Pre-Wedding Information for Félix and Claire

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally a date! However, Germany and France correct me if i'm wrong but I'm sure Felix is a member of the Luxembourg RF?

Maybe the bride is from Germany or France.

The bride is from Germany and at the the engagemnt Photo session it was suggested that the Wedding usually takes place in the home of the bride. Therefore i find it strange that only the civil Wedding will be in Germany.

Last edited:
Princes Jean and Guillaume did not have their wedding in Luxembourg only Henri the Heir.

Usually, on royal weddings when both parties are Royalty, the wedding takes place at the bride's country.

Claire isn't from Royalty, but maybe she wants to marry at her country.

Finally we know the dates.

Looking forward to the wedding. I am sure Claire will be a stunning bride.

It's so lovely that they're gonna get married in Claire's country. It reminds me of our King Frederik IX and his Ingrid who got married in Storkyrkan in Sweden, and then sailed to Denmark and arrived the following day. So romantic and traditional.

Also, it's so nice to finally have a date.

Last edited:
It's so lovely that they're gonna get married in Tatiana's country. It reminds me of our King Frederik IX and his Ingrid who got married in Storkyrkan in Sweden, and then sailed to Denmark and arrived the following day.

Who is Tatiana?

Who is Tatiana?

Ugh, Claire obviously :bang:
Just another proof that I can't speak and write at the same time seeing as I legitimately was just talking to a Tatiana on the phone when I wrote that post :ROFLMAO:

I am so excited we are going to have another lavish wedding in the Lux family. If it's as beautiful as Guillaume's and Stephanie's was, we are in for a treat. :)

I wonder if Claire will select her compatriot Karl Lagerfeld to design her bridal outfits? He is German like she is, but is a Monagasque citizen who has a home in the South of France where the religious wedding will take place. :whistling:

Last edited:
It's so lovely that they're gonna get married in Claire's country. It reminds me of our King Frederik IX and his Ingrid who got married in Storkyrkan in Sweden, and then sailed to Denmark and arrived the following day. So romantic and traditional.

Also, it's so nice to finally have a date.

It reminds me of Prince Duarte Nuno (1907-1976), Duke of Braganza, who, in the middle of WWII, went to Brazil to marry Princess Maria Francisca of Orleans-Braganza (1914-1968).

i'm very happy for both! i was expecting a wedding in germany, but i'm surprised about the choice for a wedding in france. interesting decision, i wonder what made them choose Sainte Marie-Madeleine de Saint-Maximin-la-Sainte-Baume, maybe they just like the village or the church of an area both of them know pretty well. i wonder if we will get to know more closer to the date.
by the way, will an interview take place, like it did for G+S?

It's sad for the people of Luxembourg that there won't be a wedding in Luxembourg. That surprises me, that a royal so high in the line of succession doesn't have a wedding in Luxembourg.

It's sad for the people of Luxembourg that there won't be a wedding in Luxembourg. That surprises me, that a royal so high in the line of succession doesn't have a wedding in Luxembourg.

Yes, I'm rather surprised that France was chosen over Luxembourg (although I'm now aware of the family home in France). I like the idea of choosing Germany for the civil ceremony.

As someone else pointed out, GD Henri's younger brother Guillaume was very high up in the succession to the throne when he married wealthy heiress Sibilla Weiler in Versailles France in 1994. Strictly speaking, it is only necessary that the heir be married in Luxembourg.

Maybe the GD Family want to avoid the grumbling about cost to the taxpayers among a certain segment of Luxembourg society that took place when Guillaume married last year? I don't blame them. Why take on that headache when the bride has an uber wealthy daddy who is able and willing to spare no expense in two different countries? :ermm:

I Googled the Basilica of St. Marie-Madeleine and not only is it very ancient(circa 1295) sacred(the relics of Mary Magdalene repose there), it is also breath takingly beautiful inside and out. With the bride's family owning a castle nearby to host the reception, Felix and Claire could not have chosen a more perfect spot to have their Nuptial Mass, imo.

Last edited:
I don't know what Felix does besides look adorable and handsome, but his fiancée is a doctoral candidate in bioethics at Rome's Pontifical University.

I don't know what Felix does besides look adorable and handsome, but his fiancée is a doctoral candidate in bioethics at Rome's Pontifical University.

This is cute! You made me chuckle!

USCtrojan, I just read somewhere that Felix studies at the Pontifical University as well, even though he is not getting his PhD. like Claire is. I don't know what Felix's course of study is but Claire sounds scary smart. Luxarazzi reports that she is currently a guest researcher/scholar at Georgetown University's Kennedy School of Ethics preparing her dissertation on the ethics of organ donation with relation to Germany, Austria and the U.S.

Very impressive young woman!

Also, according to Nice Matin no less than five bishops will concelebrate the Nuptial Mass including the Archbishop of Luxembourg and the Grand Duchy's papal nuncio.

Last edited:
USCtrojan, I just read somewhere that Felix studies at the Pontifical University as well, even though he is not getting his PhD. like Claire is. I don't know what Felix's course of study is but Claire sounds scary smart. Luxarazzi reports that she is currently a guest researcher/scholar at Georgetown University's Kennedy School of Ethics preparing her thesis on the ethics of organ donation with relation to Germany, Austria and the U.S.

Very impressive young woman!

Also, according to Nice Matin no less than five bishops will concelebrate the Nuptial Mass including the Archbishop of Luxembourg and the Grand Duchy's papal nuncio.

Wow!

She is a very smart and ambitious lady for sure! She will be the first in the family with a PHD, correct? As I know the Grand Duke and Duchess both have bachelor degrees.

I just can't wrap my head around the number of religious figures who will be presiding over the wedding. No less than five? How many did Stephanie and Guillaume have?

Stephanie and Guillaume seemed to have the entire Catholic clergy of the Grand Duchy up on the altar at their wedding, including Archbishop Hollerich and the papal nuncio to Luxembourg. There had to be at least 25 priests and bishops. At least two of the concelebrants were members of Stephanie's family.

Yes, the future Princess Claire will be the first member of the GD Family with a PhD. Stephanie has a Master's. Henri and MT can be very proud of their sons' choices indeed!

Last edited:
Stephanie and Guillaume seemed to have the entire Catholic clergy of the Grand Duchy up on the altar at their wedding, including Archbishop Hollerich and the papal nuncio to Luxembourg. There had to be at least 25 priests and bishops. At least two of the concelebrants were members of Stephanie's family.

The wedding of Guillaume and Stephanie was celebrated by 15 priests, including archbishop Hollerich, the retired archbishop Franck, the papal nuncio to Belgium and Luxembourg, two members of the della Faille de Leverghem family and the four canons of the cathedral. The others were either abbots from Luxembourg or abroad.

On another note, Claire and Felix have chosen the charities who shall benefit from their wedding.

Luxarazzi : Charities to Benefit from the Wedding of Félix and Claire

I surely can understand the wish to not burden the people of Lux with expenses of another wedding. The setting in the south of France will be lovely, with a castle for a reception, wow, can't be more fantastic! Without doubt there will be appearances in Luxembourg later. I hope Tessy will be in the wedding in some capacity, perhaps as a scripture reader, as Felix was at Guillaume's wedding. I recall that I was uber-impressed that Felix read in English with NO accent. Perfect unaccented standard English. These people are really capable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom