The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-18-2017, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope for them that they are able to have a peaceful divorce. Not only for them but only for their boys.

What a strange day for me. Today I got from them my reply for my christmas card and now this news.

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:14 PM
Majesty

How lovely of both you and TRH!

The Luxembourgish Grand Ducal family dealt with the "scandal" of Louis and Tessy's teen pregnancy crisis with exemplary dignity...quietly and privately.

I am sure they will handle the separation and divorce with the same class for which I have come to admire this family.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 01-18-2017, 02:24 PM
Majesty

Princess Tessy of Luxembourg is divorcing Prince Louis | Daily Mail Online

"In a statement today, Princess Tessy said: 'I am very sad to confirm that Louis and I are getting divorced after 12 years together. 'Despite our separation, we will always remain unified by parenthood to our two precious boys. "

Old 01-18-2017, 02:25 PM
Serene Highness

No one knows what goes on in anyone's marriage, to assume tessy doesn't need her husband anymore is ridiculous. They were young when they married and had two children together. People grow and change.
It happens to older couples as well.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I missed the 'cryptic' messages on social media completely so this comes as a surprise.

At the time I did not understand why his family seemed to encourage the two to marry at such a young age. A teen (early twenty)-pregnancy is hardly a stable base for a succesful partnership. People tend to change a lot during their twenties, as I am sure they did.
Well, I guess a devout catholic family like the grand ducal one in Luxembourg might have thought it couldn´t dare to have a son fathering a child of a woman he is not married to. The result we see are the sad news of today...

I guess if Louis had been just a normal guy, a student, a mechanic, whoever, they would have stayed together for a while, perhaps without ever getting married and then seperated at some point.
A high profiled social status doesn´t make things easy, I guess...
Old 01-18-2017, 02:42 PM
Majesty

The mini-tantrum Tessy threw online when some people (correctly imo) pointed out that she has had doors opened to her and privileges granted that she might not have if she hadn't met and married a Royal prince was kind of a clue to me about HRH's feelings about striking out on her own.

In fact it sparked my first suspicion that she might be feeling her oats and is ready to move on to a new life, independent of her husband and his family.

But ICAM, the only two people who know what drove them apart in the end are Louis and Tessy.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 01-18-2017, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Second Divorce in the Grand Ducal RF after Prince Jean with Hélène Vestur who had also a daughter before their wedding.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:57 PM
Royal Highness

for crying out loud, what where the notorious posts on instagram about?
Old 01-18-2017, 03:01 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
for crying out loud, what where the notorious posts on instagram about?
Tessy made several posts over the past few months where, if she referred to Louis at all, it was only ever about him as a father. In fact, I don't think she posted a picture of just the two of them since a behind the scenes picture of what many assumed were their tenth anniversary portraits (taken during National Day) that - coincidentally - were never released. Then, she spent the Christmas holidays in Florida with her sons and without Louis.
Save
Old 01-18-2017, 03:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Strange interview from Marcin Lobacz about Princess Tessy wearing his dresses in Luxarazzi.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Louis and Princess Tessy to divorce

That's very sad they had gone through so much as a young couple. I thought they were a tight family how sad.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 01-18-2017, 04:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Does she keep her title?
I don't think she is allowed to keep the style and title. But maybe GD Henri issues some letter telling otherwise, but I tend to think no. Maybe she will be plain Mrs. Tessy de Nassau?

Luxarazzi has an article about it, but they also just can speculate at the moment

http://www.luxarazzi.com/2017/01/the...-tessy-of.html

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 01-18-2017, 04:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Considering that it was more or less a forced marriage because she was pregnant (c"mon we all know that), 10 years is not that bad...
I'm not surprised at all.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:07 PM
Aristocracy

Luxarazzi: The Future Title of Princess Tessy of Luxembourg
Old 01-18-2017, 05:07 PM
Majesty

I strongly disagree that it was a "forced marriage" Nico. The time to force the couple to marry was after the discovery of Tessy's pregnancy and on the contrary...she and Louis were never pressured to marry before the birth. There has never been even the slightest indication that the anyone pressured them to either end the pregnancy(an unthinkable option according to at least one interview by the Grand Duchess) or marry to have the baby be born in wedlock.

I admired the LRF a lot for that.

Louis and Tessy waited until their son was born and almost a year old to marry and they were obviously very much in love at their wedding and for most of the years that followed. They kept such a low profile after the birth of the child(which took place outside of the Grand Duchy btw) that no one would have been the wiser or blamed him if Louis had simply agreed to support Tessy and their son but remained single.

This entire sad situation reinforces my belief that one cannot judge a couples' relationship by how it appears on the outside. There is a strong tendency both on this board and others to assume that if a couple is very lovey dovey in photos and affectionate(as Louis and Tessy were) that it's a true love match that will go the distance and that if a couples' public style is more restrained the opposite is true.

Joachim/Alexandra of Denmark, Andrew/Sarah of Britain and now lately Tessy and Louis of Lux are the latest example that this is not always the case.

ETA: I cannot see Henri and MT forcing Tessy to relinquish her title of Princess. It just doesn't seem like their style.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:21 PM
Serene Highness

I'm shocked! I really thought that this was a solid marriage and that Tessy was well-ensconced in the Royal Family once they hit the 10 year mark, and once she received the title. Hope all will be well for the children.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Second Divorce in the Grand Ducal RF after Prince Jean with Hélène Vestur who had also a daughter before their wedding.
Exactly, and they are in almost the same exact situation. I wonder....
Old 01-18-2017, 05:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Not surprised after learning they spent Christmas apart.

Hopefully they can remain amicable during the divorce for the sake of the boys.

LaRae
Old 01-18-2017, 05:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I was one of the first on this Forum to express dismay at the news that the then teenage youngest son of the Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg had impregnated his girlfriend.
Just a minor point - Louis isn't the youngest son. Not that that alters the sadness of the news.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I am very sad. I loved this family but I follow her on Instagram and I had noticed Louis was rarely present and always alone with the boys