Baptism of Gabriel de Nassau: April 22, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No I think they still would have allowed it since my cousin did the same thing and her child was still baptized.

I find it interesting that the Wort article says that the baby was born in Geneva....when everyone else says he was born in Luxembourg.

I hope I am allowed to post that the Luxemburg court has confirmed already weeks ago that the baby was born in Genève, Switzerland.

Tessy is really pretty. I wish Louis and Tessy the best of luck in raising little Gabriel. He seems to be such a cute little baby. I too am glad that most of the family could be there and recognize the new addition to their family. Making Princess Alexandra godmother of Gabriel seems to confirm Louis and Alexandra's closeness. :)

Aw, what chubby cheeks! Glad to see the parents are well too.

Does anybody know if any other relatives attended apart from the parents and siblings of Louis? I especially wonder if Grand Duke Jean attended.

Louis looks terribly young, a 16 yo. But all the best to the couple and to little Gabriel. At least the court is doing the descent thing. Chapeau to Henri and Maria-Theresa for that!

Marengo said:
Does anybody know if any other relatives attended apart from the parents and siblings of Louis? I especially wonder if Grand Duke Jean attended.

Louis looks terribly young, a 16 yo. But all the best to the couple and to little Gabriel. At least the court is doing the descent thing. Chapeau to Henri and Maria-Theresa for that!

As far as we know the service was kept quite small and descret.
with only a few close friends in attendence.
Louis brother Guillaume was there with grand duke Henri and Marie Terese
And Tessy family.I very much doubt grand duke jean was there....:)

Tessy is a very pretty young woman and they seem delighted with their son Gabriel! I couldn't wait to see pics of them together! :)

I wish the best for Gabriel and all the Family!

Thanks for the information and pictures everyone. It's great they had Gabriel baptised and only if they got married because they seemed to look good together.

Young European Royals marks family celebrations

In Hellomagazine.com there is an article and pictures of the Christening.

24 APRIL 2006

Intimate Christening for Gabriel,
first son of Prince Louis of Luxembourg

On Saturday twenty-two of April, Luxembourg started with a smooth air of celebration. Young Prince Louis of Luxembourg and Tessy Anthony baptized, in the church of Gilsdorf, their first son (born at the night of twelve of March), accompanied by their respective families. The small one, who they called Gabriel Michael Louis Ronny, had for godparents Princess Alejandra (sister of the flaming father and fourth daughter of the Great Dukes of Luxembourg) and Ronny Anthony, Tessy's brother . The chapel, floral decorated, had the presence of the small Gabriel grandparents, the Great Dukes, Enrique and Maria Teresa of Luxembourg.

Party in the Air

After the religious ceremony happened a reception of character eminently private. The young parents (he is nineteen and Tessa twenty years old) were seen thriled with small Gabriel (very calm and with cautious air) in their arms.

When on September 2005, the Great Dukes of Luxembourg announced officially that his third son was expecting a baby, the surprise took over this small Central European State. Nevertheless, the attitude of the young people (who assumed with responsibility their paternity) soon turned the logical initial surprise into a warm waiting. The birth of the small Gabriel has turned the Great Dukes grandparents. In fact, Prince Enrique holds, from now on, in addition to the title of Great Duke the one of grandfather.

From Hola.es.

Hello magazine

There's one mistake in the hello-magazine article about the baptism: the name of the young mother is Tessy Antony and not Tessy Antony Hansen...I think will never learn it :D.

I've often heard that Louis and Tessy met during their service in the army, but I never heard about Louis joining the army. Can someone clarify that for me? I thought he was still in school.

He did the IB a while back. After he completed that, he went to some military academy. He was doing something that I can at best describe as royal/military work when he met her (I really don't remember exactly what it was.) He now is attending university.

It seems it was a very nice, small christining. Are Louis and Tessy still dating?

was felix or sebastian there?

Netty said:
I hope I am allowed to post that the Luxemburg court has confirmed already weeks ago that the baby was born in Genève, Switzerland.

Why wouldn't you be allowed Netty? Didn't you post this on your other websites too?

Welcome:)

I just went to hellomagazine.com and read the post on the christening. They write it like this: "He is the first grandchild for Louis' parents, Grand Duke Henri and his wife Maria Teresa."

Why isn't Maria Teresa called Grand Duchess? It almost makes her seem like she is nothing!:eek:

I am confused. :confused:

tenngirl said:
I just went to hellomagazine.com and read the post on the christening. They write it like this: "He is the first grandchild for Louis' parents, Grand Duke Henri and his wife Maria Teresa."

Why isn't Maria Teresa called Grand Duchess? It almost makes her seem like she is nothing!:eek:

I am confused. :confused:

I think it's out of convenience for the author of the article not have to type everyone's full title 100% of the time. No disrespect was meant at all, I'm sure. :)

It was so great to see these pictures this morning. They look very happy and I wish them the best. Taking care of a baby is hard word, but I'm sure they will be excellent parents. :)

Also with MT's title, she only got it because of marrige. It is Henri who really has the title, so in order to save time, the auther probably just wrote it once.

I noticed that the baby second name is Micheal is that Tessy's father name ?

Gabriel Michael Louis Ronny- thats full name of baby. I only know, why Louis. But the biggest mistery is for me name Ronny. Does anybody know anything about that?

Ronny is Tessy's brother and Gabriel's godfather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom