Pre-Wedding Information for Félix and Claire

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Mariel, that blew me away too. I loved the way Gui and Stephanie incorporated members of both families into their ceremony. Their wedding was regal and personal all at once...very moving.

I hope it will be the same for Felix and Claire!

At what time is the marriage expected to take place?

USCtrojan, I just read somewhere that Felix studies at the Pontifical University as well, even though he is not getting his PhD. like Claire is. I don't know what Felix's course of study is but Claire sounds scary smart. Luxarazzi reports that she is currently a guest researcher/scholar at Georgetown University's Kennedy School of Ethics preparing her dissertation on the ethics of organ donation with relation to Germany, Austria and the U.S.

Very impressive young woman!

Also, according to Nice Matin no less than five bishops will concelebrate the Nuptial Mass including the Archbishop of Luxembourg and the Grand Duchy's papal nuncio.

wow, Claire is very smart women!!! by the way is she come from noble family like Stephanie?

Maybe the GD Family want to avoid the grumbling about cost to the taxpayers among a certain segment of Luxembourg society that took place when Guillaume married last year? I don't blame them. Why take on that headache when the bride has an uber wealthy daddy who is able and willing to spare no expense in two different countries? :ermm:

I Googled the Basilica of St. Marie-Madeleine and not only is it very ancient(circa 1295) sacred(the relics of Mary Magdalene repose there), it is also breath takingly beautiful inside and out. With the bride's family owning a castle nearby to host the reception, Felix and Claire could not have chosen a more perfect spot to have their Nuptial Mass, imo.

That´s true,I have also googled the church immediately after I read that they are going to chose it for their wedding ceremony,it looks so beautiful and romantic in the pictures :)
It is a good decision to have the wedding in a different country,if they pay for the wedding expenses there will be less criticism and everyone can enjoy the wedding without having to make any nasty comments (as have happened in UK,Sweden and other nations.)
I do not understand why people constantly complain about the costs of a royal wedding so much-after all it is a great way of publicity for the nation who is celebrating, it stimulates tourism and it is a good news compared to all the misery that happens in politics and economy...
Personally I am delighed to watch a glamourous royal wedding because most commoners with a normal job could not afford to have such a big celebration-If there were no royal weddings, only people like Donald Trump and celebrities would have such big weddings... We would miss out a lot of elegance,beautiful traditions and class that only a royal wedding can deliver ;)

I am really looking forward to the wedding of Prince Felix and Claire Lademacher & I am already wondering who is going to design the bridal dress? Surely Claire Lademacher is going to be a lovely, elegant bride-she looks very pretty in the pictures! I am glad to know that she is also very academic and smart :flowers:

Last edited:
I'm sure this is going to be an elegant wedding. Claire will be a beautiful bride.
Looks like Claire's parents are footing the bill... well, I hope they will enjoy it at least! Glad we have the dates! :flowers:

wow, Claire is very smart women!!! by the way is she come from noble family like Stephanie?

No, Claire is not from the nobility. But her father Hartmut is quite brilliant, a self-made billionaire and a philanthropist with castles and real estate all across Europe and the USA.

Last edited:
Less than a month away!
Since Claire is not from the nobility, will she wear a tiara? Will the GD give her a title before the religious ceremony or after? I can't remember what it was like for Stephanie, and Tessy was not exactly the normal case.

Less than a month away!
Since Claire is not from the nobility, will she wear a tiara? Will the GD give her a title before the religious ceremony or after? I can't remember what it was like for Stephanie, and Tessy was not exactly the normal case.

stephanie wore a tiara both before her wedding and during. however, the tiara used for the wedding was one of her own family heirloom.
tessy did not wear a tiara.
i believe claire will wear a tiara, either a GD tiara or even a tiara bought by her own family for the ocassion (although i think it will most likely be a tiara lent by her future mother in law).

The Grand Duchess seems very generous with her tiaras so I think Claire will wear a tiara.

I share your belief that Claire will wear a tiara. Most likely it will be on loan from Maria Theresa.

The Grand Duchess has been very generous when it comes to sharing her tiaras with the younger generation. Although Tessy didn't wear one at her wedding, she wore at least three different tiaras afterwards.

I wonder if it will be the Congo necklace tiara? It was the wedding tiara of the previous generation, but in the meantime they thought of selling it off. And it hasn't been seen for decades.

true, with more female additions to the lux family we now can marvel at so many different tiaras all at once! i'm looking forward to seeing MT, alexandra, tessy, stephanie and claire all wearing tiaras for some of the wedding festivities.

i guess we should start a tiara poll :)

Will the GD give her a title before the religious ceremony or after?

He won't need to give her a title as she automatically becomes HRH Princess Claire of Luxembourg upon her marriage as the Grand Duke has already given his consent. If he hadn't done so, she would have become Countess Claire of Nassau.

Their children will be known as HRH Prince/ss of Nassau.

true, with more female additions to the lux family we now can marvel at so many different tiaras all at once! i'm looking forward to seeing MT, alexandra, tessy, stephanie and claire all wearing tiaras for some of the wedding festivities.

i guess we should start a tiara poll :)

Good idea! I am really hoping to see Stephanie in a larger tiara! So far I believe the largest tiara she has worn is the floral tiara, so I would like to see her in something a little more beefy!

Claire will almost certainly wear a tiara from the Lux Grand Ducal collection, but I will it be surprised if she is also given one as a gift by her very wealthy family.

This was done by the wealthy families of other recent Royal brides like those of Marie-Chantal Miller and Sibella Weiler. In Sibella's case she also had family tiaras at her disposal. Sibella is the great granddaughter of a Spanish princess.

Claire will almost certainly wear a tiara from the Lux Grand Ducal collection, but I will it be surprised if she is also given one as a gift by her very wealthy family.

This was done by the wealthy families of other recent Royal brides like those of Marie-Chantal Miller and Sibella Weiler. In Sibella's case she also had family tiaras at her disposal. Sibella is the great granddaughter of a Spanish princess.

What tiaras do you think will be showcased?

Claire
GD
HGD
Tessy
Alexandra (I'm almost certain that she will get to wear one too -why not)

The Bride: Belgian Congo Tiara (I think she might follow tradition)
GD: Chaumet Tiara or Empire Tiara (my personal favorite)
HGD: Belgian Scroll or Chaumet if the GD doesn't wear it
Tessy: Amethyst or Aquamarine Tiara (sans necklace)
Alexandra: Floral Tiara or maybe the Turquoise Tiara

My thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bride: Belgian Congo Tiara (I think she might follow tradition)
GD: Chaumet Tiara or Empire Tiara (my personal favorite)
HGD: Belgian Scroll or Chaumet if the GD doesn't wear it
Tessy: Amethyst or Aquamarine Tiara (sans necklace)
Alexandra: Floral Tiara or maybe the Turquoise Tiara

My thoughts.

Don't think we will get to see tiaras at the Wedding at all. and i also don't think there will be a white-tie Banquet like during the Wedding of Guillaume and Stéphanie. For your scneario we will have to wait for another Event in Luxembourg like the National Day Gala.

Last edited:
I don't think there will be tiaras at the wedding itself because that is not the way it's done in the Grand Ducal family. But the Lademachers have a vast seaside estate in the South of France and I will be very, very surprised if there is not a lavish pre-wedding Gala for their only daughter and her Royal fiancé.

There might even be tiaras-but unlike Guillaume's, we won't be seeing many pictures.;)

Last edited:
I don't think there will be tiaras at the wedding itself because that is not the way it's done in the Grand Ducal family. But the Lademachers have a vast seaside estate in the South of France and I will be very, very surprised if there is not a lavish pre-wedding Gala for their only daughter and her Royal fiancé.

There might even be tiaras-but unlike Guillaume's, we won't be seeing many pictures.;)

I hope there is pictures -it would be disappointing if there were but a few ;(

i'm sure some photos of the pre-wedding ceremonies will be distributed, even if it is a private event.

Don't think we will get to see tiaras at the Wedding at all. and i also don't think there will be a white-tie Banquet like during the Wedding of Guillaume and Stéphanie. For your scneario we will have to wait for another Event in Luxembourg like the National Day Gala.

although i'd be delighted if this were to happen, i doubt that even at national day gala there would be so much GD female representation. it's at this time rare that alexandra or tessy attend, so i guess it would be too much luck to have the grand duchess plus the 4 luxembourg princesses at national day gala next year (not only because it's not traditionally done, but tessy and claire are/may well live abroad). but we can hope...!

Some Wedding News.
civil Wedding at 12h30 at Villa Rothischild Kempinski in Königsstein. They will be marrie bei Könisstein Mayor Leonhard Helm
religious ceremony will be at 11h00.
http://www.wort.lu/e...4b01da492cfdc87

The religious wedding is not the same day as it happens in the south of France 4 days later at 11 h 00.
I am not sure it will be a tiara event but sure a very handsome bride.

So Felix has finished his Master's degree...good for him! I am surprised that they will live in the South of France after the wedding and run a vineyard?!

That sounds romantic....:whistling:

It's incredibly beautiful. It looks perfect for a Royal wedding. Thanks for the photos!:)

So Felix has finished his Master's degree...good for him! I am surprised that they will live in the South of France after the wedding and run a vineyard?!

That sounds romantic....:whistling:

Felix is not the heir to the throne, so he can a life he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom