The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-09-2019, 11:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Don't forget that the Bernadotte of Wisborg 's technically are members of the Luxembourg nobility. They're actually the only ones I can think off.
Yes, they are also the only ones I can think about. I see no website or so for a Council of Nobility as an independent institute. The one in Belgium was dissolved in 1996 and became a part of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, so there is no public list of families belonging to the Luxembourgian Nobility. I will see if there is a link via the Dutch Hoge Raad van Adel.

Old 04-09-2019, 11:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Yes, they are also the only ones I can think about. I see no website or so for a Council of Nobility as an independent institute. The one in Belgium was dissolved in 1996 and became a part of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, so there is no public list of families belonging to the Luxembourgian Nobility. I will see if there is a link via the Dutch Hoge Raad van Adel.
The Bernadottes should technically still be counted as Luxembourg nobles since they were never introduced into the Swedish House of Nobles.

Old 04-09-2019, 12:20 PM
Commoner

On another note according to Hello and the Daily Mail, Tessy says that "there were some" that made sure she lost her title. Who do you think she is speaking of? She still sounds very bitter to me and yes, I agree with others here that the only thing she seemed to want (other than lots of money) was to keep her title.

Both articles make it sound, as well, that she is struggling to be a single mother and trying to work at the same time, which is patently untrue as both boys are in boarding school and she has all the free time in the world.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:21 PM
Majesty

In the Nobility List of the Kingdom of the Netherlands from 1848 I can see Luxembourgian nobles (like after the Belgian secession, the nobles remain on this list). I can not see if these nobles (and later additions after 1848) were incorporated into a Nobility of the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg, or thay the Luxembourg Government simply continued the Dutch registers, after all the Kings were Grand-Dukes as well.

François Henri François-de-Paule baron d'ANETHAN from Latrapperie (Luxembourg).
The title of baron is hereditary but for the eldest son only.
The other sons are chevalier (ridder).

Pierre Félix Joseph baron d'ANETHAN from Forges la Trapperie (Luxembourg)
The title of baron is ad personam.

George baron d'ARNOULT DE SOULEUVRE from Château Linster (Luxembourg)
The title baron / baronne (barones) is for all descendants of the body male.

Antoine baron d'ARNOULT DE SOULEUVRE from Château Bernbourg (Luxembourg)

Gabriel baron d'ARNOULT DE SOULEUVRE from Château Differdange (Luxembourg)

Frédéric Georges Prospère comte DE BLOKHAUSEN from Château Bertrange (Luxembourg)
The title of comte (graaf) is hereditary but for the eldest son only.
The other sons are baron.

Ferdinand Joseph LE BRUM DE MIRAUMONT from Hondelange (Luxembourg)
The predicate écuyer (jonkheer / jonkvrouw) is hereditary for all descendants of the body male.

Henri Ambroise DE LA CHAPELLE from Luxembourg
The predicate écuyer (jonkheer / jonkvrouw) is hereditary for all descendants of the body male.

Charles Alexander Guillaume Joseph VAN EYLL from Scherpenich (Luxembourg)

Godefroid DU FAING d'AIGREMONT from Luxembourg

Jean Antoine Adolphe DE FELLER from Arlon (Luxembourg)

François Laurent Leon Marie Joseph Ghisbert DE FORMANOIR d'ARCHIMONT

Augustin Alexandre François Joseph DE HOEFNAGLE DE SCHUTBOURG from Château Schutbourg (Luxembourg)

Jean Jacques chevalier (ridder) DE HONTHEIM from Eich (Luxembourg)
The title chevalier (ridder) is hereditary for male descendants.

François Albert Louis Hubert chevalier (ridder) DE HONTHEIM from Eich (Luxembourg)

Nicolas Joseph Simeon Guillaume chevalier (ridder) DE HONTHEIM from Steinsel (Luxembourg)

Nicolas François Guilain DE HOUT appelé (genaamd) HOLLER from Echternach (Luxembourg)

Philippe Joseph Jacques baron d'HUART from Château Colnet d'Huart (Luxembourg)
The title baron is hereditary but for the eldest son only.
The predicate écuyer (jonkheer / jonkvrouw) is hereditary for all other descendants of the body male.

Charles Antoine Louis Joseph Félix chevalier (ridder) LAMOCK DE SOHIER from Sohier (Luxembourg)
The title chevalier (ridder) is hereditary for all male descendants.

Henri Theodore Remacle chevalier (ridder) DE LANTREMANGE from Clervaux (Luxembourg)

Deodatus Josephus Ignatius chevalier (ridder) VAN DER MAESEN from Luxembourg

Jean Adolph Joseph chevalier (ridder) DE MARTINY from Luxembourg

Pierre Ferrant baron DE MONTIGNY from Noville (Luxembourg)
The title baron is hereditary but for the eldest son only.
The predicate écuyer (jonkheer / jonkvrouw) is hereditary for all other descendants of the body male.

Guillaume Joseph DE NEUNHEUSER d'AIGREMONT from Luxembourg

Charles Antoine Augustin d'OLYMART from Bettendorf (Luxembourg)

Joseph Léopold chevalier (ridder) DE PAPIGNY from Clemarais (Luxembourg)

Antoine Florent Albert DE PREZ d'AYE from Aye (Luxembourg)

Evrard Albert Joseph DE PREZ d'AYE from Aye (Luxembourg)

Charles Auguste baron DE TORNACO from Sanem (Luxembourg)
The title baron / baronne (barones) is hereditary for all descendants of the body male.

Jean Herman baron DE TRAPPÉ DE LOZANGE from Château Lozange (Luxembourg)
The title baron / baronne (barones) is hereditary for all descendants of the body male.

Charlemagne Hyacinthe Ferdinand DE VAULX DE BLEID from Bleid (Luxembourg)

Casimir Philippe Joseph Antoine René DE VILLERS MASBOURG from Mont (Luxembourg)

Adolphe Antoine Joseph Népomucène Nicolas chevalier (ridder) DE VILLERS MASBOURG from Berg (Luxembourg)
The title of chevalier (ridder) is hereditary for all male descendants.

François Xavier DE WAUTIER from Rolle (Luxembourg)
Old 04-09-2019, 01:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori138 View Post
On another note according to Hello and the Daily Mail, Tessy says that "there were some" that made sure she lost her title. Who do you think she is speaking of? She still sounds very bitter to me and yes, I agree with others here that the only thing she seemed to want (other than lots of money) was to keep her title.

Both articles make it sound, as well, that she is struggling to be a single mother and trying to work at the same time, which is patently untrue as both boys are in boarding school and she has all the free time in the world.
There was no one to make her to loose her title. It is an automatism from the House Laws. A spouse who is styled as princesse de Luxembourg, princesse de Nassau, princesse de Bourbon de Parme by virtue of marriage, looses this style by the termination of said marriage. Fairly simple.

And as you said: the princes are at boarding school. And in weekends and holidays there is also papa Prince Louis, who shares a mansion in Paris with his sister, complete with staff, as we learned from the court case. Papa will have quality time as well, with his sons. The maid will make the beds. The cook will undoubtedly present healthy food. Little worries for maman, in her free London house (even the utilities are paid for) I would say....
Old 04-11-2019, 02:40 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder what repercussions this divorce could have on the GDF... Could it trigger an update to the family bylaws? (i.e. - make decree nisi sufficient for loss of title) If another prince marries without consent, would GD Henri be less generous?

GD Jean only elevated Prince Jean's then-wife Hélène Vestur and children to Count/ess of Nassau in 1995 whereas GD Henri elevated the children to Prince/ss of Nassau in 2004. He didn't have to do that, right? GD Henri could have kept Tessy as "Tessy de Nassau" or elevated her to Countess de Nassau instead of Princess of Luxembourg.

I get the feeling the GDF will have a whole new appreciation for Hélène Vestur. No lengthy drama when she and Prince Jean divorced. She seems to be on good terms with the GDF. It wasn't necessary to invite her to weddings or Communion but they did anyway.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma View Post
I wonder what repercussions this divorce could have on the GDF... Could it trigger an update to the family bylaws? (i.e. - make decree nisi sufficient for loss of title) If another prince marries without consent, would GD Henri be less generous?

GD Jean only elevated Prince Jean's then-wife Hélène Vestur and children to Count/ess of Nassau in 1995 whereas GD Henri elevated the children to Prince/ss of Nassau in 2004. He didn't have to do that, right? GD Henri could have kept Tessy as "Tessy de Nassau" or elevated her to Countess de Nassau instead of Princess of Luxembourg.

I get the feeling the GDF will have a whole new appreciation for Hélène Vestur. No lengthy drama when she and Prince Jean divorced. She seems to be on good terms with the GDF. It wasn't necessary to invite her to weddings or Communion but they did anyway.

According to the House Laws a wife in an not approved marriage would be Countess of Nassau so the elevation of Tessy was an exception. Also children from not apprived marriages are Count/Countess of Nassau according to the House Law and i think this makes sense.

As it is now with all the children of not approved marriages raised to Prince/Princess of Nassau there is no difference between them and children of younger sons from approved marriages (Felix and Guillaumes"s children).

Old 04-11-2019, 06:56 AM
Heir Apparent

In their boarding School I suppose the 2 boys have the name de Nassau and not luxembourg.