Prince Louis and Princess Tessy to Divorce: January 18, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Louis and Princess Tessy to divorce

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2eB_L5XEAAwM62.jpg

"Their Royal Highnesses The Grand Duke and Grand Duchess are regretting to announce the decision of Prince Louis and Princess Tessy to divorce", the cour grand-ducal just announced. The Grand Duke and Grand Duchess are asking everyone to respect the privacy of all involved in these sad times.

So sad :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ow...even though there were some cryptic messages on instagram (? i think) a short while ago, i didn't really see this coming... :(

It's sad news. I was nothing there waiting. May they be happy.

Unfortunate news. Hope the two will make the divorce easy as possible for their boys.

I know there were those cryptic messages, but I would have never thought they would divorce. But then again they were very young when they married.

Wow I didn't see that happen to be honest. There were some cryptic remarks from Tessy on instagram but I always thought they are a stable couple. I really liked them together. So sad.

To be honest after the messages on Instagram I'm not very surprised. Sad but not surprised. They seemed like a lovely couple. I'm sure they will remain loving parents in partnership to their two boys.

This is shocking to me. I know they married young but I didn't see it coming. I do hope they can handle this divorce well for the sake of their sons. I wonder if they will both remain in London.

I did not see this coming. I was not a fan when they first were together, but over the years I found a new respect for both of them. Especially Tessy. I believe that she has worked very hard over the years to further her education and forge a career, along with taking care of her boys. This is rather sad. Wish them both the best.

The divorce in question is unfortunate, but unsurprising. If memory serves me right, some TRF members were skeptical about durability of Prince Louis' marriage from the very beginning.

I missed the 'cryptic' messages on social media completely so this comes as a surprise.

At the time I did not understand why his family seemed to encourage the two to marry at such a young age. A teen (early twenty)-pregnancy is hardly a stable base for a succesful partnership. People tend to change a lot during their twenties, as I am sure they did.

It seemed they proved the nay-sayers wrong and made their marriage work, built a loving family and got a proper education for themselves. Sadly the marriage did not work out. Let's hope the divorce will be as painless as possible for all involved, especially for their two young children. It must be to hard for Louis' family too, considering they are more Roman than the pope.

Last edited:
Now Tessy has money, good job, connections, rich friends. She doesn't need her husband anymore.

Apparently Tessy has deleted her instagram account. I can no longer follow her.

To be honest after the messages on Instagram I'm not very surprised. Sad but not surprised. They seemed like a lovely couple. I'm sure they will remain loving parents in partnership to their two boys.

And so do I

I missed the Insta messages too. Must admit I never followed her anyway. But sad for them and especially sad for their sons. Must not have been an easy decision.

I was one of the first on this Forum to express dismay at the news that the then teenage son of the Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg had impregnated his girlfriend. :ohmy:

Then they married after a few years and became(imo) a model young Royal couple who seemed to have defied the odds, and I was forced to change my opinion and applaud them.

Tessy's recent exploits on social media caused me some unease but I was still a believer...kind of.

So they gave it a good run but they did not in fact defy the odds in the long run. They were far too young and they probably both changed too much to sustain the relationship...OR one of them changed and outgrew the marriage.

For the sake of their beautiful children I am so saddened by this news. :sad:

Last edited:
I hope for them that they are able to have a peaceful divorce. Not only for them but only for their boys.

What a strange day for me. Today I got from them my reply for my christmas card and now this news.

:previous: How lovely of both you and TRH!

The Luxembourgish Grand Ducal family dealt with the "scandal" of Louis and Tessy's teen pregnancy crisis with exemplary dignity...quietly and privately.

I am sure they will handle the separation and divorce with the same class for which I have come to admire this family.

Last edited:
No one knows what goes on in anyone's marriage, to assume tessy doesn't need her husband anymore is ridiculous. They were young when they married and had two children together. People grow and change.
It happens to older couples as well.

I missed the 'cryptic' messages on social media completely so this comes as a surprise.

At the time I did not understand why his family seemed to encourage the two to marry at such a young age. A teen (early twenty)-pregnancy is hardly a stable base for a succesful partnership. People tend to change a lot during their twenties, as I am sure they did.

Well, I guess a devout catholic family like the grand ducal one in Luxembourg might have thought it couldn´t dare to have a son fathering a child of a woman he is not married to. The result we see are the sad news of today...

I guess if Louis had been just a normal guy, a student, a mechanic, whoever, they would have stayed together for a while, perhaps without ever getting married and then seperated at some point.
A high profiled social status doesn´t make things easy, I guess...

The mini-tantrum Tessy threw online when some people (correctly imo) pointed out that she has had doors opened to her and privileges granted that she might not have if she hadn't met and married a Royal prince was kind of a clue to me about HRH's feelings about striking out on her own.:cool:

In fact it sparked my first suspicion that she might be feeling her oats and is ready to move on to a new life, independent of her husband and his family.

But ICAM, the only two people who know what drove them apart in the end are Louis and Tessy.

Last edited:
Second Divorce in the Grand Ducal RF after Prince Jean with Hélène Vestur who had also a daughter before their wedding.

for crying out loud, what where the notorious posts on instagram about?:bang:

for crying out loud, what where the notorious posts on instagram about?:bang:

Tessy made several posts over the past few months where, if she referred to Louis at all, it was only ever about him as a father. In fact, I don't think she posted a picture of just the two of them since a behind the scenes picture of what many assumed were their tenth anniversary portraits (taken during National Day) that - coincidentally - were never released. Then, she spent the Christmas holidays in Florida with her sons and without Louis.
Save

Strange interview from Marcin Lobacz about Princess Tessy wearing his dresses in Luxarazzi.

Back
Top Bottom