The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 09:43 PM
Serene Highness

I would imagine that perhaps GD Henri will bestow a title at least to Gabriel after a fashion. The cautious thing to do would be to wait and see how well the marriage works out and then appraise the situation again. If it indeed was Louis' decision to renounce his claim, it was a very mature thing to do. By doing so, he doesn't put any higher interest in the succession rights of a future child born in wedlock than he does in Gabriel and that is a considerate thing for a father to do. All his children will be equals. I have to believe that he is having some significant say it what is happening, as I don't think his parents can force him to marry Tessy and give up his succession rights if he doesn't want to. Let's hope that Tessy is welcomed into the family warmly, especially by the Grand Duchess who had a terrible relationship with her mother-in-law, that Louis and Tessy have a good marriage and that perhaps at some point she and her son will receive titles when things have calmed down.

Old 08-24-2006, 12:31 AM
Serene Highness

Congrats to young couple. So, there is the happy end. They are so young, but with support of both families everything hopefully will go well. I think it's very wise decision of them to get married and rise their child together. I also hope Tessy and Louis married because they love each other .

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 08-24-2006, 01:47 AM
Courtier

I am happy that prince Louis and Tessy are doing the right thing for Gabriel by getting marry but Prince Louis will give up his right to the throne which means that Gabriel will not be a heir to the throne and neither will him. But I am still happy for a while I thought they would not marry or they would marry in near future.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear
I would imagine that perhaps GD Henri will bestow a title at least to Gabriel after a fashion. The cautious thing to do would be to wait and see how well the marriage works out and then appraise the situation again. If it indeed was Louis' decision to renounce his claim, it was a very mature thing to do. By doing so, he doesn't put any higher interest in the succession rights of a future child born in wedlock than he does in Gabriel and that is a considerate thing for a father to do. All his children will be equals. I have to believe that he is having some significant say it what is happening, as I don't think his parents can force him to marry Tessy and give up his succession rights if he doesn't want to. Let's hope that Tessy is welcomed into the family warmly, especially by the Grand Duchess who had a terrible relationship with her mother-in-law, that Louis and Tessy have a good marriage and that perhaps at some point she and her son will receive titles when things have calmed down.
Kimbear..what an excellent point. I never thought about it that way. When I first heard he had renounced his rights to the throne, I was somewhat perplexed. But if he thinking as you are...of course it makes sense. Gabriel and andy future children he might have will be equal. And really, thats a bright, mature and fatherly thing to do.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Star
I am happy that prince Louis and Tessy are doing the right thing for Gabriel by getting marry but Prince Louis will give up his right to the throne which means that Gabriel will not be a heir to the throne and neither will him. But I am still happy for a while I thought they would not marry or they would marry in near future.
As already discussed in this thread, Gabriel would not have been in the line to the throne regardless of whether his father gave up his succession rights or not, due to the fact that when Gabriel was born his parents were not married and Luxembourg does not have a history of re-legitimizing children.

Also as previously noted, Gabriel is also far down the line of succession if you think that Louis has two older brothers who will eventually have children, putthing them ahead of Louis and Gabriel, putting Gabriel further and further back into the line of succession.

Succession can be a complicated issue and this situation is rather complicated unto itself. It would be helpful if members actually read the very intelligent discussion in this very thread by some very informed members rather than just repeating things based on assumption or things that have already been explained.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane
I should have precised (sorry, I forgot) that the whole family now bears the name de Nassau, since february 2006. I have the feeling little Gabriel could be given the title of prince de Nassau (the title the children of prince Jean bear).
Did they change their name this year or is this only in relation to Tessy and Gabriel?

Also, does anyone know exactly how old Tessy is at this moment?
Old 08-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Courtier

That is great news, they will make a nice couple, the best whises for them and also for their little baby boy
Old 08-24-2006, 03:08 PM
Commoner

This is great news, i hope they are happy with their decission.

It seems to be a verry thouthfull decission.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:14 PM
Courtier

Thumbs up

I'm glad to hear such good news, they're a gracious couple.
I hope they really know what they are doing and the marriage isn't forced by
Prince Louis parents, it never works.

I have a question to ask, are little baby Gabriel and Miss Antony going to be
tittled after the wedding?
Old 08-25-2006, 12:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Let us hope that this marriage will be successful for both of them.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:47 AM
Nobility

Paula,

I think she's only going to bear the surname De Nassau and Gabriel will have the same surname.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:07 AM
Nobility

Congratulations Louis, Tessy and Gabriel
Old 08-25-2006, 07:55 AM
Nobility

The Prince seem really young , how old is he???
Old 08-25-2006, 09:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad25
He is 20 years old.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:31 AM
Courtier

Louis and Tessy are both 20, I think.
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 08-25-2006, 10:53 AM
Serene Highness

Really? I read she is 1 year older that he.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:19 AM
Serene Highness

I read that too! She was a year older than the prince.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Me too, and on nl wiki (and not only there) os wrote that on 2005 he was 19 and she 20.
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lodewijk_van_Luxemburg
Old 08-25-2006, 01:32 PM
Serene Highness

So now they are 20 and 21.But it doesn't matter on age at all
Old 08-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad25
They were both soldiers when they met or not? If they were old enough to risk death and were old enough to give life to a child, they surely are old enough for a relationship. IMHO.