Nobility

Prince Louis and Princess Tessy to Divorce: January 18, 2017

They will divorce:
Luxarazzi: Louis and Tessy To Divorce

Old 01-18-2017, 12:25 PM
Gentry

Prince Louis and Princess Tessy to divorce

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2eB_L5XEAAwM62.jpg

"Their Royal Highnesses The Grand Duke and Grand Duchess are regretting to announce the decision of Prince Louis and Princess Tessy to divorce", the cour grand-ducal just announced. The Grand Duke and Grand Duchess are asking everyone to respect the privacy of all involved in these sad times.

So sad

Old 01-18-2017, 12:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ow...even though there were some cryptic messages on instagram (? i think) a short while ago, i didn't really see this coming... :(
Old 01-18-2017, 12:34 PM
Royal Highness

It's sad news. I was nothing there waiting. May they be happy.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Unfortunate news. Hope the two will make the divorce easy as possible for their boys.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:43 PM
Serene Highness

I know there were those cryptic messages, but I would have never thought they would divorce. But then again they were very young when they married.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 01-18-2017, 12:45 PM
Courtier

Wow I didn't see that happen to be honest. There were some cryptic remarks from Tessy on instagram but I always thought they are a stable couple. I really liked them together. So sad.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:50 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilse View Post

Not unexpected. But sad news

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-18-2017, 12:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

To be honest after the messages on Instagram I'm not very surprised. Sad but not surprised. They seemed like a lovely couple. I'm sure they will remain loving parents in partnership to their two boys.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

This is shocking to me. I know they married young but I didn't see it coming. I do hope they can handle this divorce well for the sake of their sons. I wonder if they will both remain in London.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I did not see this coming. I was not a fan when they first were together, but over the years I found a new respect for both of them. Especially Tessy. I believe that she has worked very hard over the years to further her education and forge a career, along with taking care of her boys. This is rather sad. Wish them both the best.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:10 PM
Majesty

The divorce in question is unfortunate, but unsurprising. If memory serves me right, some TRF members were skeptical about durability of Prince Louis' marriage from the very beginning.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:16 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I missed the 'cryptic' messages on social media completely so this comes as a surprise.

At the time I did not understand why his family seemed to encourage the two to marry at such a young age. A teen (early twenty)-pregnancy is hardly a stable base for a succesful partnership. People tend to change a lot during their twenties, as I am sure they did.

It seemed they proved the nay-sayers wrong and made their marriage work, built a loving family and got a proper education for themselves. Sadly the marriage did not work out. Let's hope the divorce will be as painless as possible for all involved, especially for their two young children. It must be to hard for Louis' family too, considering they are more Roman than the pope.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:18 PM
Serene Highness

Now Tessy has money, good job, connections, rich friends. She doesn't need her husband anymore.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:18 PM
Serene Highness

I missed the messages too.
How very sad for all involved.

Sent from my SM-A510F using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 01-18-2017, 01:23 PM
Courtier

Apparently Tessy has deleted her instagram account. I can no longer follow her.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
To be honest after the messages on Instagram I'm not very surprised. Sad but not surprised. They seemed like a lovely couple. I'm sure they will remain loving parents in partnership to their two boys.
And so do I
Old 01-18-2017, 01:38 PM
Royal Highness

I missed the Insta messages too. Must admit I never followed her anyway. But sad for them and especially sad for their sons. Must not have been an easy decision.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Does she keep her title?
Old 01-18-2017, 01:52 PM
Majesty

I was one of the first on this Forum to express dismay at the news that the then teenage son of the Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg had impregnated his girlfriend.

Then they married after a few years and became(imo) a model young Royal couple who seemed to have defied the odds, and I was forced to change my opinion and applaud them.

Tessy's recent exploits on social media caused me some unease but I was still a believer...kind of.

So they gave it a good run but they did not in fact defy the odds in the long run. They were far too young and they probably both changed too much to sustain the relationship...OR one of them changed and outgrew the marriage.

For the sake of their beautiful children I am so saddened by this news.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968