Prince Louis and Tessy Antony are Getting Married: June 20, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No way, Richie! It's always so exciting to hear from friends of the family (or soon to be family members).

Welcome to the forums!

richie said:
I'm new here. I'm from Luxembourg. Tessy had been with me in a class in a private girlschool...Nearly nobody knows this. She was one of my best friends...
Then she left this private school and went to a public school in Pétange.2004 I was also at the Military Center at Herrenberg and she was lucky to see me again after the couple of years.

So that's my story...
Sorry for this miserable english...

Wow! are you kidding me? that's so great!:lol:

Louis is 'quite the dish' and Tessy seems to have a very friendly face..very charming.

So the wedding is next week? I did not realise it was so soon. I wish them so much happiness :flowers:

I really hope for some pix and the Belgian Royals here too, after all, it is their cousins

Yes, I was one of her best friends, but now the contact has broken:sad:
I have not been invited to her marriage nobody of her old schoolclass...Probably it's holden in a little circle but I work in a country next to where she's getting married so I decided to go there and look.

Well, they might do as they did with helene and family, and wait to see that the marriage is stable and continuing on before granting titles.

Wow. They get married in three days (well, two for them)...I hope it's a pretty wedding.

Best wishes to the young couple on their upcoming wedding.

Is there going to be any pre-wedding dinner or anything like that?

soCal girl said:
Is there going to be any pre-wedding dinner or anything like that?

probably so, but i think that since the wedding seems like it'll be a low key affair, it too shall be for their nearest and dearest

at which hour is the ceremony and the celebration??.. morning and lunch or afternoon and dinner? when is the next palace royale? maby it covers the wedding.. but I don't think any media is acepted.. let us cross our fingers

Only one day to wedding. Now I have the feel, that it will be same quiet ocassion as was christening :sad:

The whole marriage will be showed on TV (rtl Luxembourg) tomorrow evening!

Why the hell do they marry in the church of Gilsdorf and on Friday? :ermm:

I mean normally a Prince marriage should be in the Cathedrale Our Ladies in Luxembourg and be on Saturday! Maybe they think there will be less media interest on Friday and in a small village like Gilsdorf ...

Realistically speaking, this marriage is not going to be as celebrated as the marriages of the other children of the monarch, unless they do the same as Prince Louis. Think about it, he's a royal born who at the age of 20 got his girlfriend pregnant out of wedlock, and he's from a Catholic family. Then, not even a year later when the dust just began to settle, they announce that he's going to get married to the mother of his son (which is good) but he's giving up his and his children's rights to the throne. Though from the family's standpoint he's still a part of the family and he retains his title, he's been effectively demoted and is lower on the importance list.

As much as all of us would like to believe in happily-ever-afters, this marriage isn't exactly the stuff of fairytales or even of socially and religiously acceptable order. Royals from other countries with the possible exception of Belgium are not going to flock to attend and I doubt that the wedding will be a huge bash. Though I wish their marriage success, I don't think that it's going be celebrated as big as other royal weddings.

ok. this is article from wort.lu, but I couldn't provide link, so here is it:
Lëtzebuerg
Hochzeit hinter geschlossenen Türen
Um Punkt 17.00 Uhr soll die kirchliche Zeremonie beginnen.
Letzte Aktualisierung: 28-09-2006 19:25
(yw) - 100.000 Schaulustige wird es nicht geben, wenn sich am Freitag Prinz Louis und die bürgerliche Tessy Antony das Jawort in der Pfarrkirche von Gilsdorf geben. Die Zeremonie findet in einem engen Familienkreis statt - im "cercle familial restreint ", wie der Presse mitgeteilt wurde - und Bilder für das Fernsehen sind nur beim Jawort erlaubt.
So privat die sich Zeremonie auch abspielen wird, so sorgfältig wurde sie auch vorbereitet. Die rund eineinhalbstündige Vermählungszeremonie soll pünktlich um 17.00 Uhr beginnen. Zehn Minuten davor werden Großherzog Henri und sein Vater, Großherzog Jean, sowie die Mutter und Großmutter von Tessy Antony vor der Kirche erwartet. Kurz darauf wird Großherzogin Maria Teresa mit ihrem Sohn Prinz Louis vorfahren. Läuft alles nach Plan, dann kommt pünktlich um 16.58 Uhr die Braut vor der Kirche an, wo sich um 17.00 Uhr die Tür hinter ihr und vor der Presse schließen wird.
Um 18.30 soll das kirchliche Zeremoniell dann zu Ende sein. Nun können auch die Fotografen Bilder vom frischvermählten Paar auf der Kirchentreppe erhaschen, bevor die beiden in den bereitstehenden Hochzeitswagen steigen.
Nachdem ihr erstes Kind am vergangenen 22. April in der Pfarrkirche von Gilsdorf getauft wurde, haben sich Prinz Louis und Tessy Antony auch entschieden, ihre Hochzeit in der Kirche von Gilsdorf zu feiern. Aus Liebe verzichtet Prinz Louis sogar auf den Thronanspruch.

It says, that we get only pics outside of church. It will be very private and small circle of people and they are talking only about parents and about former grand duke Jean.
Now Im really looking forward on it... no one knows what will become.

richie said:
The whole marriage will be showed on TV (rtl Luxembourg) tomorrow evening!

now there's a suprise.... never in a million years could i have forseen an event, i call it an event b/c imo, that's what it is, such as this being turned aorund into a PR banquet. interesting...i say this b/c of the fact that royal houses tend to put their "best faces" forward, so to speak, and something such as this would've been "quietly swept under the rug" as in the case with louis' own uncle.

Since we have the thread in the wedding forum, which Norwegianne has linked to in post 202, I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom