Prince Félix & Claire Lademacher: Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biri

Imperial Majesty
City
Warsaw
Country
Poland
I suppose we can already start this thread.

Wedding will take place in some little town in Luxembourg.
Guests: only relatives of the groom (no foreign royals, except Belgian and some Austrian) and also those of the bride
The bride will be led to the altar by her father.
Witnesses: Felix Lademacher and Princess Alexandra
No flower children
Dress of the bride will be designed by Elie Saab
No tiara

Last edited:
even though its obvious it will not be big as Guillaume's wedding, it will not be as private and simple like Louis wedding was (we know why...)
as for royal guests, of course the Belgian since they are family, but i think we will see at least some couples there, at least a member of a royal family to represent their country.
and i think that Claire will use a tiara on her big day, some of Maria Teresa's, maybe the Congo! Tessy didnt, but her wedding was... (no need to mention it again...)
and i think that the bride's dress will not be by Elie Saab, Claire is a very influencial and rich women, i think she is already established in the fashion world quite well, so she might have a bigger range of personal choices.

I don't think that she will wear Saab, I think she will wear a more simple dress with clean lines and not so much embroidery, maybe Dior or Chanel. I'm sure she will look beautiful as she has a body that pretty much everything looks good on. And as much as I love Saab, I fear that her gown would look too similar to Stephanie's.

If she wants to, I'm sure that the family will lend her a tiara. Her family is very rich, so maybe she will be gifted with one by her parents.

As I've read that Felix and Claire went to boarding school with his cousin Princess Maria-Anunciata of Liechtenstein maybe she will be one of the witnesses of Claire. I think that Guillaume will be one of Felix's witnesses. Alexandra maybe one of the bridesmaids. The flower children will be family members, probably Gabriel and also Noah.

I think we will see a few foreign royals, Felix attended the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria. Of course members of the reigning families of Liechtenstein and Belgium as well as the Dutch royal family. On top of that, I'm sure that we will see many Austrian, German, French and Belgian royals and nobles.

Looking back at past Luxembourgish weddings, I think that they will marry at the same cathedral than Guillaume and Stephanie. Apart from Louis, every member of the family that married in Luxembourg got married there. Grand Duke Jean, his four sisters, Grand Duke Henri, Princess Marie-Astrid, Princess Margaretha and most recently Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume. Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla married in a lavish ceremony in Versailles with hundreds of guests. Also, Felix's paternal cousin Archduchess Marie-Christine married with loads of guests at a cathedral near Brussles and his other cousin Archduke Christoph will marry in a big ceremony in Nancy next week.

So one of the flower children will be Prince Noah of Luxembourg, and maid of honour...maybe some cousin of the bride, giving that she doesn't have sisters?

And wedding in the same cathedral, in which Guillaume & Stephanie married.

I also think if the Wedding takes place in Luxembourg then in the Notre Dame Cathedral. But i could also imagine a Wedding in Germany. As Claire is from the part of Germany which is the former Duchy of Nassau that would also be quiet fitting.

If in Germany - maybe in Usingen, where Claire grew?

My guesses:

The wedding will take place in Usingen, in this church:

www.kath-usinger-land.de: Unsere Kirche

Claire Lademacher will wear a champagne-colored sleeveless simple weddingdress with a veil loaned by the Grand-ducal family and the Congo Necklace Tiara.

The civil wedding will take place one day before the religious wedding. The wedding will be broadcasted in Luxembourg, Belgium and Germany life at TV.

Best men of Prince Felix will be his two brothers Guillaume and Louis. Princess Alexandra will again be bridesmaid. Prince Sebastien will made the lecture in church. Prince Noah and Prince Gabriel will be ring bearers.

The bridal bouquet will include white, red and blue roses (as this colors are the national colors of Luxembourg).

Last edited:
I guessed again! (that in Usingen)

And wedding date still unknown?

The wedding will take place in Usingen, in this church:

www.kath-usinger-land.de: Unsere Kirche

Claire Lademacher will wear a champagne-colored sleeveless simple weddingdress with a veil loaned by the Grand-ducal family and the Congo Necklace Tiara.

The civil wedding will take place one day before the religious wedding. The wedding will be broadcasted in Luxembourg, Belgium and Germany life at TV.

Best men of Prince Felix will be his two brothers Guillaume and Louis. Princess Alexandra will again be bridesmaid. Prince Sebastien will made the lecture in church. Prince Noah and Prince Gabriel will be ring bearers.

The bridal bouquet will include white, red and blue roses (as this colors are the national colors of Luxembourg).
Is that alreeady official? and how big is that Church. I could imagine that they look for a bigger church or around that Area, perhaps also at Wiesbaden which was once the Captial of the duchy of Nassau.

Is that alreeady official? and how big is that Church. I could imagine that they look for a bigger church or around that Area, perhaps also at Wiesbaden which was once the Captial of the duchy of Nassau.

No, that are my suggestions!

No weeding in Usingen

Hello,

i'am from Usingen and believe me, the weeding will not be there!

The church and the City are very small.
I also would say it's not the nicest place in the world for a weeding ;)

I´m surprised that there is no date for the wedding yet. So I think the wedding will take place in late summer?

Swedish Svensk Damtidning has asked about when the wedding will take place.
- No wedding date has been set yet, but we will return as soon as we know, says a press spokeswoman from the court's information department.
Why the couple not set a date for the wedding is unclear. There are several possible causes. Partly, Claire wants to finish her dissertation.
And SvenskDam speculates that it can be difficult to find a date now when Princess Madeleine will get married on June 8th and everyone is expecting a royal baptism in the fall.
Hovet svarar när bröllopet ska äga rum Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Its understandable, usually royals tend to avoid clashing with each other on events that will attend several royals. Because of this and Claire's dissertion, I can picture a December/Winter wedding, but hopefully still in 2013.

Prince Felix hasn't finished university either.

The child of the duke and duchess of Cambridge.

Can't see why that would matter. British royal christenings are private affairs and it is unlikely any of the Continental royals will be godparents or even on the guest list.

Can't see why that would matter. British royal christenings are private affairs and it is unlikely any of the Continental royals will be godparents or even on the guest list.

There's a chance, and I imagine it's more in regards of royal timing and over shadowing. Neither wants to over shadow the other.

has there been any recent word in the luxembourg media on when the wedding will take place?
i heard they are waiting until claire finishes her thesis to set up a wedding date...

As far as I know there is no date mentioned. But I personally think there won´t be a long time between announcing the date and the wedding itself.
Even Guillaume´s wedding was organized in 6 months and Felix´s wedding will be much smaller and not attended by so many royal guests.

I agree, I think once we get the announcement of the date the wedding will follow pretty soon after, maybe 3 months or so at the most. Most engagements are long because of the need to save money to pay for the wedding. I think we can safely say Claire and Felix won't need to be saving money to pay for theirs!

when will Felix and Claire get married? has they got the date for the wedding?

when will Felix and Claire get married? has they got the date for the wedding?

The civil wedding will be held on September 17, and the religious wedding will be held on September 21.

Of European royalty who will be present at the wedding? Suggestions?

My guess is that only Royals who are also close friends and family of the Lux GDF, like the Belgians and defunct Austrian and Germans.

Since the wedding will take place in the South of France I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one of the Grimaldis, and a French Bourbon as well.

I think some of the Liechtenstein will come as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom