New Titles for Tessy, Gabriel and Noah de Nassau: June 23, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

No she is not. Prince Louis renounced his rights to the throne either before Gabriel was born or before he married Tessy (same year, just cannot remember when it fell exactly). But, even if Louis hadn't renounced his rights, he would be (at present) third in line for the throne. Factor in the (possible) future children of Guillaume and Felix, he would fall even further down the line and Tessy's chances of becoming the Grand Duchess would be even slimmer.

so again how could tessy become a princess of luxemborg now because if she did not get the title on her wedding day i believe she should not given one now. Couldnt she be award the title princess louis of luxemborg and a wedlock child becoming a prince that set the record for all the children who were born into parent who were not married to become princes and princess .

Because GD Henri decided to make his daughter-in-law a princess, after the fuss around her had calmed down.
I think it is a very nice gift, and she deserves it.

Seeing how a lot of people who are born to titles often don't behave in a way befitting them, and how many who marry into royalty the 'conventional' way often fail to live up to expectations, it's a breath of fresh air to see someone who does carry herself with grace even under such difficult circumstances. I think it was right to wait before granting the titles - after all, it is wise to be cautious in such things. Tessy has proven herself though, and my opinion of the Grand Duke has gone up several notches for doing the right thing.

It was such a wonderful gesture of the Grand Duke to accept the marriage of his son also in terms of granting his daugther in law a royal title. I think that Tessy carries this title with demure and beautifully so far. As years go by she will grow deeper into this role. She is stil very very young and has a long way to go. So far she has done it quite well.

I'm unsure we're even aware of what role Tessy is supposed to have as a princess of Luxembourg living abroad. Obviously it's situational but in my eyes if you're a princess of a country you live there. Tessy's title's a mere distraction. HGD Guillaume needs a wife.

I agree that she deserve the title and so on .its no surprise that the grand duke like to do thing his own way such as recognize the children of his brother jean as prince not count as they were since they parent marriage was not approve by jean grand duke of luxemnbourg and now to his oldest daughter who was born out of wedlock is a princess i mean the law of the house of nassau as other house law speculate that only LEGITIMATE birth is a recognize as a dynast and since luxembourg is catholic a catholic union is more important than a civil also it state that children who were born into marriage that was not approve should be given the title of count of nassau and this title itself is a honnor since it exist in the family before the title of grand duke of luxembourg. another options that there is that the youngest being born inot a marriage made prince and the oldest a count but that might have create problems

I have never understand why there was such a fuss over this matter. Perhaps I'm more open minded and progressive about this. I'm glad that Prince Louis and Prince Tess were given titles. They proven themselves to be responsible adults and parents.

I have never understand why there was such a fuss over this matter. Perhaps I'm more open minded and progressive about this. I'm glad that Prince Louis and Prince Tess were given titles. They proven themselves to be responsible adults and parents.

I agree with you. I am progressive about some things as well and the thing that I wondered about was why the titles were not granted after the wedding and Tessy and Louis' eldest son had now be legitimized. I assumed this was the basis for all of the fuss. We had to wait quite a while for the announcement. I can only assume that perhaps given the age of Tessy and Louis that HRH wanted to see how the marriage progressed.

My progressive sensibilities also didn't understand why Louis had to renounce his succession rights just because he had a child out of wedlock. I mean theoretically speaking unless there was a mass homicide or suicide (heaven forbid), Louis was never going to be Grand Duke anyway so there was hardly reason for debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom