The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-08-2017, 06:20 AM
Serene Highness

Yes, it is. But if you have a public role, it is perhaps wise to have a public and a private account to keep things separate.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:05 AM
Serene Highness

Why? Tessy doesn't seem to have any problems with it so why should we?

Old 11-08-2017, 07:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Isn't the point with it being her Instagram and Facebook accounts that she can post whatever she wants?
Of course, but the more of your private life you share to strangers, the more you are judged and the more your content will be taken out of context. That's how social media works, unfortunately, and it is true for everyone famous and unknown.

For "famous" people (and institutions) also, if used effectively, social media is a tool for controlling image and ensuring you control the media narrative about your persona. It is either naive or brave of her to think she can post what she wants.

Old 11-08-2017, 04:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
If she wants a really private account she should either remove all the Media people and royal followers from her instagramm or make a new account which is only accessible by her real friends.
I dare say she's probably doing that, and there's no way we would know so speculation won't get us anywhere

Re her current account, on the face of it it would be difficult to sort out who's who with all the creative user names but it also promotes the important work she does

I'm truly surprised that not many seem to appreciate that

Her posts are so very mild and innocuous I continue to be amazed at the negativity they have garnered on this thread

Compare them the posts of Marie Chantal and particularly Maria Olympia of Greece.....
Old 12-07-2017, 03:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

"Princess Tessy loses court case to reveal financial offer to press"
https://twitter.com/royalmusing/stat...51149992099841

I'm going to bed and don't have time to summarize the long legal document below:

HRS Louis Xavier Marie Guillaume Prince of Luxembourg, Prince of Nassau and Prince of Bourbon-Parma v HRH Tessy Princess of Luxembourg, Princess of Nassau and Princess of Bourbon-Parma & Anor [2017] EWHC 3095 (Fam) (05 December 2017)

Hearing dates: 19 October 2017
HTML version of Judgement on 5 December 2017 on the restriction order
Old 12-07-2017, 05:49 AM
Gentry

Application for a Reporting Restriction Order

...to determine a dispute between 'the husband' and 'the wife' as to the proper ambit of a reporting restriction order applied for by the husband to regulate the reporting of these financial remedy proceedings. The Telegraph Media Group Ltd (hereafter 'TMG') is a respondent to the application.

Result:
This order prohibits the publishing or broadcasting in any newspaper, magazine, public computer network, internet website, sound or television broadcast or cable or satellite programme service or otherwise of:

(a) any information relating to the parties' finances, including their income, assets, financial resources, expenditure, financial needs or requirements;

(b) the address of the former matrimonial home identified in the Schedule to this order, any financial or legal information relating to the former matrimonial home and any information concerning the current or future arrangements in respect of the former matrimonial home;

(c) any information relating to the third party identified in the Schedule to this order;

(d) any settlement offers made in these proceedings, whether openly or without prejudice;

(e) any information relating to the parties' children as identified in the Schedule to this order;

whether such information is contained in disclosure or evidence provided in these proceedings by any party, potential party or witness, referred to in correspondence in these proceedings, or referred to in submissions made in these proceedings on behalf of the parties or others in writing or orally.

------------
In short, Tessy wants to publish some information about to rebute the negative allegations some media has against her; Louis applies to restrict the information she can publish; Judge ruled in Louis' favour.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:47 AM
Majesty

3rd party? Hmmmm

LaRae
Old 12-07-2017, 06:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatianacressida View Post
There is no logical basis for Tessy to have a title after the divorce. It seems common in the modern royal fandom to expect a title for everyone, as if just being married and divorced to a prince for a period of time merits a woman to come away with a title for life. The Alexandra case was extraordinary enough. Really, in Alexandra's case it did not make any logical sense, though I suppose it was just the Queen's way of showing her respect for all the charity work she had done and continued to some extent. For Tessy to take a title after divorce, I think it would be equally if not more illogical. Why? Just keep it simple. Not married to the prince anymore? OK, not a princess. It goes back to the way it was before the marriage. Let her revert back to her name. There's nothing wrong with her name. :)
My feeling is that Tessy hasn't always been wise in what she posted. She seems to have remedied that. However, I still have a problem with the whole "Princess" thing which seems to be a "branding tool" for her endeavours. It does not mean she gets to keep it. That is just the way it is.

Excuse my ignorance but what was the "Alexandra" case? I'm really intrigued. I 'get' the "Princess Alice" thing but am not up with the other
Old 12-07-2017, 07:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
My feeling is that Tessy hasn't always been wise in what she posted. She seems to have remedied that. However, I still have a problem with the whole "Princess" thing which seems to be a "branding tool" for her endeavours. It does not mean she gets to keep it. That is just the way it is.

Excuse my ignorance but what was the "Alexandra" case? I'm really intrigued.
Joachim of Denmark's ex Alexandra was granted the title 'Countess of Fredriksborg' by QM after divorce.

What a shame that 2 adults cannot find a solution behind closed doors but drag their family issues in the mud.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
3rd party? Hmmmm

LaRae
The First Party is Prince Louis of Luxembourg
The Second Party is Tessy Antony
The Third Party is the Telegraph Media Group
Old 12-07-2017, 07:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The First Party is Prince Louis of Luxembourg
The Second Party is Tessy Antony
The Third Party is the Telegraph Media Group
Ah...ok I either missed it or forgot about it...why are the Telegraph Media Group being involved, what did they publish that is pertaining to this case?

LaRae
Old 12-07-2017, 08:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Ah...ok I either missed it or forgot about it...why are the Telegraph Media Group being involved, what did they publish that is pertaining to this case?

LaRae
Tessy feels aggrieved by the (social) media portraying her as a gold digger. Prince Louis -wiser and sadder- understands Tessy's feelings but feels ignoring (social media) is the best option, how hard that might be. Tessy wanted to disclose details of the couple's private information to the media (Telegraph Media Group) to show that she can not be blamed for being a gold digger.

Prince Louis has protested. Yes: he is a son of the Grand-Duke, but he has no public role in or outside Luxembourg. To illustrate this: he is a student and he lived an anonymous life in the USA en now in the United Kingdom. The Prince feels that his (and his childrens') right on having an undisturbed private lifesphere (an European Human Right) would be infringed when Tessy and the Telegraph would go in detail.

The Telegraph plays the drum of Freedom of Expression / Freedom of Press. The British Judge however followed the EU jurisprudence, set in various lawsuits: infringement of the right on an undisturbed private life can only be allowed when the right of the general public (the public interest) outweighs the right on having an undisturbed private lifesphere.

The British Judge agreed with Prince Louis that "the public interest" -in this case- did not outweigh his and his childrens' right on an undisturbed private life. There was no justification to give private details to the public. The British Judge agreed with Prince Louis' viewpoint and dismissed Tessy and The Telegraph.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for all these infos
Old 12-07-2017, 09:27 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Thanks for the clarifications. I missed this law suit as well.

AFAIK Prince Louis has not dragged anybody or anything through the mud. Only Tessy and her 'friends' did.

A wise decision by the British court btw.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:42 AM
Majesty

Many thanks Duc!

LaRae
Old 12-07-2017, 06:04 PM
Aristocracy

It is astonishing how immature she is. Sorry but there is no other word for it. Immaturity is not a crime by itself, but it is surprising to find it so pronounced in her. She seems to feel entitled to everything, even to our good opinion, and she does not like that anyone out there might not have a good opinion of her.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:18 PM
Serene Highness

Well, not liking that others might not have a good opinion of her is a natural reaction. I would like it if all the people around me would like me, but you can't please everyone.
While I don't agree that going to the media with her story is a wise thing to do. If Tessy is going to try and find a new job in a sector that heavily depends on public opinion, then wanting to alter that opinion in her favour is a natural thing to do. Not neccessarily a wise thing, but understandable.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I have to say, but I agree with Prince Louis and the British court in this case. Tessy is only making the situation more hurtful for herself by airing her private feelings and releasing private statistics as she is "feeding the trolls". She has known Louis for a long time and should realise that this is the sort of thing that royals and other people in the public eye regularly get, particularly in the tabloids. She should just remember that tabloids are mere rag trade and are not to be taken seriously - or personally. They would do the same to anyone well known in her position. The tabloids will see her as an easy target because they will know that she is sensitive about their content and portrayals of her; and will only continue.
I have learnt myself through my own internet exchanges that ignoring those who are spreading negativity is the best reaction. Unfortunately the tabloids will never learn because it's how they make their money.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-09-2017, 01:59 AM
Royal Highness

The Court made the correct decision in this case. I realize that Tessy is a smart young woman who has achieved many admirable goals while married and raising two young boys with Louis. That being said, Tessy has not made wise choices during the divorce proceedings with her social media postings. Yes, she may want to court public opinion to side with her is natural, but not wise at all. Public opinion can back fire on her and she'll be left regretting actions.
To petition the Court to release private details of the couple's info just because she's upset the media labeled her a gold digger, was an immature move for a woman who portrays herself as strong, educated and independent. She needs to get over it, get through the divorce and begin a new life. Oh and never, ever talk in negative terms or bad mouth Louis to the boys.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Tessy feels aggrieved by the (social) media portraying her as a gold digger. Prince Louis -wiser and sadder- understands Tessy's feelings but feels ignoring (social media) is the best option, how hard that might be. Tessy wanted to disclose details of the couple's private information to the media (Telegraph Media Group) to show that she can not be blamed for being a gold digger.

Prince Louis has protested. Yes: he is a son of the Grand-Duke, but he has no public role in or outside Luxembourg. To illustrate this: he is a student and he lived an anonymous life in the USA en now in the United Kingdom. The Prince feels that his (and his childrens') right on having an undisturbed private lifesphere (an European Human Right) would be infringed when Tessy and the Telegraph would go in detail.

The Telegraph plays the drum of Freedom of Expression / Freedom of Press. The British Judge however followed the EU jurisprudence, set in various lawsuits: infringement of the right on an undisturbed private life can only be allowed when the right of the general public (the public interest) outweighs the right on having an undisturbed private lifesphere.

The British Judge agreed with Prince Louis that "the public interest" -in this case- did not outweigh his and his childrens' right on an undisturbed private life. There was no justification to give private details to the public. The British Judge agreed with Prince Louis' viewpoint and dismissed Tessy and The Telegraph.
Thanks Duc

I expected far better from Tessy. Seriously, courting the media to "help" her image is a very naïve thought. She isn't thinking before acting. Unfortunately for her, this will tarnish her reputation