New Titles for Tessy, Gabriel and Noah de Nassau: June 23, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing news :flowers: How her title will sound like? Princess Tessy of Luxembourg?
I remember someone told me that the fact that she was wearing tiara last year it's a sigh that she will be princess, she will get a title on next National Day! And i was like :ROFLMAO:

Woot! Go Tessy!

Oh, wait; Princess Tessy. I guess I always thought she'd get her title, I just didn't realize it would be this soon.

:luxstandard:
On occasion of the National Day HRH The Grand Duke Henri created Tessy de Nassau Her Royal Highness Princess of Luxembourg.
The sons of Tessy and Louis have been created TRH Princes Gabriel and Noah de Nassau.

Excellent news!!:luxflag2:

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=22-06-2009%20Luxembourg

courtesy ppe

Last edited:
Wonderful news ! I am so glad ! It makes my day ! I love that family !

Oh Lucien! Thank you so much for that news! I'm happy for Tessy!

When did they decide to give them a title does this mean that prince Louis will be back in line to the throne:) Tessy Looked soooo nice. Where was alexandra

I think it is wonderful that the boys have titles. It seems like Tessy and Louis are great together and I am happy for them.

Maybe the official website will be updated now Tessy and her sons are Princess/Princes.

i took a look at wikipedia but there were nothing about her family
does she have brother and sisters
who are her parents?

That's such wonderful news, I'm very happy for Tessy, Gabriel and Noah! :)
The Luxembourgian Royals showed once more what a closely-knitted family they are.

The official picture of Their Royal Highnesses (I LOVE saying this) is nothing short of wonderful, thanks for it Lucien! :flowers:
Maria Teresa and Tessy look stunning, both Grand Duke Henri and Louis don't lack good looks and the children are adorable.

Is she created a princess in her own right, or only as a result of her marriage? My Luxdembourgish is not fantstic, so I couldn't quite discern what was written entirely.

Is she created a princess in her own right, or only as a result of her marriage? My Luxdembourgish is not fantstic, so I couldn't quite discern what was written entirely.

HRH Princess Tessy,created in het own right as she was elevated to that rank by the Grand Duke,not as just the social custom has it that women take the curtesy title of their husband.:flowers:

More of the Family today:

PPE Agency
:flowers:
courtesy ppe

lucien said:
HRH Princess Tessy,created in het own right as she was elevated to that rank by the Grand Duke,not as just the social custom has it that women take the curtesy title of their husband. <>

This means the Grand Duke will bestow similar honours on all his future daughter-in-laws, doesn't it? Otherwise, it might be deemed unfair that one of his daughter-in-laws is a Princess in her own right, whereas others will become ones only by virtue of their marriages.

This means the Grand Duke will bestow similar honours on all his future daughter-in-laws, doesn't it? Otherwise, it might be deemed unfair that one of his daughter-in-laws is a Princess in her own right, whereas others will become ones only by virtue of their marriages.

It is in line with the policy of the Grand Duke creating all members,"morganatically" or not,to the title.It already happened with other members of the Family previously deemed originating of a morganatic marriage.

I'm glad Grand Duke Henri decided to give them the titles.

Josette

Congrats to Tessy and her sons on the new titles! This has been a wonderful National Day everyone looks great!!!!!!!!!

Wait a second, if Tessy is now Princess of Luxembourg, then what happened with Louis' succession rights?

I honestly think this is an awesome step. :flowers: Tessy and family aren't going away and denying them the title for so long was a bit embarrassing. Tessy has conducted herself quite well and no matter if the relationship lasts (and so far it looks good) she has behaved as a Princess long before the title.

It is a great news indeed. The Grand Ducal couple should be lauded for treading cautiously in regard to the situation surrounding their son not-so-traditional, shall we say, marriage and doing the right thing in the end.

English wikipedia - Princess Tessy of Luxembourg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nice gesture from in-laws.

Comparing wth prince Jean she was created HRH Princess very fast .
Btw was/is Helene Vestur elevated to princess or not?

No.:)

I honestly think this is an awesome step. :flowers: Tessy and family aren't going away and denying them the title for so long was a bit embarrassing. Tessy has conducted herself quite well and no matter if the relationship lasts (and so far it looks good) she has behaved as a Princess long before the title.

I agree,while all had raised eyebrows on what this was going to turn out to,Tessy behaved impeccable and proved the title more then worthy.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I concur with Lucien and Sg1fan. I can understand the hesitation on the part of the Grand Duke and Duchess at the beginning. Louis and Tessy were very young when the pregnancy was announced. Raising children and being married can be very difficult, and when you factor in young age, the odds typically aren't good. A out-of-wedlock child is quite the scandal in a royal family. However, Louis and Tessy seem to have a strong relationship, and seem to provide a loving home to their children. They have proven themselves to be committed to each other and their children. It was the perfect time for the titles.

I have always liked this young family, and I am very happy for them. This is truly a special day.

Why exactly was Princess Tessy not given the title of Princess when she married? Was it just that she gave birth to her eldest son before she was married or was there some other reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom