Prince Louis, Princess Tessy and Family, Current Events 1: March 2007 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my favourite Princesses... likeable and pretty !

It seems to me that she has a really good accent. What do English speaking people think ????

I really admire Tessy. When her and Louis welcomed their first child I'm sure few people could have predicted what an intelligent, clear thinking lady she would be. Using her title and profile for good and to further the opportunities of others.

As an aside, on her Instagram she posted a photo of 'her aunt princess Mabel of Holland'. Does anyone know why she would refer to her as an aunt?

I agree with you. I, too, admire Tessy. She has gone from literally being the roughest stone around to a polished diamond. Although she comes from a very humble background [all that one has to do is to look at her family in various photographs], she is now poised, confident, elegant and quite pretty. She is literally the ugly duckling who became a swan.

fab trip for tessy - it looks like she will be teaching 'International Organisations'.

http://www.professorswithoutborders.uk/#!summer-school/galleryPage

her bio is also on their website:
http://www.professorswithoutborders.uk/#!team/ServicesPage-bmmaq7o0

Tessy
Tessy de Luxembourg holds an MSc in International Studies and Diplomacy from SOAS and is a fellow at the center for Global Health Security at Chatham House. Tessy works as an ambassador for UNAIDS (Global Advocate for Young Women and Adolescent Girls), and spent five years in the military during which time she was deployed in Yugoslavia and detached to the Luxembourgish Commission and Embassy in Geneva and London.
Tessy actively promotes a number of issues including global health and women’s rights. She is passionate about development and has committed her time and energy to furthering the work of organizations in which she believes. Moreover, she is actively committed to strengthening basic human rights for all and to the empowerment of young women and adolescent girls around the world.
As Director of Logistics, Tessy leads our marketing campaigns. She also contributes to the development of partnerships with schools and organizations in Africa, and teaches a class in Diplomacy and International Organizations in the summer schools in Sierra Leone.
Co-founder of Professors Without Borders; Director of Logistic

I agree with you. I, too, admire Tessy. She has gone from literally being the roughest stone around to a polished diamond. Although she comes from a very humble background [all that one has to do is to look at her family in various photographs], she is now poised, confident, elegant and quite pretty. She is literally the ugly duckling who became a swan.

I really admire Tessy. When her and Louis welcomed their first child I'm sure few people could have predicted what an intelligent, clear thinking lady she would be. Using her title and profile for good and to further the opportunities of others.

As an aside, on her Instagram she posted a photo of 'her aunt princess Mabel of Holland'. Does anyone know why she would refer to her as an aunt?

absolutely! i agree with both of you. tessy has grown into a superb asset for the luxembourgish family. i remember the raised eyebrows when louis and her had a child out of wedlock and what a stir it caused for the catholic grand ducal court of luxembourg. look at her now! a poised, graceful, engaged lady with a loving family of four. ;)

regarding the photo with 'her aunt princess Mabel of Holland': i think it's just a gesture of appreciation and perhaps the fact that they both work on women and gender issues worldwide, so perhaps mabel is a guiding figure, a mentor, or a helping hand for tessy...

Last edited:
Tessy is definitely one of my favorites. I was especially skeptical when she and Louis were first together and got pregnant, I admit it. But over the years, she has furthered her education and applied herself to some wonderful issues. She is such an inspiration to other young woman. Great job Princess Tessy.

Last edited:
Tessy attended at a dinner the First Lady of Sierra Leone hosted for the representatives of Professors Without Borders.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BIYh13mjcEA/?taken-by=tessy_de_luxembourg

At the school
https://www.instagram.com/p/BIYA1G4jMMw/?taken-by=tessy_de_luxembourg
https://www.instagram.com/p/BIX8hdRDNjN/?taken-by=tessy_de_luxembourg

Tessy is on her way back and can soon hug her sons
https://www.instagram.com/p/BIYn26YjXog/?taken-by=tessy_de_luxembourg

Tessy at her Instagram
"I am not the ordinary girl, and definitely not the ordinary picture book 'princess' but I love my life how it is. My family is happy and that's all I am interested in. I will never be the perfect person and I want it to stay like that. Because that's me �� I want to thank you all for your support on my humanitarian work, my engagements, my work in general etc... But please don't forget that it is not me that makes these incredible things possible, it is a whole team, a community of wonderful and skilled people around me that work with me and that I respect and love."
https://www.instagram.com/p/BIaXQScjajW/?taken-by=tessy_de_luxembourg

Last edited:
According to Tessy's Linkedin, she started at DS-48 in May.
https://uk.linkedin.com/in/tessyd

About Tessy and the other staff of DS-48
About Us _ DS-48

Non Exec Director is Jamie Lowther Pinkerton. The firm offers debugging, kidnap and evac response, risk briefings, body guards - how very James Bond!
Good for her though! What an interesting PR job. Concierge Security at your fingertips. More at http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/gap-years-...forces-veterans-launch-app-save-lives-1569460

Last edited:
Good news :flowers: I often forget before kids, marriage and now school,she served in the military, with NATO peacekeeping. Between it and her masters in diplomacy, a good match.

I understand her wish to correct such a story, especially as I am sure she worked hard for her degree -with two children around! However, such matters should not be dealt with in this fashion but by the courts' PR desk. The best reply to most stories in the gutter press is no reply at all.

As for the job: of course she would not have been hired if she was not competent for the job. However, having the last name 'de Nassau' does not hurt ones job perspectives. And considering the wealth of the GDF I would be surprised if during her study she and her husband were not able to afford a cleaning lady, baby sitter etc. and got some help to cover the costs of tuition fees and housing.

Princess Tessy has been very priviliged, esp. considering the fate of so many other young parents who struggle to make ends meet and will find it far, far more difficult to find the resources, support and time needed to persue a degree and a carreer that suits their capabilities. The princess' rant on instagram makes her seem unaware how fortunate she actually has been. Nonetheless it is admirable that the princess decided to develop herself and pursued both a degree and a carreer while she could also play the socialite and do nothing the whole day. It seems that she and her husband were able to form a stable marriage and are doing a great job in raising their children.

Last edited:
i agree marengo. i think this should have been handled by the PR people of the court, rather than by her on instagram. i like tessy a lot, but like you, i get the feel when reading this that she underestimates how lucky she is to have the support of a well connected family in her endeavours as a professional and as a mom.

I agree with Marengo as well.

I am sure she has her own gifts and is very talented, but if that young woman truly believes that doors did not open for her-an unwed mother from an average family, no money and no connections-at least partially because of who her in-laws are, she simply isn't as bright as I believed.

Tessy should have let the Cour handle this. Whatever happened to "dignified silence"?? Is it a thing of the past?:ermm:

Last edited:
Also I think Princess Tessy should have left the matter with the Grand Ducal House. Enough she doesn't mention the subject, and the subject was over there. Everyone knows how that kind of press.

I think she will learn to keep quiet about it in the future. It must sting that people credit her achievements to someone or something else other than her hard work and ambition. We simply don't know how things would have turned out for her had she been married to someone other than a Prince of Luxembourg. I do think it's entirely possible she could have done everything that she has done--she is from Luxembourg after all, I can imagine that a normal citizen from that country would have more or less the same opportunities as someone married to a Royal.

But precisely because discussions like this would come out regardless of whether her in laws have an effect or none to her current achievements is why she should not have ranted on Instagram.

I'm surprised Princess Tessy responded. Tabloids will always fabricate stories, exaggerate trivial matters, or simply promote gossip/negativity.

Perhaps she had a bad day and finding the story was the "straw that broke the camel's back". As a director of communications, she must know when and when not to respond. Tessy is usually quite careful with her posts.

With her background in the Luxembourg Army, Tessy may have joined UNAIDS or similar organizations eventually. However, unexpected pregnancy would alter anyone's plans even in a country like Luxembourg, and I agree with Marengo that Louis and Tessy have advantages other young couples don't have in the same situation.

Very nice and cute couple!
When I noticed there are new posts on this thread and on the thread "Royal Pregnancy Announcements 2016" I thought at once it's they who are expecting a new bundle of joy!
But no...not this time.

great article by tessy. i am glad she wrote it and chose to put herself out there. she could well lead a life 'in the shadows' still retaining her royal privileges and living a 'private life' having the best of both worlds, yet chooses not to do so and use her position for the good of others. go tessy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom