Prince Louis, Tessy and Family, News & Events 2: April 2017 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the big problem with Tessy is sharing her whole life and divorce story with the world. Even if she is not a gold digger, her constant self-praise, lavish lifestyle, etc., really don't help her at all. If she wanted to raise awareness of some sort, she is failing big at it! She needs to reflect and approach her situation differently, and possibly, more privately.

[....]

Just looking at Tessy's instagram, it is clear that she loves luxury. It's all about parties, gowns, and even tiaras, she's forever dropping names and even calls herself "Tessy from Luxembourg," even though I'm not sure that she is still a princess or can style herself one.

[....]

Tessy is still married to Son Altesse Royale le prince Louis Xavier Marie Guillaume de Luxembourg, prince de Nassau, prince de Bourbon de Parme. As legally wedded wife, she can be addressed with her husband's style and titles, as is the longstanding custom on the Continent. So to be honest: so far Tessy is correct, she is still a princess by marriage and not pretending something or so.

Last edited:
My take is that Tessy dreads falling into oblivion and is hanging on to this for as long as she can.
And if it wasn't for her sons, she would be plain, ordinary Ms. Tessy Antony from Luxembourg (assuming she won't have a title after the divorce).

So in that case I do think that her and Louis's sons are her claim to fame.

My take is that Tessy dreads falling into oblivion and is hanging on to this for as long as she can.
And if it wasn't for her sons, she would be plain, ordinary Ms. Tessy Antony from Luxembourg (assuming she won't have a title after the divorce).

So in that case I do think that her and Louis's sons are her claim to fame.

If that is true, why then not work out, do mediation, kick-start the marriage and look what works and what does not work? For a so-called gold digger and "holding to titles" it is strange she requested the divorce. (I believe it was her initiative?). So I am not sure if Tessy really clings to royal status. It is sad that she and Louis could not find a middle way.

Tessy is still married to Son Altesse Royale le prince Louis Xavier Marie Guillaume de Luxembourg, prince de Nassau, prince de Bourbon de Parme. As legally wedded wife, she can be addressed with her husband's style and titles, as is the longstanding custom on the Continent. So to be honest: so far Tessy is correct, she is still a princess by marriage and not pretending something or so.

True but she styles herself as Tessy Antony, princess of Luxembourg (and several other combinations). Had she consistently used her official title (only) and waited with returning to (instead of including) her maiden name when the divorce will be granted it would have been different.

It is true that she is still a princess by marriage. However, under the bylaws of the House of Nassau since 1995, wives are not entitled to be addressed with their husbands' styles and titles unless the marriage occurred with the written consent of the Grand Duke. As a consequence, Tessy was "only" Mrs. Tessy de Nassau until her title was conferred in 2009, despite being married to a prince.

Decree 21 September 1995 concerning royal titles in Luxembourg
Family Bylaws Concerning the House Law of the House of Luxembourg-Nassau
It's Official: No Title for Tessy

Last edited:
If that is true, why then not work out, do mediation, kick-start the marriage and look what works and what does not work? For a so-called gold digger and "holding to titles" it is strange she requested the divorce. (I believe it was her initiative?). So I am not sure if Tessy really clings to royal status. It is sad that she and Louis could not find a middle way.

We don't know whether they have tried all of this, and maybe she has gradually come to realize what she is going to lose - despite being the one to initiate the divorce?

That happens more often and sometimes middle way doesn't work. Either party can say "it's my way or the highway" - up to the judge to decide whose way. And hers wasn't chosen.

In any case, her social media attitude is not helping her at all and it is my take that she is playing the pity party. If she was really so strong and independent and I don't know what else she claims, she wouldn't feel the need to emphasize on having two princes as sons.

She's just a very different Tessy. Affected by the marriage or by the pending divorce, who knows.

And, as Somebody pointed out, using a plethora of names doesn't help either.

Tessy has updated her LinkedIn. According to that she ended her job at Vice Media now in January. And is now Partner at Finding Butterflies Consulting.
"I am excited to announce the launch of my own little consultancy. After years of accumulating experience as an employee I decided this year to start my own venture. The work I deliver is bespoke and tailored to the specific needs of my client which are often governments, institutions and individuals - often women. I have always enjoyed a challenge and this new venture is definitely a very exciting new development."
Tessy Antony de Luxembourg - Partner - Finding Butterflies Consulting _ LinkedIn

:previous:
What kind of consultations is Tessy planning to provide? What governments may hire her? One still wonders what prompted Tessy to quit a well-paid job in trying times.

Last edited:
Probably along the lines of the work she has been doing. Its not that unusual for someone who has worked in business, starting their own firm. Allows them flexibility to work on projects they are interested in. She has a good background working with the UN, and professors without borders. She likely would get consulting work with some major non-profits and such.

Had it been announced that she had a TV series before? I don't remember it.

Had it been announced that she had a TV series before? I don't remember it.

Tessy wrote to her Instagram about the TV series: "still secret will be wonderful. Takes another few months until the press statement is made"

Tessy wrote to her Instagram about the TV series: "still secret will be wonderful. Takes another few months until the press statement is made"

Why bother with a press statement, when you have Tessy busy publicising!!

I think the big problem with Tessy is sharing her whole life and divorce story with the world.

Agreed, but social media has lured millions of the world's most self-absorbed people into sharing personal information that may backfire on them. There are legions of tessies out there...

Interesting that Tessy still uses "Princess Tessy of Luxembourg" on her WEF delegate passes - I guess it probably gets her more access than if she was Tessy de Nassau or Tessy Antony

The microphone she was holding said Swedish Lunch which appears to be some sort of fringe event at Davos
https://www.swedishlunch.com/

Dear Lord why on earth is Tessy Attention...I mean Antony at Davos?

Well, I guess she has worked in a variety of business consulting positions and is now a "patron" of the UNA-UK. And is technically still a Princess soon to be ex princess, which does open doors.

Whether or not she'd be there without the latter is a question but I can see why she'd be there now. I'm kind of fascinated about what her TV series will be. I hope it's not something along the lines "I used to be a Princess - The Next Chapter"

Upcoming TV series ,hopefully she will keep her sons out of it ,her 15 minutes is well and truly up!

I wondered when we'd get a TV series on Tessy and am surprised we haven't had one already! I would be interested to know what Louis and her sons really make of all of this. Of course we don't know who initiated the divorce, though if I were him or a relative/close friend of his I'd be feeling pretty uncomfortable and annoyed at this point.

Interesting, hasn't Tessy claimed her and Martha Louise (also there) are friends

Upcoming TV series ,hopefully she will keep her sons out of it ,her 15 minutes is well and truly up!

Agreed. I was just thinking about that hopefully her TV series isn't a reality-TV of her life, where she shows also her sons as much as she shows them at her social media.

I imagine if she were to include the boys that Louis and his family would intervene.

Well, I guess she has worked in a variety of business consulting positions and is now a "patron" of the UNA-UK. And is technically still a Princess soon to be ex princess, which does open doors.

Whether or not she'd be there without the latter is a question but I can see why she'd be there now. I'm kind of fascinated about what her TV series will be. I hope it's not something along the lines "I used to be a Princess - The Next Chapter"

I'd imagne that the terms of her divorce would forbid her doing any kind of tell all TV stuff or the sort of programme that would make it appear that she was "now an ordinary working mum, after being a Princess....:

It would be nice if Tessy "mother-of-two-princes" Antoni would take her own advice and "stay kind". Her posts on social media have not been universally flattering about the paternal family of her children.

Tessy is trying to cling on to her royal status with every fingernail that she has, rather disappointing for a "self-empowered woman" as she claims to be.

The Lux. court/ GD family must be rather unhappy with the spectacle that she has made of herself and -by extension- of them. Meddling in the business of other royal families may be the very last thing that these people want to do. It must be utterly embarrasing to have a (former) daughter-in-law who is -IMHO- abusing her title for personal gain, especially as she does it so very publicly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom