The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 05:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I also don't believe anyone here is particularly singling Tessy out; I think it's purely because Tessy has been so vocal and active online and saying some pretty questionable things relating to the GD family and her divorce etc which irks a lot of us here (myself included). If the situation was reversed and it was Louis posting such comments and acting in such a way; I would question him and disagree with him, too.
I doubt if Louis would behave in such a way... I didn't know much about Tessy, and then heard she was getting a divorce. and since then it has been all her prattling away on social media and making a fuss about things..
If she wants to keep the friendship of the LRF, that's not the way to go about it. And if she isn't interested in remaining royal, why not just shut up talking, and get a job (a proper job) and get on with it?

Old 01-08-2019, 09:46 PM
Majesty

I quite admired Tessy when she and Louis first married. Now I think she is a gold-digger by virtue of her own divorce demands. The LRF has paid for both Louis and Tessy's extensive further education in both the US and the UK, providing accommodation, childcare, study fees, living allowances, etc.

That is no small amount of money involved and they had paid it willingly. Right about the time Tessy is on top of her game, great job, social circle, wardrobe, etc. a petition for divorce is applied for by Tessy in the UK in the belief that wives get a better deal in the UK and that prenups are only in play when both parties agree.

Of course, this was wrong and while the Decree Nisi was granted with little fanfare, the financial settlement had to be agreed upon before a Decree Absolute would be issued. So, since then we have been treated to a social media barrage of Tessy the Humanitarian, Tessy and Charity, all of which include couture gowns and flying all over Europe. Tessy with a 75,000 pa salary.

Then comes the supposedly final court case for the financial aspect and Tessy plays the loving mother representing herself, who has given up her job and expects the Court to order the LRF to give her the family home and car and continue to support her in the manner to which she has become accustomed which, since she no longer has a job, means living in style in that lovely house.

But, where is Louis in all this, has he been her trenchant enemy? No, when questioned he has supported her and railed against the gold-digger label attached to his wife. However, since the Decree Nisi, he left his job and relocated to France (probably to reassess his life and start over). Not surprisingly he chose to move into the "Family" owned property where his sister is also residing. Nobody is better than family when life zings you unexpectedly.

But, while Tessy was all over social media bragging about her wonderful achievements, job and accomplishments, using her children as props, Louis said and did nothing to publically hit back IMO to protect his children from ugly publicity. He got done over like a dog's dinner, his voluntary work with an NGO being seen as him being jobless and living off his family.

So, I despise Tessy. She was given so much, opportunities, lifestyle, two beautiful children, and not only was she not grateful, she disrespects the very people who have made this all possible. Now she is packing a hissy fit because the Judge told her he could not (and would not even if he could) order her soon to be ex-husband's family to give her their house, pay for its upkeep, feed and clothe her in style and let her continue to be a Princess. Wow. I really understand how hard done by she is . . . not!

Old 01-09-2019, 07:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Curiously they were 2 Events in Luxembourg.
A picture of the whole family without grand children because the 2 boys of Prince Louis were not there , the 2 girls of Prince Felix were not on the picture.
For Grand Duke Jean 's Birthday , the Tessy most beloved Member of the Grand Ducal Family , the two boys were again with Tessy .
Without GrandChildren the Grand Duchess MT took her 2 dogs on her knees.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I doubt if Louis would behave in such a way... I didn't know much about Tessy, and then heard she was getting a divorce. and since then it has been all her prattling away on social media and making a fuss about things..
If she wants to keep the friendship of the LRF, that's not the way to go about it. And if she isn't interested in remaining royal, why not just shut up talking, and get a job (a proper job) and get on with it?
Yes, Louis has always seemed to be a more reserved and private person, hence why the "if" of my post was used in a hypothetical sense
Agree with you about Tessy though. I liked her and admired her before all this debacle, though now she's becoming one of my least favourite "royals".

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-09-2019, 08:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I quite admired Tessy when she and Louis first married. Now I think she is a gold-digger by virtue of her own divorce demands. The LRF has paid for both Louis and Tessy's extensive further education in both the US and the UK, providing accommodation, childcare, study fees, living allowances, etc.

That is no small amount of money involved and they had paid it willingly. Right about the time Tessy is on top of her game, great job, social circle, wardrobe, etc. a petition for divorce is applied for by Tessy in the UK in the belief that wives get a better deal in the UK and that prenups are only in play when both parties agree.

Of course, this was wrong and while the Decree Nisi was granted with little fanfare, the financial settlement had to be agreed upon before a Decree Absolute would be issued. So, since then we have been treated to a social media barrage of Tessy the Humanitarian, Tessy and Charity, all of which include couture gowns and flying all over Europe. Tessy with a 75,000 pa salary.

Then comes the supposedly final court case for the financial aspect and Tessy plays the loving mother representing herself, who has given up her job and expects the Court to order the LRF to give her the family home and car and continue to support her in the manner to which she has become accustomed which, since she no longer has a job, means living in style in that lovely house.

But, where is Louis in all this, has he been her trenchant enemy? No, when questioned he has supported her and railed against the gold-digger label attached to his wife. However, since the Decree Nisi, he left his job and relocated to France (probably to reassess his life and start over). Not surprisingly he chose to move into the "Family" owned property where his sister is also residing. Nobody is better than family when life zings you unexpectedly.

But, while Tessy was all over social media bragging about her wonderful achievements, job and accomplishments, using her children as props, Louis said and did nothing to publically hit back IMO to protect his children from ugly publicity. He got done over like a dog's dinner, his voluntary work with an NGO being seen as him being jobless and living off his family.

So, I despise Tessy. She was given so much, opportunities, lifestyle, two beautiful children, and not only was she not grateful, she disrespects the very people who have made this all possible. Now she is packing a hissy fit because the Judge told her he could not (and would not even if he could) order her soon to be ex-husband's family to give her their house, pay for its upkeep, feed and clothe her in style and let her continue to be a Princess. Wow. I really understand how hard done by she is . . . not!
Absolutely agree with you. To me, Tessy is a gold digger as the press initially suggested. Let me note that while it does take "two to tango," and Louis did get Tessy pregnant, we have to ask ourselves who had everything to gain and who had everything to lose with this pregnancy?

Just looking at Tessy's instagram, it is clear that she loves luxury. It's all about parties, gowns, and even tiaras, she's forever dropping names and even calls herself "Tessy from Luxembourg," even though I'm not sure that she is still a princess or can style herself one.

I use to like Tessy. To me, she was a poor girl that had proven to the royal family that she could become polished and refined, but lately, she has unsheathed her claws and is proving those that didn't want her in the first place were right! Very sad.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the big problem with Tessy is sharing her whole life and divorce story with the world. Even if she is not a gold digger, her constant self-praise, lavish lifestyle, etc., really don't help her at all. If she wanted to raise awareness of some sort, she is failing big at it! She needs to reflect and approach her situation differently, and possibly, more privately.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Louis will attend the Kagami Biraki 2019 festival on January 13. He is patron of the Luxembourg Federation of Martial Arts since 2010.

Source: Agenda - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg
Old 01-13-2019, 12:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayarena View Post

[....]

Just looking at Tessy's instagram, it is clear that she loves luxury. It's all about parties, gowns, and even tiaras, she's forever dropping names and even calls herself "Tessy from Luxembourg," even though I'm not sure that she is still a princess or can style herself one.

[....]
Tessy is still married to Son Altesse Royale le prince Louis Xavier Marie Guillaume de Luxembourg, prince de Nassau, prince de Bourbon de Parme. As legally wedded wife, she can be addressed with her husband's style and titles, as is the longstanding custom on the Continent. So to be honest: so far Tessy is correct, she is still a princess by marriage and not pretending something or so.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:43 PM
Serene Highness

My take is that Tessy dreads falling into oblivion and is hanging on to this for as long as she can.
And if it wasn't for her sons, she would be plain, ordinary Ms. Tessy Antony from Luxembourg (assuming she won't have a title after the divorce).

So in that case I do think that her and Louis's sons are her claim to fame.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
My take is that Tessy dreads falling into oblivion and is hanging on to this for as long as she can.
And if it wasn't for her sons, she would be plain, ordinary Ms. Tessy Antony from Luxembourg (assuming she won't have a title after the divorce).

So in that case I do think that her and Louis's sons are her claim to fame.
If that is true, why then not work out, do mediation, kick-start the marriage and look what works and what does not work? For a so-called gold digger and "holding to titles" it is strange she requested the divorce. (I believe it was her initiative?). So I am not sure if Tessy really clings to royal status. It is sad that she and Louis could not find a middle way.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Tessy is still married to Son Altesse Royale le prince Louis Xavier Marie Guillaume de Luxembourg, prince de Nassau, prince de Bourbon de Parme. As legally wedded wife, she can be addressed with her husband's style and titles, as is the longstanding custom on the Continent. So to be honest: so far Tessy is correct, she is still a princess by marriage and not pretending something or so.
True but she styles herself as Tessy Antony, princess of Luxembourg (and several other combinations). Had she consistently used her official title (only) and waited with returning to (instead of including) her maiden name when the divorce will be granted it would have been different.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It is true that she is still a princess by marriage. However, under the bylaws of the House of Nassau since 1995, wives are not entitled to be addressed with their husbands' styles and titles unless the marriage occurred with the written consent of the Grand Duke. As a consequence, Tessy was "only" Mrs. Tessy de Nassau until her title was conferred in 2009, despite being married to a prince.

Decree 21 September 1995 concerning royal titles in Luxembourg
Family Bylaws Concerning the House Law of the House of Luxembourg-Nassau
It's Official: No Title for Tessy
Old 01-13-2019, 03:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
If that is true, why then not work out, do mediation, kick-start the marriage and look what works and what does not work? For a so-called gold digger and "holding to titles" it is strange she requested the divorce. (I believe it was her initiative?). So I am not sure if Tessy really clings to royal status. It is sad that she and Louis could not find a middle way.

We don't know whether they have tried all of this, and maybe she has gradually come to realize what she is going to lose - despite being the one to initiate the divorce?

That happens more often and sometimes middle way doesn't work. Either party can say "it's my way or the highway" - up to the judge to decide whose way. And hers wasn't chosen.

In any case, her social media attitude is not helping her at all and it is my take that she is playing the pity party. If she was really so strong and independent and I don't know what else she claims, she wouldn't feel the need to emphasize on having two princes as sons.

She's just a very different Tessy. Affected by the marriage or by the pending divorce, who knows.

And, as Somebody pointed out, using a plethora of names doesn't help either.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Tessy has updated her LinkedIn. According to that she ended her job at Vice Media now in January. And is now Partner at Finding Butterflies Consulting.
"I am excited to announce the launch of my own little consultancy. After years of accumulating experience as an employee I decided this year to start my own venture. The work I deliver is bespoke and tailored to the specific needs of my client which are often governments, institutions and individuals - often women. I have always enjoyed a challenge and this new venture is definitely a very exciting new development."
Tessy Antony de Luxembourg - Partner - Finding Butterflies Consulting _ LinkedIn
Old 01-20-2019, 09:23 PM
Majesty

What kind of consultations is Tessy planning to provide? What governments may hire her? One still wonders what prompted Tessy to quit a well-paid job in trying times.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:34 PM
Majesty

Probably along the lines of the work she has been doing. Its not that unusual for someone who has worked in business, starting their own firm. Allows them flexibility to work on projects they are interested in. She has a good background working with the UN, and professors without borders. She likely would get consulting work with some major non-profits and such.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Tessy on Economic Forum in Davos:

"Such a fabulous day 1 so far at @worldeconomicforum practicing my broadcasting skills for my upcoming TV series"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs-PP9Blzh7/
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs-423glCVe/

Tessy today last day in Davos

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtDvRKyFepg/

Tessy attend at the Gala "Arabian Nights" in Davos on 23 January hosted by the Sheikh Salman Bin Khalifa Al Khalifa

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtGGLnWFuvj/

Gala "Arabian night" à Davos - Noblesse & Royautés
Old 01-25-2019, 11:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Tessy today last day in Davos

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtDvRKyFepg/
Oh dear! Is she now going to be pontificating on Innovative Finance?
Old 01-25-2019, 11:37 AM
Aristocracy

Had it been announced that she had a TV series before? I don't remember it.

Closed Thread