The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-26-2012, 12:13 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix_Sunny View Post
IS he still dating her? by the way does Felix smoke?
He did smoke, not sure if still does. Still with Claire.

Felix played in a charity tennis tournament and brought Claire and posed with her for the press.

http://www.gettyimages.de/detail/nachrichtenfoto/prince-f%C3%A9lix-l%C3%A9opold-marie-guillaume-of-luxembourg-and-nachrichtenfoto/141608951

http://www.gettyimages.de/detail/nachrichtenfoto/prince-felix-de-luxembourg-and-claire-lademacher-nachrichtenfoto/141614872

http://lux-arazzi.blogspot.ca/2012/03/felix-and-claire-in-miami.html

Old 03-26-2012, 12:21 AM
Courtier

He def. still smokes. He's holding a cigarette in this picture:
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Old 03-26-2012, 08:36 AM
Commoner

Claire seems to be a nice young lady to me. I'm not impressed about her fashion sense, though. I'm afraid that she also is a little too tall for Felix. In the picture where she was wearing flip flops, she looked fine with him, but in the picture where she was wearing high heels under her white gown, she was definitely taller than Felix. I like Claire, but I have to be honest, she and Felix don't complement each other.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:42 PM
Serene Highness

Queen Rania is taller than King Abdullah. People who self-assured do not mind tall women, even those taller than themselves.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Nobility

I think she's totally not Claire's type. Or maybe I'm wrong about the idea I had about Felix. She's too "diva" for the Luxemburgian family...

The most handsome Luxemburgian prince is taken

Queen Mathilde
Old 09-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Serene Highness

He may be Claire's type if they are both athletic. That is a bond that pulls people together. They were both at the tennis match. But it's ridiculous, in my estimation, to go on dating a woman for a long time without marriage, if one is a royal and should uphold standards. Maybe there is serious opposition to his choice of girl friend. Afraid we do not know. Louis' marriage to a commoner seems to have been a plus, and Louis and Tessy work well with the family and have nice kids...only kids so far in that generation. I suppose Felix could be held to a dynastic marriage? But I doubt that, since his parents did not have a dynastic marriage--they had permission, but she was not "noble", in other words, not part of the great European royal family. His mother was a college graduate and a fine woman and that wasn't enough for the "dynast" Carlos who made Grand Duke Jean mad by complaining about it. Anyway, if this gal is not suitable he should move on or consider giving up his line of descent. It would make it easier for those next in line, like Alexandra, to think straight about what she is doing; also Sebastien eventually. It must be nerve wracking to be in the middle like Alexandra and not knowing how to frame her life's goals, other than getting and education and hoping for love and a good marriage.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel1 View Post
He may be Claire's type if they are both athletic. That is a bond that pulls people together. They were both at the tennis match. But it's ridiculous, in my estimation, to go on dating a woman for a long time without marriage, if one is a royal and should uphold standards. Maybe there is serious opposition to his choice of girl friend. Afraid we do not know. Louis' marriage to a commoner seems to have been a plus, and Louis and Tessy work well with the family and have nice kids...only kids so far in that generation. I suppose Felix could be held to a dynastic marriage? But I doubt that, since his parents did not have a dynastic marriage--they had permission, but she was not "noble", in other words, not part of the great European royal family. His mother was a college graduate and a fine woman and that wasn't enough for the "dynast" Carlos who made Grand Duke Jean mad by complaining about it. Anyway, if this gal is not suitable he should move on or consider giving up his line of descent. It would make it easier for those next in line, like Alexandra, to think straight about what she is doing; also Sebastien eventually. It must be nerve wracking to be in the middle like Alexandra and not knowing how to frame her life's goals, other than getting and education and hoping for love and a good marriage.
Maybe he's not marrying his girlfriend yet because he's not ready and wants to concentrate on his schooling. He should marry when he feels like he's ready and not because certain people hold a certain standard of when he should marry. The last thing he needs is to be pressure in making one of the most important decision in his life.

Plus, I highly doubt his parents would disapprove his girlfriend simply because she's not noble/royal. Grand Duchess Maria Teresa had already said on record that she would approve of her children's choice of bride and groom regardless who they chose.

And lastly, I highly doubt Alexandra and Sebastien have to hypothesize and planned out for eventual taking over of Luxembourg throne. They know they will never be Grand Duke/Duchess, not with Guillaume and Felix ahead of them.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_ View Post
I think she's totally not Claire's type. Or maybe I'm wrong about the idea I had about Felix. She's too "diva" for the Luxemburgian family...

Well, she must be his type if he had been with her for so long.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Serene Highness

You are right, Midnight Sonata, people should think for a while about marriage before they do it. Very pretty pictures of Clare at the wedding of Imre and Kathleen today in New York. She was there and pictured alongside Prince Louis, whom she towered over in her ultra high heels. Felix was in the wedding party--best man? I forget. Clare looked refined and had on a refined and lovely colored dress. Winsome.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_ View Post

too diva? seriously? we have hardly seen her in these last years they been dating, i don't see what can qualify as diva-ish in her behaviour. i don't think she could go more understated.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Courtier

I have a question...if Felix marries Claire who is a commoner, will she become a princess? Will he still get to keep his title or will he lose it? I am confused because of Tessy and Louis's situation. Did he only lose his title because he had a child out of wedlock? Or was it that he married without the government's consent?

Would Felix lose his title if he married Claire or any commoner?
Old 10-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Well nothing happened to Henri when he married a commoner so that is not an issue. Louis is still a prince and an HRH, but he did give up his place in the succession due to the pregnancy. Much the same happened with his uncle.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Well nothing happened to Henri when he married a commoner so that is not an issue. Louis is still a prince and an HRH, but he did give up his place in the succession due to the pregnancy. Much the same happened with his uncle.
Yes, but Henri was also the hereditary Grand Duke. If he didn't wed, there would be no future for the monarchy so that is different than Felix or Louis. At the time of his marriage Tessy and her sons went by the name de Nassau. It was only until 2009 that Tessy was styled a Princess of Luxembourg along with her sons. I'm wondering why that happened.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Heir Apparent

As I understand it the children of younger sons of the monarch will be known as Prince/Princess de Nassau not Luxembourg. Marriage to a commoner is not an impediment to a recognized approved marriage which was your initial question.
Given how young Louis & Tessy were and how they started out, it seems pretty reasonable to withhold a royal title until the GD felt it was appropriate.
If Henri had not married MT in 1981, or married without his parents approval, he still had 2 brothers and 2 sisters in the line of succession so the dynasty would have been able to continue on.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:54 AM
Serene Highness

Claire was at the recent wedding in Luxembourg, and she was dressed very nicely again, as she was at Imre's wedding. She is VERY tall, so if these two marry, by George they will have for children Valkyries (or male counterpart of Valkyries). I wrote on another thread that I was impressed with Felix's ability to speak Standard English, without a regional accent, when he read from the Scriptures at Guillaume's wedding. That is very unusual for a foreign native to speak Standard English without an accent. I taught in a college and had many foreign students and not a single one of them spoke without an accent. I did know a Hungarian sailor who visited our town who spoke without an accent, and that was the only other one. I consider this a rare accomplishment, showing Felix's "ear" for hearing the nuances of speech. The family seems to have some real linguists--including Guillaume and Stephanie.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
As I understand it the children of younger sons of the monarch will be known as Prince/Princess de Nassau not Luxembourg. Marriage to a commoner is not an impediment to a recognized approved marriage which was your initial question.
Given how young Louis & Tessy were and how they started out, it seems pretty reasonable to withhold a royal title until the GD felt it was appropriate.
If Henri had not married MT in 1981, or married without his parents approval, he still had 2 brothers and 2 sisters in the line of succession so the dynasty would have been able to continue on.

Just a correction: Henri's sisters have never been (and are still not, even with the recent succession changes) in the line of succession to be monarch. The entire male line would have to be wiped out for any female to be considered. And the female heir would have come from a sister of a further back monarch, not the daughter of GD Jean.
As of the new laws currently in effect, Princess Alexandra is the only female in line to the throne.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:04 AM

Does anyone know more about Claire Lademacher? Age, education, siblings, job, interests etc. Also, does Felix likes to read and what type of music he listens to?
Old 10-31-2012, 04:17 PM
Serene Highness

So far, Claire has been at two royal weddings wearing skirts which come down as far as her knees--bravo!
Old 11-02-2012, 03:20 PM

I was talking with my sister about Felix and Claire relationship...is she official his girlfriend? or just a very good friend..?if she is his girlfriend do you think they gonna to be marry in the near future?
Old 11-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix_Sunny View Post
I was talking with my sister about Felix and Claire relationship...is she official his girlfriend? or just a very good friend..?if she is his girlfriend do you think they gonna to be marry in the near future?
Hello, Alix and Welcome on the TRF!
She is not his official girlfriend, as they haven't announced any engagement, but due to reports, she is his girlfriend.
We are not fortunetellers to say exactly if and when they will get married, we could just suppose.