Prince Louis, Tessy and Family, News & Events 2: April 2017 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your post is interesting Britters. It seems to me that this is a bit of a generational thing. Many people who are growing up in the modern social media age don't seem to have the same feeling about posting family members/children as those who are a little older.

I fall into the 'didn't even have computers when I was growing up' generation, so find it good to remember that my way (never post photos or actual imformation about myself, don't use much in the way of social media) is not necessarily the way things are for younger people today.

Publishing too often on social media can influence childrens' opinions of self image (over inflate it's importance) and it can, at times, seem like gloating to onlookers.
To me, Tessy needs to covert her private life more.

There is a huge difference between posting pictures for all to see or making them available to (close) friends and family members. I'd say most of the backlash comes from the perception that Tessy is using her children to promote herself.

I post photos of my children regularly. And I know plenty of woman who like to show off their "spoils", is it always attractive, no? But Lord, reading through this thread it sounds like she's a monster. And to be fair, some people LIKE celebrity and attention. And she can bring a lot of attention to her own charities and causes.

I agree that with the divorce as messy and lengthy as it is, perhaps posting so much of the boys is inviting trouble. But they're her children and her pride, and in the end, they're probably what's getting her through this.

I totally agree :flowers:

Honestly any mothers under the age of 40, their social media likely looks like this. The vision of mother's social media should be the 'soccer mom' social media full of finger painting, and baking cookies, and car pools is a laugh. Yep moms enjoy wine and shopping, and have a social life often. It is nothing different then any of my friends and what they post on their walls. And some of them are soccer moms by day. The reality is Tessy is a 30 something year old mom in the 21st century. Just because she WAS married into the royal family, doesn't mean she has to continue to live in the time vacuum that is the royal family.

Its not as if she is using her kids to sell her products, or the company she is working for. People may be shocked to realize that many NORMAL parents actually use their children in their business. I have friends who sell Monat (hair products) and kids clothes on line. And guess who they use to model them on social media???

Tessy isn't doing this. She is posting pictures of her with her kids going for a walk or reading together. Nothing different then the rest of us. Considering many parents post baby pictures on toilets and in bath tubs of their kids, her sons are actually quite lucky.

Tessy has established a career and a charity place during her marriage. And she shouldn't have to give it up in the divorce. Who does that benefit? The charity? No, they would lose the publicity. Her sons? No, because that money helps pay for their lifestyle. Tessy? No. Would she be happier or more fulfilled hiding away in the country, living off what ever alimony the royals throw her way?? Highly doubt it.

Have any royal exes done diferent? Diana, Alexandra, Sarah?? No. Honestly if social media existed when Diana was alive, I think she would have been a fan of it.

It's most definitely a generational thing. But Tessy's IG account looks like mine and any number of my friends pages. Overflowing with kids and girls nights out and date nights with my husband.

And honestly, if the Family took issue with her posting images of her children, lawyers would step in. The truth is, she's not doing anything to harm her children or profit off of them. She's living her life and they are very much a part of it. I don't know much of the media coming out, surrounding the divorce, but perhaps her sharing of the kids is to show they are flourishing and not miserable as the proceedings continue to drag on. Or maybe she just likes to share. I don't see anything wrong with it, either way.

It's most definitely a generational thing. But Tessy's IG account looks like mine and any number of my friends pages. Overflowing with kids and girls nights out and date nights with my husband.

And honestly, if the Family took issue with her posting images of her children, lawyers would step in. The truth is, she's not doing anything to harm her children or profit off of them. She's living her life and they are very much a part of it. I don't know much of the media coming out, surrounding the divorce, but perhaps her sharing of the kids is to show they are flourishing and not miserable as the proceedings continue to drag on. Or maybe she just likes to share. I don't see anything wrong with it, either way.

But likely the photos of your children in your Instagram aren't watched, copied, modified and re-posted to people's social media and blogs by thousands of people around the world, like the photos of Louis and Tessy's sons.

Tessy is the Brand Ambassador of House of Life London, which makes organic skincare.
Inside the House _ House of Life London

Tessy was at the event of House of Life London yesterday
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bikg9IJFrPG/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

But likely the photos of your children in your Instagram aren't watched, copied, modified and re-posted to people's social media and blogs by thousands of people around the world, like the photos of Louis and Tessy's sons.

Exactly this; and that's the main reason behind my thoughts on the matter.

Whilst I do agree that generational issues are a factor; I don't think it's completely a generational thing as I'm a student and have social media myself, as do many of my peers, but I have an account with quite a large following (not as much as Tessy, of course) and try to refrain from posting anything that's too personal. Whilst I do know a lot of people who share as much as Tessy, I also know an equal amount of people who hate social media or who don't post a lot. Even on my personal account, I tend not to overshare. It's just my personal preference and I think that is what the mixed opinions on Tessy's posting style boils down to.
You do make a good point about legal involvement though.

cant she send her a card or call her Up???/

cant she send her a card or call her Up???/

No reason to believe she didn't do that too; my FB is full today of mother's day posts, doesn't mean they don't visit/call their mum personally :flowers:

So what is the situation of Tessy's title? The first Royal Watcher interview referred to her as "the Princess" but then also "Tessy Antony" elsewhere.

I don't think an interview with Tessy is that exclusive nowadays, she gives them every month :whistling:

:lol:

Skimmed through the interview and wow, this part about her use of social media--

“Loads of people approach me for guidance. If my public profile can accommodate this need and if my answers can help a young person to make an important decision for his or her life then that’s worth my time. Of course, some people criticise, and that’s ok. It is often their own insecurities or jealousies or quite frankly just because they are bored and like to talk about other people to distract themselves from their own issues. I have no problem with that as these side effects of social media are not mine and don’t affect my life at all. Quite frankly, often young people ask me about guidance due to cyberbullying and how they can possibly cope with their peers and peer pressure.”

She doesn't seem to have a lot of self awareness and sorry to say but sounds frankly so full of herself with an overinflated sense of self importance. I havent seen her provide sensible guidance to anybody through her social media, so not sure what she is on about? Would be happy to be provided with links otherwise though. Plus saying something does not affect her life yet responding to it means it does, and she is affected, especially as someone who seems to need a lot of validation. The more she talks, the less I like her and I used to be a fan who rooted for her.

moby, that interview indeed sounds rather defensive and does the exact opposite of what she says: if she talks about not being disturbed by the comments on social media which criticise, it is because she is. if she weren't she wouldn't resort to an interview to make this clear - she'd just get on with her life.

i like tessy, but i am starting to think she is losing her plot post divorce.

No reason to believe she didn't do that too; my FB is full today of mother's day posts, doesn't mean they don't visit/call their mum personally :flowers:

I don't understand all this. If you have friends and family, you talk to them, send them presents and cards, write or email... visit them. YOu don't need to tell everyone you're doing it...

it seems she is "guiding" all her instagram followers to a photo of her with prince Harry. Of course to wish the prince a happy wedding & perhaps to "guide" her flock to greener pastures, NOT because she wants her followers to know that she hang out with him.

She seems to be so full of herself, it would be comical if it weren't sad. At one point she must realise that there is the danger that the bubble will burst.

Last edited:
Sadly I think her bubble is bursting. I would have liked to know more about her, as I was pleased to see a girl from a modest background seemingly fitting in so well to a new life in the RF, but she seems to be way off the wall since her separation. I think a lot of people are getting fed up with her...

I think she is living in the now, she has a certain level of "fame" or "pull" as an ex members of a European RF. Sadly though she is burning bridges fast, with her former in-laws and family and people who use to like her. In a decade or so she will regret having been so outspoken, yes she is probably making a few ££ out of it now, but wouldn't you really rather have a good relationship with 1/2 of your kids family than a few extra ££?

moby, that interview indeed sounds rather defensive and does the exact opposite of what she says: if she talks about not being disturbed by the comments on social media which criticise, it is because she is. if she weren't she wouldn't resort to an interview to make this clear - she'd just get on with her life.

i like tessy, but i am starting to think she is losing her plot post divorce.

I agree. Tessy seemed to be defending herself against the critics in the interview. I always feel like I end up saying this time and time again; but she should know by now that ignoring negativity is the best policy for someone in the media spotlight. If all the royals started responding to negativity surrounding them it would get rather exhausting. I'm finding it so hard to continue to be a fan of Tessy recently; the divorce seems to be having a particularly negative effect on her. Like others I used to root for her but she, to be blunt, comes across as rather attention-seeking now by constantly airing her inner thoughts on social media and in interviews. It makes her more vulnerable to verbal attacks now that the media know they can hurt her. It's a bit like school bullying - the less one shows they are hurt by negativity the more they are left alone as it won't have an affect without feelings.

Last edited:
I have to agree with the above opinions, Tessy became repetitive.

So what is the situation of Tessy's title? The first Royal Watcher interview referred to her as "the Princess" but then also "Tessy Antony" elsewhere.

Luxarazzi was told by the grand-ducal court that Princess Tessy's title and predicate would follow the family bylaws. With the bylaws, her titles and predicate will be lost upon divorce, but assuming that she remains the legal wife of Prince Louis, she is still HRH Princess of Luxembourg, her family name is legally still "of Nassau", and she is still a member of the Grand-Ducal Family.

It's Official: No Title for Tessy
Family Bylaws Concerning the House Law of the House of Luxembourg-Nassau

:previous: Thanks Tatiana Maria. I read somewhere that she was no longer allowed to use her royal title full stop; but that must have been a misunderstanding. This makes more sense.

my understanding, mainly from Luxarazzi, is that once the divorce is official she will no longer be entitled to be Princess and will become either Mrs Tessy Antony or Mrs Tessy de Nassau.

That said Tessy seems to be favouring styling herself Tessy, Princess of Luxembourg in the British custom as seen with Diana, Princess of Wales and Sarah, Duchess of York. However as her titles were granted by the Grand Duke of Luxembourg those rules of Luxembourg have to be followed surely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom