Prince Félix, Princess Claire and Family, Current Events Part 1: November 2013 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On June 29th, Prince Félix inaugurated the Lorgues Terre de Vins association: 12 Provençal estates, gathered around the commune of Lorgues and by the same desire to make known their territory and to develop wine tourism in the region. He is president of the association.

La Feuille de Vigne's Facebook post

https://twitter.com/VarGastronomes/status/880454635005390849

https://www.instagram.com/p/BV7eL3hl3bJ/

On July 10th, Prince Felix represented his father at the Wimbledon match between Gilles Müller and Rafael Nadal.

Huitièmes de finale à Wimbledon - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Juillet 2017

Luxarazzi: Prince Félix at Wimbledon

Last edited by a moderator:
Présence du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg à l’ouverture officielle de la Foire du livre de Francfort (10.10.2017) - gouvernement.lu // L’actualité du gouvernement du Luxembourg
partial Google translation:
On October 10, 2017, an official delegation chaired by LL.AA.RR. Prince Felix and Princess Claire as well as State Secretary for Culture Guy Arendt will travel to Frankfurt on the occasion of the official opening of the Book Fair.

At 2 pm, the official French, Luxembourg, Swiss and Belgian delegations will be welcomed at the Römer City Hall by the Mayor of Frankfurt, Peter Feldmann, for a signing session of the guestbook.

At 5 pm the official Luxembourg delegation will visit the Congress Center Messe to attend the official opening ceremony of the book fair and the inauguration of the French pavilion in the presence of the President of the French Republic, Emmanuel Macron, and German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

The day will end with an opening concert of the Strasbourg Philharmonic Orchestra in the prestigious Alte Oper Opera House under the patronage of the President of the French Republic.

[…]

Last edited:
Was this her first solo engagement in Luxembourg?

Thanks! Her involvement makes sense given her doctoral research.

Are there any other Luxembourgish organizations that she is a patron of?

:previous: Liam is adorable, and so grown up already! Love the photoshoot with both children too; they're a gorgeous family.
It seems that the poppies are blooming early this year.

Lovely photos of the kids. So sweet :flowers:

Love seeing Claire with her son. And the poppies a wonderful backdrop.

I do always in the back of my mind always wonder, when looking at Amalia, if we are looking at a future Grand Duchess.

A garden party for the 4th Birthday of Princess Amalia

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkGIKcHDfpS/?taken-by=anneduchastelphotos

Princess Claire attend today at the Indoor Transplant Marathon organized by Luxembourg Transplant on the occasion of World Organ Donation Day.
Luxembourg Transplant is under the High Patronage of Princess Claire.

https://www.wort.lu/de/panorama/radel-event-mit-royalem-besuch-5bcc582a182b657ad3b9675b

http://www.rtl.lu/lifestyle/people/1256121.html

And Prince Felix attend today at the festivities that will take place under the traditional "Hunnefeier", which marks the end of the harvest in the Luxembourg Moselle.

https://www.wort.lu/de/lokales/hunnefeier-freundschaft-und-fiederwaeissen-5bcc9e16182b657ad3b967b2

:previous: I love the photo of Amalia and Liam together - they're beautiful children and have both grown up so much! Especially little Liam.

Looks like the couple is celebrating their wedding anniversary and found willing baby sitters in (grand)parents Henri and Maria Teresa :)

On a completely different note: According to the monarchie.lu-website Claire completed her doctorate. Is it known when she defended her doctoral thesis? Her thesis should be accessible somewhere I would hope.

Princess Claire looks great. She should be out and about more often.

Great to see the two of them on an official engagement. I hope we'll see them a bit more often now Guillaume and Stephanie are in London, however, so far that hasn't really been the case.

Has anything more been heard about a move to Luxembourg? I believe their daughter is old enough to have started school.

Given that Felix himself studied in Switzerland I don't think they have to move back to Luxembourg just because Amalia starts school. However, if they want to make sure that Amalia starts her preparation as the potential future grand duchess it might help to move back sooner rather than later.

Curious that if Guillaume has no children, Prince Felix may also become Grand Duke in the future and Princess Amalia will be Grand Duchess. I think if Guillaume does not have children they will start preparing Amalia to be Grand Duchess and probably Felix and Claire will be able to take on more duties to help Guillaume and Stephanie.

Given that Felix himself studied in Switzerland I don't think they have to move back to Luxembourg just because Amalia starts school. However, if they want to make sure that Amalia starts her preparation as the potential future grand duchess it might help to move back sooner rather than later.

Although he did study in Switzerland I am not sure it is comparable to his daughter's situation, since Prince Félix and his siblings were raised in Luxembourg where they began their education, whereas Amalia (unless the rumors are true) has never resided in Luxembourg. Even if he and his wife do not have to move, raising Amalia in Luxembourg would afford the monarchy the most security given that she is currently the first in line to the throne of her generation. While she will be demoted by any children the hereditary grand duke may have, there is never a guarantee that anyone will have children, and raising Amalia as a potential monarch until the Hereditary Grand Duke has his second child would be a reasonable safeguard. On most of the recent occasions in European royal families when the sibling who was next in line after the crown prince had a child earlier, the sibling chose to raise their children within the country.

Prince Amedeo of Belgium (born 15 years earlier than Princess Elisabeth) was raised in Belgium, starting two years after the change of the succession rules.
Felipe de Marichalar of Spain (born 7 years earlier than Princess Leonor) was raised in Spain.
Prince Nikolai of Denmark (born 6 years earlier than Prince Christian) was raised in Denmark.
Andrea Casiraghi of Monaco (born 30 years earlier than Hereditary Prince Jacques) was primarily raised in France.

What are the views of Luxembourgers in regard to a possible grand duchess being raised outside of Luxembourg?

I think the Grand-Ducal Family should already be thinking about this scenario. Amalia is 4 years old, only when she turns 6 will we know if she will start her studies in Luxembourg or not.
It is important that if Guillaume and Stephanie have no children that Amalia begins to appear more and be prepared as the future Grand Duchess.

Although he did study in Switzerland I am not sure it is comparable to his daughter's situation, since Prince Félix and his siblings were raised in Luxembourg where they began their education, whereas Amalia (unless the rumors are true) has never resided in Luxembourg. Even if he and his wife do not have to move, raising Amalia in Luxembourg would afford the monarchy the most security given that she is currently the first in line to the throne of her generation. While she will be demoted by any children the hereditary grand duke may have, there is never a guarantee that anyone will have children, and raising Amalia as a potential monarch until the Hereditary Grand Duke has his second child would be a reasonable safeguard. On most of the recent occasions in European royal families when the sibling who was next in line after the crown prince had a child earlier, the sibling chose to raise their children within the country.

Prince Amedeo of Belgium (born 15 years earlier than Princess Elisabeth) was raised in Belgium, starting two years after the change of the succession rules.
Felipe de Marichalar of Spain (born 7 years earlier than Princess Leonor) was raised in Spain.
Prince Nikolai of Denmark (born 6 years earlier than Prince Christian) was raised in Denmark.
Andrea Casiraghi of Monaco (born 30 years earlier than Hereditary Prince Jacques) was primarily raised in France.

What are the views of Luxembourgers in regard to a possible grand duchess being raised outside of Luxembourg?
I agree that in Amalia's case it would make sense to move to Luxembourg at some point. However, she doesn't have to by law (unlike for example in Sweden). It could be a concious decision by the grand ducal family to not yet treat her as the future grand duchess; either to give her more freedom in her younger years and/or as long as Guillaume and Stephanie still hope to have children some day.

Prince Constantijn and princess Laurentien lived in Belgium for many years, thereby raising their children outside of the Netherlands (although they made sure they were born in the Netherlands - a precaution that Felix and Claire also took for Amalia) and it has never been a huge issue. Of course Amalia was born 1 1/2 years after her cousin Eloise; and if it had become clear that the currennt king and queen might not hsve had children things moght have been differently.

Regarding Monaco, wasn't it until 2002, so when Andrea was already a teenager that the Monagasque law was changed into allowing Caroline and therefore Andrea to succeed the throne if necessary? Although it probably was in the back of their minds far earlier...

I think the Grand-Ducal Family should already be thinking about this scenario. Amalia is 4 years old, only when she turns 6 will we know if she will start her studies in Luxembourg or not.
It is important that if Guillaume and Stephanie have no children that Amalia begins to appear more and be prepared as the future Grand Duchess.

Schooling in Luxembourg is obligatory from age 4 (not age 6) and there is no separation between preschool and primary school it is al, part of an 8 year (4 cycle) 'fundamental education'. See here for more information.

Apparently in Switzerland it depends on the canton. In the French speaking cantons (including Geneva I suppose) they also incorporate kindergarden in primary school resulting in 2 cycles of 4 years each. Although Amalia might be in an international school using a different syste,. Yet, from that perspective either moving in 2 (start of 2nd cycle in Luxembourg - also coinciding with Liam turning 4) or 4 years (end of first cycle in Geneva and start of 3rd in Luxembourg for Amalia and start of 2nd cycle for Lism) might be likely options.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom