Prince Louis and Tessy Antony are Getting Married: June 20, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were both soldiers when they met or not? If they were old enough to risk death and were old enough to give life to a child, they surely are old enough for a relationship. IMHO.

I don't think he was, I think they met when he visited Kosovo. Tessy was a medic or nurse.

Oppie said:
I don't think he was, I think they met when he visited Kosovo. Tessy was a medic or nurse.

Hello wrote:

Newspaper reports in the tiny central European Duchy said that the prince met 20-year-old Tessy during a peacekeeping mission to Kosovo in 2004. Both were working for the Luxembourg army.

Source:http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/03/16/princelouis/

I read this as both being in military service - thus more or less soldiers exposed to the risks of a mission, even though it was a peace mission.

I would cut him off financially and show him what being an adult AND a man really is. Go get a job in the real world and support your family on your own income Mr. Happy Pants...

Do the crime...then do the time...

Congratulations to the couple!
Even if they are both very young I wish them and their little family all the best! :flowers:

I read this as both being in military service - thus more or less soldiers exposed to the risks of a mission, even though it was a peace mission.

Almost all articles I've read including Tessy Wiki profile seem to indicate that he was just visiting troops.

Although Hello doesn't print all out lies like some other tabloids they have a lot of little mistakes so I wouldn't consider them the most factually accurate. Also I checked some of Louis threads and it doesn't seem like he was ever in the military. Hopefully a better expert of the Luxembourg family can correct this though if I am wrong.

But I agree with you. Peace Missions are equally as tough as regular missions and can turn into combat very quickly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessy_Antony

She is a year older than he is, but Louis just turned 20. Tessy has been 20 for a while. She will probably be 21 soon.

Congrats Louis and Tessy!

Lady Marmalade said:
I would cut him off financially and show him what being an adult AND a man really is. Go get a job in the real world and support your family on your own income Mr. Happy Pants...

Does anyone know how they're going to support themselves from now on. I realize Louis is a prince and wealthy, but is he going to work for the family or get a job or go to school? How's he going to become independent, I guess is what I'm asking.

I believe that Louis is still in school and just getting into his studies at a university in Switzerland. I don't know what he might do as far as a job, but I'm sure the Grand Ducal couple have set up a trust fund that'll take care of the new family anyway.

Apparently, he wants to work in humanitarian organisations.

congrats the the couple and their families..

So what titles will the couple hold and will Young Gabriel get a title now?

Thanks for the information, i really thought the Prince looked younger than 20, theyre both so young :ermm:

Wish them both all the best for their future:flowers:

Lady Marmalade said:

What exactly was the crime?

i think they have made the best of the situation... they didnt rush down the alter or race into marriage. I really hope they are happy.

Who knows maybe they will last! I really hope we see wedding photos :)

Will there be any "Official Pictures" or something like an official engagement? :blink:
Will their wedding be broadcasted or take place in a small family circle without any cameras??
I'm not very into the latest News of the LRF, so I would like to get to know. :lol:

Annie said:
Apparently some people think having a child out of wedlock is a crime...

Well, like a lot of other things, individual people's idea are not wrong; they are the product of how they were raised, so I think it's kind of rude to word your sentence the way you did, Annie.

Annie said:
Apparently some people think having a child out of wedlock is a crime...
No, no, no. "You do the crime, you do the time" is a saying in English...it means that you need to take responsibility for your own actions. I think what Lady Marmalade meant is that Prince Louis needs to be a mature, responsible adult and support his child rather than running to Mommy and Daddy for financial support all the time.

And please note that I am not AGREEING with what she said, since I think Louis is a mature and responsible young man who would not act so childishly, rather I am just interpreting what she meant. She didn't mean that having a child out of wedlock is a crime itself. :flowers:

Do you think any members of the Belgium and Dutch royal houses will come?

Congrats to the couple. I wish them many happy years of marriage.

And we have a lovely royal wedding to look forward to- I suspect even if a private event we will get to see photos, as we did of Gabriel's baptism.

soCal girl said:

I think maybe the Belgium members will come 'cuz they are family after all, I bet about Laurent, Claire and Fabiola, not so sure about the others:rolleyes:

How are the belgians and the royals of luxembourg related? Maybe this is a stupid question.

Also, if the marriage is still on by the time Guillaume succeeds the throne, i would say ther would be a high possibility of him giving titles to his brother's children

soCal girl said:

I believe they will handle the wedding as a private family affair, the same way they did with the baptism. Louis is so far removed from the throne that he hasn't got much of an official function - so they can keep the wedding toned down.

Congrats to the couple - personally i don't feel that they have been pressured into getting married. However they are both very young - i hope it lasts!!!

I wonder if the fact that Louis didn't marry Tessy as soon as she became pregnant wasn't a way to see if she was just a golddigger.

I mean Louis had to know how unrealistic it is that the succession would ever be his responsibility. But apart from dynastic reasons, which didn't exist in his case, there was no reason to marry nowadays only because of a pregnancy. After all his family has recognized the child, even though it does not have a title. But as can be seen with the Behn children in Norway, there is no need for a title if the family loves the children.

OTOH it makes sense not to marry if there are signs that point to a fast divorce. But after spending the time of the pregnancy and the difficult early days as parents together, I guess both Louis and Tessy have gotten a better or more realistic feeling for the responsibilities and chances of their relationship. And surely Tessy would have shown her true fetahers if she had indeed played for the title of princess or for a quick and financially interesting divorce on becoming pregnant. Obviously, she didn't. She has stayed with Louis and they've shared their responsibilities. Thus, I believe, they decided to marry - for they surely believe that their marriage has a chance. Just my opinion, of course.

How are the belgians and the royals of luxembourg related?

The late Grand-Duchess of Luxembourg, Joséphine-Charlotte (mother of present Grand-Duke Henri), was born Princess of Belgium. She was Kings Albert and Baudouin of Belgium' sister.

Grand-Duchess Josephine-Charlotte of Luxemburg was sister to King Albert and she was daughter to Queen Astrid of Belgium. King Albert and Grand-Duchess Josephine Charlotte was children to King Leopold and Queen Astrid of Belgium. Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte was grandmother to Louis and mother to Grand Duke Henri of Luxmburg. Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlottes husband is grand duke Jean 85 year father to Henri and grandfather to Louis.!!! Four generations is royal family of Luxemburg day!!!

I think that it is well what they do… and that will not be a marriage with a future divorce, because it had been but easy to cover the pregnancy with an accelerated wedding, but which they marry now demonstrates that they are really loved… and still more being so young and being able to make again their lives separately. I am glad much for them and I think that she will be a good princess…

do you know if the wedding will be transmitted by television? can you help me with that. I realy will see them... I am glad so much for them….

Last edited by a moderator:
It is very nice that they decided to marry. I am happy for them and Gabriel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom