The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-18-2017, 06:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
Just a minor point - Louis isn't the youngest son. Not that that alters the sadness of the news.
Oh wow...how did I forget Sebastien?! Thanks Florestane.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 01-18-2017, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

How sad that it has ended in divorce and lets hope its a painless one for their sons ,Princes Gabriel and Noah.

14th of July 1223 : Death of Philippe Auguste,King of France
Old 01-18-2017, 07:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Good luck to this little family in the future. I'm sorry to read about their divorce.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:46 PM
Serene Highness

I'm sorry to hear that they are getting a divorce.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:13 PM
Majesty

louis and tessy were such a strong couple in my eyes. i truly believe they were in love all these years and despite what people think i don't believe that a) they were forced to marry when tessy became pregnant or b) that tessy wanted anything other than love and a family when she married louis.

i felt they raised a lovely family, that tessy integrated in her role and in her new family like a fish in the water (proof of this is that she was given by the grand duke a title as princess of luxembourg after many years without one) and that she remained largely 'tessy anthony' despite the new privileges her position afforded her.

i am sad to hear they will no longer be a family and that tessy is no longer part of the GD family. she seemed like a hard working, pleasant, authentic lady and i am sure she will be missed in the grand ducal family.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:28 PM
Heir Apparent

How sad. Best wishes to both of them and their families
Old 01-18-2017, 10:35 PM
Heir Apparent

What work does she do? And Louis?
Old 01-18-2017, 10:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Since July of last year, after completing her masters in diplomatic studies, tessy has been working as director of communications for a private security firm.

Luxemburger Wort - New job for Luxembourg's Princess Tessy

Louis works in social corporate responsibility. This is with whom.
http://audacesimpact.eu/about-us/
Old 01-18-2017, 11:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Sad news. Best wishes to the family.
I agree with Moonmaiden; I don’t think the GDF forced the couple to marry.

Prince Louis is also pursuing a Master's in psycho-social studies, see:
Luxarazzi: Interview with Prince Louis and Princess Tessy (Incl. Translation)
Old 01-18-2017, 11:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Louis is the Chairman of the Audaces Foundation NextGen Council, since July 2016, according to his LinkedIn. And he is also an Advisory Committee Member at Audaces Impact.
H.R.H. Prince Louis de Luxembourg - Audaces Impact

The Audaces Foundation was founded in Brussels in 2012 by a group of nextgen leaders, philanthropists and entrepreneurs, as an independent non-profit organization, with the aim to raise awareness on impact investing.
Audaces Foundation - Audaces Impact

Louis's LinkedIn
Louis de Nassau _ LinkedIn
Old 01-18-2017, 11:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

I can't remember...were Louis (and his heirs) put back into the line of succession?

LaRae
Old 01-18-2017, 11:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I can't remember...were Louis (and his heirs) put back into the line of succession?

LaRae
No. Tessy and the boys were simply given titles. Amalia and Liam are the only grandkids in line.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Ok so the heir at this time is Guilluame then his brother Felix....ok thanks!

LaRae
Old 01-19-2017, 12:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Ok so the heir at this time is Guilluame then his brother Felix....ok thanks!

LaRae
Even if Louis and his sons were in line, it would be guillaume and Felix in the top two spots. Felix is older than Louis, he is second in line until his brother has kids.

Current
Guillaume
Felix
Amalia
Liam
Alexandra
Sebastian

If Louis And his sons were restored
Guillaume
Felix
Amalia
Liam
Louis
Gabriel
Noah
Alexandra
Sebastian

The highest effected would be Alexandra who would fall from fifth to eighth.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:48 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Princess Tessy of Luxembourg is divorcing Prince Louis | Daily Mail Online

"In a statement today, Princess Tessy said: 'I am very sad to confirm that Louis and I are getting divorced after 12 years together. 'Despite our separation, we will always remain unified by parenthood to our two precious boys. "

What an odd thing to do. The statement by the Luxembourg press office seems rather simular. So why release a seperate one for herself alone?
Old 01-19-2017, 01:10 AM
Royal Highness

A sad announcement and I'm confident that Louis and Tessy will remain close friends as well as excellent parents after the divorce. I might be wrong and will be the first to admit it, if events prove otherwise.
I admit the whole thing was a surprise because I don't belong to any social media sites due to privacy concerns. I do hope that the Grand Ducal Family and Tessy will be able to remain on a close and friendly relationship. It has always appeared that Tessy and Maria Teresa had a very close relationship during the marriage.
I don't know if Tessy will be able to keep her title after the divorce, but that may be up to Grand Duke Henri.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:10 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

the way of communication says to me that tessy was the driving force behind the separation, she wanted to get it done. i wonder what went on behind the scenes before she was allowed to go public. maybe thats why the 'cryptic messages', to speed up the process.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:23 AM
Royal Highness

That's a very good point. We don't know what went on in during the marriage and her cryptic messages nor we probably never will which is the business of Tessy, Louis and the Grand Ducal family anyway. I hope for the best anyway.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm very sorry to hear this- I liked them as a couple.

Unfortunately, it can happen when people marry very young and grow in different directions.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 01-19-2017, 02:00 AM

So sad news... :(

Does Tessy still keep her title?