The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Royal Highness

It seems the court has officially denied it, but I can't find the info.

Old 06-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Gentry

Thumbs up

Congratulations to the happy couple. I wish them all the best on the announcement of their planning to marry. I am sure they are good together. Best Wishes to both families.:)

Old 06-20-2006, 12:27 PM
Commoner

Danielane where did you see the info? that would be sad i fthey did that.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:33 PM
Aristocracy

I really hope the marriage annoucement is true, I'd love to see this couple marry and raise their child together.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Courtier

Thats great news:) Will da little Gabriel have the title Prince, when they got married?
Old 06-20-2006, 01:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeimix
Danielane where did you see the info? that would be sad i fthey did that.

Here: http://www.wort.lu/

The title is Großherzoglicher Hof: Vorerst keine Hochzeit.
Could a german-speaking poster please translate it?
Old 06-20-2006, 02:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane
Here: http://www.wort.lu/

The title is Großherzoglicher Hof: Vorerst keine Hochzeit.
Could a german-speaking poster please translate it?
It says, that they didn't decide yet to marry or not and they are living in Switzerland
Old 06-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Royal Highness

This is a rumour an is completely untrue. On the wikipedia encyclopedia site it says the rumour has been denied by the royal house :(
Old 06-20-2006, 03:19 PM
Serene Highness

So the wedding was just a rumour. I wonder if Louis and Tessy are still together. The article mentions that they live in Swizerland but it has never been confirmed but the court that they are living together.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:51 PM
Nobility

I think that they are still together, but I am sort of glad they aren't getting married. Not that I wouldn't be excited if they were but I hope that just because they have a baby they don't just decide that means they have to get married. Perhaps one day when Louis and Tessy are older they may decide to get married, but they shouldn't rush.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Serene Highness

So it is confirmed that it is untrue by the royal family?
Old 06-20-2006, 04:01 PM
Commoner

Official Denial

As we have learned by now it was a rumour...too bad :(, it would have been so nice to see this young couple getting married.

But to be honest, I really thought that they were getting married, since the "Tageblatt" is a very reliable newspaper and here in Luxembourg no newspaper wo dare to publish an article about the grand ducal family if its editors weren't sure that the article tells the truth.

Here ist a translation of the above mentioned newspaper article (see www.wort.lu for the original text):

"The grand ducal court is denying rumours about a wedding between Prince Louis and Tessy Antony. Neither one of the young parents has decided anything in this matter, says Claude Neu, speaker of the grand ducal court upon question from the "Luxembourger Wort". "The rumours aren't true. It could only be that such kind of plans are circulating in the family circle" he adds. The 19 year old Prince Louis hasn't said anything concerning this matter officially, neither has the 20 year old Tessy Antony. The couple is living in Switzerland where Prince Louis is taking the "Abitur" (final exam of High School but not really comparable to the final exams taken at US High Schools). In march Tessy gave birth to their son Gabriel at a hospital in Geneva. In April the child was baptized in the church of Gilsdorf under the presence of the grand ducal family. But the speaker of the grand ducal court, Claude Neu, doesn't say that a wedding is impossible, it could very well happen. "If a wedding is planned the grand ducal court will announce it" he says."

Uff, I hope you can understand my bad translation ...it is already kind of late here, and after a whole day of work my brain isn't working properly anymore .
Old 06-20-2006, 06:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim_lady
I think that they are still together, but I am sort of glad they aren't getting married. Not that I wouldn't be excited if they were but I hope that just because they have a baby they don't just decide that means they have to get married. Perhaps one day when Louis and Tessy are older they may decide to get married, but they shouldn't rush.
I agree. Honestly, marrying for the sake of a child/children, in my opinion, is not good enough reason. Marriage is more than just having children, it's a commitment to another person that will (hopefully) last a long time. I've seen so many failed marriages stemming from having a baby first at a young age then marrying. They should wait until they're older.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Commoner

Well now we know they are very young to take such big step, it would be nice for the baby to have his parents together married maybe in the future they have to do alot for now.
THANX SWISSLUXI! For the translation.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:54 PM
Courtier

I agree about them not marrying just because they have a baby. It would have been great, but if it is meant to be then it will happen eventually. Good luck to them in the future!
Old 08-22-2006, 11:38 AM
Aristocracy

Smile Tessy and Louis are getting married

Wort tells that they will marry on September 29th in the same church Gabriel was born. Apparently this time, the court has made an official announcement:

"Ja, ich will"
Die Liebe zwischen Prinz Louis und seine Freundin Tessy entflammte im militärischen Zentrum auf Herrenberg.
Letzte Aktualisierung: 22-08-2006 17:22
(yw) - Das Jahr der Familienfeste am großherzoglichen Hof scheint kein Ende zu nehmen. Zuerst feierte das großherzogliche Paar am Valentinstag Silberhochzeit , rund einen Monat später beging Großherzogin Maria Teresa ihren 50. Geburtstag . Am 22. April wurde das erste Kind von Prinz Louis und seiner Freundin Tessy Antony in der Pfarrkirche von Gilsdorf getauft.

Am 29. September soll das nächste Kapitel der Liebegeschichte geschrieben werden. Wie das Hofmarschallsamt am Dienstag nämlich mitteilte, wollen Prinz Louis und seine Freundin Tessy Antony an diesem Datum in derselben Kirche, in der ihr Sohn auf den Namen Gabriel-Michael-Louis-Ronny getauft wurde, heiraten.

Die Liebe zwischen Prinz Louis und seiner Freundin Tessy entflammte im militärischen Zentrum auf Herrenberg.

Congratulations!
Old 08-22-2006, 11:44 AM
Royal Highness

Yes, it's official. A journalist friend just received the confirmation of the news.

Got more details: Louis will retain the HRH and his title of prince of Luxemburg.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:54 AM
Aristocracy

Congratulations!
May they have a long & happy life together.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Strange that they first denied it, and then very soon after they are announcing it as a fact to happen.... But great news none the less! Congratulations to the couple and the baby! Too bad they didn't take the desicion to marry before the birth though, but oh well - the past is the past. I'm just a bit conservative on some things
Old 08-22-2006, 11:58 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Strange that they first denied it, and then very soon after they are announcing it as a fact to happen.... But great news none the less! Congratulations to the couple and the baby! Too bad they didn't take the desicion to marry before the birth though, but oh well - the past is the past. I'm just a bit conservative on some things
Better late than never