Prince Louis and Tessy Antony are Getting Married: June 20, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read in "Point de Vue" magazine that:
- she has left the army and is working for a humanitarian organization in Geneva; he is doing something similar while still purusing more formal training-education.
- They will get married in a smaller church in/near Luxembourg (not the big cathedral)
- He willingly gave up his right to the throne in an effort to gain more privacy and freedom to pursue different professional avenues.
No details on how big the wedding will be.

My personal opinion: they probably did not plan to be parents so early but if you're old enough to serve in the army and go to war then you're probably old enough to live your life and that includes family responsibilities.

I wonder if the wedding pictures will appear in any magazine like HELLO ?
I know they printed pictures of Gabrial baptisim a couple months back.
And does anyone know if Tessy and Louis will one day move back to luxembourg ??:rolleyes:

altagrace said:
- she has left the army and is working for a humanitarian organization in Geneva; he is doing something similar while still purusing more formal training-education.
- They will get married in a smaller church in/near Luxembourg (not the big cathedral)
- He willingly gave up his right to the throne in an effort to gain more privacy and freedom to pursue different professional avenues.

My personal opinion: they probably did not plan to be parents so early but if you're old enough to serve in the army and go to war then you're probably old enough to live your life and that includes family responsibilities.

I'm sorry to ask but seriously, louis gave up his (and his future descendents) right to the grand duchy throne?

altagrace said:

Little Gabriel was born in March so he is 6 months now. When did Tassy begin to work? It's surprising she is working for humanitarian organization. I mean it's great what she is doing, but I thought that having obviously financial support from Louis' parents she would stay home with a baby. I'm just suprised but of course it's OK. :)

Hi! I was wondering if there's going to be a thread for the wedding or we'll keep posting here?:flowers:

kez_1982 said:
Hi! I was wondering if there's going to be a thread for the wedding or we'll keep posting here?:flowers:

For right now we're going to keep posting in this thread, until the big day anyway.

I know that Tessy and Gabriel are not being given titles in their own right, but does anyone know of anything that would prevent Tessy from using the courtesy title of HRH Princess Louis?

kimebear said:
I know that Tessy and Gabriel are not being given titles in their own right, but does anyone know of anything that would prevent Tessy from using the courtesy title of HRH Princess Louis?

I don't think anything would necessarily prevent her from using the title of HRH Princess Louis, at least in social situations. But officially? I doubt she would use it. If we follow the example of Louis' uncle Prince Jean and his ex-wife Helene Vestur, we see that she was not called HRH Princess Jean- she was Helene, Countess of Nassau.
From what I've read, it doesn't appear that Tessy will even get that- she and the baby will receive the surname Nassau and that's it.

Hmm...and does anybody know if she will wear a tiara?
Because right now there is very strange situation, because LRF is selling family jewels anb between them 3 tiaras- J-C tiara, saphire bracelet tiara and kongo diamond tiara which wore MT, JC and her two daughters on their weddings...

cosidering things thus far, i think it's highly unlikely that tessy'll wear "major" jewlery of any kind.

Does anybody know more about Tessy's background, besides whats on Wikipedia? She seems to be pretty level-headed IMO so I am wondering what her background is-hobbies, education, childhood upbringing etc-or if maybe b/c she will not be titled "princess" she will be able to have her past private life private as opposed to having to move more towards a "public" life, like other women who have married princes from sovereign houses.

suturegeisha said:
I don't think anything would necessarily prevent her from using the title of HRH Princess Louis, at least in social situations. But officially? I doubt she would use it. If we follow the example of Louis' uncle Prince Jean and his ex-wife Helene Vestur, we see that she was not called HRH Princess Jean- she was Helene, Countess of Nassau.
From what I've read, it doesn't appear that Tessy will even get that- she and the baby will receive the surname Nassau and that's it.

A spokesman of the Royal Court confirmed that Tessy and Gabriel will not get Titles. Remember that Hélène and ther children where only created Count/Countess of Nassau in 1994. In the first years of the marriage Hélène and their children had also only the surname Nassau.

Stefan said:
A spokesman of the Royal Court confirmed that Tessy and Gabriel will not get Titles. Remember that Hélène and ther children where only created Count/Countess of Nassau in 1994. In the first years of the marriage Hélène and their children had also only the surname Nassau.

Yes, I know that, I was just pointing out that Helene was not called HRH Princess Jean. :)

I guess this means once Tessy is married to Louis she will be making public appearences with the rest of the family at special events!!!??? and so on.

I'm really looking forward to see pictures of the wedding (sorry my ignorace, but will the wedding be braodcasted in TV? :ermm: )!
Tessy is a beautiful ,young woman. I'm sure she'll look great!
Will their baby attend the ceremony, too? :rolleyes:

Princess_Beatrix said:
I'm really looking forward to see pictures of the wedding (sorry my ignorace, but will the wedding be braodcasted in TV? :ermm: )!
Tessy is a beautiful ,young woman. I'm sure she'll look great!
Will their baby attend the ceremony, too? :rolleyes:
I doubt it will be broadcasted. We'll be lucky to see any photos from the event, unfortunately. I think this wedding is going to be a very low-key, family affair. I should imagine Gabriel would attend.

Alexandria said:
As already discussed in this thread, Gabriel would not have been in the line to the throne regardless of whether his father gave up his succession rights or not, due to the fact that when Gabriel was born his parents were not married and Luxembourg does not have a history of re-legitimizing children.

Also as previously noted, Gabriel is also far down the line of succession if you think that Louis has two older brothers who will eventually have children, putthing them ahead of Louis and Gabriel, putting Gabriel further and further back into the line of succession.

Succession can be a complicated issue and this situation is rather complicated unto itself. It would be helpful if members actually read the very intelligent discussion in this very thread by some very informed members rather than just repeating things based on assumption or things that have already been explained.
I know that Prince Louis and his son Garbiel would be moved farther back in the line of sucession because of those are in front of him and his son but it is still great news that he and his girlfreind will be be husband and wife. :flowers:

Next Star said:
I know that Prince Louis and his son Garbiel would be moved farther back in the line of sucession because of those are in front of him and his son but it is still great news that he and his girlfreind will be be husband and wife. :flowers:

Actually, Louis is pulling himself out of the succession line. He's going to keep his title and everything but he cannot ascend to the throne and neither can Gabriel.

I know that Prince Louis will give his right to the throne being that his son Gabriel will not be included in the line of succession because he was born out of wedlock. Only legitmate decents that parents are married before the child is born can be included in the line of succession.

Congratulations to the couple because they are already married if they did get married on September 18th.

No, the wedding will only take place on the 29th
I wonder if the Belgian cousins and family will be there, I hope so !:)

I wonder the same. Part of me thinks that all the cousins will be there, but since Louis will no longer be in succession it makes me think that there may not be many royal guests, family included.

I thought they were getting married today? Or is it the 23rd? Any pics yet. I know its not a "normal" royal wedding but I assumed they would release an official photo.

Last edited:
that wedding will be 29th september. I think, there will be more photos than from christening (I hope)

I hope so and I hope some images in Place Royale !

sorry i read it was the 18th but all well early wishes then.

Hello everybody

I'm new here. I'm from Luxembourg. Tessy had been with me in a class in a private girlschool...Nearly nobody knows this. She was one of my best friends...
Then she left this private school and went to a public school in Pétange.2004 I was also at the Military Center at Herrenberg and she was lucky to see me again after the couple of years.

So that's my story...
Sorry for this miserable english...

you are kiddingg.. so you were one of tessy's best friends??.. and do you continue seeing her??.. are you invited to their wedding??.. wowwwww... I can't believe it.. lucky you.. well if you ever happen to talk to her... tell her that no matter she and luis have had a child out of wedlock they will be a very happy family and that she shouldn't matter about what people say about her.. and that she is lucky to have such handsom brothers-in-law!! haha.. we all here in the forums congratulate and support her ... and to entre to the forums and post a message for uss!!

Welcome Richie !
You are really a precious asset here
I am looking forward to the wedding next week
I like the young couple very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom