Prince Félix and Princess Claire FAQ (Job, Education, Residence etc.)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyLeana

Royal Blogger, TRF Author
City
-
Country
Belgium
Welcome to the thread about frequently asked questions (FAQ) about

nassauweilburgup3.gif

Prince Félix of Luxembourg.

Before posting please note the following

1) Check of your question has been answered before
2) Respect the royals' privacy
3) Respect the Rules of TRF
4) Avoid empty posts, they will be deleted without notice
5) Have fun and enjoy this thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Félix of Luxembourg

Prince Félix of Luxembourg

Full Name: Félix Léopold Marie Guillaume

Date and Location of Birth: June 3, 1984 at Grand Duchess Charlotte Maternity Hospital, Luxembourg

Parents: Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa

Siblings: Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume, Prince Louis, Princess Alexandra and Prince Sébastien

Titles: Prince of Luxembourg, Prince of Nassau

Position in line to Luxembourg Succession: second, after his brother Guillaume

Education: Primary school at Lorentzweiler, Secondary school at l’École Privée Notre Dame (Sainte-Sophie) de Luxembourg and the American School of Luxembourg. He graduated from secondary school in 2003 at the Collège Alpin International Beau Soleil (Villars-sur-Ollon, Switzerland). That same year he enrolled at the Royal Military Academy Sandurst (UK), but due to a serious injury at his knee he couldn’t complete his education there. He studied political sciences, communication and psychology in England and Belgium.

Languages Spoken: Luxembourgish, French, German, English, some notions of Spanish

Religion: Catholic

Godparents: Prince Jean of Luxembourg and Catalina Mestre

Astrological Sign: Gemini

Interests: tennis, soccer, volleyball, athletics, golf, basketball, several winter sports like acrobatic skiing, classical slalom, Giant slalom and snow boarding

Royal Duties, Patronages, etc: Honorary President of the Basketball Federation of Luxembourg; Patron of Cercle Para Luxembourg

Last edited:
Well, I read anywhere that one of Felix interest is Internet. Do you think it is true??

I think that it is true. Many people esp. those in their teens and twenties use the internet for fun.

I think Prince Félix has a thing for blondes.
You can see him here. I think it is a rather funny picture.

Cute.:ohmy: Makes me want to invest in some hair dye.

I think in the rest of the pictures in the series for this event it looks like he is watching the person behind the cyclist put the jersey on the cyclist.

I noticed there is a new Felix slide show on youtube this week. It has a few old pics and a couple good ones I hadn't seen before.

Since where in the FAQ forum does anyone know if Felix achieved a degree at any of the universities he studied at?

I believe that not this one looking at her but as lalla Meriem says that this seeing a person that this behind the cyclist. And I believe that after look at the girl. I wait for it
I hope that he does not like the blond girls

You know I like blond guys but my favourite are guys like Felix or mmm Guillaume :) Pretty girl so he looks at her. It is not said that only becouse she's blonde. And that's only photo. Funny how many things people could imagine looking only at photo. For example: somebody kiss someone on cheek, but on photo it looks more serious.

I see that we have only brunette here ;)

Felix and karate, wow. I've got two aikido lessons but I resign. I like rather aerobic! Felix wear glasses?

Nice photos - thankyou, Lady Claire! I love the karate pics :D

I also didnť know that he wear (probably not now) glasses...these photos are first where he have glasses (which I saw....)

Does he like reading much?
Oh to that pic where he was looking at a blonde: he looks so cute!
I think he just smiles at them.
We are under the same astrological sign. Wink!

Have there been any Felix sitings in Lausanne? I know that where he works is much closer to Lausanne than to Geneva. Everyone says he lives in Geneva, which is possible, but Lausanne is about 30-40 miles closer to where he works than Geneva.

Anyone with better knowledge than me have a clue?

Thank you for the information Lalla Merien, I want to leave to Geneva when I end profecion of the engineer, hope that he lives in Geneva for when I arrive,

You know like well there are called the company where he works and that he does in the company??

This one is an information of wikipedia

Lausanne (pronounced [loˈzan], Italian: Losanna) is a city in Romandy, the French-speaking part of Switzerland, situated on the shores of Lake Geneva (French: Lac Léman)[1], and facing Évian-les-Bains (France) and with the Jura mountains to its north-west. Lausanne is located some 50 km (31 mi) northeast of Geneva. It is the capital of the canton of Vaud and of the district of Lausanne. The headquarters of the International Olympic Committee are located in Lausanne, as are the headquarteLausanne (pronounced [loˈzan], Italian: Losanna) is a city in Romandy, the French-speaking part of Switzerland, situated on the shores of Lake Geneva (French: Lac Léman)[1], and facing Évian-les-Bains (France) and with the Jura mountains to its north-west. Lausanne is located some 50 km (31 mi) northeast of Geneva. It is the capital of the canton of Vaud and of the district of Lausanne. The headquarters of the International Olympic Committee are located in Lausanne, as are the headquarters of the Court of Arbitration for Sport. It lies in the middle of a wine region.rs of the Court of Arbitration for Sport. It lies in the middle of a wine region.

For what Lausanne's city goes out in wikipedia, it has organizations related to the sport great, probably felix if it lives in this city

Thank you for the information Lalla Merien, I want to leave to Geneva when I end profecion of the engineer, hope that he lives in Geneva for when I arrive,

You know like well there are called the company where he works and that he does in the company??

He works for a sport management company which is based in Morges near Lausanne and Geneva. It also has other offices in Switzerland (ie. Zurich). At least, he worked there in November 2008 when he organized the Festival of Trees and Lights in Luxembourg City based on the similar festival in Geneva. He works in marketing and public relations with this company according to the grand ducal court website.

I'm also off to Geneva in a few months for work/school, but unfortunatley I doubt I'll have time for much exploration. And, as one of my friends says it would literally take the hand of God putting me in the right place at the right time to even see Felix from a distance. Best of luck to you in Geneva.

Until a pregnancy is announced by the Grand Ducal Court, no one is pregnant. Please refrain from speculating until an announcement is made. Any future posts speculating on a pregnancy will be deleted without notice.

JessRulz
Lux. Forum Moderator

According to the official website Felix will be beginning a Master's degree in bioethics beginning in October in Rome.

I do not know what school he will be attending but I do know that he does not speak Italian (at least not to my knowledge nor officially listed) so his program must be in French, German, English or Spanish....anyone know of a place in Rome offering MA in Bioethics in a language other than Italian?

I bet he will attend the Regina Apostolorum Pontifical University, the university of the catholic order and mouvement Regnum Christi, whose clergy members are known as Legionaries of Christ. There is a master in ethics in english also at statal Rome universtity, but I think that it has not the prestige to attract a stranger prince (and the course probably starts in september) ; the pontifical university, on the contrary, certify you that you're studying the catholic church point of view and that make a sense of going to Rome. The movement is thought to be quite conservative. And at this point we can't exclude a religious vocation for Felix as this movement is very capable in inspiring such vocations to royals (Paul of Austria, Alexander and Elena of 2 Sicilies, a Lobkowicz, a de Merode,...)
The site of this University is quite bad but I have understood that students can follow the program all over the year or in an intensive way (4 weeks : 1 in October, 1 in November, one in March, one in April for example...I can't remeber the correct months)
Finally: what a delicate topic to study for a Luxemburg prince!!

I bet he will attend the Regina Apostolorum Pontifical University, the university of the catholic order and mouvement Regnum Christi, whose clergy members are known as Legionaries of Christ. There is a master in ethics in english also at statal Rome universtity, but I think that it has not the prestige to attract a stranger prince (and the course probably starts in september) ; the pontifical university, on the contrary, certify you that you're studying the catholic church point of view and that make a sense of going to Rome. The movement is thought to be quite conservative. And at this point we can't exclude a religious vocation for Felix as this movement is very capable in inspiring such vocations to royals (Paul of Austria, Alexander and Elena of 2 Sicilies, a Lobkowicz, a de Merode,...)
The site of this University is quite bad but I have understood that students can follow the program all over the year or in an intensive way (4 weeks : 1 in October, 1 in November, one in March, one in April for example...I can't remeber the correct months)
Finally: what a delicate topic to study for a Luxemburg prince!!

I'm sure they won't announce where he will study but I'm certain that he doesn't speak Italian, and if he does not well enough for such advanced studies.

It is a delicate topic. I'm surprised. Although, it certainly does imply that he's more than just a pretty face. You definitely have to have some intellect study bioethics. Given his father's stance on euthanasia and the fact that his cousin Archduke Imre is active in the anti-euthanasia community I'm not surprised at the topic just that Felix would be interested. I knew when he cut his hair that he'd made a change in his life, and I guess moving country and staring a advanced degree is a change.

Thanks for looking the info on the schools up. I couldn't find anything.

that information! I hope felix does not is studing at Italy, all the information you have, please let me know.

lalla Merien your comment a few months ago that Felix was living in Lausanne, Switzerland, you know yes still he live there or he abandonment lausanne?

I'm sure they won't announce where he will study but I'm certain that he doesn't speak Italian, and if he does not well enough for such advanced studies.

It is a delicate topic. I'm surprised. Although, it certainly does imply that he's more than just a pretty face. You definitely have to have some intellect study bioethics. Given his father's stance on euthanasia and the fact that his cousin Archduke Imre is active in the anti-euthanasia community I'm not surprised at the topic just that Felix would be interested. I knew when he cut his hair that he'd made a change in his life, and I guess moving country and staring a advanced degree is a change.

Yes, Prince Felix does seem to be quite the intellectual. I think he may have been at least partially motivated by the euthanasia issue surrounding his father, the Grand Duke.

Where did you hear about Archduke Imre being involved in the anti-euthanasia movement?

I'm not quite sure that his haircut was necessary for the move though. I was quite fond of his long hair. :(

that information! I hope felix does not is studing at Italy, all the information you have, please let me know.

lalla Merien your comment a few months ago that Felix was living in Lausanne, Switzerland, you know yes still he live there or he abandonment lausanne?

Well, I was under the impression that he was living between Geneva and Morges (near Lausanne) because he was working in Morges for several years.

He will not begin his classes in Rome until October (which is cruel irony b/c that is when I arrive in Geneva for the same purpose) and it implies on the official site that he is still working in Morges with the GCMSA. However, he has been in Luxembourg quite a lot recently I suspect that he has already ended his employment in Geneva and is passing the time in Luxembourg before he settles in Rome a few weeks before his degree begins.

Someone mentioned the date of his classes. When I was researching degree programs in Europe most of the schools I looked at had a Fall II term that begins at the end of October. I am also starting on a Fall II schedule.

I really wish I knew where he obtained his bachelor degree from. I know you cannot be admitted to a bioethics master program without having first obtained a bachelor degree.

He seems to have very diverse interests first architecture then pshycology and sports marketing and public relations.

I, too, was rather fond of his long hair. However, in my opinion Félix could be bald and covered in mud and still be dreamy.

It really seems to me that he's made some changes in his life recently weight gain, hair cut, big move and returning to school. Perhaps he's moved out of his playboy stage.

It really seems to me that he's made some changes in his life recently weight gain, hair cut, big move and returning to school. Perhaps he's moved out of his playboy stage.[/quote]

:ermm:
I never knew him to have ever been a playboy...
Was he?

It really seems to me that he's made some changes in his life recently weight gain, hair cut, big move and returning to school. Perhaps he's moved out of his playboy stage.
LOL, we never really even had any proof he was a playboy, there was just speculation since he was so handsome, young, rich, etc... But he's always pretty much displayed only appropriate and responsible actions, which is something I can't say for some other princes who are more in the spotlight. *wink*

I think Felix is changing, as it is maturing

lalla merien ,and apologized for the question, but: are you going to work in Geneva? or you go to get a job ?

it's good that you go to Geneva, and just now we heard this news, I hope that felix it does not last long in Rome , and he return to Geneva, at least for when I can go!!

I think like MANBOQUEEN , I do not believe that he was are a playboy, but rather it seems such a charming man, the man that many girls conquest, which has had many women, and maybe that has broken many hearts , or maybe the opposite!!!

LOL, we never really even had any proof he was a playboy, there was just speculation since he was so handsome, young, rich, etc... But he's always pretty much displayed only appropriate and responsible actions, which is something I can't say for some other princes who are more in the spotlight. *wink*

what you say is true that the prince is a very responsible and correct, not all princes in europe are like felix of correct, as I say that perhaps a conqueror is a assumptions that me think:)

I mentioned him as a playboy because I have actually read articles in Luxembourg publications that he enjoyed the nightlife and the ladies just a little too much and that this caused friction with is parents. People who know Felix say that he is a ladies man but not a playboy like Andrea Casiraghi and that he is extremely normal, down to earth, and kind. I wasn't trying to insult him or defame his character in any way. I think he's best all around Prince. And, yes he has only ever displayed picture perfect Prince behavior.

I too think that he is maturing. I, honestly, wouldn't be surprised if he met his future princess during his studies in Rome (if he hasn't already).

Riciochristina, I will be attending university in Geneva to finish my degree. And, I do admit that I was more than a little disheartened to learn Felix is leaving Geneva the very month I arrive.

On the one hand it is good that you go to Geneva, and if it is bad news that just when you reach he goes to rome.I'm a little sad, but I wish you much luck :) , I hope our prince does not last very long in rome , and we can see a day in Geneva

I mentioned him as a playboy because I have actually read articles in Luxembourg publications that he enjoyed the nightlife and the ladies just a little too much and that this caused friction with is parents. People who know Felix say that he is a ladies man but not a playboy like Andrea Casiraghi and that he is extremely normal, down to earth, and kind. I wasn't trying to insult him or defame his character in any way. I think he's best all around Prince. And, yes he has only ever displayed picture perfect Prince behavior.
Oh don't worry, I got the gist of what you meant, I was just pointing it out so others wouldn't get confused. But I think Pierre Casiraghi was more of a playboy than his brother, Andrea. Andrea was dethroned from top playboy status since he's been with Tatiana Santo Domingo for 7 years.

And while I do hope he finds his future princess in Rome, I could also be a little selfish and hope he doesn't at the same time. :whistling:

Oh don't worry, I got the gist of what you meant, I was just pointing it out so others wouldn't get confused. But I think Pierre Casiraghi was more of a playboy than his brother, Andrea. Andrea was dethroned from top playboy status since he's been with Tatiana Santo Domingo for 7 years.

And while I do hope he finds his future princess in Rome, I could also be a little selfish and hope he doesn't at the same time. :whistling:

i was wondering...does Felix has any girlfriend?:ermm:

Back
Top Bottom