Prince Louis and Tessy Antony are Getting Married: June 20, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, little Marius in Norway is only the elder half-brother of the future queen Ingrid, he is not Haakon's son. But how would the world react if Marius actually was the son of Haakon and Mette-Marit, but born out of wedlock, so his baby sister would be the heiress and not him, even though his parents married later? That would pose so many problems! There are constitutions which allow for a later legitimization of children in case their parents married (like Monaco) and others who don't (Britain). I'm not sure about Luxemburg but wouldn't wonder if it was like in Britain or the former German states.

Luxembourg does not allow for re-legitmatizing children. Monaco is the only state that does that.

I don't think you can compare this to Norway. If Louis was the oldest this might have played out differently. But Gabriel would be 4th in line and by the time he is old enough to understand the situation he would probably be a lot lower down (Gulluimane and Felix would likely have children by that point). If anything this situation is comparable to Prince Friso of the Netherlands. His daughters lost there rights because of the actions of there parents but since they would have been 4th (and then went down after Princess Alexia was born) in didn't really seem to matter. In addition there was a younger brother (Prince Constjain = Prince Felix and Prince Sebestian) and cousins (Princess Margarit and children = Prince Gulluimane and children). So there wasn't a huge out cry over a very hypothetical situation.

Another point if Gabriel was a girl this would all be a moot point because she couldn't succed anyways.

mims111 said:
Henri's brother had to give up his rights to throne because of child out wedding. But then, Henri changed it and he got the title back. So this is for me really mistery :confused:

Henris brother prince Jean never lost his title. He rennounced only his succession rights. In September 1995 Grand Duke Jean created his daughter-in-law and her children Count/Countess of Nassau and in 2004 Grand Duke Henri created his the children of Jean Prince/Princess of Nassau with the style of HRH but not Hélène as she and Jean are divorced.
But Jean was everytime Prince of Luxemburg with the syle of HRH.

So...They will do!After all these talks that they are too young...
Congratulations!!!
I am happy for them and little Gabriel.

congradulations to them all. there is an article about it on hello magazine website for those who have not seen it. it states that he is willingly giving up his right to the throne when they marry on september 29.

Congratulations to the couple! They are doing the right thing for the child I think. Such a quick wedding date though.

that is great. They really are a cute couple. But I hope they don't feel pressured into doing it either.

What can I say? Congratulations and all the happiness to the couple!:flowers: :flowers:
Thay chose right time to announce the marriage, just as everyone calmed down and though they weren't ever going to marry!:lol:
Oh, and congratulations to little Gabriel as well! :)

Article

I read that the date is going to be on September 29 they are going to get marry at the same place that his son gabriel was baptisted, he said that when he says I do he will give up his right to the throne. If you guys go to www.hellomagazine.com there is an article about it there. I congradulate them on a new begining.:flowers:

I would imagine that perhaps GD Henri will bestow a title at least to Gabriel after a fashion. The cautious thing to do would be to wait and see how well the marriage works out and then appraise the situation again. If it indeed was Louis' decision to renounce his claim, it was a very mature thing to do. By doing so, he doesn't put any higher interest in the succession rights of a future child born in wedlock than he does in Gabriel and that is a considerate thing for a father to do. All his children will be equals. I have to believe that he is having some significant say it what is happening, as I don't think his parents can force him to marry Tessy and give up his succession rights if he doesn't want to. Let's hope that Tessy is welcomed into the family warmly, especially by the Grand Duchess who had a terrible relationship with her mother-in-law, that Louis and Tessy have a good marriage and that perhaps at some point she and her son will receive titles when things have calmed down.

Congrats to young couple. :flowers: So, there is the happy end. They are so young, but with support of both families everything hopefully will go well. I think it's very wise decision of them to get married and rise their child together. I also hope Tessy and Louis married because they love each other:) .

I am happy that prince Louis and Tessy are doing the right thing for Gabriel by getting marry but Prince Louis will give up his right to the throne which means that Gabriel will not be a heir to the throne and neither will him. But I am still happy for a while I thought they would not marry or they would marry in near future.

kimebear said:
I would imagine that perhaps GD Henri will bestow a title at least to Gabriel after a fashion. The cautious thing to do would be to wait and see how well the marriage works out and then appraise the situation again. If it indeed was Louis' decision to renounce his claim, it was a very mature thing to do. By doing so, he doesn't put any higher interest in the succession rights of a future child born in wedlock than he does in Gabriel and that is a considerate thing for a father to do. All his children will be equals. I have to believe that he is having some significant say it what is happening, as I don't think his parents can force him to marry Tessy and give up his succession rights if he doesn't want to. Let's hope that Tessy is welcomed into the family warmly, especially by the Grand Duchess who had a terrible relationship with her mother-in-law, that Louis and Tessy have a good marriage and that perhaps at some point she and her son will receive titles when things have calmed down.

Kimbear..what an excellent point. I never thought about it that way. When I first heard he had renounced his rights to the throne, I was somewhat perplexed. But if he thinking as you are...of course it makes sense. Gabriel and andy future children he might have will be equal. And really, thats a bright, mature and fatherly thing to do.

Next Star said:
I am happy that prince Louis and Tessy are doing the right thing for Gabriel by getting marry but Prince Louis will give up his right to the throne which means that Gabriel will not be a heir to the throne and neither will him. But I am still happy for a while I thought they would not marry or they would marry in near future.

As already discussed in this thread, Gabriel would not have been in the line to the throne regardless of whether his father gave up his succession rights or not, due to the fact that when Gabriel was born his parents were not married and Luxembourg does not have a history of re-legitimizing children.

Also as previously noted, Gabriel is also far down the line of succession if you think that Louis has two older brothers who will eventually have children, putthing them ahead of Louis and Gabriel, putting Gabriel further and further back into the line of succession.

Succession can be a complicated issue and this situation is rather complicated unto itself. It would be helpful if members actually read the very intelligent discussion in this very thread by some very informed members rather than just repeating things based on assumption or things that have already been explained.

Last edited:
Danielane said:
I should have precised (sorry, I forgot) that the whole family now bears the name de Nassau, since february 2006. I have the feeling little Gabriel could be given the title of prince de Nassau (the title the children of prince Jean bear).

Did they change their name this year or is this only in relation to Tessy and Gabriel?

Also, does anyone know exactly how old Tessy is at this moment?

Last edited by a moderator:
That is great news, they will make a nice couple, the best whises for them and also for their little baby boy

This is great news, i hope they are happy with their decission.

It seems to be a verry thouthfull decission.

I'm glad to hear such good news, they're a gracious couple.
I hope they really know what they are doing and the marriage isn't forced by
Prince Louis parents, it never works.

:flowers:

I have a question to ask, are little baby Gabriel and Miss Antony going to be
tittled after the wedding?

Let us hope that this marriage will be successful for both of them.

Paula,

I think she's only going to bear the surname De Nassau and Gabriel will have the same surname.

Congratulations Louis, Tessy and Gabriel :)

The Prince seem really young :ermm: , how old is he???

Louis and Tessy are both 20, I think.

I read that too! She was a year older than the prince.

So now they are 20 and 21.But it doesn't matter on age at all :)

Nad25 said:
The Prince seem really young :ermm: , how old is he???

They were both soldiers when they met or not? If they were old enough to risk death and were old enough to give life to a child, they surely are old enough for a relationship. IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom