Prince Louis and Princess Tessy to Divorce: January 18, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She's got to start being more media savvy if she wants to be the next Kim K

And you are under the impression she wants to be a Kardashian why????

She went from a gold digger to now a shameless self promoter :bang:

Tessy has an issue becoming Kim K for one reason. Being that her social media is not public. She isn't pimping her images out there for self promotion. Her social media is private. There is nothing on her social media I haven't seen on any friend's page, talking clothes, food, her kids. She does model designers, but that is for photos for charity events she is attending.

I love how people's opinion sharply changes with divorce. A year ago Tessy was applauded for finishing her masters degree, having a successful career, and her charity work. Now a year later all that is forgotten and she is a shameless media whore out to drain her ex dry. Not to mention of course the insinuations she has a boy toy waiting in the wings.

I love how people's opinion sharply changes with divorce. A year ago Tessy was applauded for finishing her masters degree, having a successful career, and her charity work. Now a year later all that is forgotten and she is a shameless media whore out to drain her ex dry. Not to mention of course the insinuations she has a boy toy waiting in the wings.

I cannot agree with you more! The double standards astonishes me. Had she been a "blood royal" princess or this had been Prince Louis, the comments would be VERY different.

:previous:
:previous:Countessmeout and Crown Princess Java...........totally agree with both of you and when one side does not go by the standards that they have set for everyone then dump the person on the side of the garbage dump, that is what is happening to Tessy. She does need to be quiet now yet I get the feeling that she is angry and very hurt by Louis and is fighting back anyway she can, like other members of royal families that have done that. It is not for her benefit yet I do understand what she is doing and going through.

The term "unreasonable behavior" could mean he is having an affair.

Tessy has an issue becoming Kim K for one reason. Being that her social media is not public. She isn't pimping her images out there for self promotion. Her social media is private.

Her Instagram account was actually public at the beginning and for a very long time. It is quite recently that it changed to private.

Anyway, whatever reason behind the divorce or whoever is involved (if any) will be known one day. Time always tell.
The divorce will be final sooner or later , allowing each party involved to move on with his/her life.

It was Tessy she who gave an interview to RTL. It was she who decided to have an instagram account with 6000 followers, many of whom journalists. It was she who chose to flaunt her lifestyle there. It was she who decided to post nasty/ poor-little-me messages there. It was she who decided to make this divorce a spectacle. So it is not illogical to suspect that it was she who is talking/ has friends talk to the DM. The story is harldy interesting enough for them to put an investigative journalist on it.

If the princess really feels she is too good for her husband she can console herself with the thought that she can learn a thing or two at least: shut up about private matters, stop whining -especially while on holiday in Dubai with or without two Chanel bags, and stop talking to the press. If not for her own sake then at least for the sake of her children.

I didn’t think it was illogical to suggest so either, I just thought that we will never know for sure so all we can do is speculate.

It’s a difficult situation for Tessy because she has not been totally “innocent” in the matter as she has, as you have said, made her lifestyle and feelings very public on her Instagram, which she should know is a grey area for someone in her position. I like Tessy but I don’t think it was wise of her to use her Instagram in that way.

Unlike in most European where the State simply registers that both parties want to end a legal union (a partnership or a marriage), in the UK still a "reason" has to be filled in. Even when nothing happens, just a divorce in mutual agreement, still a "reason" must be given. Adultery? Eh.. no... Unreasonable behaviour? Uh... let us choose that yes...

Last edited:
"Spheno
It looks like she want to be new Kim K."

"Empress Merel
She's got to start being more media savvy if she wants to be the next Kim K"

Are you two really serious?

I can't imagine what she is going through with divorce and 2 kids and going up against one of the richest families in the world and certainly in Luxembourg, but I admit to being one of the people who viewed her favorably before the divorce. I admire that she seems to want to pursue noble goals and advance her career but her charitable causes that she wants so much to highlight are a little messy. I've mentioned before that she reminds me of celebrity-philanthropists who have marginal knowledge of the causes they want to help out. She has to focus first on building her credentials and becoming an expert in her own right so that she is more credible in what she does instead of just lending her name and face to a cause.

Anyway, I agree with those who've said she should be more private. You can't win PR wars through social media whining.

I can't imagine what she is going through with divorce and 2 kids and going up against one of the richest families in the world and certainly in Luxembourg, [...]

The grand-ducal family is really not one of the richest in the world or even in Luxembourg. There are some 20 billionaires in the Grand-Duchy and none from the grand-ducal family amongst them.

When Grand-Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte passed away, the Grand-Duke (her son) wanted to sell parts of her estate for the financial provision of his siblings. Amongst the items were well-known stunning royal jewels worn by their mother, which sparked protest.

The auction was cancelled, but nevertheless in the years after 2006 bit by bit items from the grand-ducal family has been sold off to free money: furnitures, artworks, lesser known jewels, silver-, gold- and crystalware, acres of estate, etc.

:previous:

I was aware I exaggerated on that but it certainly wasn't my point. Interesting information you shared though! I should have mentioned most powerful. ;)

And you are under the impression she wants to be a Kardashian why????

She went from a gold digger to now a shameless self promoter :bang:

Tessy has an issue becoming Kim K for one reason. Being that her social media is not public. She isn't pimping her images out there for self promotion. Her social media is private. There is nothing on her social media I haven't seen on any friend's page, talking clothes, food, her kids. She does model designers, but that is for photos for charity events she is attending.

You do realise I wasn't being serious right?

Like in almost all countries on the Continent, the Code Napoléon is followed in Luxembourg: all children of a deceased have the right on an equal inheritance.

Grand-Duke Adolph had two children
Grand-Duke Wilhelm had six children
Grand-Duchess Charlotte had six children
Grand-Duke Jean has five children
Grand-Duke Henri has five children

We may assume that a special Foundation protects the core assets of the Grand-Ducal House. But the private fortunes follow the legal systematic, as we have seen when the Grand-Duke's mother passed away. The Grand-Duke had to compensate his siblings for their fair share. Possibly Prince Félix has a relatively care-free life. But a really rich man? How? His father Grand-Duke Henri is alive. His grandfather Grand-Duke Jean is alive. So he can not have had a major inheritance.

When Tessy lays a considerable claim on the table, it possibly will impoverish the Prince, we do not know. And then of course Prince Félix has his own defence.

Last edited:

"Unreasonable behavior" could mean anything from being a violent alcoholic to refusing to share the TV remote, IMO. That is why speculation is running rampant on the Internet.

It was a terrible idea if Tessy allowed her friends to speak to the press on her behalf, imo.

For the posters who believe that there is a double standard for "blood princesses" and that poor little Tessy is being persecuted because of her common roots...how to explain the truly brutal drubbing that the Infanta Cristina took on this Forum and in her native Spain over the dubious financial business that she and her husband engaged in?

How about the ugly treatment routinely given to the York princesses over their alleged laziness, poor dress sense, and even their looks?

Sorry, but all the howling about "sexism" and "elitism" and all the other isms is just ringing hollow now. I was a big admirer of the former princess but she is behaving badly, very badly.

She is going to reap a bitter harvest and will have no one but herself to blame.

Last edited:
Like in almost all countries on the Continent, the Code Napoléon is followed in Luxembourg: all children of a deceased have the right on an equal inheritance.

Grand-Duke Adolph had two children
Grand-Duke Wilhelm had six children
Grand-Duchess Charlotte had six children
Grand-Duke Jean has five children
Grand-Duke Henri has five children

We may assume that a special Foundation protects the core assets of the Grand-Ducal House. But the private fortunes follow the legal systematic, as we have seen when the Grand-Duke's mother passed away. The Grand-Duke had to compensate his siblings for their fair share. Possibly Prince Félix has a relatively care-free life. But a really rich man? How? His father Grand-Duke Henri is alive. His grandfather Grand-Duke Jean is alive. So he can not have had a major inheritance.

When Tessy lays a considerable claim on the table, it possibly will impoverish the Prince, we do not know. And then of course Prince Félix has his own defence.
I assume you wanted to refer to Louis; I don't expect Tessy to lay claims to her brother-in-law.

A claim that would impoverish prince Louis seems unfair (and unlikely)... What however seems a little weird is that Louis would need to pay part of his salary (alimony) to Tessy - other than for their children's upbringing if Tessy would shoulder most of that responsibility. In any other way, I would expect Tessy to earn more, so wouldn't it make more sense that she would need to pay alimony to her husband?!

Last edited:
Duc_et_Pair said:

You meant Louis, not Felix I assume.

So now Princess Tessy is going to possibly impoverish the Grand Duke of Luxembourg????

Even if it wasn't such a ridiculous notion does anyone think that a British court following British law would award such a ludicrous settlement in a divorce case.

Seriously..........???

Some common sense would be good round about now.

Last edited by a moderator:
You meant Louis, not Felix I assume.

So now Princess Tessy is going to possibly impoverish the Grand Duke of Luxembourg????

Even if it wasn't such a ridiculous notion does anyone think that a British court following British law would award such a ludicrous settlement in a divorce case.

Seriously..........???

Some common sense would be good round about now.

Not impoverishing the Grand-Duke. I am talking about Prince Louis. What I wanted to show in my posts is that the famille grand-ducal is by no means the über-wealthy family some seems to think. The bulk of the family assets will be protected and goes from Grand-Duke to Grand-Duke. Their private wealth is subject to the inheritance system which does not allow to discriminate between children, so with every generation the private fortune is watered down, thanks to the quite fruitful marriages in that family.

Prince Louis is a junior Prince. He is one of the five children of the current Grand-Duke. The former Grand-Duke, Prince Jean, (Louis' grandfather) is the owner of the bulk of the private wealth and is still alive. At best the current Grand-Duke, Prince Henri (Louis' father) will receive 1/5th of Prince Jean's wealth. Eventually, over 30 years or so, Prince Louis himself on his turn will receive 1/5th at best of his father's private wealth. It is not like in the UK where the eldest son inherits the whole estate with the title.

Last edited:
"Unreasonable behavior" could mean anything from being a violent alcoholic to refusing to share the TV remote, IMO. That is why speculation is running rampant on the Internet.

It was a terrible idea if Tessy allowed her friends to speak to the press on her behalf, imo.

For the posters who believe that there is a double standard for "blood princesses" and that poor little Tessy is being persecuted because of her common roots...how to explain the truly brutal drubbing that the Infanta Cristina took on this Forum and in her native Spain over the dubious financial business that she and her husband engaged in?

How about the ugly treatment routinely given to the York princesses over their alleged laziness, poor dress sense, and even their looks?

Sorry, but all the howling about "sexism" and "elitism" and all the other isms is just ringing hollow now. I was a big admirer of the former princess but she is behaving badly, very badly.

She is going to reap a bitter harvest and will have no one but herself to blame.

This. So much this. God bless you.

I seriously don't understand why posters are so vehemently defending Tessy while lashing out on Louis? What did he do? Not whine at whatever social media is popular now about his and Tessy's problems and smack his chest around whatever he did with his life? I am not saying he is perfect, there is a reason they are divorcing for sure, but stop putting the blame on one side. He is not a criminal nor an alcoholic abusive father. Didn't Tessy say before the divorce reveal that Louis was a great man and father? Despite the divorce ongoing, Tessy and the children look sure happy and healthy to me to travel around.

And there you go. If anyone wants to throw pity parties around, don't throw it at Tessy, but at the children who are going to have a broken family now. Those innocent angels are the only ones to feel sorry for nobody else.

Not impoverishing the Grand-Duke. I am talking about Prince Louis. What I wanted to show in my posts is that the famille grand-ducal is by no means the über-wealthy family some seems to think. The bulk of the family assets will be protected and goes from Grand-Duke to Grand-Duke. Their private wealth is subject to the inheritance system which does not allow to discriminate between children, so with every generation the private fortune is watered down, thanks to the quite fruitful marriages in that family.

Prince Louis is a junior Prince. He is one of the five children of the current Grand-Duke. The former Grand-Duke, Prince Jean, (Louis' grandfather) is the owner of the bulk of the private wealth and is still alive. At best the current Grand-Duke, Prince Henri (Louis' father) will receive 1/5th of Prince Jean's wealth. Eventually, over 30 years or so, Prince Louis himself on his turn will receive 1/5th at best of his father's private wealth. It is not like in the UK where the eldest son inherits the whole estate with the title.

Princess Tessy will receive the fair and equitable settlement that she is entitled to under British law and that's that!

To suggest that she shouldn't and/or to call her a gold digger etc is misogynistic.

As for the Lux royal family I'm sure they are able to support the children that they have had and then some.
I don't think they need our concern

Im sure they are, and I don't think that they are liklely to do Tessy down. So I don't understand why she seems to be appearing on social media, so much. It would be better to leave it all to the lawyers and not try and engage public sympathy..

Last Sunday Prince Louis did attend a Mass of Remembrance for the deceased members of the House.

Picture (Prince Louis, and next to him Princess Alexandra are welcomed by Monseigneur Jean-Claude Hollerich, Archbishop of Luxembourg). The ongoing divorce did not stop him to engage in public events.

Last Sunday Prince Louis did attend a Mass of Remembrance for the deceased members of the House.

Picture (Prince Louis, and next to him Princess Alexandra are welcomed by Monseigneur Jean-Claude Hollerich, Archbishop of Luxembourg). The ongoing divorce did not stop him to engage in public events.
You mean because the Catholic Church is against the divorce ????

There is no logical basis for Tessy to have a title after the divorce. It seems common in the modern royal fandom to expect a title for everyone, as if just being married and divorced to a prince for a period of time merits a woman to come away with a title for life. The Alexandra case was extraordinary enough. Really, in Alexandra's case it did not make any logical sense, though I suppose it was just the Queen's way of showing her respect for all the charity work she had done and continued to some extent. For Tessy to take a title after divorce, I think it would be equally if not more illogical. Why? Just keep it simple. Not married to the prince anymore? OK, not a princess. It goes back to the way it was before the marriage. Let her revert back to her name. There's nothing wrong with her name. :)

Im sure they are, and I don't think that they are liklely to do Tessy down. So I don't understand why she seems to be appearing on social media, so much. It would be better to leave it all to the lawyers and not try and engage public sympathy..

Posting innocuous pictures on a private Instagram account is hardly "appearing on social media so much" nor can it really be classified as trying to "engage public sympathy"

It's a private account!

BTW everyone is on social media, I think you'd have a hard time finding someone of Princess Tessy's age who is not

Even I have social media accounts

TBF not everyone has 5,000 followers, including media organisations and blogs dedicated to royals and the Lux RF. Not everyone is a Princess going through a divorce. Not everyone getting divorced is fighting it in the High Court. I'm not saying she shouldn't or can't be on social media, but likewise she has to accept that with being so comes extra scrutiny and commentary.

Posting innocuous pictures on a private Instagram account is hardly "appearing on social media so much" nor can it really be classified as trying to "engage public sympathy"

It's a private account!

BTW everyone is on social media, I think you'd have a hard time finding someone of Princess Tessy's age who is not

Even I have social media accounts

BTW not everyone is on social media, that's a rather broad speculation. ;) I was on social media for about 10 min. until I read the privacy, or lack of privacy rules. ? Back to the topic.

I agree about social media. I set up an account and I did find one or 2 old friends,but the whole thing is boring and nonsenscial.. and I don't see why anyone does it, except for business reasons.

I agree about social media. I set up an account and I did find one or 2 old friends,but the whole thing is boring and nonsenscial.. and I don't see why anyone does it, except for business reasons.

For business. To keep up with friends and family in other parts of the world. To buy and sell items. To share photos that otherwise would stay on your phone. To find good restaurants and stores in your area. To get recipes and craft ideas. To promote charity fundraisers and get funding. To name a few.

Anyone who thinks social media is only used for 'business' and no one is on it :lol: There are millions on millions of people on facebook, Instagram, twitter, yelp, linked in....

Why do you think we see royals like Rania and Madeleine on facebook? And Harry starting to get into it. Even the BRF posting about events? Because they realize the way modern people are going. More people read twitter and media feeds online then they do newspapers. You want to get your message out, you get it out quicker through social media.

I have never met a person who doesn't have at least 1 form of social media. Heck my grandmother does.

Tessy does a lot of charity work. It makes sense that she had opened a social media account. She made it private it seems around the time the marriage started falling apart. Balancing privacy for her and her sons, and still having a presence. She can still share her photos and updates with her family, and her charity work with those she knows wont hound her about her divorce.

I'm sure frankly there are millions of people in th world who don't have it and unless you are promoting yourself in some way, I don't see any reason for it. And clearly Tessy IS using it to promote herself or her charity work. so why has she now "gone private?" If it is to promote her charity work that's going on, even if she'd getting divorced.

Back
Top Bottom