Baby Boy for Prince Louis & Tessy Antony - Gabriel: March 12, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The word 'bastard' is very ugly and should never be used to define an innocent child, IMO.

Gloriana said:
The word 'bastard' is very ugly and should never be used to define an innocent child, IMO.

Absolutely. I don't think anybody uses it to talk of their neighbours' children born out of wedlock. So why use it for Louis and Tessy's baby?

Gloriana said:

I agree. It sounds mean to call a child a bastard, even if the child is one in the true meaning of the word.

lise said:
I agree. It sounds mean to call a child a bastard, even if the child is one in the true meaning of the word.

Yes it reminds me about the small baby Elizabet (Later Elizabeth 1.) was also called a bastard. I se bastard as a mean word like a word there sometimes are used for Black people (i dont want to write it because its so ugly). The words meand the same but the one word is made as a degrading word.
Pls dont call a little child a bastard

I normally don´t follow the Luxemburg RF but i had to go in here to read this thread. First of all - Congratulations to the parents.

I myself could not in my wildest dreams imagen myself as a parent yet, and certainly not as a 19 year old. I think that if it would have happen to me i would like to have an abortion beacuse i would not be ready for that responsibility that it means. But i´m still happy for them and hope they feel good about the situation, even though i generally think that noone should get a baby at that age. Hope i haven´t affended anyone, that was not my intension.

Louis and Tessy

:)congratulatios to Louis and Tessy!!!!!!!!!!! it´s wonderful.... good choice about his name....it´s very beautifull....:)

When we can to see first picture of little Gabriel?

Gillian said:
When we can to see first picture of little Gabriel?

We'll probably see no pics: the family wants discretion.

I'm pretty sure that no photos are going to be released at all....they want his birth to be as private as possible.

I'm pretty sure that no photos are going to be released at all....they want his birth to be as private as possible.

yes, i am also thinking about the same thing.

I believed it would have been a good idea to release a few photos so the paparrazzi would hopefully lay off for a while.

I don't get the impression that the paparazzi is that prevalent in Luxembourg -- consider how there are no images at all of a pregnant Tessy or so few images of any of the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess's children out and about in the city. We all know that they must go out -- they are teenagers and cannot possibly stay on the palace grounds all the time -- yet there are so few (practically none) images of them shopping or out with their friends.

I don't think the family will be pressed to release an image of Gabriel to offset the paparazzi.

Yes, why is this? They are like the less photographed RF.

Do you think they won't even bring him out for the June celebrations?

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Well, they did go to boarding school that was reeeaaallllly private.

William and Harry also went to boarding school and there were still pictures of them. William's own uncle's company got in trouble for trying to take pictures of William at St. Andrew's! The paparazzi will go to great lengths to take pictures of desirable subjects. Some school walls wouldn't deter them.

Plus, they're not at school all year long. They were home in Luxembourg during the Christmas holidays and summer holidays and there were still rarely any paparazzi pictures of them.

My personal opinion is that Luxembourg is such a small country, and so few people know who the Grand Ducal family members are, that pictures of them don't sell to magazines nearly as well as pictures of William, Harry, Andrea, Charlotte, Pierre, etc. ad nauseum.

Royals dont sell gossip and celebrity mags in Luxembourg like they do in other monarchies. I dont think we will see the baby but we might get lucky. They probably have professional pics ready incase they ever marry and want to release them.

Princejohnny25 said:
Royals dont sell gossip and celebrity mags in Luxembourg like they do in other monarchies. I dont think we will see the baby but we might get lucky. They probably have professional pics ready incase they ever marry and want to release them.
In this sense, I think Gabriel, Tessy and Louis are pretty lucky: They won't have paparazzi hunting them down to sneak pictures of Gabriel in his car seat or bundled up in his mother's arms going to the doctor's office.

If this situation happened in Britain and William or Harry had gotten some girl pregnant, we'd have several dozen pictures by now whether official pictures had been released or not.

I wonder if in hindsight, with so little attention paid to the arrival of Gabriel, if the family had to officially confirm the pregnancy afterall. The rumours would've continuned to circulate for sure, but there wasn't need to officially confirm it, especially if there was not going to be any further official acts about the baby other than his arrival.

From the moment when the rumours started circulating about Felix and a barmaid to the story being about Louis and Tessy, we've never seen Tessy and seen Louis on limited occasions (and since Louis wasn't the one with the growing belly it wouldn't have mattered anyways). The pregnancy could've easily been kept private.

Are the laws in Luxembourg more severe (or strict) on invading/looking in on the private lives of royals and/or celebs living there? Or do the press/paparazzi have more respect for the privacy of these individuals?

No paparazzi problems. The royals in Luxembourg are lucky people.

i think that it's more of an "honor code" or gentleman's agreement between the gd house and the press. plus, there's the disinterest/interest factor in luxembourg, and as always with the press, they're interested in selling papers, rather than actual substance. evidence of such was during the whole louis' baby affair, when it first came out; the elderly were shocked, whereas the younger citizens were more "ho hum" about the whole thing, which is why it pretty much got a blurb in a couple of papers, mags, and television shows- if that much. if you notice something, anything of a potentially negative nature that comes out, gets out there via word-of-mouth by someone from lux that is kind enough to fill those curious enough in.

Lady Jennifer said:
Are the laws in Luxembourg more severe (or strict) on invading/looking in on the private lives of royals and/or celebs living there? Or do the press/paparazzi have more respect for the privacy of these individuals?
It would be really interesting if someone with knowledge of law could explain this in a correct way. It's hard to get familiar with such complex laws of other countries, but there has to be some kind of laws that make it possibly for Luxembourg not to have paparazzis or extreme gossip magazines... When I tried to do a little reasearch before, I read that Luxembourg have quite strict laws that protect personal privacy (and that's why the press doesn't act like in other countries), but I don't know how much there is in that.

If Louis would've been a member of another Royal Family we would probably have seen pictures by the paparazzis/gossip media by now...

I think the fact that there are no paparazzi fotos is also due to the fact, that the market for trashy magazines is too small here in Luxembourg. There is one "people magazine" called "Revue", but this magazine has some "niveau" and doesn't publish trashy articles...and besides Revue there is no room for another magazine. People here in Luxembourg mainly buy the german and french magazines...and as you know, there are nearly dozens of trashy german and french people magazines, so there is no need for another one.

I don't know if this has been said before but it seems as if it was Louis' and Tessy's decision not to be shown on an "official" picture with their baby. And in that case in Luxembourg there won't be any picture of them. I don't really know why but in Luxembourg I haven't heard anyone say "Iwould like to see that baby". People just respect the fact that they don't wanna be seen in the newspapers. And as Swissluxi said there are no such magazines that would publish a picture of them if they don't want to.

I remember sth I don't know whether you know about that but princess Marie-Astrid had been seen with her future husband holding hands long before their engagement at some wedding of a cousin (I don't remember for sure). A Luxembourgish photographer had seen this and the princess put her finger to her lips in order to tell him not to say anything. And he didn't. I don't even think he took a picture but he didn't say anything about until the engagement was official.
Can you imagine sth like this in another country? There would have been a picture of them in every newspaper the next day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom