The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
Actually, I've heard that teenagers really don't care about their country's royals and really don't see them as role models. It is the adults who supposedly care. But I doubt that everyone here is between 40 and 80 years old, so I don't really know if it is true.
you are completely right.

Old 03-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantednights
so i've been reading these posts about Louis being a role model and teenagers imitating them and all of that and i have to say that is complete bs. i am sixteen years old and would never do something because "OOOHHH A PRINCE DID IT!" sorry maybe i'm the odd duck but i live life on my own terms and don't really follow what celebs or royals do, and i think i can speak for some other teens, at least in the US. i don't know how it works in europe.
You are right. It is definitely not royalty most European teenagers look up to and take as their model.

Old 03-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Aristocracy

Congradulations for the birth and I wish the three of them the best in the future!!!
Old 03-21-2006, 06:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
Bringing the image of the monarcy down. i.e. gossips.
Thanks I got confused.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:29 PM
Courtier

Has there been a picture released of the baby?

www.one.org
Old 03-21-2006, 07:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathilde1286
Has there been a picture released of the baby?
They said there would be no official picture of the child. I guess all we will see is glances of him going to places here and there.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
They said there would be no official picture of the child. I guess all we will see is glances of him going to places here and there.
that's unfair, he's a part of the Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg and deserves to be treated as one instead of being the "bastard boy" (sorry if you are offended by the word )
Old 03-21-2006, 08:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
that's unfair, he's a part of the Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg and deserves to be treated as one instead of being the "bastard boy" (sorry if you are offended by the word )
Who says that he's being treated as the "bastard boy?" Just because there will be no official picture of Gabriel does not mean that the Luxembourg royal court treats the baby as less a member of the royal family. They are simply drawing a line between their public life and their private life.

Tessy and the baby are private individuals technically. Tessy has not married into the Grand Ducal family and is still a private citizen, and so is her baby, who bears no official title. He is a grandson of the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess, and the son of a prince, but he's no more royal than Infanta Elena or Cristina of Spain's children or Princess Martha Louise of Norway's daughters, all of whom were born legitimately.

I think we need to be careful in addressing Gabriel as a "bastard child" just because he has no title or there are no official pictures of him.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
He is a grandson of the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess, and the son of a prince, but he's no more royal than Infanta Elena or Cristina of Spain's children or Princess Martha Louise of Norway's daughters, all of whom were born legitimately.
The very fact that the baby is an illegitimate child, makes him a "bastard" in the true definition of the word.

Also that there will be no official photos and the that the baby will not have the Louis's surname just reinforces the fact that the baby is illegitimate..a bastard.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
The very fact that the baby is an illegitimate child, makes him a "bastard" in the true definition of the word.

Also that there will be no official photos and the that the baby will not have the Louis's surname just reinforces the fact that the baby is illegitimate..a bastard.
By literal definition that he is one doesn't mean that he will be treated like one. Marius is hardly treated like a bastard child -- he is very much loved by his mom and dad and his step-father and his step-family.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:49 AM
Aristocracy

The word 'bastard' is very ugly and should never be used to define an innocent child, IMO.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloriana
The word 'bastard' is very ugly and should never be used to define an innocent child, IMO.
Absolutely. I don't think anybody uses it to talk of their neighbours' children born out of wedlock. So why use it for Louis and Tessy's baby?
Old 03-23-2006, 02:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloriana
I agree. It sounds mean to call a child a bastard, even if the child is one in the true meaning of the word.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lise
I agree. It sounds mean to call a child a bastard, even if the child is one in the true meaning of the word.
Yes it reminds me about the small baby Elizabet (Later Elizabeth 1.) was also called a bastard. I se bastard as a mean word like a word there sometimes are used for Black people (i dont want to write it because its so ugly). The words meand the same but the one word is made as a degrading word.
Pls dont call a little child a bastard
Old 03-23-2006, 10:50 AM
Courtier

I normally don´t follow the Luxemburg RF but i had to go in here to read this thread. First of all - Congratulations to the parents.

I myself could not in my wildest dreams imagen myself as a parent yet, and certainly not as a 19 year old. I think that if it would have happen to me i would like to have an abortion beacuse i would not be ready for that responsibility that it means. But i´m still happy for them and hope they feel good about the situation, even though i generally think that noone should get a baby at that age. Hope i haven´t affended anyone, that was not my intension.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Don't worry. You agree with alot of people.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:17 PM
Nobility

Louis and Tessy

:)congratulatios to Louis and Tessy!!!!!!!!!!! it´s wonderful.... good choice about his name....it´s very beautifull....:)
Old 03-25-2006, 04:38 AM
Gentry

When we can to see first picture of little Gabriel?
Old 03-25-2006, 05:09 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian
When we can to see first picture of little Gabriel?
We'll probably see no pics: the family wants discretion.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can only imagine when the first pics of him will come out.