Baby Boy for Prince Louis & Tessy Antony - Gabriel: March 12, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ysbel said:
I too think its irresponsible for two young unmarried people to have a child without committing to their future, but with all the things that can go wrong in a pregnancy, surely the healthy birth of any baby is cause to celebrate. The child did not ask to be born; don't burden the child with the sins of the parents.

Sorry to be impertinent, but what who are we to judge what is or is not a sin? And if premarital sex is still a sin then I would be willing to bet that the great majority of the human beings on this earth are doomed to damnation!:)

Moonlightrhapsody said:
It all depends on religion. The Grand Dukes are Roman Catholics. In the eyes of the Church, premarital sex is a sin. Having children out of wedlock is considered to be a taboo and a very grave situation to be in even in other cultures that are not Roman Catholics. It's a very touchy situation between a royal family and relgion. In some countries, like the UK, the church and ruler and intertwined. As a member of a royal family, like it or not, you are a role model for the rest of the country and the standards are a lot higher for you than for the common man.

I'm torn about this birth, really. As with the other posters, every birth of a child is a joyous one. They are gifts and should be received with happiness and gratitude. On the other hand, I have to think of this child's future and, shamefully for me, the circumstances of his birth. He is still illegitimate, and therefore, his position with the family is tenuous. If Louis marries someone else and has children with his wife, his firstborn might be pushed to the background. It's a sad thing, but it has happened before.

And about money? Yes, true that Gabriel will be set for life. However, the most important things in this life are things money can't buy. We never know what will happen in the future as to how he will be seen by the royals and by the people, through no fault of his own. The fact that he was born out od wedlock presents a lot of challenges for him in the future and money won't be able to save him in some circumstances.

I happen to be catholic, and in my view, the rules of the church are becoming somewhat more relaxed, if not publicly then at least in one on one conversations with one's pastor. Furthermore, one is certainly not likely to be excommunicated simply for having a child out of wedlock.

One more thing. While we may all agree or not agree the fact that the act itself was irresponsible is irrefutable, but it is done. And not even the Roman Catholic Church punishes children for the acts of his or her parents. I know this for a FACT as I was born to an unwed mother, and the Roman Catholic church still baptized me. So if the church, to which the child will most likely be part of and the family of the child do not see fit to visit anger, punishement or any other negative action or emotion on this child who are we to do so?????

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I've heard that teenagers really don't care about their country's royals and really don't see them as role models. It is the adults who supposedly care. But I doubt that everyone here is between 40 and 80 years old, so I don't really know if it is true.

Congratulation to the parents:) ! I wonder if we will have comments from the grand-ducal familly about their feelings concerning this birth?

Does anyone have any information on whether these two are still together or have they broken up already? It might be living in sin but I would much prefer to hear that they are living together than to find out that after all of this they are no longer together. If they are not together, is it because the Grand Ducal family doesn't trust Tessy and don't want their son with this girl who may have had this child when Louis did not want to become a father?

I want to call their child Gaby as a nickname. I bet that is why they chose that name! So cute!

And what everyone is saying. I am annoyed that they were irresponsible with not being careful e.g. protection while having sex, but now that it is done, let's welcome the child and celebrate that they are parents.

Baby Boy

Congrats to Louis and Tessy on your new healthy baby boy.:)

How do you people on here who call them irresponible and say they should of used protection know for 100% that they didnt use it. Unless you was there you cant really say they should of used it when for all you know they may have. They could of very well used it protection isn't 100%, it does fail many people my sister included. My sister is 18 and has a child but she has grown up and taken responiblity for her child and she is a brilliant mother the same with the father his 19 and he has taken full responibility for the child,
Now i think people like that should be praise it isnt easy at that age to say yes i made a mistake but i will support that child every step of the way, so many people run when they find out there to be parents and the Prince hasnt he has accepted it with open arms. How can you say there not repsonible enough unless you know them personally you cant really say that. It's clear to me that these two people have joined together a decided they were going to have this baby and give it the best they can married or not it shouldn't matter

. There so many parents in there late 20's or 30 who have children and they dont always cope so you cant say that if there were older it would be better you dont know that for all you knwo they may have planned this child.
this is the 21st century not the 18th teenagers do and will have sex, know matter what they are teached in school or anywhere else. Protection doesn always work, which some need to understand from reading what i have read.

Now Congrats to the new parents and baby i wish them all the best.

Last edited:
Congrats to both Louis and Tessy. No matter what the circumstances surronding the birth, having a child is a wonderful thing! I believe that Louis will step up to his responsibilites as a father. Hopefully his family is as undertanding and supportive as I think that they are. I also hope that he will be able to raise his son in a stable, loving and private fashion.

I have tried googling Tessy Anthony for any pictures or other information on her. But there just doesn't seem to be that much information out there (at least not on the internet). There only seems to be one picture of her in her army uniform, and you would think there would be more interest in the mother of a royal baby. Does anyone have any other pictures of her?

That's all any of us have of her. But check around this site, in the Prince Louis is going to be a father! thread, too. I think there's one more. As of yet we don't have any pictures of the baby.

I think the parents are still together. Something said that they were moving to Switzerland, so I assume the "they" is the three of them.

There was no need for neither of both: pregnancy or abortion, the right thing is called protection, mainly in Louis position, I tend to think they didn't used that much of protection, usually the early aged pregnancy is due precisely by non responsible teenagers who "forgot" about the anticonceptives on/by the passion of the moment . It's all about common sense and respect, that's why there's still respected monarchies and degrading monarchies, to love somebody we no need to say that everything they do is right when we know is wrong and none of us wants that problem in our own families. They are role models wether their like it or not because they had have everything from education to luxuries just to become in one, because they are part of something called monarchy, all parent's knows that teens will rather look into the girl next door's/magazine/pop-singers/fashion-icon's her age way of live than their parents way of live who they consider all fashion during a period of time, until their hormones are not rollercoasters anymore and they reached a more mature age, some of the new young royals well, they want the rights without the duties, that's what's happen nowadays; there's no more Queen Elizabeth or Sofia's out there anymore, todays guys in general and in the monarchies have everything almost without any sacrificed, they didn't have to face an exile, poorness, a war, anything, that's why they are as they are, they usually don't value what they have and never think in all of their grannies or father's sacrifies to consolidate the institution in with they have grew up so easily, confortables and out of worries more than get into the best colleges, get to weare the best clothes and meet the nicest girls/boys around.

Last edited:
RaniaRocks said:
...there's no more Queen Elizabeth or Sofia's out there anymore, todays guys in general and in the monarchies have everything almost without any sacrificed, they didn't have to face an exile, poorness, a war, anything, that's why they are as they are, they usually don't value what they have and never think in all of their grannies or father's sacrifies to consolidate the institution in with they have grew up so easily, confortables and out of worries more than get into the best colleges, get to weare the best clothes and meet the nicest girls/boys around.

But haven't there been children born out of wedlock in every generation of European royalty? I mean, there's Prince Jean in Louis' own family, and Prince Albert of Monaco, and quite a few unacknowledged children in other families. This has been happening for centuries and most monarchies are still strong. At least Tessy and Louis are trying to create a family unit for little Gabriel. (BTW, I had heard they were moving to the grand duke's London apartment. When did that plan change to Switzerland :confused: ?)

GreenLily said:
BTW, I had heard they were moving to the grand duke's London apartment. When did that plan change to Switzerland :confused: ?

They were living in London while she was pregnant. It was reported in Het Nieuwsblaad [a Belgian paper] that after the baby was born they were moving to Switzerland [I believe Louis is going to study there].

GreenLily said:
But haven't there been children born out of wedlock in every generation of European royalty? I mean, there's Prince Jean in Louis' own family, and Prince Albert of Monaco, and quite a few unacknowledged children in other families. This has been happening for centuries and most monarchies are still strong. At least Tessy and Louis are trying to create a family unit for little Gabriel. (BTW, I had heard they were moving to the grand duke's London apartment. When did that plan change to Switzerland :confused: ?)

That is a good point. In fact, rates of children born out of wedlock used to be high in Europe all the time, the reason being that relatively few people could get married and when they were in their mid-twenties or late twenties, so children born out of wedlock were bound to "happen".

Bringing the image of the monarcy down. i.e. gossips.

suturegeisha said:
They were living in London while she was pregnant. It was reported in Het Nieuwsblaad [a Belgian paper] that after the baby was born they were moving to Switzerland [I believe Louis is going to study there].

oh ok, thanks!

so i've been reading these posts about Louis being a role model and teenagers imitating them and all of that and i have to say that is complete bs. i am sixteen years old and would never do something because "OOOHHH A PRINCE DID IT!" sorry maybe i'm the odd duck but i live life on my own terms and don't really follow what celebs or royals do, and i think i can speak for some other teens, at least in the US. i don't know how it works in europe.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Actually, I've heard that teenagers really don't care about their country's royals and really don't see them as role models. It is the adults who supposedly care. But I doubt that everyone here is between 40 and 80 years old, so I don't really know if it is true.

you are completely right.

enchantednights said:
so i've been reading these posts about Louis being a role model and teenagers imitating them and all of that and i have to say that is complete bs. i am sixteen years old and would never do something because "OOOHHH A PRINCE DID IT!" sorry maybe i'm the odd duck but i live life on my own terms and don't really follow what celebs or royals do, and i think i can speak for some other teens, at least in the US. i don't know how it works in europe.

You are right. It is definitely not royalty most European teenagers look up to and take as their model.

Congradulations for the birth and I wish the three of them the best in the future!!!

Mathilde1286 said:
Has there been a picture released of the baby?

They said there would be no official picture of the child. I guess all we will see is glances of him going to places here and there.

Kelly said:
They said there would be no official picture of the child. I guess all we will see is glances of him going to places here and there.

that's unfair, he's a part of the Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg and deserves to be treated as one instead of being the "bastard boy" (sorry if you are offended by the word;) ):mad:

crisiñaki said:
that's unfair, he's a part of the Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg and deserves to be treated as one instead of being the "bastard boy" (sorry if you are offended by the word;) ):mad:

Who says that he's being treated as the "bastard boy?" :confused: Just because there will be no official picture of Gabriel does not mean that the Luxembourg royal court treats the baby as less a member of the royal family. They are simply drawing a line between their public life and their private life.

Tessy and the baby are private individuals technically. Tessy has not married into the Grand Ducal family and is still a private citizen, and so is her baby, who bears no official title. He is a grandson of the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess, and the son of a prince, but he's no more royal than Infanta Elena or Cristina of Spain's children or Princess Martha Louise of Norway's daughters, all of whom were born legitimately.

I think we need to be careful in addressing Gabriel as a "bastard child" just because he has no title or there are no official pictures of him.

Alexandria said:
He is a grandson of the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess, and the son of a prince, but he's no more royal than Infanta Elena or Cristina of Spain's children or Princess Martha Louise of Norway's daughters, all of whom were born legitimately.

The very fact that the baby is an illegitimate child, makes him a "bastard" in the true definition of the word.

Also that there will be no official photos and the that the baby will not have the Louis's surname just reinforces the fact that the baby is illegitimate..a bastard.

Alisa said:
The very fact that the baby is an illegitimate child, makes him a "bastard" in the true definition of the word.

Also that there will be no official photos and the that the baby will not have the Louis's surname just reinforces the fact that the baby is illegitimate..a bastard.

By literal definition that he is one doesn't mean that he will be treated like one. Marius is hardly treated like a bastard child -- he is very much loved by his mom and dad and his step-father and his step-family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom