Prince Louis and Princess Tessy to Divorce: January 18, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Too much Instagram BEFORE and AFTER her divorce . We don't know exactly what she is doing , all is glory for her and for the donators.
I think the Grand Ducal House asked the press to remain silent before the Statement. Daily Mail is the only one who likes publishing royal news ..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...epresents-High-Court-battle-divorce-cash.html

She is defending herself? I know her newfound brand is all about Independent Woman 2.0 but girl... It is NOT a good idea to have no lawyers on hand in a divorce case with someone who easily has more power than she does.
A long time ago, before my children were born, I worked as a paralegal. There is a saying among the legal profession that goes something like this: "the attorney who represents themselves in court has a fool for a client." I would imagine that is even more true for someone who is NOT an attorney.

[.....] .

And never mind that Felix also didn't marry a wife of "Royal descent" and wasn't forced to renounce his spot....so did the Heir, Guillaume, whose spouse is very aristocratic but not Royal at all.

So what gives over at the Fail??

Or never mind the Grand-Duke himself, also not married to blue blood...
I do not understand that the DM never corrects itself. Even when readers state the blindingly obvious, they will never correct an article. It is almost criminal.

It seems like a very dangerous move for Tessy to be completely defenceless during the divorce court; surely she must have at least a defendant or someone who can aid her when presenting her side of the story?

It seems like a very dangerous move for Tessy to be completely defenceless during the divorce court; surely she must have at least a defendant or someone who can aid her when presenting her side of the story?

I think she did this to make it look like she couldn't afford a lawyer to be with her in court. The poor me philosophy.

He only pays 4,000 euro/pounds a year per child? That seems kinda low.

LaRae

LaRae

And she use of the house they lived in and nominal maintenance, but they don't mention how much they're worth..

What does it mean that Louis has to pay nominal maintenance to Tessy? Does that mean he has to pay his share for the upkeep of the house?

Furthermore, ig states that Tessh and children can live in the house that dounds as if it won't be her property but remains the property of the grand ducal family.

It seems that Prince Louis is a gentleman, saying these nice things about his soon-to-be ex-wife. Especially after she has tried to smear him for months.

The justice summarized the situation well:

At its heart, this is simply a sad case about a young couple who determined to marry for love despite the considerable challenges posed by the way in which history, tradition and chance had conspired to define their respective social status and to shape attitudes towards their marriage.
'It is a case about a couple who thereafter, for a time, were happy together, before the fairytale soured

So does this decision, mean this whole court dispute is now over and the divorce is finalized?

LaRae
My guess is that they have reached a financial settlement outside the court process. The child maintenance is required by law, the rest has not been disclosed.

I'm confused. Is the divorce final as of today, December 5 or do Tessy/Louis need to file for decree absolute and wait for that to be granted?

It's good the financial dispute is settled and everyone can move forward.

England and Wales Family Court Decisions (High Court Judges)
THE HONOURABLE MR JUSTICE MACDONALD
Between:
Her Royal Highness Tessy Princess of Luxembourg, Princess of Nassau and Princess of Bourbon-Parma
Applicant
- and –
His Royal Highness Louis Xavier Marie Guillaume Prince of Luxembourg, Prince of Nassau and Prince of Bourbon-Parma
First Respondent
-and-
L'Administration Des Biens De S.A.R. Le Grand Duc De Luxembourg
Second Respondent

HRH Louis Prince of Luxembourg v HRH Tessy Princess of Luxembourg & Anor (Application for Financial Remedy) [2018] EWFC 77 (04 December 2018)

How sad...how depressing this entire thing has been. Tessy and Louis are still quite young...young enough to rebuild their lives.

But those boys have been through an emotional wringer no matter how the Court and their parents have tried to insulate them.:sad:

£8000 a year seems low but remember Louis doesn't "own" much himself - its all owned by the Grand Ducal family. Louis' income is £40,000, thats what he is expected to pay £8,000 a year from. In contrast Tessy was said to have an income of £70,000+ so she is the "main earner".
The family have assured the court they will continue to pay for the school fees, medical expenses etc of the boys and Tessy is allowed to stay in the house rent free for 12 years.

IMO it doesn't seem unjust or unfair. Just glad its over and they can begin to move on.

How come the big difference in income? Tessy almost makes double what Louis makes. I mean, good for her but what jobs do they even have?

£8000 a year seems low but remember Louis doesn't "own" much himself - its all owned by the Grand Ducal family. Louis' income is £40,000, thats what he is expected to pay £8,000 a year from. In contrast Tessy was said to have an income of £70,000+ so she is the "main earner".
The family have assured the court they will continue to pay for the school fees, medical expenses etc of the boys and Tessy is allowed to stay in the house rent free for 12 years.

IMO it doesn't seem unjust or unfair. Just glad its over and they can begin to move on.

About this 12 year agreement...can Tessy stay in the house even if she remarries? Just curious.:cool:

Yes. Having read the whole judgement it appears she is not staying in the home they both lived in but that the ABD - a bit like the family money office - will pay up to £1,5million for a house for Tessy to live in until the youngest son completes his education (up to a first time degree). They will pay for stamp duty and legal costs involved in buying it. So basically on top of the £4,000 a year Tessy is getting up to 12 years rent free housing in London - thats worth millions and gives her time to build up a nice nest egg of her own.

The notice that the wife has registered against the title of the former matrimonial home in London shall be withdrawn forthwith;

ii) A new property will be brought in the name of the ADB (via nominees of the ADB's choice) at a cost of £1.5M;

iii) The ADB will meet the stamp duty land tax and legal costs for the acquisition;

iv) The property will, within reason, be in a location of choice of the wife at any reasonable location in London or the South East of England with the wife identifying the property to be purchased but with the ADB to have ultimate approval, which approval will not be unreasonably withheld;

v) The wife and the children will be granted a formal licence to remain living in the property rent free until the date the younger child completes his full time tertiary education (limited to a first degree) irrespective of whether the wife remarries or cohabits in the interim;

vi) The ADB shall be responsible for all agreed expenditure of a capital nature which relates to the property. The day to day outgoings will be met by the wife;

It is a very fruitful divorce for Ms Antony. Her ex-husband is practically still a student and not wealthy by himself. This means that the grand-ducal family is financing this settlement. That is not usual. After all you or me would never be asked to pay for a house for our brother's or sister's ex-partner. But that is what is happening here. Of course there are also two children in play. So we may assume the Grand-Duke and -Duchess had their wellbeing in mind with this settlement.

Last edited:
I think so ^^.

I also think the Grand Ducal Family have been wise to limit what they give to Tessy but ensure that the boys are provided for.

Also realise that Prince Louis' earning potential has not been fully realised yet. At the end of the day, he's allowance to his children is quite low. As it should be if he has 50% shared custody of them.

The Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg are ensuring their grandchildren will still have the best education they can. I am not surprised by this at all. GD Maria-Teresa is an extremely maternal woman - you can see she treats her daughter-in-laws like they are her own daughters.

He had no income. He lives on 40.000 of hand-outs by the Grand-Duke, lives rent-free in a Paris property owned by the Grand-Duke. At the age of 32 he feels the urge to obtain his own income.

As in the piece was stated, only the former, the current and the future Grand-Duke are excepted in the family tradition that anyone provides in his/her own income. Well... Prince Louis still has not earned an income.

Last edited:
It is interesting that the Nassau family pact of 1783 still is the base for the grand-ducal wealth. No wonder that the family identify themselves as Nassaus. Not one sou comes from the Bourbon-Parmas, their entire wealth and properties are firmly rooted in centuries of (Orange-)Nassaus building a fortune.

He had no income. He lives on 40.000 of hand-outs by the Grand-Duke, lives rent-free in a Paris property owned by the Grand-Duke. At the age of 32 he feels the urge to obtain his own income.

As in the piece was stated, only the former, the current and the future Grand-Duke are excepted in the family tradition that anyone provides in his/her own income. Well... Prince Louis still has not earned an income.
No he has worked for humanitarian causes and his linguistic skills stood him in good stead. His family was obviously supportive of his goals or I am sure they would have conveyed that to him. Now that he has spousal support and child support to pay I guess he realises that he will have to change his career path or, should he ever wish to remarry, he would be unable to afford it. ?

Keep in mind he may run into trouble if he wants to remarry. He will have to go thru the annulment process to marry within his Church. I'm not sure how his parents would view his marrying outside the Church.

LaRae

I don’t find it unreasonable or unusual that a wealthy family would support their adult children in some style, even in the event of a divorce. Louis may never be a real ‘earner’, and most parents don’t want their kids (or former daughter- in law) and grandkids to live a shabby lifestyle just because their parents divorce.

A reasonable outcome.
Was there any ruling about what Tessy is allowed to call herself?
What is her name?

Thanks LadyFinn. I read the entire document. Please correct me as the legalese was confusing in some areas.

A reasonable outcome.
Was there any ruling about what Tessy is allowed to call herself?
What is her name?
The court does not have jurisdiction over titles, see
3. iii) I determined that this court did not have jurisdiction to decide issues concerning the fate of the wife's Royal titles...

From my understanding, Tessy still has to accept the ADB's housing offer which is conditional upon her AND Louis signing a non-disclosure agreement. However, when the court enquired about the housing being conditional in #57, it seemed ADB would not enforce the NDA?
45. With respect to income, the wife accepted that she currently earns £75,000 per annum gross and in her previous employment earnt some £40,000 per annum gross. The wife informed the court that on 29 August 2018 she handed in her notice at her current employment…
I think “Current employment” means Vice Media and “previous employment” means DS-48? So Tessy is looking for a new job while working for her non-profit Professors Without Borders right now.
130. i) … this court is limited to varying the post nuptial settlement to provide the wife and children with a licence terminable on 6 months notice.
What does that mean? Tessy and the boys have to move out in 6 months? Or the ADB simply has to give them 6 months notice but the ADB has not yet asked them to move out?

The amount wasn't included but Tessy will get nominal spousal support for 6 years according to
130. ii) … I am satisfied that the term of the 'safety net' that comprises a nominal spousal maintenance order should be a period of six years. At the conclusion of that period the wife will have had, within the context of her extensive qualifications and her earning capacity as I have found it to be, a sufficient period of time to further develop her career and to secure housing provision and the youngest child will be approaching his majority.
I dislike how Tessy tried to argue the GDF should be a resource and if they wouldn't pay, that Louis should get a loan to make up the difference (if the judge had agreed with Tessy's offer). Wow, you'd rather drive him into debt?

The table of assets in #125 and "The total net income of the parties is therefore £86,911." in #126... How embarrassing for the GDF. Louis, good luck on your consultancy and training. Royal or not, a 30-something person supported by his parents isn't a good look.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom