The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 02:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
They were both soldiers when they met or not? If they were old enough to risk death and were old enough to give life to a child, they surely are old enough for a relationship. IMHO.
I don't think he was, I think they met when he visited Kosovo. Tessy was a medic or nurse.

Old 08-25-2006, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
I don't think he was, I think they met when he visited Kosovo. Tessy was a medic or nurse.
Hello wrote:

Newspaper reports in the tiny central European Duchy said that the prince met 20-year-old Tessy during a peacekeeping mission to Kosovo in 2004. Both were working for the Luxembourg army.

Source:http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...6/princelouis/

I read this as both being in military service - thus more or less soldiers exposed to the risks of a mission, even though it was a peace mission.

Old 08-25-2006, 04:08 PM
Royal Highness

I would cut him off financially and show him what being an adult AND a man really is. Go get a job in the real world and support your family on your own income Mr. Happy Pants...

Do the crime...then do the time...
Old 08-25-2006, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to the couple!
Even if they are both very young I wish them and their little family all the best!

Old 08-25-2006, 05:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I read this as both being in military service - thus more or less soldiers exposed to the risks of a mission, even though it was a peace mission.
Almost all articles I've read including Tessy Wiki profile seem to indicate that he was just visiting troops.

Although Hello doesn't print all out lies like some other tabloids they have a lot of little mistakes so I wouldn't consider them the most factually accurate. Also I checked some of Louis threads and it doesn't seem like he was ever in the military. Hopefully a better expert of the Luxembourg family can correct this though if I am wrong.

But I agree with you. Peace Missions are equally as tough as regular missions and can turn into combat very quickly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessy_Antony
Old 08-25-2006, 05:18 PM
Courtier

She is a year older than he is, but Louis just turned 20. Tessy has been 20 for a while. She will probably be 21 soon.
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 08-25-2006, 07:16 PM
Gentry

Congrats Louis and Tessy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
I would cut him off financially and show him what being an adult AND a man really is. Go get a job in the real world and support your family on your own income Mr. Happy Pants...

Does anyone know how they're going to support themselves from now on. I realize Louis is a prince and wealthy, but is he going to work for the family or get a job or go to school? How's he going to become independent, I guess is what I'm asking.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:27 PM
Nobility

I believe that Louis is still in school and just getting into his studies at a university in Switzerland. I don't know what he might do as far as a job, but I'm sure the Grand Ducal couple have set up a trust fund that'll take care of the new family anyway.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:05 AM
Royal Highness

Apparently, he wants to work in humanitarian organisations.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:09 AM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to the couple!
Old 08-26-2006, 06:47 AM
Aristocracy

congrats the the couple and their families..

So what titles will the couple hold and will Young Gabriel get a title now?
Old 08-26-2006, 07:57 AM
Nobility

Thanks for the information, i really thought the Prince looked younger than 20, theyre both so young

Wish them both all the best for their future
Old 08-27-2006, 03:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade

What exactly was the crime?
Old 08-27-2006, 04:16 AM
Courtier

i think they have made the best of the situation... they didnt rush down the alter or race into marriage. I really hope they are happy.

Who knows maybe they will last! I really hope we see wedding photos :)
Old 08-27-2006, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilla
What exactly was the crime?
Apparently some people think having a child out of wedlock is a crime...
Old 08-27-2006, 04:31 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Will there be any "Official Pictures" or something like an official engagement?
Will their wedding be broadcasted or take place in a small family circle without any cameras??
I'm not very into the latest News of the LRF, so I would like to get to know.

Old 08-27-2006, 01:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie
Well, like a lot of other things, individual people's idea are not wrong; they are the product of how they were raised, so I think it's kind of rude to word your sentence the way you did, Annie.

www.one.org
Old 08-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie
No, no, no. "You do the crime, you do the time" is a saying in English...it means that you need to take responsibility for your own actions. I think what Lady Marmalade meant is that Prince Louis needs to be a mature, responsible adult and support his child rather than running to Mommy and Daddy for financial support all the time.

And please note that I am not AGREEING with what she said, since I think Louis is a mature and responsible young man who would not act so childishly, rather I am just interpreting what she meant. She didn't mean that having a child out of wedlock is a crime itself.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:57 PM
Royal Highness

Do you think any members of the Belgium and Dutch royal houses will come?
Old 08-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Congrats to the couple. I wish them many happy years of marriage.

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Closed Thread