The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 01:57 AM
Courtier

cosidering things thus far, i think it's highly unlikely that tessy'll wear "major" jewlery of any kind.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:57 AM
Aristocracy

Does anybody know more about Tessy's background, besides whats on Wikipedia? She seems to be pretty level-headed IMO so I am wondering what her background is-hobbies, education, childhood upbringing etc-or if maybe b/c she will not be titled "princess" she will be able to have her past private life private as opposed to having to move more towards a "public" life, like other women who have married princes from sovereign houses.

Old 09-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suturegeisha
I don't think anything would necessarily prevent her from using the title of HRH Princess Louis, at least in social situations. But officially? I doubt she would use it. If we follow the example of Louis' uncle Prince Jean and his ex-wife Helene Vestur, we see that she was not called HRH Princess Jean- she was Helene, Countess of Nassau.
From what I've read, it doesn't appear that Tessy will even get that- she and the baby will receive the surname Nassau and that's it.
A spokesman of the Royal Court confirmed that Tessy and Gabriel will not get Titles. Remember that Hélène and ther children where only created Count/Countess of Nassau in 1994. In the first years of the marriage Hélène and their children had also only the surname Nassau.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 09-15-2006, 10:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
A spokesman of the Royal Court confirmed that Tessy and Gabriel will not get Titles. Remember that Hélène and ther children where only created Count/Countess of Nassau in 1994. In the first years of the marriage Hélène and their children had also only the surname Nassau.
Yes, I know that, I was just pointing out that Helene was not called HRH Princess Jean.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:36 AM
Gentry

I guess this means once Tessy is married to Louis she will be making public appearences with the rest of the family at special events!!!??? and so on.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:24 PM
Courtier

I'm really looking forward to see pictures of the wedding (sorry my ignorace, but will the wedding be braodcasted in TV? )!
Tessy is a beautiful ,young woman. I'm sure she'll look great!
Will their baby attend the ceremony, too?
Old 09-16-2006, 08:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Beatrix
I'm really looking forward to see pictures of the wedding (sorry my ignorace, but will the wedding be braodcasted in TV? )!
Tessy is a beautiful ,young woman. I'm sure she'll look great!
Will their baby attend the ceremony, too?
I doubt it will be broadcasted. We'll be lucky to see any photos from the event, unfortunately. I think this wedding is going to be a very low-key, family affair. I should imagine Gabriel would attend.

Old 09-17-2006, 03:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
As already discussed in this thread, Gabriel would not have been in the line to the throne regardless of whether his father gave up his succession rights or not, due to the fact that when Gabriel was born his parents were not married and Luxembourg does not have a history of re-legitimizing children.

Also as previously noted, Gabriel is also far down the line of succession if you think that Louis has two older brothers who will eventually have children, putthing them ahead of Louis and Gabriel, putting Gabriel further and further back into the line of succession.

Succession can be a complicated issue and this situation is rather complicated unto itself. It would be helpful if members actually read the very intelligent discussion in this very thread by some very informed members rather than just repeating things based on assumption or things that have already been explained.
I know that Prince Louis and his son Garbiel would be moved farther back in the line of sucession because of those are in front of him and his son but it is still great news that he and his girlfreind will be be husband and wife.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 09-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Star
I know that Prince Louis and his son Garbiel would be moved farther back in the line of sucession because of those are in front of him and his son but it is still great news that he and his girlfreind will be be husband and wife.
Actually, Louis is pulling himself out of the succession line. He's going to keep his title and everything but he cannot ascend to the throne and neither can Gabriel.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:57 PM
Courtier

I know that Prince Louis will give his right to the throne being that his son Gabriel will not be included in the line of succession because he was born out of wedlock. Only legitmate decents that parents are married before the child is born can be included in the line of succession.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 09-19-2006, 03:23 PM
Nobility

Congratulations to the couple because they are already married if they did get married on September 18th.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

No, the wedding will only take place on the 29th
I wonder if the Belgian cousins and family will be there, I hope so !
Old 09-19-2006, 11:00 PM
Nobility

I wonder the same. Part of me thinks that all the cousins will be there, but since Louis will no longer be in succession it makes me think that there may not be many royal guests, family included.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Administrator

I thought they were getting married today? Or is it the 23rd? Any pics yet. I know its not a "normal" royal wedding but I assumed they would release an official photo.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:51 PM
Serene Highness

that wedding will be 29th september. I think, there will be more photos than from christening (I hope)
Old 09-21-2006, 08:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope so and I hope some images in Place Royale !
Old 09-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Nobility

sorry i read it was the 18th but all well early wishes then.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:11 AM

Hello everybody

I'm new here. I'm from Luxembourg. Tessy had been with me in a class in a private girlschool...Nearly nobody knows this. She was one of my best friends...
Then she left this private school and went to a public school in Pétange.2004 I was also at the Military Center at Herrenberg and she was lucky to see me again after the couple of years.

So that's my story...
Sorry for this miserable english...
Old 09-22-2006, 06:43 PM
Gentry

you are kiddingg.. so you were one of tessy's best friends??.. and do you continue seeing her??.. are you invited to their wedding??.. wowwwww... I can't believe it.. lucky you.. well if you ever happen to talk to her... tell her that no matter she and luis have had a child out of wedlock they will be a very happy family and that she shouldn't matter about what people say about her.. and that she is lucky to have such handsom brothers-in-law!! haha.. we all here in the forums congratulate and support her ... and to entre to the forums and post a message for uss!!
Old 09-22-2006, 06:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Welcome Richie !
You are really a precious asset here
I am looking forward to the wedding next week
I like the young couple very much