The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 10:30 PM
Aristocracy

And we have a lovely royal wedding to look forward to- I suspect even if a private event we will get to see photos, as we did of Gabriel's baptism.

Old 08-27-2006, 11:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
Do you think any members of the Belgium and Dutch royal houses will come?
I think maybe the Belgium members will come 'cuz they are family after all, I bet about Laurent, Claire and Fabiola, not so sure about the others

Old 08-28-2006, 03:54 AM
Royal Highness

How are the belgians and the royals of luxembourg related? Maybe this is a stupid question.

Also, if the marriage is still on by the time Guillaume succeeds the throne, i would say ther would be a high possibility of him giving titles to his brother's children
Old 08-28-2006, 04:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
Do you think any members of the Belgium and Dutch royal houses will come?
I believe they will handle the wedding as a private family affair, the same way they did with the baptism. Louis is so far removed from the throne that he hasn't got much of an official function - so they can keep the wedding toned down.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:33 AM
Nobility

Congrats to the couple - personally i don't feel that they have been pressured into getting married. However they are both very young - i hope it lasts!!!
Old 08-28-2006, 06:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if the fact that Louis didn't marry Tessy as soon as she became pregnant wasn't a way to see if she was just a golddigger.

I mean Louis had to know how unrealistic it is that the succession would ever be his responsibility. But apart from dynastic reasons, which didn't exist in his case, there was no reason to marry nowadays only because of a pregnancy. After all his family has recognized the child, even though it does not have a title. But as can be seen with the Behn children in Norway, there is no need for a title if the family loves the children.

OTOH it makes sense not to marry if there are signs that point to a fast divorce. But after spending the time of the pregnancy and the difficult early days as parents together, I guess both Louis and Tessy have gotten a better or more realistic feeling for the responsibilities and chances of their relationship. And surely Tessy would have shown her true fetahers if she had indeed played for the title of princess or for a quick and financially interesting divorce on becoming pregnant. Obviously, she didn't. She has stayed with Louis and they've shared their responsibilities. Thus, I believe, they decided to marry - for they surely believe that their marriage has a chance. Just my opinion, of course.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
How are the belgians and the royals of luxembourg related?
The late Grand-Duchess of Luxembourg, Joséphine-Charlotte (mother of present Grand-Duke Henri), was born Princess of Belgium. She was Kings Albert and Baudouin of Belgium' sister.

Old 08-29-2006, 01:35 PM
Nobility

Grand-Duchess Josephine-Charlotte of Luxemburg was sister to King Albert and she was daughter to Queen Astrid of Belgium. King Albert and Grand-Duchess Josephine Charlotte was children to King Leopold and Queen Astrid of Belgium. Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte was grandmother to Louis and mother to Grand Duke Henri of Luxmburg. Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlottes husband is grand duke Jean 85 year father to Henri and grandfather to Louis.!!! Four generations is royal family of Luxemburg day!!!
Old 08-29-2006, 02:27 PM
Nobility

I think that it is well what they do… and that will not be a marriage with a future divorce, because it had been but easy to cover the pregnancy with an accelerated wedding, but which they marry now demonstrates that they are really loved… and still more being so young and being able to make again their lives separately. I am glad much for them and I think that she will be a good princess…

do you know if the wedding will be transmitted by television? can you help me with that. I realy will see them... I am glad so much for them….
Old 08-29-2006, 02:38 PM
Aristocracy

It is very nice that they decided to marry. I am happy for them and Gabriel!
Old 09-09-2006, 10:18 AM
Aristocracy

I read in "Point de Vue" magazine that:
- she has left the army and is working for a humanitarian organization in Geneva; he is doing something similar while still purusing more formal training-education.
- They will get married in a smaller church in/near Luxembourg (not the big cathedral)
- He willingly gave up his right to the throne in an effort to gain more privacy and freedom to pursue different professional avenues.
No details on how big the wedding will be.

My personal opinion: they probably did not plan to be parents so early but if you're old enough to serve in the army and go to war then you're probably old enough to live your life and that includes family responsibilities.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Gentry

I wonder if the wedding pictures will appear in any magazine like HELLO ?
I know they printed pictures of Gabrial baptisim a couple months back.
And does anyone know if Tessy and Louis will one day move back to luxembourg ??
Old 09-09-2006, 12:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by altagrace
- she has left the army and is working for a humanitarian organization in Geneva; he is doing something similar while still purusing more formal training-education.
- They will get married in a smaller church in/near Luxembourg (not the big cathedral)
- He willingly gave up his right to the throne in an effort to gain more privacy and freedom to pursue different professional avenues.

My personal opinion: they probably did not plan to be parents so early but if you're old enough to serve in the army and go to war then you're probably old enough to live your life and that includes family responsibilities.
I'm sorry to ask but seriously, louis gave up his (and his future descendents) right to the grand duchy throne?
Old 09-09-2006, 12:13 PM
Serene Highness

He will give up.
Watch this: Prince Louis and Tessy Antony are Getting Married
Old 09-10-2006, 04:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by altagrace

Little Gabriel was born in March so he is 6 months now. When did Tassy begin to work? It's surprising she is working for humanitarian organization. I mean it's great what she is doing, but I thought that having obviously financial support from Louis' parents she would stay home with a baby. I'm just suprised but of course it's OK.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 09-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Gentry

Hi! I was wondering if there's going to be a thread for the wedding or we'll keep posting here?
Old 09-13-2006, 11:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kez_1982
Hi! I was wondering if there's going to be a thread for the wedding or we'll keep posting here?
For right now we're going to keep posting in this thread, until the big day anyway.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:17 AM
Serene Highness

I know that Tessy and Gabriel are not being given titles in their own right, but does anyone know of anything that would prevent Tessy from using the courtesy title of HRH Princess Louis?
Old 09-15-2006, 12:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear
I know that Tessy and Gabriel are not being given titles in their own right, but does anyone know of anything that would prevent Tessy from using the courtesy title of HRH Princess Louis?
I don't think anything would necessarily prevent her from using the title of HRH Princess Louis, at least in social situations. But officially? I doubt she would use it. If we follow the example of Louis' uncle Prince Jean and his ex-wife Helene Vestur, we see that she was not called HRH Princess Jean- she was Helene, Countess of Nassau.
From what I've read, it doesn't appear that Tessy will even get that- she and the baby will receive the surname Nassau and that's it.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:03 AM
Serene Highness

Hmm...and does anybody know if she will wear a tiara?
Because right now there is very strange situation, because LRF is selling family jewels anb between them 3 tiaras- J-C tiara, saphire bracelet tiara and kongo diamond tiara which wore MT, JC and her two daughters on their weddings...