worthy. She has to earn her stripes first, to deserve those titles by researching thoroughly the causes she supports and approaching them with more sincerity, rather than just some tools for her to help her build her brand.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I find it odd that she has tagged various fan accounts in the photo, as royals and celebrities don't tend to tag fan accounts as such in photos on Instagram. It's nice that she interacts with fan accounts but it just seems strange to tag them in a post to me.

For this sort of adventurers, in 2002 Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands established the Foundation Sigillis Regiis Praesidio (means: "For the Protection of the Royal Seals"). The ownership rights of the royal titles, names, seals, crests, symbols, coat of arms, flags, portrait rights, intellectual properties or even the designation "royal" have been handed over into the ownership of a separate Foundation, under guardianship of a board of three prestigious lawyers.In several lawsuits this Foundation has succesfully intervened against unauthorized use of their properties. Now with Tessy's antics on social media, I feel the Luxembourgers could have been more pro-active...

Old 08-10-2018, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i too liked tessy a lot, but all this self-promotion is becoming a bit much. i am starting to doubt if she does all her 'humanitarian' work because she cares or because of the personal benefit it has for her and her profile. proof of this is that she is totally inconsistent across her channels: for example, in this interview she is asked:

"You support lots of
charities: which cause is
closest to your heart?
Any cause that involves young
adolescents because they are the
future of our society"

yet, in her website, there is no mention of young adolescents or anything like it. how can it be the cause closest to her heart when she doesn't even feature it on her website? it would seem to me that any cause that attracts public and media attention will be the one 'closest to her heart'.
I agree with this. As I mentioned last night, I thought the way she tagged fan accounts was rather attention-seeking too, as if to say "look everyone, these people at least love me". I know this probably sounds nitpicky, but the whole thing just seems attention-seeking for me. I'm getting a bit tired of how she feels the need to promote herself as a philanthropist and a humanitarian all the time, on every social media platform. Interesting to note that most philanthropists and humanitarians don't give themselves the titles and are referred to as such by others after their work has been recognised!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-11-2018, 12:29 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Interesting to note that most philanthropists and humanitarians don't give themselves the titles and are referred to as such by others after their work has been recognised!

Totally agree with this, you have to earn these titles not give them to yourself.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:28 PM
Royal Highness

Tessy would be better keeping her head down and doing some real charity work, finding one thing she is really interested in and focussing on that and making herself well informed and knowledgable about it. If she did that people may refer to her as a humanitarian in time for all her hard work on the chosen issue.

The reality is, Tessy doesn't know what she wants to focus on, she says the right things but when you look at her words properly they are empty, who doesn't want to support young people doing well? Everyone does really! She wants to be able to say she is a humanitarian and philanthropist by simply saying good things. Her work with Professors without Borders was really good but then came all the other things as well and we stopped hearing as much about it, stop spreading yourself so thin on every new issue Tessy and stick to one.

TBH most people I know would use philanthropist to describe someone who donates a lot of their own money towards a good cause, e.g. Bill and Melinda Gates. Again I wouldn't expect anyone to start calling themselves one.