Prince Louis and Princess Tessy to Divorce: January 18, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So....with the exception of Guillaume, the Heir...and Felix, who basically married a blank check:lol:...Sebastian, Louis and Alexandra will need to work when their grand father and their parents leave the scene permanently?

Or will they be dependent upon big brother Guillaume's generosity? I am a little confused about how this will work.:ermm:

Btw...I am 100 % certain that Louis's family and their lawyers began to devise ways to protect him financially literally the SECOND their then teenaged son informed them that he was soon to become a daddy.:D

Immature eternal teenager? You are quick with conclusions. :ohmy:

What would you call it if a guy in his 30 is living off his parents for everything. He's lucky his parents have the money to support him . I mean everybody can fall on hard times and end up needing help but he seems to have moved out physically but not mentally .

What would you call it if a guy in his 30 is living off his parents for everything. He's lucky his parents have the money to support him . I mean everybody can fall on hard times and end up needing help but he seems to have moved out physically but not mentally .
I totally agree with you….

It is hard to believe that the divorce saga has been settled. Hopefully Madame de Nassau (?) got what she wanted.

So....with the exception of Guillaume, the Heir...and Felix, who basically married a blank check:lol:...Sebastian, Louis and Alexandra will need to work when their grand father and their parents leave the scene permanently?

Or will they be dependent upon big brother Guillaume's generosity? I am a little confused about how this will work.:ermm:

Btw...I am 100 % certain that Louis's family and their lawyers began to devise ways to protect him financially literally the SECOND their then teenaged son informed them that he was soon to become a daddy.:D

100%

So much of my opinion of him and the grand ducal family shifted when I read that he said he was expected to support himself. They certainly didn’t seem to have that expectation before the divorce, given that he’s reached this age without getting even a token job. It seems that’s an aspect of the family pact that’s carried out to the fullest only when it’s convenient.

Now, I’m not going to totally sign onto the idea that she grew up and he didn’t, but she does know what an actual modest lifestyle is (as opposed to modest...for a prince) and I don’t think she’s interested in going all the way back to actual modest living after getting used to royal life. Honestly, I doubt the grand ducal family would want their young princlings living in actual normal people conditions during their time with mom, either. Her behavior and the case make more sense to me after seeing what her income is and what sneaky twisting the family was trying to do to make it seem like Louis has little money available to him (never mind that it’s all just for funtime spending money given that all his essentials are provided). Had this order not gone the way it did, or had she not had the protection of an legally binding agreement, her income would have needed to cover all the housing costs, etc. necessary to do her part in raising her children as royals are raised. She needed to pin Louis down to an agreement in court because she could have been hung out to dry otherwise.

Even her social media stuff...given that her resume has a huge hole in it from the time when she was just Princess-ing and not doing work that most employers recognize as work, and that her jobs have all been in the PR/Communications realm (iirc), I wouldn’t be surprised if her visibility is considered one of the primary assets she has to offer her employers. And she’s been scrambling to stay visible. Now, I think she’s made immature choices in terms of the kind of visibility she’s pursued. I think her choices in that area carry a high chance of backfiring, but I can sort of see what thinking might be behind them.

For me, when reading any of the comments made about their relationship (when it all came out they were separated/separating) there were hints or implications that Louis was the one who wanted to end things.

IIRC, the fact that they spent Christmas in two different countries, not long before the announcement, was a big flag.

LaRae

To quote Marg: "I think the GD family were probably proud of Louis work with NGO's, his year-long internship with the Red Cross and his charitable endeavours while still in Switzerland at school."

Note that in those circles working for charities, the Church or NGO's is seen as a virtue. After all they do not depend on a nine-to-five job to make ends meet. It is the old school royalty. Princess Margaret in the UK, Princess Margriet in the NL, Princess Astrid in Belgium, they have never had one day of paid work in their entire life.

Last edited:
This board is totaly unrespectful towards HRH Prince Louis. He is living in Paris with his sister. The Grand Duchess is often seen in Paris. Perhaps he has reasons not to work for the moment.
My Friends in Luxembourg feel so sorry for the Grand Ducal famlly. They accepted Tessy as their daughter and now...

To quote Marg: "I think the GD family were probably proud of Louis work with NGO's, his year-long internship with the Red Cross and his charitable endeavours while still in Switzerland at school."

Note that in those circles working for charities, the Church or NGO's is seen as a virtue. After all they do not depend on a nine-to-five job to make ends meet. It is the old school royalty. Princess Margaret in the UK, Princess Margriet in the NL, Princess Astrid in Belgium, they have never had one day of paid work in their entire life.

I think that work is admirable, and I personally am satisfied with royals making that their work. I don’t think it’s shameful of Louis to live off his family if he’s doing that work. BUT that is fundamentally different from the claim he made to the court that he has to be financially independent.

Either his claim was accurate and he just hasn’t bothered doing so all this time, despite being a full grown man with a wife and kids. Or he was exaggerating the expectation to manipulate the court. Neither is anything to admire.

I think Louis wishes to be financially independent but is unable to find steady, paid employment for whatever reason. He has been a consultant at Laurent Meeschaert conseil since May 2018. Related to that, Louis seems to be working with Puissance Dys as he appeared in their videos about dyslexia, see their Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyFIVEE4COwVVh5kdkss-Wg/videos

Louis' professional history according to his LinkedIn profile. He is fortunate in his allowance and inheritance monies while he builds up his consultancy or figures out a better plan.

Consultant, Laurent Meeschaert conseil
May 2018 - present

Chairman, NextGen Council
Audaces Foundation
July 2016 – July 2018

Advisory Committee Member
Audaces Impact
July 2016 – July 2018
Representing the Audaces Foundation on Audaces Impact Advisory Committee

Projects Coordinator & Public Relations
European Landowners' Organization
February 2015 – July 2015

2006-2014 stints as marketing researcher, assistant marketing, assistant forest guard, and secretarial assistant with a gap from 2009-2013 probably for university.

This board is totaly unrespectful towards HRH Prince Louis. He is living in Paris with his sister. The Grand Duchess is often seen in Paris. Perhaps he has reasons not to work for the moment.
My Friends in Luxembourg feel so sorry for the Grand Ducal famlly. They accepted Tessy as their daughter and now...

What did they expect of Tessy? Did she or did she not preform to what the job required of her? I watched over the years and saw a young girl trying to do her best, she did not IMHO want to outshine Louis or the family. It takes *2* to make a marriage and break that marriage, not one! These were 2 immature kids who did what immature kids do at that age and had a baby and marriage had to be done as the royal family did not want illegitimate children IMHO attached to their name. Tessy seems ambitious yet not always thinking straight as to what is good for her right now, she seems like she is on an emotional rolly coaster, up and down and every which way and needs strong hands to guide her, she is in the phrase called *sink or swim* right now not sure what the hell to do. Louis is lost, he does not seem to me to be a hard working young man, he has been handed everything on a silver platter all his life and expects the same now and it is a given.......yes people fall on hard times yet I seriously doubt Louis knows what hard times are. He was married, has *2* children and from what I see rarely sees them, he does not support them (his parents do which he is lucky they have the money) and work, well that leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion of him. He is a handsome young man who would make a great model and rich playboy. Is that what the royal family wants for him or not? Just 2 kids caught up in the consequences of their behavior with children of their own...sad!

I think that work is admirable, and I personally am satisfied with royals making that their work. I don’t think it’s shameful of Louis to live off his family if he’s doing that work. BUT that is fundamentally different from the claim he made to the court that he has to be financially independent.

Either his claim was accurate and he just hasn’t bothered doing so all this time, despite being a full grown man with a wife and kids. Or he was exaggerating the expectation to manipulate the court. Neither is anything to admire.

It was the task of the Court to determine the husband's financial position. It became clear that there is an expectation for the Prince and his siblings to become financially independent as the whole financial situation currently totally depends on the will, the pleasure, the grace and the favour of the Grand-Duke. By stressing that this is a completely voluntarily arrangement from the side of his father, it becomes clear that this means no guaranteed income. At the same time it is clear that the Prince and his siblings are given all opportunities to pursue their own private goals and interests in life and that there seems not to be too much of a pressure on them to earn money as soon as possible.

That is just an objectivation the Court needed to decide in the financial arrangements around the divorce.

Last edited:
My only issue with the "she grew up, he didn't" argument is that her instagram account and some of her other behaviour does not appear to be that of somebody I would calla grown up and appears pretty immature in itself.

I am glad for both of them, their boys and the Grand Ducal family that this is over. Hopefully they can all move on and I just hope Louis and Tessy both learn from this and also both keep private things private.

They married when Gabriel was six months, not while Tessy was still pregnant with him; the couple didn't want a shotgun wedding and Grand Ducal Couple accepted that.

i can't believe tessy (or her lawyer) told the judge that 'louis' grand ducal family can pay for any settlement the judge decides'. that is ridiculous - in no other divorce the family is expected to pay for settlement. it is presumptious of her to think that will be the case, and it hurts her image - she sounds like a spoilt girl.

having said that, 4000 pounds per year per child is not really very much even if tessy has her accommodation needs covered. does she then live in a property owned by the grand ducal family (or louis)?

I think Louis wishes to be financially independent but is unable to find steady, paid employment for whatever reason. He has been a consultant at Laurent Meeschaert conseil since May 2018. Related to that, Louis seems to be working with Puissance Dys as he appeared in their videos about dyslexia, see their Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyFIVEE4COwVVh5kdkss-Wg/videos

Louis' professional history according to his LinkedIn profile. He is fortunate in his allowance and inheritance monies while he builds up his consultancy or figures out a better plan.

Consultant, Laurent Meeschaert conseil
May 2018 - present

Chairman, NextGen Council
Audaces Foundation
July 2016 – July 2018

Advisory Committee Member
Audaces Impact
July 2016 – July 2018
Representing the Audaces Foundation on Audaces Impact Advisory Committee

Projects Coordinator & Public Relations
European Landowners' Organization
February 2015 – July 2015

2006-2014 stints as marketing researcher, assistant marketing, assistant forest guard, and secretarial assistant with a gap from 2009-2013 probably for university.

Either Louis or his parents gave an interview recently where they addressed some sort of learning disability. I cannot remember what it was, but perhaps it has impacted his prospects for employment?

As for Tessy, I did admire her during her marriage to Louis, not so much afterward. I am going to admit that I do not feel sad for her at all. This is a young lady from a middle or lower middle class background who was provided an elite education and had doors opened for her that many of us could not dream of... all because the scion of a wealthy European Royal family fell in love and created a child with her.

I am not saying she would be nothing without them, but I am pretty certain that she would not have advanced degrees and UN connections without her in laws. She would not be living in a mansion in a fashionable part of London.

And I am 100% certain that she would not be on Instagram frequently reminding her fans and followers that "I am the mother of two PRINCES" without her Grand Ducal connections.

My strong advice to this young woman is to accept what you got out of this experience and peace out.

Last edited:
i can't believe tessy (or her lawyer) told the judge that 'louis' grand ducal family can pay for any settlement the judge decides'. that is ridiculous - in no other divorce the family is expected to pay for settlement. it is presumptious of her to think that will be the case, and it hurts her image - she sounds like a spoilt girl.

having said that, 4000 pounds per year per child is not really very much even if tessy has her accommodation needs covered. does she then live in a property owned by the grand ducal family (or louis)?
It's accomodation and schooling and all other necessities if I understand it correctly, so the 8000 pound a year is 'spending money' for the princes.

I do somewhat understand while this time the family was relevant in the settlement as the young family lived of that same family during their marriage. Nonetheless, it doesn't make sense at all to expect them to cover for your lifestyle just because you got used to it. It's not that she had to take care of the children and therefore had no opportunity to start a career. It's exactly the opposite!

Either Louis or his parents gave an interview recently where they addressed some sort of learning disability. I cannot remember what it was, but perhaps it has impacted his prospects for employment?

It has been well known for quite a while that Louis has dyslexia.
From the website of Laurent Meeschaert Conseil, where he is a consultant
"He has a strong understanding and will to help within dyslexia due to first hand experience and formations given by Beatrice Sauvageot who is one of the leading experts in this field."
Our team - LAURENT MEESCHAERT Consultants

Beatrice Sauvageot is the founder of Puissance Dys.
Beatrice Sauvageot

... [snipped]
As for Tessy, I did admire her during her marriage to Louis, not so much afterward. I am going to admit that I do not feel sad for her at all. This is a young lady from a middle or lower middle class background who was provided an elite education and had doors opened for her that many of us could not dream of... all because the scion of a wealthy European Royal family fell in love and created a child with her.
I am not saying she would be nothing without them, but I am pretty certain that she would not have advanced degrees and UN connections without her in laws. She would not be living in a mansion in a fashionable part of London.
And I am 100% certain that she would not be on Instagram frequently reminding her fans and followers that "I am the mother of two PRINCES" without her Grand Ducal connections.
My strong advice to this young woman is to accept what you got out of this experience and peace out.
my bolding

This is the point many people fail to notice. The Grand Ducal family's connections were an amazing launch pad for Ms Tessy Antony. She had an access to best colleges that offer a prospect of good employment.

Last edited:
Totally, Tessy's biggest financial benefit was never going to come from the divorce but from the fact that the Grand Ducal family paid for her to study and have access to the best education possible regardless of cost. It not only(we assume) paid for her courses but for her and Louis to live in a lifestyle allowing them to study at leisure. In turn that has allowed her to get the well paid job she now has.

Would the ruling allow Tessy to purchase half the property in which she now lives, effectively owning it in partnership with the Lux. family?

The court outcome makes it difficult for Tessy to have continuity of home whilst also being a home owner.

Last edited:
my bolding

This is the point many people fail to notice. The Grand Ducal family's connections were an amazing launch pad for Ms Tessy Antony. She had an access to best colleges that offer a prospect of good employment.

And because of all that excellent education and time in college at her leisure (?) just what does Tessy owe them? Should she now being divorced pay them back for that education and if so, then is there a price for her participating in all the events that came with the duties being married to Louis that the royal family would owe her? I would like to think it is a 2 way street here, she did what was expected of her in those royal duties and they paid for her education, both sides *equal* it seems to me.

And because of all that excellent education and time in college at her leisure (?) just what does Tessy owe them? Should she now being divorced pay them back for that education and if so, then is there a price for her participating in all the events that came with the duties being married to Louis that the royal family would owe her? I would like to think it is a 2 way street here, she did what was expected of her in those royal duties and they paid for her education, both sides *equal* it seems to me.

:previous:This

Tessy owes her ex inlaws nothing. The utter prejudice astonishes me...do the same posters feel that HGD Stephanie also now owes her inlaws whilst studying in London? Because I'll bet you anything the de Lannoy's are not contributing a cent to her postgrad studies.

IIRC Tessy has dragged her in-laws through the mud. She dragged her husband through the mud in the Daily Mail etc. She has been making a spectacle of herself for quite some time now, staring even before the divorce with this comment:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJDv3gnDY9k/?taken-by=tessy_de_luxembourg

The wedding gave Tessy access to good schools, different people, a life in downtown London etc. To her credit she has used these opportunities to the fullest. But some gratitude or at the very least some decency to the grandparents of your children would be nice. Especially considering the examplary behavior of the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess when she got knocked up. Many parents -royal or not- would have been less supportive.

Last edited:
IIRC Tessy has dragged her in-laws through the mud. She dragged her husband through the mud in the Daily Mail etc. She has been making a spectacle of herself for quite some time now, staring even before the divorce with this comment:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJDv3gnDY9k/?taken-by=tessy_de_luxembourg

The wedding gave Tessy access to good schools, different people, a life in downtown London etc. To her credit she has used these opportunities to the fullest. But some gratitude or at the very least some decency to the grandparents of your children would be nice. Especially considering the examplary behavior of the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess when she got knocked up. Many parents -royal or not- would have been less supportive.

Agreed. And at this post in the end of 2017 it is very easy to think that ""Fake" family" means the grand ducal family.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BdVUydCBusS/

Tessy should not have posted that post at all.

Last edited:
:previous:
:previous:

This:
Tessy is very *ANGRY* and is acting out on that anger which is putting her in a bad light. I get that, having gone through a very nasty divorce after 30 some years, I acted out...I wanted revenge(and believe me I have damn good reason for that revenge), I was more then furious at being treated like a 2nd class piece of garbage by a family that thought they were above everyone because of who they were.........I get her. Her rage is making her do things that are unbelievable to herself and her family.........nobody could talk to me or reason with me till I hit bottom, the same be for Tessy. As I said before it takes *2* to make and break a marriage, there is something very wrong in what happened to make her and Louis split, that is between them and his family I bet......No, she shouldn't have bad mouthed his family or made fun of them yet we all do things when rageful and angry and we live with those regrets. As I said.......*When we are young, dumb and foolish, all the decisions and mistakes we make then come back to haunt us when we are older and wise*........I can attest to that very well and live with it and made the changes to make me a better person as she will someday.

Tessy is given the free choice of residence, including the covering of utility and maintenance costs, in Greater London until her children have finished studies and left the marital home. The residence may have a purchase price of 1,5 million Pounds max, it will be purchased and administered by the Administration des Biens de S. A. R. le Grand-Duc Henri de Luxembourg. This means that in a 20 years or so Tessy will have to leave the home and be responsible for her own residence. The arrangement is clearly constructed with the welfare and wellbeing of the children in mind, not primarily Tessy.

It would not surprise me when, at the end of their studies, the Grand-Duke will order the Administration des Biens to register the now 1,5 million property (but in 20 years much more) into the shared ownership of the two siblings. Like the Paris' property where Prince Louis currently lives with his sister Princess Alexandra, is registered with all their siblings as co-owners.

Last edited:
:previous:This

Tessy owes her ex inlaws nothing. The utter prejudice astonishes me...do the same posters feel that HGD Stephanie also now owes her inlaws whilst studying in London? Because I'll bet you anything the de Lannoy's are not contributing a cent to her postgrad studies.

Count and the late Countess de Lannoy had already provided their youngest daughter with the finest education money could buy in Belgium, France, Germany and Russia which included a post graduate Masters degree. If she had not married Guillaume she would no doubt be cooling her heels at the family castle or town home and working at an ornamental job until some other suitable spouse came along.

Her situation, background and prospects were as different as night and day from Tessy Anthony's. She did not need her husband's family to give her a leg up..she was already near the top of the rung when she married.

And something tells me that if Stephanie's marriage to Guillaume fails she will not be going on social media to trash her husband and his family and demand to be allowed to keep her perks....it just doesn't seem like the type of thing she would do, imo.

Claire either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom