Prince Louis and Princess Tessy to Divorce: January 18, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To me, the real question is WHY are they getting a divorce?

Call me old-fashioned, but this is such a pointless divorce.

I suspect one or the other has met someone else. :flowers:

Prince Louis, Princess Tessy and Family, Current Events Part 1 (March 2007 - )

Oh, what sad news - and rather sudden for me too, because although I noticed Tessy had been posting about Louis more often on Instagram it didn't cross my mind at the time that they had been planning to divorce each other; even though it had to others. I hope that Noah and Gabriel are still able to have regular contact with their father and that they weren't majorly effected by their parent's separation.

Last edited:
Well we don't know (or I haven't seen) who wanted to divorce whom.

LaRae

She has no business keeping a title. I don't care if it's modern or not, or whether or not the ex has a right to use the former husband's surname, if she wants out, she has no business keeping a title. She wants to make it on her own, she needs to be fully on her own two feet. If he wants out, it's not nice, but she shouldn't be able to hold on to a position that is no longer legally hers.

If an annulment is pursued and granted, then I am certain that she'll lose her standing since in a legal sense, she was never married and therefore not entitled to noble or royal rank.

She has no business keeping a title. I don't care if it's modern or not, or whether or not the ex has a right to use the former husband's surname, if she wants out, she has no business keeping a title. She wants to make it on her own, she needs to be fully on her own two feet. If he wants out, it's not nice, but she shouldn't be able to hold on to a position that is no longer legally hers.

If an annulment is pursued and granted, then I am certain that she'll lose her standing since in a legal sense, she was never married and therefore not entitled to noble or royal rank.

but the case is that she wasn't a princess because she married louis so some think that she was created a princess in her own right like in belgium so if princess claire of belgium would ask for divorce tomorrow we can make the same case dose she keep the title that was created for her in her own right or not .

Or Alexandra in Denmark who kept it till she remarried.

In any other country it would not be a question. She would be Tessy, Princess of Luxembourg. This is the proper way to address the divorced spouse of a peer. They lose any honorific, and it becomes their last name,

Luxemborg is different. It is in their law, a divorced spouse reverts back to their maiden name. The law was changed though after tessy and it was never specified if done retroactively. By the new law she should also never have been a princess, simply countess of Nassau.

Speculate all we want, we will have to wait and see what Henri decides.

This is going ot sound harsh, but here it is:

If there is no serious problem in the marriage (abuse, infidelity), but Tessy wants to move on, she should lose her title and rank. I don't give a rat's arse about being 'nice' or anything, if she's unhappy and wants out, she should get out and not take a title with her. Courtesy title, using the title as a surname, shouldn't be allowed. If you're out, you're out and no secondary titles.

This is going ot sound harsh, but here it is:

If there is no serious problem in the marriage (abuse, infidelity), but Tessy wants to move on, she should lose her title and rank. I don't give a rat's arse about being 'nice' or anything, if she's unhappy and wants out, she should get out and not take a title with her. Courtesy title, using the title as a surname, shouldn't be allowed. If you're out, you're out and no secondary titles.

Who said she wants out? Why does everyone assume she is the one who is leaving? Or God that matter that there us no valid reason for wanting a divorce? You sound harsh, not because you think she shouldn't have a title. But because you automatically assume it's her fault.

again she wasn't a princess when she married louis but three years after her marriage she was created a princess so it's a different scenario from being titled on her wedding day i will give you another example if prince philip and QEII had a divorce tomorrow he will still be prince philip of the united kingdom , duke of edinburgh because he was created as a prince by a letters patent in 1957 so in his own right and not because of his marriage to the queen .

Prince Louis, Princess Tessy and Family, Current Events Part 1 (March 2007 - )

Well we don't know (or I haven't seen) who wanted to divorce whom.

LaRae

Well yes, of course that's true, it was the way I phrased it. A simple mistake which will now be corrected, that's all. We will never know unless one of them say, which I very much doubt.
Also, could one of the moderators move this to the divorce thread as I posted in the wrong one?

We don't know what's actually written in the 2009 arrêté grand-ducal granting Tessy's title. Does it include stipulations on divorce like the 1995, 2004, and 2012 decrees?

GD Henri's press release isn't enough to confirm Tessy was created a princess in her own right. Even if he did grant her the title without stipulations, can't Henri simply issue another arrêté grand-ducal revoking it?

We don't know what's actually written in the 2009 arrêté grand-ducal granting Tessy's title. Does it include stipulations on divorce like the 1995, 2004, and 2012 decrees?

GD Henri's press release isn't enough to confirm Tessy was created a princess in her own right. Even if he did grant her the title without stipulations, can't Henri simply issue another arrêté grand-ducal revoking it?

yes but the reality is that we don't know but what we know is that divorce for her doesn't mean that it's 100% confirmed that she will lose her title one that bases but what arrêté grand-ducal does say .

That is really something I can't understand. Catholic culture would be nothing if there had been no Incarnation of God into the Christ, no death on the Cross, no Resurrection of Jesus Christ, no Gospels reporting his life and his teachings. If there had been no God and no Christ to adore for His humility, all the pomp and the liturgy, all the magnificent churches, all the hymns, nothing would have ever existed. Christian faith is an incarnated one, not one more religious practice or mystery with no consequences for the daily and common life. That is why I am a catholic. I like liturgy and hymns, but I like them for they make me closer to God, in which I believe.

THANK YOU. You nailed it Sancia.

I am Catholic precisely because of those the points you mention which for me at least are the source of life itself.

If one simply like incense and trappings you can find them anywhere.

Duc, if it's true that 90% of Catholics in Western Europe are indifferent to their Faith, then they have no right to complain about the collapse of of their culture which is taking place as we speak. The immigrants flooding into to replace the empty Catholic churches with mosques are demonstrating that they are NOT indifferent about their beliefs. They do indeed care.

Good for them.

Last edited:

Was it actually a Grand-Ducal Decree? Such decrees are legislation and should be public via Legilux. When it was just a wish of the Grand-Duke, who -after all- organizes his House, then is a courtesy title as wedded wife to a titled gentleman, as is the tradition and social custom. I will try to search Legilux.

After re-reading Luxarazzi's post, such a decree hasn't been found (at least online) and apparently the 2012 House Law doesn't have a countersignature so that's also not a decree? :confused: I briefly checked Legilux last night and the most recent arrêté grand-ducal was about the GDF's last name in 2006.

Luxembourg's titles are inconsistent and if there's no decree about Tessy's title, then you're right that her title is simply a courtesy.

Does anyone know if Princess Tessy has deactivated her instagram account?

I think she is no longer on instagram.

Is "unreasonable behavior" a standard divorce term or is something else going on?

Well, call me crazy but the often heard "irreconcilable differences" is to me a lot more neutral; this "unreasonable behaviour" seems to lay the blame for the divorce clearly on his side...

"Unreasonable behaviour?""

Seriously? Was there no way to divorce with less damaging and inflammatory wording than something that makes Louis sound crazy?:ohmy:

No wonder the gushing tweets on Instagram from Tessy.:ermm:

Why did they divorce in UK and not in Luxembourg?

UK divorce application doesn’t have another neutral reason. Tessy had 5 options:
  • adultery
  • unreasonable behavior
  • desertion
  • you lived apart for more than 2 years
  • you lived apart for more than 5 years
https://www.gov.uk/divorce/grounds-for-divorce

There’s a minimum 6 week waiting period to apply for decree absolute after the date of decree nisi.

Ok thanks. I suppose it was a choice of the lesser of five evils.

Very sad to see the marriage end.:ermm:

What is Tessy's title now that they're divorced?

"Unreasonable behaviour?""

Seriously? Was there no way to divorce with less damaging and inflammatory wording than something that makes Louis sound crazy?:ohmy:

No wonder the gushing tweets on Instagram from Tessy.:ermm:

The examples of "unreasonable behaviour" given in the UK official site are not neutral at all. Here is what the site says:

Unreasonable behaviour

Your husband or wife has behaved in such a way that you cannot reasonably be expected to live with them.
This could include:

• physical violence
  • verbal abuse, such as insults or threats
  • drunkenness or drug-taking
  • refusing to pay for housekeeping

I've thought all along the way she's been saying things it was her way of indicating he's (his actions) the reason for the divorce.

LaRae

Back
Top Bottom