Prince Louis, Tessy and Family, News & Events 2: April 2017 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I understand the spousal support has already been set.

I don't know why she would ask the continued upkeep of the children and their boarding school fees, extra-curriculum activities, etc. I would assume that Louis would pay for that anyway.

I must say, I am still shocked that there was no prenup.

:previous: It would not have mattered if they had as Prenuptial Agreements are not binding in the UK although if they are fair and both parties are happy they are inclined to follow the spirit of the prenup.

The children's upkeep, education, etc. was taken care of by the family anyway and that was never going to change.

Weʼre raising £12,000 to support Tessy de Nassau’s bicycle ride to benefit Professors Without Borders’ 2019 Summer School Programs
From June 14th to June 15th, 2019 Tessy de Nassau will be participating in Vätternrundan, the largest recreational bicycle ride in the world. Starting and finishing in Motala, Sweden, the course runs 300 kilometres around Lake Vättern. By sponsoring Tessy’s bicycle ride, you will help Professors Without Borders (PROWIBO) improve access to higher education around the world.
Crowdfunding to support Tessy de Nassau’s bicycle ride to benefit Professors Without Borders’ 2019 Summer School Programs on JustGiving

It varies...Antony or de Nassau

Tessy Antony de Luxembourg on Linkedin
Tessy de Nassau on her website
Tessy Antony, Princess de Luxembourg on Twitter
Princess Tessy de Nassau on the recent madimagazine's instagram post about her court experience/upcoming book

She also uses "de Luxembourg" (similar to many other members of the family).

As for her title, the family pact was enacted after she got her title and the exact text of the order granting her title has not been made public, so there is some question about whether she keeps it. Some say it’s possible the pact applies only to those who married in after the current version was adopted, some say it is retroactive. Given the lack of full disclosure, reasonable minds can disagree.

The grand-ducal court answered the question in February 2017, stating that the rule about divorced wives governs the titles of Princess Tessy and as such she will lose her titles when she is divorced.

It's Official: No Title for Tessy

The rule governing ex-wives was already included in a grand-ducal decree of September 21, 1995, and was the reason Prince Jean's first wife Hélène Vestur lost her title Countess of Nassau on divorce.

Decree 21 September 1995 concerning royal titles in Luxembourg
Family Bylaws Concerning the House Law of the House of Luxembourg-Nassau

Her reasoning might be that now she no longer has an income so Louis' parents should provide for her.

:previous: I understand the spousal support has already been set.

According to the judgment, Princess Tessy informed the court on August 29, 2018 about giving notice. The judgment is dated December 4, 2018.

It did not include any spousal support (only a nominal spousal support order to provide her with the right to apply for spousal support over the next six years as a safety net), but it did order her husband to provide her with £8000 per year in child support.

HRH Louis Prince of Luxembourg v HRH Tessy Princess of Luxembourg & Anor (Application for Financial Remedy) [2018] EWFC 77 (04 December 2018)

Has the divorce been ratified yet ? Sorry to ask, but I don't follow Luxembourg news very often.

If the couple is already legally separated, I don't understand why Tessy is still using her royal titles and styles. Coincidentally, I was researching the Nassau Family Pact today for another reason and the text seems to be pretty explicit about ex-wives losing their titles. Am I missing something ?

The couple are neither divorced nor legally separated at the moment. Princess Tessy filed for divorce rather than legal separation, and apparently the decree absolute, the document which would grant the divorce, has not been issued.

Almost. It needs a rubber stamp six weeks after the settlement or some such.

The decree absolute will only be granted if one of the spouses applies for it. The petitioner (Princess Tessy) is required to wait six weeks after the decree nisi and the respondent (Prince Louis) is required to wait three months after the six week period. As the decree nisi was already granted on February 17, 2017, both spouses have the right to apply for a decree absolute. However, reading the judgment, apparently no decree absolute was granted. Perhaps they both wish to wait until all issues are settled.

https://www.gov.uk/divorce/apply-for-a-decree-absolute

Last edited:
It's either in the above document or another document released, Tessy tried to have the Court rule on the title she can use after divorce, but the judge wrote that in wasn't up to the Court to decide, it's up to the Grand Duke, so she tried to slip that issue in and got shot down. Tessy is also considering going to the Court of Appeals over the judge's decision.
I do hope the children were able to spend the Christmas holidays without tension from either parent. Their well being is the most important factor in it all.

Yes, it was in the judgement in 3 iii) "... this court did not have jurisdiction to decide issues concerning the fate of the wife's Royal titles ..."

I also hope the children are having a good holiday despite their parents' situation.

There does appear to be a post-nuptial agreement, at least in regards to the house? The Judge would only vary the time frame to give notice.
90. With respect to the question of a post-nuptial settlement in relation to the former matrimonial home, on behalf of the husband, Mr Ewins did not dispute that the evidence before the court is capable of giving rise to a post nuptial settlement but submits, as does the ADB, that the contents of that settlement must, on the evidence, be limited to a licence to occupy terminable at will or, at most, on reasonable notice.
132. [...] I make an order varying the post nuptial settlement to provide the wife and the children with a licence to occupy the former matrimonial home terminable on six months notice [...]

Since Tessy is considering appealing then she definitely isn't filing for decree absolute anytime soon. From https://www.gov.uk/divorce/apply-for-a-decree-absolute:
If you want a legally binding arrangement for dividing money and property you must apply to the court for this before you apply for a decree absolute.
If Louis is content with the judgment, can he apply for decree absolute even though Tessy may appeal? It's already wayyy past the 6 weeks + 3 months waiting period for a respondent. I'm guessing he won't as that would make Tessy even more upset.

There is a divorce thread, why are we discussing about the divorce in this thread?

But the page is empty....is she so naive as to think people will keep checking back? I assume she means paid advertising roles? She is getting tiring now

But the page is empty....is she so naive as to think people will keep checking back? I assume she means paid advertising roles? She is getting tiring now

I assume she means paid brand/product "ambassador" roles. She wouldn't be in line for any others, except maybe charity roles, which is also possible

Last edited:
Tessy posted her last post for 2018 and wish us with her boys Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2019!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq52v0tF0Sc/
Well, that post on 3rd December wasn't the last, she has posted 16 after that.

She answered to questions again at her Instagram and wrote at one answer "It is difficult at times as a single mum with no support".
https://www.instagram.com/p/Br7GOwolpYN/

Tessy also congratulates her dear friend Lady Kitty
https://www.instagram.com/p/Br7qjDGFgTU/

Well, that post on 3rd December wasn't the last, she has posted 16 after that.

She answered to questions again at her Instagram and wrote at one answer "It is difficult at times as a single mum with no support".

Tessy also congratulates her dear friend Lady Kitty
https://www.instagram.com/p/Br7qjDGFgTU/

She has no job, so can easily move back to Luxembourg where her parents and other family members live nearby if 'family support' truly would be what she is looking for...

It wouldn't surprise me if Tessy moves back to Luxembourg either permanently or part-time with her sons as she seems to naturally be more fond of Luxembourg than London since it's her homeland. However perhaps Luxembourg also reminds her of the divorce which seems to have hit her hard - and Gabriel and Noah are also at school in the UK.

This just makes me angry. I know a few women who has been single mothers with no support. For real, that is. Worrying about finding a place to live, not knowing if they would be able to provide food and clothing for the kids... She's not one of those women.

I have to say, whilst yes she is technically a single mother, she probably leads a lifestyle many single mothers would be hugely jealous of. She has a house, secured until her youngest finishes university, a well paying job earning £75,000 a year (even she has chosen to give it up) and she has the support of their father who loves his kids and his family who will continue to fund the best education money can buy (at a bording school btw so Tessy gets to be child free in the week to live her life without worrying about childcare) and the best medical and health care and travel costs money can buy.
I’m sure a barely coping single mother on a minimum wage job and barely affording her rent would totally relate to Tessy.

She needs to think before she speaks!

It wouldn't surprise me if Tessy moves back to Luxembourg either permanently or part-time with her sons as she seems to naturally be more fond of Luxembourg than London since it's her homeland. However perhaps Luxembourg also reminds her of the divorce which seems to have hit her hard - and Gabriel and Noah are also at school in the UK.

Seems unlikely to me, since the court case revealed that Tessy will have a house at her disposal, worth maximum 1,5 million Pounds, in London, until the children have finished their education.

See ruling 131:
"Finally, as set out above, Mr Leech rightly reminds the court that it has no power to compel the ADB (= Administration des Biens de SAR le Grand-Duc) to enlarge its offer to the wife, which offer involves the purchase of a property in London in the sum of £1.5M with a right to occupy the same until the youngest child finishes his first degree"

https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWFC/HCJ/2018/77.html

Last edited:
I have to say, whilst yes she is technically a single mother, she probably leads a lifestyle many single mothers would be hugely jealous of. She has a house, secured until her youngest finishes university, a well paying job earning £75,000 a year (even she has chosen to give it up) and she has the support of their father who loves his kids and his family who will continue to fund the best education money can buy (at a bording school btw so Tessy gets to be child free in the week to live her life without worrying about childcare) and the best medical and health care and travel costs money can buy.
I’m sure a barely coping single mother on a minimum wage job and barely affording her rent would totally relate to Tessy.

It seems like she never does. She seems to have been acting stupdily ever since her split with her husband, prattling endlessly on social media, makng out she's a hard working ordinary woman yet wanting more and more money.. I didn't know much about her before this divorce but everything I have seen in the past year convinces me that she wasn't suitable as the wife of a Prince, even one leading a farily ordinary life...

Denvill, I agree with you . This is my last post and Amen for this sad affair !

It seems like she never does. She seems to have been acting stupdily ever since her split with her husband, prattling endlessly on social media, makng out she's a hard working ordinary woman yet wanting more and more money.. I didn't know much about her before this divorce but everything I have seen in the past year convinces me that she wasn't suitable as the wife of a Prince, even one leading a farily ordinary life...

I agree. I never paid much attention to her before the divorce proceedings began, and at worst, my opinion her was neutral. In a PR sense she has really not done herself much good with the choices she's made in the last year or so. Even worse, I can't help wondering how all this is impacting her children. She seems to not only lack discretion and dignity, but any sense of how she is coming across.

This just makes me angry. I know a few women who has been single mothers with no support. For real, that is. Worrying about finding a place to live, not knowing if they would be able to provide food and clothing for the kids... She's not one of those women.

Exactly this! I'm sure that some of Tessy's followers are single mothers who are genuinely struggling financially and who are also completely on their own... I would feel quite upset if I were in their position and then read this post from Tessy. It almost sounds boastful; as if she posted that because she's aware that she is much more well off than a lot of single mothers.
If Tessy thinks she's in a financial struggle and struggle in general; then I wouldn't mind struggling too! :whistling: I'm not denying that this has been tough for her, but she's really dramatising how the divorce has affected her and what it's left her with. I wonder how Louis feels about seeing all these posts, considering that he seems to be a relatively private person.

Last edited:
Tessy published at her website new photos of her and the boys, taken again by Hana Noguchi.

She writes:
To honour 2018 and its beauty despite the storm my sons and me have chosen a few images from our private album taken by the amazing Hana Noguchi to celebrate the good things of 2018– our little family and the love we share for each other.
I have personally learned a lot about perception vs reality during my divorce and learned that 2018 is a year where sadly still truth and honour are being replaced by perception and favours. It is a year to remind ourselves that there is a lot to read between the lines if one choses too.
The emphasises is made on the word chose which always makes me smile. Some press prefer to sadly write what sells. Truth does not sell, reality does not sell — it is often ugly lies that sell as it only helps the reader to divert away from his or her own misery and fantasize about other peoples made up difficulties. We do not judge you...
New Pictures by Hana Noguchi _ Tessy de Nassau

Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/Br_F4xoFXlR/

"despite the storm":ermm:

Everything comes back to how hard she has it doesn't it? I hope her New Year's resolution is to finally put the past behind her and to start looking forward without always mentioning her ex, her divorce or her being a "single mother". She posted on instagram recently a quote from Elizabethe Gilbert which goes:

“The women I love and admire for their strength and grace did not get that way because sh*t worked out. They got that way because sh*t went wrong and they handled it. They handled it a thousand different ways on a thousand different days, but they handled it. Those women are my superheroes."

At the moment I don't think Tessy is handling her sh*t. I would absolutely love to see her come off social media for a prolonged time - a month or so and I think it would make her a much better, happier person.

Is there really any need to use that sort of expression in public?

Well I don't think its particularly appropriate but Tessy obviously sees it as so

She's obviously still wallowing in the "poor me's" while posting photographs showing that the life she and her sons are living is hardly one of deprivation. Not only is her sense of proportion out of whack, she's not doing herself any good by implying that favors somehow had something to do with with her situation. Is that a hit at the judge in her divorce? It sounds like it to me, and that is never a wise thing to imply.

Why does Tessy so badly need to involve her son in most messages she presents in all kinds of outlets? She keeps speaking not just in her own name but also in her sons' names ("we do not judge you", did she really discuss with Gabriel and Noah whether they judged or did not judge people who read and comment on stories about their mother's public divorce that she keeps sharing about?).

I wonder how the boys will look back on all of this in 10 years time. It is hard to imagine that they will be happy with especially the public part of their mother's behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom