Prince Louis and Princess Tessy to Divorce: January 18, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the screen cap she is talking about 'gossip girls' and she claims she still has her title for a while. And she says she is not sharing every detail of her private life, while sharing details of her private life.

Very odd behavior for what is supposedly an adult and now an educated person.

In the screen cap she is talking about 'gossip girls' and she claims she still has her title for a while. And she says she is not sharing every detail of her private life, while sharing details of her private life.

her behaviour also struck me as rather childish. i like tessy, but she isn't handling this in the best way unfortunately.

well haven't you noticed that people who claim to be "very private" usually aren't?

Certainly starting to see another side of Tessy now

I get the impression that Tessy isn't enjoying the prospect of loosing her royal status. She often posts flashbacks of her at official engagements or showing her favourite ever hats. It smacks of trying to remind everyone that she was a princess of Luxembourg. Even her bio says 'Mother of 2 princes'!

Why are they getting a divorce? IS the fact that she and Louis had a son before their marriage a factor in her not perhaps being that welcome in the RF?

No one truly knows why they are getting a divorce, though the official reason stated was Louis' "unreasonable behaviour" but that is a legal term and one of only a limited number of official reasons divorce can be granted in the UK.

I think Tessy was made very welcome by the RF, when it was announced they were expecting a baby out of wedlock Louis renounced his succession rights and thus titles for his wife and future children but a few years later the Grand Duke announced on Luxembourg's National Day that he was granting them titles. He had no obligation to do that so it shows to me a amount of affection and love from the RF, she was certainly IMO made welcome. The Grand Duke and his wife were and still are extremely loving towards both Noah and Gabriel.

Her post has a rather aggressive tone. People are not trying to make things up. The problem is that the court has been unclear about this issue. And keeping the title princess (of Luxembourg in this case) while going back to your maiden name is unprecedented (I think).

Why are they getting a divorce? IS the fact that she and Louis had a son before their marriage a factor in her not perhaps being that welcome in the RF?

I don't see any indication of her 'not being welcomed' has anything to do with their divorce. As tommy100 stated she was very much welcomed into the family eventhough the less than ideal start.

For the last few years she has had a very active profile and seemed to overshadow Louis (and certainly not the other way around). So, if (big if) her position in the family had anything to do with their divorce, my assumption would be that it was more her way of handling the stardom that comes with being a member of the family that might have led to them growing apart rather than not being welcomed.

The designer Marcin Lobacz did dresses for HRH Princess Tessy who wore them at Luxembourg's glittering Events.
Nowadays , She seems to be forgotten by him.
Maybe they promised her work etc but Mrs Tessy Anthony is nobody.
She is her Instagram Victim !

Right you are. The post is aggressively odd. Tessy seems to struggle with the fact that she is not a part of royalty anymore.

I honestly think it has nothing to do with not being royal any more. She is obviously dealing with a lot of negative posters and they have got to her. She is human. Look at how many people on here alone who have suggested the divorce is because she is cheating. Or for many other negative at her looks. She has basically got all the blame from many people. She wouldn't be the first person in a divorce, even royal, to speak out. If she is getting plagued with people saying 'why are you using princess, you are not a princess, stop using it....' to be polite, she may finally have just said 'okay lets shut them up'.

Her life really has not changed. She and Louis were not working royals anyways. She continues her charity work and life she had prior to marriage. It doesn't seem her life has been effected too much. Considering she had no title or royal roll for years after marriage, she obviously didn't marry for it.

I honestly think it has nothing to do with not being royal any more. She is obviously dealing with a lot of negative posters and they have got to her. She is human. Look at how many people on here alone who have suggested the divorce is because she is cheating. Or for many other negative at her looks. She has basically got all the blame from many people. She wouldn't be the first person in a divorce, even royal, to speak out. If she is getting plagued with people saying 'why are you using princess, you are not a princess, stop using it....' to be polite, she may finally have just said 'okay lets shut them up'.

Her life really has not changed. She and Louis were not working royals anyways. She continues her charity work and life she had prior to marriage. It doesn't seem her life has been effected too much. Considering she had no title or royal roll for years after marriage, she obviously didn't marry for it.

She has over 6000 people as followers at her "private" Instagram. What I have read from other forums, among them are royal fans and royal reporters. She can herself decide, are these 6000 people those whose comments she needs or wants.

:previous: Are you assuming she only pays attention to her own Instagram and isn't aware what is said on other social media? I highly doubt that. And as seen as Instagram posts posted here, her Instagram posts aren't that private are they? Those not following her cant comment, but they can read her posts, and make comments on blogs like this and other social media.

I follow Tessy on Instagram and I usually like her, but since her divorce from Louis I think she has been quite attention-seeking (for want of a kinder phrase) in her captions. It's understandable that she is somewhat hurt from the divorce (unless she was the one who initiated it, but we'll never know unless something official regarding that issue came up) but the constant need to post about things relating to the divorce (such as her title, Louis, being alone etc) is a little unnecessary IMO. I would have been fine with this if she had mentioned her feelings about the divorce once, but months later the same-old feelings being spread are a bit tiring, particularly for a fairly public account. She also gets fans and the media private messaging her on Instagram about the divorce, and if I were in her position that would prompt me not to post further private feelings about it. Tessy seems to use her Instagram more like a journal for her thoughts rather than official business, which is fine if she is exposing it to her friends, but even though her account is private, she still has people she doesn't know (including the media) following her who could easily twist these posts into a juicy gossip story for the rags.

Just my thoughts on the issue. Tessy of course has the right to be upset by the negative press, but she should realise by now that when someone is in the public eye these things happen (much worse has happened to other royals than what she has received) and that if she doesn't want people questioning or inventing rumours about her divorce, then posting her private thoughts on the issue isn't a good idea.

I don't understand all this negative speculation about P Tessy, I think she's a lovely girl who has worked and studied hard and is trying to make a difference. She didn't have to choose to do this, she could have lived the life of the idle rich. Has she won any applause for that?

Lets not forget that she has used her Instagram to bring focus to some pretty worthy causes, lets celebrate that instead of criticising her.
If I was her I be wording a much stronger response to the gossip.

What about P Louis and his 'unreasonable behaviour'?
There's been very little about that or it's been brushed off.

Let's leave this couple alone to bring up their beautiful boys.

... [snipped]What about P Louis and his 'unreasonable behaviour'?
There's been very little about that or it's been brushed off. ...
What about Prince Louis' behaviour? He does not post anything on his divorce or comment on it. Tessy's ambiguous posts are likely to impact her public image.

I don't understand all this negative speculation about P Tessy, I think she's a lovely girl who has worked and studied hard and is trying to make a difference. She didn't have to choose to do this, she could have lived the life of the idle rich. Has she won any applause for that?

Lets not forget that she has used her Instagram to bring focus to some pretty worthy causes, lets celebrate that instead of criticising her.
If I was her I be wording a much stronger response to the gossip.

What about P Louis and his 'unreasonable behaviour'?
There's been very little about that or it's been brushed off.

Let's leave this couple alone to bring up their beautiful boys.

They are not a couple anymore... And the 'unreasonable behavior' that Tessy claimed on her separation papers is apparently the standard wording for the 'easiest' divorce.

I don't see much speculation about Tessy. Furtermore, many posters specifically state that they really like(d) Tessy, probably partly because of what she has achieved in advocating various worthy causes, but her current behaviour is a little odd. If she would stay quiet about her private life or at least make a more factual statement if she wants to clarify her use of her title, she wouldn't get the same push-back.

Her post has a rather aggressive tone. People are not trying to make things up. The problem is that the court has been unclear about this issue. And keeping the title princess (of Luxembourg in this case) while going back to your maiden name is unprecedented (I think).

it is not really unprecendented, because tessy's case was a bit special. she wasn't a princess upon marriage, but was granted the title after marriage. so we are unaware of the exact wording in that granting and hence we don't know the conditions for using it (and whether divorce means she does not have the right to use it anymore).

by the fact that she says that 'for now' she still has the title, i am thinking that maybe it is a matter of time until we learn otherwise. maybe they are still thinking what to do.

the position of the court in this matter has been very ambiguous. hopefully they will clarify with a press release the situation soon.

Even though it has been in the making for quite some time it must be a sad day for both of them.

I hope Louis also brought some support (other than his cigarette) - looks like Tessy (who looks uneasy) did (would she need lawyers at this point?).

Sad if they are arguing over money, at the end of the day the boys will always be well provided for.

I remember posting on this very Forum when the announcement was made that the then teenaged Prince Louis was having a baby with his girlfriend. I was appalled and had a feeling that it would end badly. When they later married and made such a beautiful little family together I posted again that I had made a mistake. Tessy seemed ideal for the LRF. I especially admired her for completing her education.

Fast forward to 2017. Perhaps my original hunch was correct after all.

I feel terribly sad for Henri, MT and their young grandsons.
:sad:

Last edited:
It's always sad when a couple divorce and kids are involved. It really makes me wonder what his "unreasonable behavior" actually is? I have a feeling that they just grew apart since they got married at such a formidable age. She "looks" as if she has matured and he "looks" as if he has not. Maybe that is part of the problem? Or it could be the other way around? Who knows.
I too thought they made a mistake getting married so young, but they stayed together for awhile and made things work for the boys.
I just hope for the boys sake that it doesn't turn ugly all because of money. that would make a sad situation sadder. JMO

A question from Luxarazzi board : Who called the paps ??

Court information is public and published in advance. One assumes that the local newspapers, other media, receive the information from the courts --a list of cases. A newspaper or photo agency's day probably assigned reporters/photographers to stake out the court.

I agree with those who think that Louis and Tessy grew apart from each other due to marrying at an early age. There are of course a lot of young marriages that work out well and I can name a few royal ones, but sadly, Tessy and Louis's marriage does not fall under that category. I hope Noah and Gabriel aren't being too badly affected by their parent's divorce and now this new argument. I hate the kind of things money can do to people.

Back
Top Bottom